1/13/2013 3:00:00 PM
Warm weather and fog.... m-m-m-m. Good day for good tunes cuz we sure aren't playing outside.
Stuff I am talking aout today if you want more info:
DAVE GROHL ADDS MORE BIG NAMES TO SOUND CITY PLAYERS GIG
Just one day after it came out that Dave Grohl had enlisted Stone Sour's Corey Taylor to sing as part of his Sound City Players at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah on January 18th, additional music stars have been confirmed for the gig. Also joining Grohl that night will be all the members of his band Foo Fighters, the surviving members of his previous group Nirvana, plus Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty, Rick Springfield, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick, drummerBrad Wilk of Rage Against The Machine and several others, with more guests yet to be announced.
- The show sold out within minutes of going on sale Wednesday (January 9th) and will celebrate the premiere -- earlier in the day on the 18th -- of Sound City: Real To Reel, a new documentary produced and directed by Grohl.
- The documentary chronicles the history of Sound City, a legendary Los Angeles studio at which dozens of classic rock albums were recorded. Grohl interviewed a number of artists for the film and also arranged for older and contemporary artists to collaborate on new music for the project.
- Sound City will be available in theaters, on DVD and on demand on February 1st. It can be pre-ordered directly from Grohl at the official film website.
- An accompanying soundtrack album will arrive on March 12th. A song from that collection, "Cut Me Some Slack," featuring the members of Nirvana and Paul McCartney, was released last month.
- According to a press release, the Sundance show is not a one-off gig: future Sound City Players lineups and dates will be announced as they are confirmed.
Alice in Chains Video for Holow is HERE.
The Edge's charity organization Music Rising is HERE.
Rock N' Roll Fantasy Camp being held from January 23rd to 27th at Las Vegas' MGM Grand Hotel. Info HERE.