Lost - The Bitching Blog
4/3/2009 11:59:00 AM
OK. Let's get it out in the open. If you want to complain about the lack of the Lost chat, do it here. A few points:
1. It has NOTHING to do with our relationship with ABC, Fox, or any other television network. Really. I promise. We are not beholden to them; they are not interested in whether or not the chat happens. There is no conspiracy involved.
2. I'm sure many of you are frustrated by the lack of the Lost chat. You miss it. You want it to return. Unfortunately, that's probably not going to happen. It's certainly not going to return on a weekly basis. We'll probably talk about it before and after the season premieres and finales. We'll talk about it with guests (even guests like Hal Sparks) when we see fit. We'll talk about it when we interview the stars or writers of the show. If time allows, we'll talk about it on a Thursday. This is how it's going to be.
3. The parties for the Season Premiere and Season Finale are still going to happen. Let's look at this way: there are only three left. One in May 2009 and two in 2010 for Season 6.
4. We still love watching Lost. It's a great show. It might be the best show on TV. That's why we watch it every week. There are Wednesday nights we might not watch it, though. That's why God invented the DVR.
5. This page is designed for you to share your theories on what happened on a particular episode or throughout the history of Lost. It's an open forum. But if you want to complain, please keep your complaints to this particular post. Furthermore, we have an entire page on our website dedicated to one TV show and think that should count for something.
7. Seriously. Relax.
8. We love you. We love our listeners. We couldn't do our show without you. We didn't stop doing the weekly chat because we wanted to piss you off; we did it as a deliberate choice. In essence, the weekly chat became a chore. There are 4 1/2 seasons of show to cover and as lovers of Lost, you know that there are roughly 72 million details that have become a bit baffling.
Case in point: the conversation between Hurley and Miles on this last week's episode. These two guys are CHARACTERS ON THE SHOW AND THEY'RE CONFUSED!!! The sheer number of paradoxical intricacies make a normal conversation during the course of OUR show very difficult, if not impossible. Therefore, we decided to keep the conversations going on this page rather than on the air.
9. Our radio station has an open door policy. If you'd like to come in to visit and watch what goes into our program, please feel free. You can contact me directly at Nick@wmmr.com. I think you'll find we're kind, good-hearted people and that we haven't lost our connection to our listeners. I hope so, anyway.
10. Go Phils. Go Nova. Also, Sixers, Flyers, and Eagles.
I think that pretty much covers it, but I'm sure some of you will point out where I'm wrong in that assumption. I read every post before I approve it (and I approve 99% of them) so please believe me when I write that your thoughts, complaints, support, suggestions, and concerns are not falling on deaf ears.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Nick McIlwain - Nick@wmmr.com
Preston and Steve