A woman who has allegedly been stalking Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell and his wife has been arrested in Tampa Bay, Florida, according to TampaBay.com. Jessica Leigh Robbins was arrested last Friday (July 25th) for allegedly stalking and making threats to Cornell and his family, and is suspected of attempting to enter their home in Miami last fall. Robbins allegedly posted on the Internet that she had driven seven hours to speak with Cornell, but "was unable to enter the elevator in his residence because she did not have the elevator key.”
- The administrator for Soundgarden's official website also turned over a series of hostile posts and tweets believed to have been written by Robbins, according to FBI agents involved with the case.
- The 32-year-old Robbins has been barred from going within 1,000 feet of the MidFlorida Credit Union Amphitheater, where Soundgarden is performing next month.
- She’s also been ordered not to have any contact with the Cornell family or members of Soundgarden. Robbins was released on $50,000 bail, ordered to wear an ankle monitor and to also stay off the Internet.
- Robbins had previously approached Cornell at a fan event, asking if a manuscript she had sent had been helpful. Later, it was learned that Robbins had posted videos of herself discussing the encounter and alleging that the frontman had plagiarized her writings.
- She also claimed to be the mother of one of Cornell’s children and had called in a complaint against Cornell’s wife Vicky for child abuse.
- Robbins is not the only stalker Cornell has had to deal with either. Last February, a Seattle woman was charged for allegedly tweeting over 100 death threats to the singer, as well as a threat to rape his 13-year-old daughter.
- The Cornells were also subjected to death threats in 2006 in which a man described how he planned to kill Vicky and the couple's two children.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Can any of us even begin to understand the psychology of these people? Why aren't they getting help?
- Have you ever been the victim of a stalker? How did you handle it and was the person ever arrested?
CHECK IT OUT: What to do if you are being stalked http://bit.ly/1uEn21k
INTERNET COMMENTS at Loudwire -- agree or not?
Eric Massicotte wrote: "That's the downside of success: you get all kind of idiots addicted to you."
Josh Sandland wrote: "Wow. The dark side of fame...Sorry Chris!"
Bradley Clifton Smith wrote: "I thought they caught me for a second."
Diarmaid Farrell wrote: "he's too fabulous for his own good."
Read more at Blabbermouth, Loudwire, Ultimate Classic Rock, Classic Rock, Rolling Stone and Billboard