The Red Hot Chili Peppers announced via Twitter on Tuesday (July 1st) that drummer Chad Smith has picked his five favorite live recordings and compiled them on a free EP available through the band’s website. According to Diffuser, the set contains "Strip My Mind," "Wet Sand" and "Snow" from 2006's Stadium Arcadium, along with "Breaking The Girl" and "Power Of Equality" from 1991's breakthrough album Blood Sugar Sex Magik.
- All the recordings were captured on the band's world tour behind its 2011 album I'm With You. That tour only just came to an end earlier this year.
- The Chili Peppers are officially back in the studio working on their 11th album. .
- The group has been in the public eye a lot since the beginning of 2014, starting with a performance at the Super Bowl at the end of January.
- Chad Smith recently took part in an epic drum battle with Will Ferrell on The Tonight Show, while bassist Flea signed a deal to write his autobiography and found time to record with a new project called Antemasque.
- Guitarist Josh Klinghoffer recently released a new album from his side band, Dot Hacker.
CHECK IT OUT: Get your hands on the 2012-13 Live EP for free here
SIDE NOTES: The track listing for the EP is:
1. "Breaking The Girl" (May 7, 2012 – Boston, MA)
2. "Wet Sand" (April 10, 2012 – Duluth, GA)
3. "Snow" (Feb. 2, 2013 – Johannesburg, South Africa)
4. "Power Of Equality" (July 5, 2012 – Milan, Italy)
5. "Strip My Mind" (May 4, 2012 – Newark, NJ)
WATCH: See fan-filmed footage of the Chili Peppers performing "The Power Of Equality" in Milan:
Read more at Diffuser