A former personal manager for Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose believes that a reunion of the band's classic lineup could happen -- possibly as soon as two years from now. Craig Duswalt, who was Rose's personal handler on the 1991-1993 Use Your Illusion tour, told ABC News that bassist Duff McKagan's recent appearances with the band on a South American tour and a show in Las Vegas could be the catalyst that sets a full reunion in motion.
Duswalt explained, "Duff is paving the way to open the gates again. Axl and Duff are really getting along well at the concerts, so there’s an opening.”
- Duswalt admitted, however, that the most fractured relationship is the one between Rose and guitarist Slash.
- He revealed, "About five years ago, Slash went to Axl’s house one day, and Axl didn’t want to see him. We (had) thought for a while yes (a reunion could happen), but then it just got ugly again and we thought, ‘There’s no way.’”
- Duswalt added that Rose and Slash "hate each other right now. It’s bad . . . but Slash and him were so close. We all have a feeling it will happen. It’s gonna happen in the next two years -- there’s an opening because of Duff playing with Axl."
- The current version of Guns N' Roses is finishing up a residency in Vegas, and has not recorded anything new since 2008's Chinese Democracy.
- Slash will issue his third solo outing, World On Fire, this September.
- Duswalt has just published a memoir titled Welcome To My Jungle.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Do you think Duswalt know what he's talking about or is he just playing guessing games?
- Do you think the classic Guns lineup will reunite at some point?
- What is the longest you've ever gone not speaking to someone with whom you were once close?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
David Kaiser wrote: "it is too late now. they should have done it at the hall of fame induction. axl has ruined the name now and it does not mean the same anymore."
Chris Coudrain wrote: "I could see maybe a one off concert thing..... Nothing long term."
Jansen Guerrero wrote: "guys do it for the fans please."
Lisa Marie Donadio wrote: "It's not going to happen. Maybe with Izzy and Duff but with Slash and Steven? Nope. They probably couldn't even get Steven sober long enough to do one show."
Read more at Blabbermouth, Ultimate Classic Rock and Classic Rock
Blabbermouth posts video of Guns N' Roses paying tribute to late The Angels frontman Doc Neeson Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
NME reports Guns N' Roses confirm existence of two new albums
Rolling Stone posts Weekend Rock Question: What's the best Guns N' Roses song?