Slash is continuing his push into film producing that started last year with the horror movie Nothing Left To Fear. According to Ultimate Classic Rock, the former Guns N' Roses guitarist has signed on as executive producer for Cut Throats Nine, an upcoming Western thriller starring Mads Mikkelsen from TV's Hannibal and Harvey Keitel of Reservoir Dogs and The Grand Budapest Hotel fame.
Slash told us what attracted him to becoming a movie producer: "I didn't set out one day and go, 'Hey, you know, I'd really like to produce movies' and make some phone calls. It was sort of dropped into my lap by another producer. And I really wasn't sure, you know, I didn't know if I had the aptitude for it, you know -- like, what exactly does that entail? But from a creative point of view, I was all over it, and so I just sort of jumped in and found that it didn't feel all that different than the way I feel when I'm making music."
- Slash said in a statement about the new film, "It’s a brilliant script with great characters. The story is gritty, tough, shocking and ballsy with great twists and turns throughout.”
- Although Nothing Left To Fear came out last year under Slash's own production banner, Slasher Films, that company doesn't appear to be involved in Cut Throats Nine.
- Cut Throats Nine is a remake of a 1972 Spanish spaghetti Western about a band of U.S. cavalrymen escorting a group of convicts across the Rocky Mountains. After most of the troops are killed, one sergeant and his daughter remain, determined to bring the prisoners the rest of the way on foot.
- No release date has been announced, but production is expected to begin late this year.
- Slash and his band, Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators, recently completed the recording of the third album, which is expected to arrive in September.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Did you see the last film Slash produced, Nothing Left To Fear? What did you think of it?
- Does having two careers like music and film producing always come at the expense of one or the other?
- Should Slash wait to pursue his producing career until after he is done touring and recording? Or can he make them both work at the same time?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Ultimate Classic Rock -- agree or not?
Le Bach wrote: "Cant Wait!"
Georgina Perez Santos wrote: "If Mads Mikkelsen accepted a role. it has to be very good, this incredible actor is always in the best projects."
Lee Elson wrote: "sounds like he wants to be like Rob zombie! slash you are a loser!"
Slash On Becoming A Movie Producer