Subscribe to channel
- Metallica bassist Robert Trujillo and guitarist Kirk Hammett will serve as the keynote speakers at this year's Surf Summit 17, set to take place from May 14th to the 17th at the Melia Cabo Real resort in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. More than 250 leaders from top surf brands and retail shops will be in attendance. Trujillo has been surfing since the '80s and Hammett since 2002. (Blabbermouth) Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep Blabbermouth posts official cobcert footage of Metallica in Quito, Ecuador
- Slipknot will bring its own festival, Knotfest, to Tokyo, Japan on November 15th and 16th. The event will feature more than 20 international and Japanese acts. Percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan said, "It is an honor to be able to share and enjoy our festival with Japan, the Japanese people, our fans, and all the wonderful Japanese bands and all the other bands who will be playing with us." (Blabbermouth) Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep Check out more deatails at Blabbermouth
- Photos have surfaced online of the Los Angeles apartment in which Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love lived two years before the Nirvana frontman took his own life in April 1994. The pictures show a messy array of things that the couple left behind in the disheveled place, including unopened mail, pill bottles, business cards, a dingy bra, loose change, a crumbled cigarette packet, and a burnt metal spoon. See the photos at http://nydn.us/1gXhNg1 (New York Daily News) Read more at Billboard
- Although his bandmate Chris Martin is going through an unhappy period right now, Coldplay bassist Guy Berryman is reportedly engaged. The 35-year-old Scottish rocker proposed to his girlfriend, Dutch model Keshia Gerrits, last month. The pair have been dating for two years and will wed sometime in the next few months. Berryman was previously married to Joanna Berryman, with whom he has a seven-year-old daughter. (Irish Mirror)
- The Smashing Pumpkins will release two albums next year through a new deal with BMG. Frontman Billy Corgan said that the discs, titled Monuments To An Elegy and Day For Night, will be guitar-driven, but "more so on the epic side of things than say, grossly metallic." Corgan added that a single could surface by the end of the year. (Billboard) Read more at Loudwire, Classic Rock, Rolling Stone and NME
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the classic Smashing Pumpkins video for "1979":
Watch a complete Slipknot concert from the U.S. Knotfest in 2012:
- Two of the most well-known stoners in cinematic history are reuniting for a new film. Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong are expected to appear in a new film together for the first time in over two decades. They will be teaming up with director Jay Chandrasekhar -- known for his work in the Broken Lizard comedy troupe. Chong recently discussed the project with Celebstoner.com saying, "Jay is working on a script right now for us. We've had some preliminary meetings. It looks really good. It looks really funny. It will be about us going to a festival called the Burning Joint. All sorts of shenanigans happen. It's going to be a lot of fun." Read more at Rolling Stone
- Blabbermouth reports the latest episode of the "Mars Attacks" podcast (hear audio below) features an interview with legendary drummer Vinny Appice (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, DIO, LAST IN LINE). During the chat, he discusses his recent exit from KILL DEVIL HILL; recording new music with LAST IN LINE (which features remaining members of the original DIO lineup plus Andrew Freeman on lead vocals); how he feels the DIO legacy is being handled after the passing of Ronnie James Dio; what it was like working on the upcoming tribute album to Ronnie, "This Is Your Life"; being part of Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy Camp; and jamming with BLACK LABEL SOCIETY mainman and former OZZY OSBOURNE guitarist Zakk Wylde and ex-OZZY OSBOURNE and QUIET RIOT bassist Rudy Sarzo. Asked about Wylde's recent comments regarding the Ronnie James Dio-era BLACK SABBATH in which Zakk stated that the Dio-fronted version of the band sounded too different from the group's previous output to be rightfully called BLACK SABBATH, Vinny said: "Everybody's got an opinion, and that's his opinion. "The thing with a Dio-fronted SABBATH and an Ozzy-fronted SABBATH is, he's right: it's two different bands, it's two different sounds. There is a tie between them — you can hear the sound of Tony [Iommi] and Geezer's [Butler] style and their personality in there, but the stuff done with Ronnie, and this is with the 'Heaven And Hell' album — I'm not even on that — sounds different than the old SABBATH stuff. There's still a tie in there, but it became a different band, a little bit more musical; they could play more challenging stuff than what they did before. And then the stuff with me was the same thing; the band was able to go a little bit more into unknown territory with the music, because Ronnie and I are players. Ronnie is a real musician-singer, and Ozzy's a singer-frontman. And Ozzy's great, Dio's great. It is two different things; it just happened to have the same name. The stuff with Ozzy could never sound like that without Ozzy. And all those songs, the way they were written and the vibe and the attitude, man, that's some cool stuff. And that was just classic. "It's very unusual for a band to be able to have two different lineups and yet be equally as strong musically, but different. Same with VAN HALEN; with David Lee Roth, it was a different band. And then they got Sammy [Hagar], they became more musical, more mature, maybe, more… You know, 'We can try different things. We've got a different kind of singer.' It's a different band with the same name. "Some people I meet never heard of the early SABBATH; they started listening to 'Mob Rules', or they stated listening to 'Heaven And Hell', and they only know SABBATH from Diosinging. So it's amazing, all the different opinions you get."
- Blabbermouth reports the official East Coast listening party for for the Ronnie James Dio tribute album "This Is Your Life" will be held on Saturday, March 29 at 10:00 p.m. at Duff's Brooklynin Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The address is:
168 Marcy Avenue (between S 5th & Broadway)
Williamsburg, New York
For more information, visit www.duffsbrooklyn.com.
Ronnie James Dio is one of the most beloved figures in rock history. His gifts, both as a singer and songwriter, are instantly recognizable, whether he was with RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, or leading DIO. Sadly, Dio lost his battle with stomach cancer in 2010 but his towering voice and legacy live on. To celebrate one of rock's most powerful voices, an all-star group of his friends and fans recorded 13 of their favorite tracks for a tribute album, 100% of proceeds from which will go to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund. Produced by his longtime manager and wife Wendy Dio, the album includes contributions by such metal heavyweights as METALLICA, MOTÖRHEAD, SCORPIONS, ANTHRAX, and Rob Halford, as well as appearances by many of the musicians who performed with Dio over the years. "This Is Your Life" will be available from Rhino on April 1. A digital version will also be available. Although the songs featured on the album touch on the different eras of Dio's career, several spotlight his time with RAINBOW, including METALLICA's epic, nine-minute "Ronnie Rising Medley", which combines the RAINBOW songs "A Light In The Black", "Tarot Woman", "Stargazer" and "Kill The King". SCORPIONS add a scorching take on "Temple Of The King" while MOTÖRHEAD is joined by Biff Byford from SAXON on "Starstruck". Rob Halford teams with frequent Dio collaborators Vinny Appice, Doug Aldrich, Jeff Pilson, and Scott Warren for "Man On The Silver Mountain". The final lineup of Dio's solo band — Simon Wright, Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo and Scott Warren — are joined by Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) for "Catch The Rainbow", a track from RAINBOW's 1975 debut. ANTHRAX and ADRENALINE MOB honor Dio's memorable stint with BLACK SABBATH with their takes on "Neon Knights" and "The Mob Rules", respectively, as does a group, led by Oni Logan on vocals along with Jimmy Bain, Rowan Robertson, and Brian Tichy, which performs "I" from "Dehumanizer". "This Is Your Life" also includes songs from Dio's back-to-back platinum albums "Holy Diver" (1983) and "The Last In Line" (1984), with DORO's take on "Egypt (The Chains Are On)", HALESTORM tackling "Straight Through The Heart", Corey Taylor (STONE SOUR, SLIPKNOT) covering the classic "Rainbow In The Dark" and TENACIOUS D (Jack Black and Kyle Gass) putting their signature spin on "The Last In Line". KILLSWITCH ENGAGE's cover of "Holy Diver", a hit in its own right when released in 2006, is also included here. Fittingly, Ronnie James Dio provides the finale (and the album's title) with his moving performance of "This Is Your Life". Originally released on "Angry Machines" (1996), the song's lyrics explore mortality and are backed by a stark and beautiful arrangement that features Dio accompanied only by his longtime keyboardist Scott Warren on piano. The song serves as a poignant reminder that we will never hear a voice like Dio's again. "We reached out to Wendy Dio about wanting to be a part of the Dio tribute that's getting put together," METALLICA singer James Hetfield told U.K.'s Metal Hammer magazine. "We're very honored to be a part of that, and to be a part of a celebration of Ronnie's life and his great contribution, man." In an interview with Guitar International, former ANTHRAX guitarist Rob Caggiano stated that the band's cover version of "Neon Knights" "came out pretty smoking." The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund, co-founded by Wendy Dio, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable fund dedicated to supporting cancer-prevention research, raising awareness and educating the public about the vital importance of early detection and prevention when dealing with this deadly disease.
"This Is Your Life" track listing:
01. "Neon Knights" - ANTHRAX *
02. "The Last In Line" - TENACIOUS D *
03. "The Mob Rules" - ADRENALINE MOB
04. "Rainbow In The Dark" - Corey Taylor, Roy Mayorga, Satchel, Christian Martucci, Jason Christopher *
05. "Straight Through The Heart" - HALESTORM *
06. "Starstruck" - MOTÖRHEAD with Biff Byford *
07. "Temple Of The King" - SCORPIONS *
08. "Egypt (The Chains Are On)" - DORO
09. "Holy Diver" - KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
10. "Catch The Rainbow" - Glenn Hughes, Simon Wright, Craig Goldy, Rudy Sarzo, Scott Warren *
11. "I" - Oni Logan, Jimmy Bain, Rowan Robertson, Brian Tichy *
12. "Man On The Silver Mountain" - Rob Halford, Vinny Appice, Doug Aldrich, Jeff Pilson, Scott Warren *
13. "Ronnie Rising Medley" (featuring "A Light In The Black", "Tarot Woman", "Stargazer", "Kill The King") - METALLICA *
14. "This Is Your Life" - DIO
* Previously unreleased
The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up and Shout Cancer Fund is a privately funded 501(c)(3) charity organization which has already raised more than $600,000 in its short history. Monies raised to date have been committed to the cancer research work of the T.J. Martell Foundation for Cancer, AIDS and Leukemia Research and the gastric cancer research unit of the M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, where Ronnie was treated for gastric cancer during the last six months of his life.
- Blabbermouth reports an introductory ad for Sprint's "Framily" plan, which lets you add non-family members to a family plan, shows little girl named Heidi singing a lovely rendition of MÖTLEY CRÜE's "Home Sweet Home" in French. Check it out below. In addition to promoting the plan, the campaign "positions Sprint as a cultural leader that recognizes the changing social dynamics of American families today," a rep from the agency explained. "The American family has changed. Our families today are more than our relatives, but also our friends, our neighbors — basically all the people we love," Sprint CMO Jeff Hallock says in a statement. "So we created a product to give the new American family the flexibility and value they need from a wireless plan, brought to life through the Frobinsons. Our campaign acknowledges that we all have families that are unique with interesting personalities. It's a fun, lighthearted look at one group going through life as one big, happy Framily." "The Frobinsons are a typical American family. They are a strange mix of individuals that care very deeply about each other and we wanted to create a group of characters that are familiar and very unique at the same time," adds Mark Figliulo of Figliulo & Partners, which created the spot. "We know that people are happiest when they are connected to the people and things they care about most. That's why everything we do ends on a beginning: Happy Connecting." During a 2012 episode of "Sixx Sense", the national radio program hosted by MÖTLEY CRÜE/SIXX: A.M. bassist Nikki Sixx, Nikki revealed the "secret origin" behind the CRÜE song "Home Sweet Home". Said Nikki: "Our record company back in the day, Elektra Records, we turned in [the 1983 CRÜE album] 'Shout At The Devil' and they rejected the album. They said they didn't like it, it didn't sound like [1981's] 'Too Fast For Love', we changed the logo, we changed our look. And so we said, 'Fine. Then we'll go to another record company.' So [Elektra] put it out [after all], and it sold four million copies. Elektra was about to go bankrupt at the time, and that saved their ass. And then when our next record [1985's 'Theatre Of Pain'] got turned in, with 'Home Sweet Home' on it, they rejected that album. They said, 'This is horrible, and you have to take that song off the record. You guys aren't a ballad band.' So we did the same thing. "We were always at war with that record company; they never really believed in us. "And so we came out with 'Smokin' In The Boys Room [as the first single from 'Theatre'], and that album blew up. And then we wanted to release 'Home Sweet Home' [as the next single and video], and [the record company] said, 'No way. No way.' So we funded it, we shot the video ourselves, went on MTV and the rest is history. "But that song ['Home Sweet Home'] was never a hit single. They never worked it at radio, they never promoted the song, and if it wasn't for MTV back when they used to play videos, that song wouldn't be the song it is today. But that song's kind of like our 'Dream On' [AEROSMITH] or our 'Stairway To Heaven' [LED ZEPPELIN], right?! … 'Dream On' was not a hit single [either]. "It's interesting how a song resonates with an audience, but that definitely doesn't always resonate with business people. They look at things like AEROSMITH, and they go, 'Oh, this is your first record. You don't wanna have a ballad on it.' But that was the song — that was the jewel of that first AEROSMITH record. 'Home Sweet Home' is such a jewel in our career, just as 'Stairway To Heaven' is [for LED ZEPPELIN]. And a lot of bands have that kind of song that really connects with people, other than what they usually do, which is, maybe in our case, we're a rock band and that something was a little bit left of center." "Home Sweet Home" charted at No. 89 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The song ranked No. 12 on VH1's chart of the greatest power ballads of all time. "I remember like it was yesterday," said MÖTLEY CRÜE singer Vince Neil about writing the song, "sitting in the recording studio when Tommy [Lee, MÖTLEY's drummer] came up with the piano chords and I almost immediately started humming." "American Idol" star Carrie Underwood performed her version of "Home Sweet Home"on the 2009 season of the popular television talent show. Read more at Loudwire and Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine has introduced Mustaine Vineyards' debut limited-edition first release Select Cabernet Sauvignon 2012, "Symphony Interrupted". This very special wine was made in limited quantities to commemorate Mustaine's sold-out performance with the San Diego Symphony. You can now order "Symphony Interrupted" Select Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 at www.mustainevineyards.com. Mustaine will be a featured soloist with the San Diego Symphony this spring. The classical special concert, billed as "Symphony Interrupted", will take place at Copley Symphony Hall in San Diego, California on Saturday, April 12 at 8:00 p.m. In this truly unique concert event, Mustaine brings his crunchy and energetic sensibility to the great works of classical music which have inspired him over the course of his Grammy-nominated, multi platinum-selling career. When Dave Mustaine performs the virtuosic "Summer" and "Winter" movements from Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons", and Bach's classic "Air" on the G string, you will see a truly different side of "metal." MEGADETH's latest album, "Super Collider" has sold mor ethan 80,000 copies in the United States since its June 4, 2013 release. The CD arrived in stores via Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, distributed by Universal Music Enterprises (UMe). Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports Californian rockers RATT has released the following statement: "We are deeply saddened to report that [RATT singer] Stephen Pearcy's sister has passed away. Due to this sudden and unexpected news, RATT will not be performing on the Monsters Of Rock cruise. "We would like to thank all our loyal fans for their continued support and understanding. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to Stephen and his family. "We ask that you kindly respect Stephen's privacy during this difficult time." RATT drummer Bobby Blotzer recently announced that he would sit out the band's appearance at the Monsters Of Rock cruise because he has not yet fully recovered from the neck surgery he underwent last October. Filling in for him once again was supposed to be Jimmy DeGrasso, who has previously played with Y&T, WHITE LION and MEGADETH, among others. Blotzer previously missed three RATT shows in January. All three dates were played with DeGrasso behind the kit. RATT's first studio record in 11 years, "Infestation", sold around 14,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 30 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was issued on April 20, 2010 via Loud & Proud. "Infestation" has sold more than 50,000 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports Allen Kovac's Eleven Seven Music Group has announced the signing of San Antonio, Texas alternative rockers NOTHING MORE. With soaring vocal melodies, meticulous atypical rhythmic structures, huge anthemic choruses and lyrical content that restores the art of storytelling, NOTHING MORE is set to take over the airwaves with the upcoming, self-titled Eleven Seven Music debut album. With tracks like "This Is The Time (Ballast)" — released worldwide on March 10 — they are ready to raise the standard for contemporary rock music. The hotly pursued band was thrilled to sign its deal with Eleven Seven Music Group. "The day has finally come that we are partnering with a label that feels as passionately as we do about conquering the world through music," says NOTHING MORE vocalist Jonny Hawkins. "We couldn't be prouder to be working with the amazing people at Eleven Seven!" Danny Wimmer from Armsdivsion Management adds: "While most labels in today's new music business are chasing pop culture and radio trends, Eleven Seven Music has stayed true to the rock genre and continues to double down on expanding their reach in the genre. I couldn't be more excited to have NOTHING MORE join the Eleven Seven Music family." Eleven Seven Music Group CEO Allen Kovac states: "Every 10 years or so, there is a band that sonically and lyrically shakes things up and cuts through the clutter. For true rock fans that moment has arrived with NOTHING MORE. That is why we signed them to a five-albums-guaranteed contract." The debut single, "This Is The Time (Ballast)" is available for purchase at iTunes.
- Blabbermouth reports "Extremist", the seventh album from Seattle-based Christian metallers DEMON HUNTER, sold around 18,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 16 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD was released on March 18 via Solid State. DEMON HUNTER's sixth album, "True Defiance", opened with 12,500 units back in April 2011 to land at No. 36.
"Extremist" track listing:
02. Artificial Light
03. What I'm Not
04. The Last One Alive
05. I Will Fail You
06. One Last Song
07. Cross To Bear
08. Hell Don't Need Me
09. In Time
10. Beyond Me
12. The Heart Of A Graveyard
Deluxe-edition bonus songs:
13. Waste Me
14. Helpless Hope
In an interview with Jesus Wired, DEMON HUNTER lead singer Ryan Clark stated about "Extremist": "I can say that it's a very mature record for us. It spans a lot of territory — so it's anything but a one-dimensional record, and I hope that's appreciated. The good thing is that it's 12 songs (14 on the deluxe)… no filler… no instrumentals… so there' a lot of varying material." He added: "Like every DEMON HUNTER record, there are a variety of styles happening on 'Extremist'. Usually, the first few songs that we release show as much of that variety as possible. With that said, there are a bunch of songs that are just as heavy as 'Artificial Light', if not heavier. There are a few songs that are melodic and moody, like 'I Will Fail You'. And there are also songs that fit somewhere in the middle… the way that 'The Last One Alive' does. If you compare these songs to some of our material in the past, say 'God Forsaken', 'Dead Flowers' and 'Fading Away', respectively, then you'll see that it's not necessarily new ground… I think the important factor is that they're hopefully better… more mature… catchier… more interesting… creative… thought-provoking." DEMON HUNTER made headlines last year for its purported association with the Navy SEAL who killed Osama Bin Laden. In an article in Esquire, the anonymous SEAL said: "I wore my DEMON HUNTER patch on every mission. I wore it when I blasted Bin Laden."
"I Will Fail You" lyric video:
"The Last One Alive"
Interview (part 1):
Interview (part 2):
Interview (part 3):
Interview (part 4):
- Blabbermouth reports in September, German melodic metallers EDGUY will hit the road in support of their forthcoming album, "Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown". The band's tour management has just revealed that EDGUY considered approaching NASA to help build the stage for the show. A spokesman for All Access Entertainment says: "Working with EDGUY is a pleasure, but at the same time it's a major challenge. The best is not good enough for EDGUY, because they love their fans like no other band in the world. They have always been the hardest-working band on the planet to give their audience the biggest bang for the buck. It's an honor to work for them. "The first time we considered approaching NASA was for a keyboard, due to fractional heat caused by Tobi's fast playing — the keys literally caught fire. We were in need of special material and gear used in the world of aerospace technology. That's when we got the idea of building a lifesize model of Cape Canaveral to take out on the road with us. However, it was difficult to transform, we failed — but it was worth the try. Now, we see what we can come up with for the forthcoming tour, but we're optimistic that it will blow away everything known to humankind." EDGUY will release its tenth studio album, "Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown", on April 18 via Nuclear Blast. In addition to the regular CD edition, the follow-up to 2011's "Age Of The Joker"will be made available as a limited digibook containing two CDs. Also available will be a strictly limited hardcover earbook collectors' edition (28.5x28.5cm) containing the two discs, a photographic history with more than 130 photos from the band's archive, liner notes, touring history, and more.
"Space Police - Defenders Of The Crown" track listing:
01. Sabre & Torch
02. Space Police
03. Defenders Of The Crown
04. Love Tyger
05. The Realms Of Baba Yaga
06. Rock Me Amadeus
07. Do Me Like A Caveman
08. Shadow Eaters
09. Alone In Myself
10. The Eternal Wayfarer
Bonus disc track listing:
02. Aychim In Hysteria
03. Space Police (progressive version)
04. Space Police (instrumental version)
05. Love Tyger (instrumental version)
06. Defenders Of The Crown (instrumental version)
07. Do Me Like A Caveman (instrumental version)
The official lyric video for the song "Sabre & Torch" can be seen below.
"Sabre & Torch" lyric video:
- Blabbermouth reports New Orleans, Louisiana's sons of American no-frills-black-metal-meets-death-'n'-roll GOATWHORE will release their new album, "Constricting Rage Of The Merciless", in North America on July 8 via Metal Blade Records. Fans who see GOATWHORE live on the road as part of the "Metal Alliance" tour will have the opportunity to reserve their copy of the CD at the band's merch booth. Those pre-orders will include a special limited edition/exclusive album laminate and and exclusive t-shirt. The ONLY way to get the laminate and t-shirt is through this bundle at the band's merch booth on tour! The laminates will include unique pre-order codes to enter on-line to have the album shipped right to the buyer's door upon release of the album! Complete redemption instructions will be printed on the laminate. "Constricting Rage Of The Merciless" was recorded with producer Erik Rutan at Mana Recording Studios in St. Petersburg, Florida. This is GOATWHORE's fourth studio outing with Rutan at the helm, and to achieve an even more dark and powerful tone on this album, all drums, bass, and rhythm guitars were tracked to two-inch tape! Erik Rutan commented on the recording sessions: "Working with GOATWHORE again for our fourth album together was amazing! It is through our experience and established trust and bond in the studio that allowed us to push each other to the limits, only to achieve the best performances and tones we could. "This album came out so dynamic and huge, partly due to the fact that we recorded drums, bass, and main rhythm guitars to analog tape. "GOATWHORE has a massive sound and we all felt recording to analog would be the best way to capture it, giving it a very unique quality and feel, built off of integrity and vibe. "This is our finest moment working together and the guys did an incredible job creating and performing all the songs on this record. "GOATWHOREfans, be prepared!"
"Constricting Rage Of The Merciless" track listing:
01. Poisonous Existence In Reawakening
02. Unraveling Paradise
03. Baring Teeth For Revolt
04. Reanimated Sacrifice
05. Heaven's Crumbling Walls Of Pity
06. Cold Earth Consumed In Dying Flesh
08. Nocturnal Conjuration Of The Accursed
10. Externalize This Hidden Savagery
In other news, GOATWHORE's "A Haunting Curse" and "Carving Out The Eyes Of God" are being pressed on vinyl for the first time ever! "A Haunting Curse" has been printed in a double gatefold sleeve on clear gold vinyl. "Carving Out The Eyes Of God" is in a gatefold sleeve on clear vinyl. Both are available for pre-order at indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords and will be officially released on April 1. Fans will be able to purchase copies at the band's merch booth throughout the "Metal Alliance" tour. GOATWHORE will be on tour as part of "Metal Alliance" tour 2014 beginning next month. They will be supporting headliners BEHEMOTH, along with 1349, INQUISITION and BLACK CROWN INITIATE. The "Metal Alliance" tour will begin April 4 in Tempe, Arizona and run through May 3.
- Blabbermouth reports Sweden's d-beat crust purveyors MARTYRDÖD have entered Studio Fredman (AT THE GATES, AMON AMARTH, OPETH) to record their fifth full-length, entitled "Elddop". The follow-up to 2012's "Paranoia" will, as with its predecessor, be released via Southern Lord. Additional details on "Elddop" will be announced upon the completion of the recording sessions in the coming weeks. In other news, MARTYRDÖD has been invited to provide support for CONVERGE's recently announced European tour this August, also joined by OKKULTOKRATI. Stand by for additional live and tour actions to be confirmed in the months ahead. Made up of some of crust's top combatants, including members of ACURSED, AGRIMONIA, MIASMAL, SKITSYSTEM and others, MARTYRDÖD fuses black metal influences into their crust punk style. They create a sense of unfathomable darkness to staggering effect through their game-changing albums; the debut, "In Extremis", and the aforementioned "Paranoia", which saw them expand their sound with more dynamic leads, empowering dis-harmonies and tension-filled buildups than ever before. Through heavy touring and an unstoppable live show the band has amassed a diehard fanbase in the underground, which will only continue to expand through the upcoming release of "Elddop"
- Loudwire reports Philip Anselmo talks past drug use and Pantera’s "Hard Lines, Sunken Cheeks"
- Loudwire posts Adelitas Way studio update
- Loudwire posts Shattered Sun, "Hope Within Hatred" – Exclusive Song Premiere Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire reports Whitechapel hold vocal cover competition for new single "Mono" Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire reports Avenged Sevenfold’s M. Shadows talks "Hail to the King," music industry, golfing and more Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire reports Philip Anselmo tears down religion recalling Pantera’s "Slaughtered"
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Graeme Edge of the Moody Blues on their "Return To The Isle Of Wight" and dealing with "nutty" fans
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Ringo Starr, Joe Walsh, Warren Haynes guest on new Kenny Wayne Shepherd album
- Ultimate Classic Rock posts Elton John, "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" (40th Anniversary Edition) – Album Review Check out an interview at NME
- Diffuser posts 10 female artists who are more badass than you’ll ever be
- Classic Rock reports The Answer, Graveltones, Bernie Marsden, Buffalo Summer and more with Black Star Riders and Europe will play exclusive headline sets at this year’s Steelhouse festival in Ebbw Vale, Wales on the weekend of July 19 and 20.
- Classic Rock reports DNA detectives suggest Elvis Presley wasn’t killed by unhealthy lifestyle – but had a lifelong genetic illness instead Read more at NME
- Classic Rock reports Walter Trout has confirmed the release of new album The Blues Came Callin’ will go ahead despite his recent liver failure
- Billboard posts top 50 single word songs: One-Word Wonders
- Billboard reports Moby, David Lynch to be featured at IMS Engage
- Billboard reports Foster The People on following up a breakthrough: '" Was at War with Myself"
- NME reports Julian Casablancas and The Voidz unveil new music in video interview
- NME reports Kaiser Chiefs reveal plans for unofficial World Cup anthem
- NME reports Pixies to headline at the Eden Sessions
- NME reports Florence Welch makes surprise cameo appearance in London theatre production "The Drowned Man"
- NME reports Broken Bells fund project to protect the earth from asteroids
- NME reports metal covers album of Florence + The Machine songs set for release
- NME reports Julian Casablancas: "Lou Reed is on the Mount Rushmore of rad dudes"
- NME reports Beady Eye perform "Champagne Supernova" live in Japan
- Blabbermouth posts video of Eluveitie checking in from the studio
- Blabbermouth posts new music from Akani (featuring At The Gates, Merauder, Entombed and Ex-Soilwork members) , "Slither" from their four-song seven-inch single entitled "Santa Muerte" out in May through Demons Run Amok Records and Autopsy, "The Howling Dead" from Tourniquets, Hacksaws And Graves out April 29 via Peaceville Records
- Blabbermouth posts ne music videos from Great White, "Complicated" from 2012 album Elation (Read more at Classic Rock), Winger, "Midnight Driver On A Love Machine" from Better Days Comin' out on April 22 via Frontiers Records (Read more at Classic Rock), Devil You Know, (featuring ex-Killswitch Engage singer Howard Jones) "Seven Years Alone" from The Beauty of Destruction out April 29 via Nuclear Blast Entertainment, and For Today, "Break The Cyle"
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with legendary Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler, Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott, Lita Ford on bonding with Ronnie James Dio, drummer Mike Mangini of progressive metal giants Dream Theater, Steel Panther, Crosses and Deftones frontman Chino Moreno, Blazy Bayley, Mark Slaughter, vocalist Jesse Leach of Massachusetts metallers Killswitch Engage, Max Cavalera, Soilwork, drummer Blake Richardson of the Raleigh, North Carolina-based progressive rock/cutting-edge metal band Between The Buried And Me and Hirax singer Katon W. De Pena
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of Manowar in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video