Linkin Park "leaked" its new single, called "Guilty All The Same," through the Shazam mobile music search app on Thursday (March 6th). The track is taken from the band's sixth studio album, titled The Hunting Party, which will arrive in mid-June. The song features rapper Rakim and also includes something that singer Chester Bennington admitted we didn't hear much of on the last two Linkin Park records -- guitars: "The guitars are back for sure. We challenged ourselves to get that 16, 17-year-old kid that was like so excited about what was going on in rock music -- we wanted that kid to be excited again. And that was something that we feel, right now, I mean, with all the great music that's out right now, there seems to be this vacancy for that kind of music -- really aggressive, really energetic music that just kind of doesn't exist right now."
- The Hunting Party follows up 2012's Living Things and is the first Linkin Park album self-produced by the group..
- Linkin Park announced earlier this week that it will head out on a co-headlining North American tour with 30 Seconds To Mars dubbed the Carnivores Tour. Joining Linkin Park and 30 Seconds To Mars on the tour will be AFI.
- The road trip kicks off on August 8th in West Palm Beach, Florida, with dates booked through September 19th in Concord, California. More shows may be added later.
SIDE NOTE: Rapper Rakim's verses will be edited out of "Guilty All The Same" in a version prepared for rock radio stations.
CHECK IT OUT: Buy "Guilty All The Same" now on iTunes.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Are you pleased to hear that the "guitars are back" on Linkin Park's new song and album?
- Which version of the new single do you want to hear -- with Rakim or without?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Loudwire -- agree or not?
Kirley Silva wrote: "it is amaaaazing!!!!"
Christopher Gauger wrote: "Wow, I'm impressed! Linkin Park have returned to a guitar-driven sound, while throwing some new things in the mix as well. The vocals could be a little better, but the song is still awesome and kind of epic. This gives me hope for the new album."
Tirthanu Ghosh wrote: "Sounds so Meteora like... Will be looking forward for more!"
Elijah Stimson wrote: "So, they're back...the REAL linkin park, not the techno garbage they put out the past three albums."
Chester Bennington On Linkin Park's New Single
Read more at Loudwire
Check out an interview on the tour at Loudwire