Nirvana can add yet another accolade to their list of accomplishments. Loudwire has reported that the town of Hoquiam, Washington will declare April 10, 2014 as Nirvana Day. According to a Washington radio station, Hoquiam's mayor, Jack Durney spoke on the lengendary rock group, saying, "They bring great honor, I think as I say, to our entire community. And I think that it’s good Kurt Cobain lived in Hoquiam for a little while, but he and Krist Novoselic are part of our community, and I think it’s good to honor our sons and their great accomplishments."
As previously reported, the band will also be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Nirvana will be honored alongside KISS, Peter Gabriel, Cat Stevens and several others.
- The Rock Hall induction ceremony will take place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y. on April 10th -- the same day Nirvana is set to receive their day in Hoquiam.
- Both events will take place five days following the 20th anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Do you think it's necessary for Nirvana to attend both events?
- Would you be offended if you gave such an honor, but the honorees were not present to accept the honor?
- What city would you like to receive a day in?
Read more at Blabbermouth, Loudwire, Rolling Stone, Billboard and NME
Loudwire reports Nirvana’s Kurt Cobain visited GG Allin in prison