Avenged Sevenfold is getting ready to release both an animated series and a mobile game based around the band's recently issued sixth album, Hail To The King. The series will consist of six episodes and will be available on Machimina's HappyHour channel on YouTube starting December 15th. The series will serve as a prologue and back story for the group's mobile game, Hail To The King: Deathbat, with singer M. Shadows saying, “We felt this was the best way to tell the story and give you all an idea about the type of game we are creating."
- The Hail To The King series was directed by Jon Schnepp, producer of the Adult Swim animated show Metalocalypse.
- Both the series and game tell the story of Avenged Sevenfold's fictional mascot, the Deathbat.
- The game will debut sometime in early 2014. Shadows said about it, "We wanted to bring the story of the Deathbat to life and allow you to control its destiny. While the game stands on its own in terms of the story and game play, we still wanted to add in some extras for our fans."
- The band recorded seven brand new songs for the game, which will also include 16 pieces of never-before-seen artwork from all the group's albums that players can unlock.
- Hail To The King sold 159,000 copies in its first week of release, giving the California band their second straight chart-topper after 2010's Nightmare.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the trailer for the Hail To The King animated series:
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire
Blabbermouth reports Avenged Sevenfold bassist: Being Compared To Metallica Is "A Pretty Damn Good Compliment"