Subscribe to channel
- Linkin Park's Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda joined producer and DJ Steve Aoki on last Tuesday's (November 26th) edition of ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live for a rendition of their collaborative song "A Light That Never Comes." It was not only the first time the song had been performed on national TV but also Aoki's national TV debut. Aoki also recently partnered with Linkin Park's Music For Relief organization to help victims of the recent Typhoon Haiyan by pledging to match up to $36,000 in donations -- $1,000 for every year he’s been alive.
- Chris Cornell was unable to perform his scheduled solo acoustic show last Wednesday (November 27th) in Wilmington, Delaware due to a severe shoulder strain sustained earlier that day. Doctors had advised that he rest the shoulder. Cornell plans to reschedule the date as soon as possible and honor all tickets. Cornell's current "Songbook" shows highlight tunes from throughout his career, including his solo albums plus his work with Soundgarden and Audioslave. (Blabbermouth)
- Fresh off their performance on a float at last Thursday's (November 28th) Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Fall Out Boy have confirmed that they will perform on this year's Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve With Ryan Seacrest, along with Robin Thicke, Jennifer Hudson, Jason Derulo and Enrique Iglesias. The annual event will air Tuesday, December 31st, at 10:00 p.m. ET on ABC. (AltPress.com) Read more at Billboard
- A new documentary starring Christian rockers Switchfoot, titled Fading West, will arrive on iTunes on December 10th. The film chronicles the band's visits to famous surfing locations in New Zealand, Indonesia and South Africa while touring in 2012. The movie shares its title with the band's ninth studio album, which is due out on January 14th and follows up 2011's Vice Verses. (Billboard)
CHECK IT OUT: Join Steve Aoki's fundraising efforts at http://bitly.com/AokiPhilippinesRelief
Watch Linkin Park's Chester Bennington and Mike Shinoda perform "A Light That Never Comes" with Steve Aoki on Jimmy Kimmel Live:
Watch the music video for Switchfoot's new single, "Who We Are":
- Sharon Osbourne revealed on BBC's Graham Norton Show that she has undergone a surgery to tighten up her vagina. The told the host it was the worst procedure she has gone through and that the pain was "just excruciating. The episode will air on December 7th.
- Blabbermouth reports BLACK LABEL SOCIETY has amicably parted ways with longtime guitarist Nick Catanese. The remaining members of band, who "wish [Nick] the very best in his future musical endeavors," added in a statement that a replacement axeman will be announced soon. Zakk Wylde and the rest of BLACK LABEL SOCIETY are holed up in Wylde's personal recording studio working on their much-anticipated new album for a tentative April 2014 release via eOne Music. Wylde joked in a recent interview that the forthcoming CD will be "all completely the same as the last nine records, except just different songtitles." BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's new live DVD, Blu-ray, and Digital Video, "Unblackened", was released on September 24 by Eagle Rock Entertainment. Wylde's label home, eOne Music, also released the audio version of the "Unblackened" DVD under the same name. The double disc release has six additional tracks not found on the DVD, including two acoustic versions of "Queen Of Sorrow" and "Won't Find It Here", and covers of LEON RUSSELL's "Song For You" and BILL WITHERS' "Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone". BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's "The Song Remains Not The Same" sold around 12,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 41 on The Billboard 200 chart. Released on May 10, 2011 via Entertainment One Music, the offering featured unplugged versions of material from BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's latest album, "Order Of The Black", as well as additional material recorded during the "Order Of The Black" sessions."The Song Remains Not The Same" was conceived, created and compiled by Wyldehimself and the title is, of course, a nod to one of Wylde's favorite bands, LED ZEPPELIN. "Order Of The Black" was released in North America in August 2010 via E1 Music. The CD featured four unique covers designed by Zakk Wylde himself — one for each territory: North America, Europe, Asia and Australia/New Zealand. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports EXTREME guitarist Nuno Bettencourt will perform the band's hit song "More Than Words" with contestants Cole, Will and James on NBC's hit reality singing competition"The Voice" on Tuesday, December 3. Nuno is best known for his work in the rock band EXTREME, which was nominated for aGrammy for its Billboard chart-topping hit "More Than Words". Nuno has worked on many projects including, multiple solo albums, film scores and has also worked with notable artists such as Janet Jackson, Perry Farrell, Robert Palmer and many others. In 2010, Nuno joined Grammy Award-winning R&B artist Rihanna and became her tour lead guitarist. "After EXTREME's early success, I got asked all the time to be on pop tours by people likeJanet Jackson and others, but I always turned them down," Bettencourt told the Boston Herald. "After I got off the road in 2008, Rihanna's music director Tony Bruno called me, saying, 'I know what you're going to say, but hear me out.' "I said to Tony, 'But there’s no guitar in Rihanna's songs,'" Bettencourt added. "He told me that's why they wanted me."
- Blabbermouth reports KING'S X frontman Doug "Dug" Pinnick had to be rushed to the hospital on November 23 after the band's show in North Carolina and may require further surgery and recovery from his hernia. As a result, the group was unable to play the concert on November 24 in Springfield, Virginia. In a new posting on his Facebook page, Pinnick writes: "[The doctor] says I have to go to an infection specialist to address a lymph node problem. There will be a series of tests over several weeks. He suggests that if I sing and play bass that I sit down while doing it. So I'm heading back to L.A. to take care of it. And to get on with my life." Pinnick previously said that the pain he felt during the Charlotte concert "was so bad I went into shock so they rushed me to the ER. We barely finished the show, but it was an awesome crowd and we had fun." He added that "the doctor said it could be life-threatening if I don't get this taken care of." Pinnick underwent hernia surgery on July 3 after avoidning it due to the fact that he didn't have health insurance. He had toured, recorded and rehearsed regardless of his painful condition. A GiveForward campaign to help raise funds for Pinnick's surgery was launched this past spring and it raised more than $26,000 from 599 donations. Pinnick released his new solo album, "Naked", on May 7 via RockArmy Records. The CD is described in a press release as "deeply personal and overflowing with [Pinnick's] unmistakable tone, groove, and heart-wrenching vocals. PEARL JAM's Jeff Ament said that 'heavy music didn't start in Seattle, it started in Katy, Texas with KING'S X' and 'Naked' is proof that Pinnick remains at the top of his game."
- Blabbermouth reports guitarist John Norum of Swedish hard rockers EUROPE will release his very first instructional DVD in the months to come. It will be sold exclusively through Norum's official web site. In a 2010 interview, Norum stated about how he came to be such a well-respected musician: "I think you're born to do it. I've always believed that. You can't force it. Technically, you can be great and learn every scale in the book. Some people can play all night, but still not have heart and soul in their playing." He continued: "It might sound a little bit harsh for me to say this, but it runs so far back in my family. My mom was playing guitar, my uncles all play, all my cousins are in bands — it goes way back. I think I just have it in my genes. It's just something that happens when I play. I start sweating like crazy and I can feel every note through my body. It's just a feel thing. Some people put on funny faces for posing or whatever but when I do it, I can't help it, it just happens by itself… When I go into a solo, I'm gone, away in a different dimension, a different place. It's a wonderful feeling. I'm not thinking that I have to move more, or pose more. [laughs] I leave that to the singer. The most important thing to me is to focus on the guitar playing. "I'm not Angus Young — sometimes I'm stuck in one place — but I enjoy it more than the posing. I'm a goner when I go into lead break. [laughs]" EUROPE's 30th-anniversary performance at this year's edition of the Sweden Rock Festival in Sölvesborg, Sweden was the band's only Swedish concert of 2013 and the stage show was one of the greatest, if not the greatest of the band's entire career. The setlist was specially composed from EUROPE's entire nine-album discography, including their cult debut "Europe" (1983), multi-million-seller "The Final Countdown" (1986) and their most recent outing, "Bag Of Bones" (2012), which has now reached gold status in Sweden. The performance was also professionally filmed and recorded for release on double CD, DVD and Blu-ray, and was made available on October 16 in Scandinavia via Gain, in the rest of Europe through Edel, and in Japan via JVC.
- Blabbermouth reports Italian female-fronted symphonic metallers EVENOIRE have entered Dreamsound Studiosin Munich, Germany, to record the follow-up to their critically acclaimed debut album,"Vitriol". Mario Lochert, Dejan Djukovic and Daniel Rehbein (EMERGENCY GATE,GRAVEWORM, VISIONS OF ATLANTIS) will sit behind the consolle while mixing and mastering duties will be handled by Jan Vacik (SERENITY, VISIONS OF ATLANTIS,GRAVEWORM, DREAMSCAPE). Formed in 2007, EVENOIRE combines a wide range of influences, from gothic to symphonic metal with a very distinctive medieval/folk approach, which has attracted overwhelming response worldwide. A special mention goes to extraordinary lead vocalist Lisy Stefanoni, whose ethereal and powerful voice adds an extra dimension to the melodies and makes her one of the most promising female singers around.
- Blabbermouth reports on October 22, AndrewHaug.com, Australia's first-ever dedicated 24/7 rock and metal online radio station launched by Andrew Haug, the former host of Triple J Australia's "The Racket" radio show (originally "Full Metal Racket"; 2001-2011), conducted an interview with guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski of Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH. You can now listen to the chat in the YouTube clip below. Speaking about MORBID ANGEL's controversial "Illud Divinum Insanus" album and whether fans can expect BEHEMOTH to take musical chances on their forthcoming tenth full-length CD, "The Satanist", Darski said: "Well, if you're asking my opinion, I can tell you that I have all my respect for MORBID ANGEL and David [Vincent, MORBID ANGELfrontman] is one of the smartest dudes and most intelligent dudes in the genre, that's for sure. And I really respect them for having the balls to explore territories that no other band would really do… But if you ask… "Well, whatever you do, please do it with a good style and with a good taste. So I think that some of the stuff that they did wasn't really good taste, at least in my opinion. I mean, some of the stuff just sounded like a MINISTRY wannabe, but the samples, they sounded like some demo from a garage industrial band. It was lacking quality, in my opinion. The death metal songs were OK, and the industrial/techno stuff, it was very average. It was special for MORBID ANGEL to use it, that feel, but there was no quality there. I mean, not so much. "So if there are people that are concerned about BEHEMOTH being adventurous, please try to be patient. We're not doing anything like that. It's all metal, what we do. We're probably creating more with [influences from] some blues and some hard rock classics on this new record, but in a very sinister way, so to say. I mean, BEHEMOTH, we're more organic and more human, I would say. The album is less processed. "I played this record ['The Satanist'] to some people, some friends of mine, and they told me it sounds like the band would be in the same room performing for them, which is one of the biggest compliments I can think of." BEHEMOTH's new song, "Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel", will be released as a digital single and limited-edition 12-inch EP on December 4 via Behemoth/New Aeon Musick in Europe. The gatefold EP will be limited to 2,000 copies (1,000 on white and 1,000 on black 180-gram vinyl), all of which will be hand numbered and signed by the BEHEMOTH bandmembers. In addition to the title track, the single will include two more compositions that will not appear on BEHEMOTH's tenth full-length album, "The Satanist": "If I Were Cain" and a cover of"Ludzie Wschodu" from the influential 1980s Polish punk rock band SIEKIERA. The music video for "Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel", which was described by BEHEMOTHfrontman Adam "Nergal" Darski as "killer" and "a monster," was directed by Polish producers Grupa 13, with whom BEHEMOTH previously collaborated on the clips for "At The Left Hand Ov God" and "Ov Fire And The Void".
"Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel" single release dates:
Dec. 4: U.S.
Dec. 8: U.K.
Dec. 6: Rest Of Europe
"The Satanist" is due on February 7 in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy; February 3 in the rest of Europe; and February 4 in North America via Nuclear Blast (Europe) andMetal Blade (North America). The CD was recorded at Hertz studio in Bialystok, Poland with the help of the Wieslawscy brothers (Wojtek and Slawek) and Daniel Bergstrand(MESHUGGAH, IN FLAMES, SOILWORK, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD). Other songtitles set to appear on the effort include "Messe Noir" (French for "The Black Mass") and "Ora Pro Nobis, Lucifer" (Latin for "Pray For Us, Lucifer"). The effort was mixed by Matt Hyde(SLAYER, HATEBREED, CHILDREN OF BODOM) and was mastered by Ted Jensen(METALLICA, AC/DC) at Sterling Sound in New York City.
- Blabbermouth reports "Clandestine", the crushing second album from Swedish death metal legends ENTOMBED, is available now on Full Dynamic Range vinyl LP including an embossed sleeve. Originally released in 1991, "Clandestine" has been specially remastered from the original tapes in Full Dynamic Range (FDR) audio, allowing the music's nuances to shine through and giving the album a more ferocious, immersive and dynamic sound than ever before.
The limited-edition "Clandestine" Full Dynamic Range vinyl is available now in the following quantities and colors:
* 100 - Blessed Be White (sold out)
* 200 - Burnt Orange
* 300 - Swedish Split (sold out)
* 400 - Sinner's Blood
* 900 - Black
Get the "Clandestine" Full Dynamic Range vinyl with embossed sleeve now from theEarache webstore in Europe or in North America.
- Blabbermouth reports underground death metal veterabs ACHERON have completed work on their new album,"Kult Des Hasses"; their first for Listenable Records. Vocalist/bassist Vincent Crowleyhas been joined on the CD by longtime drummer Kyle Severn and guitarist Art Taylor. Also appearing on the recording as a guest second lead guitarist is Ricktor Ravensbruck from the bands WOLFPACK 44, ELECTRIC HELLFIRE CLUB and WOLFEN SOCIETY. "Kult Des Hasses" was recorded in Cleveland, Ohio at Bad Back Studios and mixed and mastered by Dan Swanö of Unisound. Guest vocalists on the album include Kam Lee (ex-MASSACRE, THE GROTESQUERY, BONE GNAWER), Jim Lippucci (SOULLESS), John McEntee (INCANTATION, FUNERUS), Jill McEntee (FUNERUS), Ash Thomas (ESTUARY,FAITHXTRACTOR) and Zdenka Prado (ESTUARY). Regarding the album, Crowley said: "Even though this album ended up taking much longer than we thought to get done, it ended up being something that the whole band is very proud of releasing. "We had a very specific idea for this release and I really think we hit the nail on the head. "ACHERON wanted to get a true late '80s/early '90s sound on this album and stay clear of the overproduced metal approaches of today. The songwriting is very catchy, the bass and drums are pounding and there is tons of shredding guitar solos all over the album. I know ACHERON fans old and new will really enjoy this musical assault." The lyrics on "Kult Des Hasses" stay true to ACHERON's dark appeal, as the following song-by-song description, provided by Crowley, shows: "'Jesus Wept (Again And Again)'is about twisted visions of torturing Christ within nightly dream states. 'Raptured To Divine Perversion' is a story of ritualistic sexual debauchery. 'Daemonum Lux' pays homage to the infamous encounter Aleister Crowley had with the demonic entity known asChoronzon. 'Thy Father Suicide' is a tempting tale of how the reaper lures the weak into taking their own lives. 'Satan Holds Dominion' is a powerful anthem of Satanic reign.'Whores And Harlots' pays tribute to the ladies of the evening, or as ACHERON would say the 'Daughters Of Lilth'. 'Misanthropic Race' is an interesting song taking us to a time when man evolves into a world of anarchy and chaos. 'Asphyxiation (Hands of God)'reflects the highly anti-religious views this band believes in. 'Concubina Do Diabo' can actually be taken as sort of a twisted love song about the Devil and his earthly concubine. And last, but not least, 'Devil's Black Blood' is dedicated to all the ACHERON fans worldwide. (The band usually toasts its crowd with Jägermeister at the end of their shows, which they have nicknamed Devil's Black Blood.)
The cover art for "Kult Des Hasses" was created by German artist Timo Wuerz.
"Kult Des Hasses" track listing:
01. Daemonum Lux
02. Satan Holds Dominion
03. Raptured to Divine Perversion
04. Jesus Wept (Again and Again)
05. Thy Father Suicide
06. Misanthropic Race
07. Whores And Harlots
08. Asphyxiation (Hands of God)
09. Concubina Do Diabo
10. Devil's Black Blood
- Loudwire posts the 10 Best Rock Songs of 2013
- Loudwire reports Deicide's Glen Benton talks "In The Minds Of Evil", Public Perception and more
- Loudwire reports Halestorm heats up fans in chilly New York City with help from Redlight King and Stars In Stereo
- Loudwire posts Escape The Dead: Craig Mabbitt's "Walking Dead" recap - Season 4, Episode 8
- Loudwire reports Fleshgod Apocalypse release signature pasta
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Elton John pokes fun at record-labe "A-Holes" NME reports Elton John Russia gig reportedly "on verge of collapse" over gay propaganda laws
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Frank Zappa and the Mothers Of Invention release "Cruising With Ruben & The Jets" 45 years ago
- Rock it Out! Blog reports watch the video and hear Mogwai’s New Song “The Lord is Out of Control”
- Classic Rock reports hear latest Neil Young archives performance series "Live At Cellar Door" album, recorded in 1970, a week ahead of release Read more at Rolling Stone
- Classic Rock posts to coincide with Scorpions’ new MTV Unplugged release today (December 2), the band have leaked footage of new song "Dancing With The Moonlight" from the performance
- Noisecreep posts video of Hey! Do you want to learn how to play Death Metal!?
- Rolling Stone reports Josh Homme jams with Reggie Watts on "Taxidermy Love"
- Billboard reports Chart Highlights: Imagine Dragons, Eminem, Rihanna, Ricky Martin score new No. 1
- Billboard reports Beck reveals "Morning Phase" tracklist
- NME reports The Killers to perform during "The X Factor" final
- NME reports Pixies to play Primavera Sound 2014
- NME reports Death From Above 1979 put out Christmas jumper
- NME reports Band Of Skulls reveal tracklisting for new album "Himalayan" Diffuser reports Band of Skulls unveil their performance-based video for "Asleep at the Wheel"
- NME reports Arctic Monkeys, Download, Rudimental amongst winners at UK Festival Awards
- Blabbermouth posts the video recap of of Guitar Center RockWalk induction of Korn
- Blabbermouth posts video of Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson quizzed about Eclipse 550 twin-engine business jet
- Blabbermouth posts a new photo of Lacuna Coil singer Cristina Scabbia's "I'm No Saint" ring
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Alter Bridge uitarist Mark Tremonti, Megadeth mainman Dave Mustaine on "Super Colider", German guitar legend Michael Schenker, Slayer bassist/vocalist Tom Araya kid interview, guitarist Jeff Kendrick of Devildriver, 25 Questions with Killswitch Engage, Black Veil Brides frontman Andy Biersack, All That Remains guitarist Oli Herbert, Ghost, former The Gathering singer Anneke Van Giersbergen, Overkill vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth, Death Angel guitarist Ted Aguilar, vocalist Kjetil Nordhus of Norwegian/Italian metallers Tristania, Stratovarius bassist Lauri Porra, Gojira guitarist/vocalist Joseph Duplantier, Kreator guitarist/vocalist Miland "Mille" Petrozza and Carcass bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of Black Sabbath in Dortmund, Germany, Fozzy in San Francisco and Kamelot in Stockholm, Sweden
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video