Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports "Kiss In Sweden 1976-2013", a book about all the times KISS visited Sweden filled with exciting stories, interesting facts and almost 1000 pictures, is available for order at www.kissisverige.com. The authors — Johan Falk and Roney Lundell — have one thing in common: their passionate interest in the rock group KISS, and they hope and trust that fans will feel this passion and feel their heart rate increase when they have the book in their hands and open it for the first time. Comment the authors: "Our story begins when KISS lands at Torslanda Airport just outside of Gothenburg around 4 p.m. on the 25th of May 1976. They arrive by plane unmasked and a Swedish photographer takes a few shots as KISS are about to embark on their first tour in Sweden, a tour which has generated scandalous headlines in the media long before the plane even landed. KISS will come back to visit Sweden again in 1980, 1983, 1984, 1988, 1996, 1997, 1999, 2008, 2010 and 2013 and the band or parts thereof have made promotional visits here in 1982, 1985, 1987, 1992 and 1994. The story of KISS in Sweden ends as Gene [Simmons] and Paul [Stanley] board an aircraft taking off from Kristianstad Airport in Everöd at 4 p.m. on the 8th of June 2013, bound for Norway. "The goal with the book has from the very start been to document all of KISS' visits to our country as thoroughly as possible. We searched far and wide for all the cool pictures that were forgotten or ended up gathering dust in an attic somewhere. We talked to those who met the band, privately or professionally, and we spared no dime uncovering the facts and unknown stories which has until now remained undocumented. We set out to do a book that we ourselves would like to read and we think we have succeeded. We are sure that all KISS fans will enjoy our book! "The book has 336 pages and weighs in at 1.7 kg. It is filled with almost 1000 pictures (over 600 photos and most of them have never been published before)."
- Blabbermouth reports according to The Guardian, Iron Maiden LLP, the holding company of British heavy metal legends IRON MAIDEN, has been cited as one of the U.K.'s fastest-growing music firms. The company, which is estimated to be earning beween £10 million and £20 milllion a year, has made London Stock Exchange's "1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain" list. Greg Mead, CEO and co-founder of Musicmetric, said: "IRON MAIDEN's BitTorrent data suggests Brazil is a huge driver of fans — and given Brazil is one of the biggest file-sharing nations on the planet, this is a strong indicator of popularity. "With their constant touring, [the] report suggests MAIDEN have been rather successful in turning free file-sharing into fee-paying fans. This is clear proof that taking a global approach to live touring can pay off, and that having the data to track where your fan bases lie will become ever more vital." IRON MAIDEN in August landed at position No. 1 on Billboard.com's "Hot Tours" list of top-grossing tours with $8.5 million in ticket sales from six performances on their summer tour of Europe. The shows were attended by a total of 121,280 fans, including a two-night, sold-out stand on August 3-4 at the O2 Arena in Lonon, England, where the band played to 27,000 fans. With totals added from this past summer's Europe dates, overall ticket sales from the tour topped $42 million from 45 reported concerts. MAIDEN's 15th studio CD, "The Final Frontier", sold 63,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 4. IRON MAIDEN's previous album, 2006's "A Matter Of Life And Death", opened with 56,000 units to land at No. 9. This was a notable increase from the 40,000 first-week tally registered by its predecessor, 2003's "Dance of Death" (which debuted at No. 18 on The Billboard 200 chart), and that of "Brave New World", which moved 38,000 copies in June 2000 to land at No. 39 on The Billboard 200 chart. "The Final Frontier" was IRON MAIDEN's fourth U.K. No. 1 album. The band previously topped the chart in 1982 with "The Number of the Beast", in 1988 with "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son" and in 1992 with "Fear of the Dark". Read more at Classic Rock and NME
- Blabbermouth reports while in the studio for a taping of "George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight", the Canadian television talk show broadcast on CBC television and hosted by George Stroumboulopoulos, FOZZY singer and WWE wrestling superstar Chris Jericho talked about some of the web sites he likes to visit regularly. "I go to two web sites every day," Jericho said (see video below). "One is Box Office Mojo, 'cause I like seeing how much money movies made over the weekend. Why? I have no idea. And the other one is BLABBERMOUTH.NET, which, surprisingly, is not a gossip web site, it's a heavy metal web site, where all of the news is posted. Why they chose the name BLABBERMOUTH.NET, I'll never know, but damn, it's a fun time." FOZZY recently finished touring North America with SAXON in support of FOZZY's new album, "Sin And Bones", which sold around 3,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 143 on the Billboard 200 chart. The CD landed at position No. 1 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. FOZZY's "Sandpaper" single features guest vocals by M. Shadows of AVENGED SEVENFOLD. Directed by Sean McEwen, the accompanying video is inspired by horror classic "Evil Dead", with Shadows playing the role of FOZZY's evil puppet master.
- Blabbermouth reports CYCLE OF PAIN, the band featuring BLACK LABEL SOCIETY bassist John "J.D." DeServio, has parted ways with Sliptrick Records. As a result, the band's previously announced EP, "Pain Us", which was originally due on November 27, will be made available in early 2014. A single and new video will be released around the holidays.
CYCLE OF PAIN has several shows scheduled for December and January with BLACK WATER RISING, none of which have been cancelled due to the label split.
CYCLE OF PAIN is:
John "J.D." DeServio (Bass) Joe Taylor (Lead Guitar) Gregg Locascio (Vocals, Guitar) Bob Pantella (Drums) Troy Cromwell (Keyboards)
The self-titled CYCLE OF PAIN CD was released in 2009 through Reform Records.
Though rooted in metal, CYCLE OF PAIN's first album delved into elements of funk, hip-hop and soul. The effort featured guest appearances by Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE), Ray Luzier (KORN), Burton C. Bell (FEAR FACTORY) and Russell Allen (SYMPHONY X), among others.
- Blabbermouth reports former NIGHTWISH singer Anette Olzon will release her debut solo album, "Shine", on February 28, 2014 via earMUSIC, the Hamburg, Germany-based international rock label which is part of Edel Group. The CD, which was co-produced by Anette Olzon and Johan Kronlund, is a collaboration with some of the most successful teams in rock and pop in Scandinavia: Stefan Örn (songwriter and producer of the 2011 Eurovision Song Contest-winning track "Running Scared") and Johan Glössner. The album was mixed by Kronlund, Nicklas Flykt and Ronny Lahti (known for his work with Loreen and Roxette). "I am so thrilled to finally release my first solo album," says Olzon. "I've been working on it for a long time by now..."The album is very personal with songs I have started writing already in 2009 but also very recent songs. "The overall message of the album is that life can be really dark and filled with hardship and sadness, but you can always choose to see some light coming through, to make you stronger and full of life — making you SHINE… no matter what." Regarding the CD's musical direction, Anette said: "In the end, it is a rock album. Well, a pop rock album, maybe, or would you call it pop metal?" Olzon in 2011 released two demo tracks that she recorded in 2009 for what was supposed to become her debut solo album. She said at the time, "The songs are not mixed or produced, just recorded in the moment, and therefore are very rough songs. But I still want you to hear them since I am proud of them and I think they show another part of me than you hear in NIGHTWISH." She added, "The first song is called 'Floating' and I call it the 'circus' song. It gives me a happy feeling and the vibe in it is happy and joyful. The second song ['Invincible'] is a song I wrote for my son and therefore it's very special to me." Olzon announced in April 2011 that she decided to push back the tentative release date of her debut solo album to after NIGHTWISH had completed touring in support of its then-yet-to-be-released new studio album, "Imaginarium". Olzon worked on material for her solo CD in 2009 with Swedish producers Stefan Örn and Johan Glössner. The album was slated to be co-produced by Swedish producer/songwriter Anders Bagge, who has previously worked with MADONNA, CELINE DION, JANET JACKSON and JESSICA SIMPSON, among others. He was also one of judges on the Swedish TV talent competition "Idol" and a producer of the TV series "Made in Sweden". Olzon in 2009 hired a personal manager — the Swedish management company Hagenburg Management, which also represents EUROPE and THE CARDIGANS. Olzon abruptly left NIGHTWISH in September 2012 in the middle of the band's North American tour. She has since been replaced by former AFTER FOREVER and current REVAMP singer Floor Jansen.
- Blabbermouth reports German-American hard rock group EZ LIVIN', which is led by BONFIRE guitarist Hans Ziller, returns with former ACCEPT singer David Reece on the mic! Founded in 1991, EZ LIVIN' sold 20,000 copies of its debut album, "After The Fire", in Europe alone. A tour part of the Metal Hammer Roadshow with AXEL RUDI PELL, CASANOVA, CORACKO and DOMAIN followed. Now, in the year 2013, Hans Ziller has called on some new colleagues to get the group going again. The guitarist added some familiar names to the lineup: BONFIRE drummer Harry Reischmann, MOTHER ROAD and ex-SOUL DOCTOR guitarist Chris Lyne, TANGO DOWN and SEVEN WITCHES bassist Ronnie Parks, ex-RAINBOW keyboardist Paul Morris and the aforementioned Reece. EZ LIVIN''s new album, "Firestorm", will be released on February 28, 2014. The CD was produced and mixed by Alessandro Del Vecchio (HARDLINE) and features the band's unique brnad of melodic hard rock with a bluesy touch. EZ LIVIN' is ready to rock the European stages again in April 2014. The band will perform both old and new songs from its own catalogue, but also offer the classic songs from BONFIRE, ACCEPT, RAINBOW and SOUL DOCTOR.
- Blabbermouth reports Finnish composer/producer and guitar player Timo Tolkki entered East Sound Studios in Helsinki, Finland on November 25 to begin recording for the follow-up to TIMO TOLKKI'S AVALON's debut album, "The Land Of New Hope", which entered the Top 100 album charts in seven European countries (including a Top 10 entry in Tolkki's home country Finland). His former STRATOVARIUS bandmate Tuomo Lassila is joining him on drums, and the early STRATOVARIUS lineup reunion will be rounded out by keyboard player Antti Ikonen, who played on such classic albums as "Fright Night", "Twilight Time" and "Dreamspace". Tolkki's sequel to his first metal opera will feature 11 tracks and will be released in 2014 via Frontiers Records. Says Tolkki: "It is incredibly refreshing to create and play new music with his old friends and that the spirit and the atmosphere has been absolutely great and positive!" Fans can follow the progress of the making of the album, including writing and recording sessions and special cameos from the musicians and singers involved, from the new web site at this location. The entire cast of musicians will be revealed one by one in separate video blogs. Fans will be able to interact and take part to different phases of the production through the web site and in the social media pages. The confirmed cast of musicians/singers is once again full of internationally acclaimed artists, with some interesting twists and surprises. It will surely guarantee another masterpiece from one of the forefathers of symphonic melodic power metal. The first singer from the cast is Simone Simons of EPICA. She is one of the leading ladies in the female voices category in the world. However, she is not singing the main role on "Avalon II", which is a working title for the album. The final name will be revealed later. To date, Timo Tolkki has sold over two million records in his career, has won a Finnish Grammy-equivalent and has been chosen by the readers of the American Guitar Worldmagazine to Top 100 as "the fastest guitar player in the world" and "the most influential metal guitar player in the world." He has released 20 albums in his career and toured the world for over 3000 shows in 52 countries.
- Blabbermouth reports I LEGION, the international project led by Frederic Riverin, is back in the studio for its second album. It is the follow-up to "Beyond Darkness", which featured a cast of metal superstars, including Björn "Speed" Strid (SOILWORK), Jon Howard (THREAT SIGNAL), Chris Clancy (MUTINY WITHIN), Andy James (SACRED MOTHER TONGUE), Angel Vivaldi (VEXT), Peter Wichers (ex-SOILWORK), and Brandon Jacobs (MUTINY WITHIN). The effort was met with great reviews and chatter among the metal community. The success of "Beyond Darkness" has allowed Riverin to create the sophomore I LEGION album with yet another all-star cast, including Strid, Howard, Clancy, Ashe Austin O'Hara (TESSERACT), Bekki Friesen (DOMENICA), and Sabine Scherer (DEADLOCK). Also appearing on the new CD will be Angel Vivaldi, Jake Kiley (STRUNG OUT), Pacal "Paco" Jobin (THE AGONIST), Sebastian Reichl (DEADLOCK), and Nate Rendon. I LEGION has launched a fundraisinging campaign seeking help from fans so they can see this album through its finish and deliver yet another metal masterpiece. Donating fans have multiple options for their generosity, including a song mixed by Chris Clancy, a vocal guest appearance by Jon Howard, and a guitar lesson with Angel Vivaldi.
- Blabbermouth reports Century Media Records has announced the signing of Swedish death metal act VAMPIRE. VAMPIRE was founded in 2011 by Hand Of Doom (vocals), Black String (guitars) and Command (bass). The band’s self-titled debut demo, released in September of the following year in different print runs, had a massive impact on the worldwide underground metal scene. Word-of-mouth promotion as well as excellent reviews gained the band a great reputation as being one of the most promising acts from the Swedish death metal scene. A seven-inch version of the demo tape (including one extra track) was released in January 2013 by To The Death Records and sold out in no time. By now, both the demo and the seven-inch have become highly sought after collector’s items despite their total print run of 1,400 copies. Following the success of the demo and seven-inch, VAMPIRE has built a steady live reputation by supporting some of the most renowned bands in today’s metal scene and by acclaimed performances at the Live Evil and Muskelrock festivals in 2013. VAMPIRE is currently at Svenska Grammofonstudion finishing the recording of the band's self-titled debut album which is scheduled for a late March 2014 release. While VAMPIRE's roots reach deep into metal’s most vicious origins, the eleven raw slices contained on the debut album will immediately catch your attention with their refreshingly morbid approach and should be hailed soon as some of the most poisonous metal of the decade.
- Blabbermouth reports SINBREED, the German power metal band featuring BLIND GUARDIAN guitarist Marcus Siepen and drummer Frederik Ehmke, has inked a deal with AFM Records. SINBREED's sophomore album will be released next year. Comments SINBREED guitarist Flo Laurin: "We are really excited to work with AFM. "Now that we've got the new lineup ready and the new record is in the making, we are looking forward to work with such a strong and experienced partner who is deep-seated in the metal scene. Great things to come." Siepen last year joined SINBREED as a full-time member after previously performing live with the band at a couple of shows, including the ProgPower USA XIII festival in Atlanta, Georgia. Commented SINBREED leader Flo Laurin: "To welcome Marcus as a constant member was a obvious step and it just feels right. I'm really looking forward working with him on new meterial for our second album, coming late 2013." Fan-filmed of SINBREED performing a brand new song, "Reborn", during their ProgPower USA XIII performance can be seen below. SINBREED's debut album, "When Worlds Collide", was released in March 2010 via Ulterium Records. The CD was produced by Flo Laurin, mixed and mastered by Markus Teske (VANDEN PLAS, SYMPHONY X), and it included guest appearances by Joost van den Broek (AFTER FOREVER) and Morten Sandager (MERCENARY) on keyboards, and Thomas Rettke (REDKEY, ex-HEAVEN'S GATE) on vocals. The artwork was created by Felipe Machado Franco (ICED EARTH, AYREON). SINBREED's brand of power metal is described as a "blistering combination of speed, melodic and aggressive arrangements combined with high and soaring vocals."
Herbie Langhans (SEVENTH AVENUE) - Vocals Frederik Ehmke (BLIND GUARDIAN) - Drums Alexander Schulz - Bass Flo Laurin - Guitar, Keyboards Marcus Siepen (BLIND GUARDIAN) - Guitar
For more information, visit www.sinbreed.com.
- Blabbermouth reports HELLSCREAM, the new heavy / power metal musical project featuring guitarist David Garcia (CAGE) and vocalist Norman Skinner (SKINNER, ex-IMAGIKA), has released its debut album, "Made Immortal". Garcia is the founding guitarist of the internationally acclaimed heavy metal band CAGE from San Diego, California, which has released six full-length studio CDs, including "Darker Than Black" and "Hell Destroyer". CAGE has musically reinvented itself with every new release by enhancing its speed, power and adding a thrash metal musical approach, all while maintaining its super-melodic musical song structures and thought-provoking lyrics. Skinner is the dynamic vocalist known for his time as the frontman for IMAGIKA and who is now handling vocal duties for SKINNER, DIRE PERIL and HELLSCREAM. With nine studio CDs, countless shows and tours under his belt, this San Francisco Bay Area metal veteran has established himself as a force to be reckoned with. Dubbed the "metal chameleon" by members of the press, Skinnerpossesses a very wide range and utilizes it in a unique style to effortlessly switch between the beautiful and the brutal.
"Made Immortal" track listing:
02. Mind Reapers
03. Made Immortal
04. Phoenix (We'll Rise)
05. Gorgon Stare
06. The Great Collector
07. Last Charge Of A Bloody Battalion
08. VII (Seven Sins)
09. Act Of God
10. When Forever Ends
11. Worldwide Divide
- Blabbermouth reports U.K. thrash metallers INCINERY have secured the services of British Grammy-nominated record producer Chris Tsangarides (BLACK SABBATH, EXODUS, KING DIAMOND, JUDAS PRIEST, THIN LIZZY) to record their as-yet-untitled debut album at his Ecology Room Studios in Kent. Comments INCINERY bassist David Jordan: "If anyone had said to us when we started out four years ago that Chris Tsangarides would ever be interested in working with us, we probably would have assigned such a statement to the archived box of pipe dreams — so the realization that it's actually going to happen has us stoked! At the same time, though, it comes with its own pressures; we respect Chris and his reputation and therefore, we're super conscious of not wanting to disappoint. "Working with Chris is a priceless opportunity and it's our intention to maximize the whole experience in terms of what we can learn through observation and guidance from Chris at work." David and his INCINERY bandmates James Rawlings (vocals), founder members Chris Kenny and Jason Chaikeawrung (guitars), and Stephen Dudley (drums) played their first overseas gig at the Innocent venue in Hengelo, Netherlands en route to Slovenia's MetalDays in Tomlin where they proudly represented the Bloodstock Open Air festival best of unsinged metal in the Metal 2 The Masses proposition. 2013 also saw INCINERY feature at the Nottingham, and Birmingham finalé of the Headbanger's Balls Tour events in aid of testicular cancer and the Teenage Cancer Trust, Killer Promotions Thrashersaurus II, Heretic Promotions Chaosfest, and Les-Fest Northwest.
- Blabbermouth reports Norwegian metal outfit NOCTURNAL BREED will release its first album in seven years in February 2014. The band is coming back with a punch of epic old-school thrash metal with a blackened rock and roll undercurrent. NOCTURNAL BREED's as-yet-untitled fifth full-length CD will be the follow-up to 2007's "Fields Of Rot", which is available for streaming in its entirety on Bandcamp. Formed in 1996, NOCTURNAL BREED is made up of present and past members of DIMMU BORGIR, SATYRICON, AETERNUS and GEHENNA. The current lineup includes S.A. Destroyer on bass and vocals, Tex Terror on drums, I.Maztor on guitar and the group's latest addition, V.Fineideath on guitar. NOCTURNAL BREED has announced a headlining appearance at Hammerslag Festival in Tonsberg, Norway on February 14, 2014.
- Blabbermouth reports Greek epic metal heroes BATTLEROAR have entered Devasoundz Studio in Athens to begin recording their new album, "Blood Of Legends", for an April 2014 release via Cruz Del Sur Music. The follow-up to 2008's "To Death and Beyond..." is being produced by Thymios Krikos (INNERWISH) along with the band. "Blood Of Legends" will be the first BATTLEROAR album to feature SACRED STEEL vocalist Gerrit Mutz, who joined the group last year. It also marks the recording debuts of bassist Stavros Aivaliotis and guitarist Antreas Sotiropoulos. The song "Poisoned Well", taken from "Blood Of Legends", appears in the Greek fantasy feature film "The Dragonphoenix Chronicles: Indomitable". The instrumental track can be streamed below. "Blood Of Legends"will be released on digipack, limited-edition vinyl and digital formats.
- Loudwire reports Slayer reign supreme in New York City with support from Gojira and 4ARM Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire posts the premiere of "The Adventures of Uncle Colt & Cletus: Hedge-Hoggin"
- Ultimate Classic Rock posts an album review of The Velvet Underground, "White Light / White Heat: 45th Anniversary Deluxe Edition"
- Classic Rock reports Status Quo frontman Francis Rossi admits success can’t help when he’s feeling low
- Noisecreep posts Battle Royale: Stryper spend fourth week At No. 1 on Top 10 Video Countdown
- Noisecreep posts Misheard Lyrics: Slipknot’s "Liberate"
- Rolling Stone reports Throwing Muses' Kristin Hersh on performing: "I Call It Disappearing"
- Billboard reports Hall & Oates plan new music, talk rock hall nomination and legacy
- Billboard posts Ask Billboard: Why Aren't Power Ballads So Powerful Anymore?
- Billboard reports Rock and Roll Hall of Fame displays iconic Elvis Presley items
- NME reports Peter Hook & The Light to perform New Order albums "Low Life" and "Brotherhood' in full
- NME reports watch a documentary about Jack White's Third Man Records
- NME reports Arcade Fire announce second London show after first Earl's Court date sells out
- NME reports Muse, Beady Eye, Foals and more donate to Help 13 auction to raise money for Philippines
- NME reports Alex Turner on The Last Shadow Puppets' future: "It's definitely something that's on the cards"
- NME reports Peaches Geldof apologises for Ian Watkins tweet
- NME reports Pet Shop Boys and more condemn "cultural vandalism" of Earls Court demolition
- Blabbermouth posts video of "Heaviest Metal" and Compressorhead performs Led Zeppelin, Ramones, Heart classics in NYC
- Blabbermouth posts album streams from Afterblood, "Of Unsound Minds"
- Blabbermouth posts new music videos from Crystal Viper, "Prophet Of The End", Royal Hunt, "A Life To Die For" (Lyric Video), Benedictum, "Scream", Avatarium, "Boneflower", Betzefer, "Sledgehammer", Slaughterday, "Morbid Shroud Of Sickness" Kaledon featuring a guest appearance by Italian vocalist Fabio Lione , "A Dark Prison" and Kampfar, "Mylder" (Lyric Video)
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of Motley Crue singer Vince Neil with Sin City Sinners covering "Highway To Hell" by AC/DC, Chuck Billy from Testament performing "Redneck" with Lamb Of God
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Teenage Time K..