The second volume of Five Finger Death Punch's two-record set, The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell, sold 77,000 copies in the U.S. during its first week of release to debut at Number Two on the Billboard album chart last Wednesday (November 27th). The first volume, which came out in July, also debuted in the same position, although it sold a more substantial 113,000 copies.
Now that they've got a double-record set under their belts, we asked Five Finger Death Punch singer Ivan Moody what other goals the band would like to achieve in the future: "We've always said that the sky's the limit. You know, we've talked about doing everything from a movie, like a concept film, to, you know, toys, I mean lunchboxes, which we just came out with -- we've just talked about how to make the band bigger, better. You know, I mean we always really got off on the cool stuff growing up and I think a lot of bands kind of lose sight of that. So we've talked about just trying to do something that we think would be fun or special for our fan base."
- The first single from Volume 2 is "Battle Born," while the set also features a cover of the folk standard "House Of The Rising Sun," made popular by the Animals in 1964.
- Volume 1has sold more than 291,000 copies to date. Five Finger Death Punch's three previous albums have all gone gold for sales of 500,000 copies or more.
- Five Finger Death Punch will next appear on the five-day Shiprocked cruise, scheduled to depart from Miami, Florida on January 26th, 2014. The band may also launch a second edition of its Trespass America festival tour, which premiered two years ago, sometime in 2014.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Are you running out to buy the Five Finger Death Punch lunchbox?
- Do you think bands can take merchandising and "branding" a little too far, like Kiss has done over the years? Do we really need a Five Finger movie or Five Finger toys?
- Did you buy or download Volume 2 last week or was the first album enough for you?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
Jawaka wrote: "I don't even listen to this band but I'm glad to see it do well if for no other reason than to piss off the haters."
Griffin Figueroa wrote: "This is the type of band that a teenager's father listens to so he can look like he's still cool."
Tyler P-v wrote: "This album sold 36,000 less than Vol. 1...obviously some people caught on..."
Jesse Horvath wrote: "great album, better than part 1! i think this album is the superior of the two."
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Five Finger drummer Jeremy Spencer and his drum tech Bobby Watson as characters they invented, Uncle Colt and Cletus, in a teaser for their upcoming comedy short film, The Adventures of Uncle Colt & Cletus: Hedge-Hoggin’:
Ivan Moody On Five Finger Death Punch's Future Goals
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire
Loudwire reports Five Finger Death Punch’s Jeremy Spencer offers trailer for "Uncle Colt & Cletus" web film
Blabbermouth posts an interview with Five Finger Death Punch guitarist Zoltan Bathory on internet haters