Subscribe to channel
Jack White and his record label, Third Man Records, are conducting a food drive for the homeless in Nashville. White is asking fans to donate either a turkey or food items that equal the cost of a turkey in exchange for a free seven-inch vinyl single from the Third Man catalog. The event is called the Great Third Man Turkey Drive and proceeds will go towards the Nashville Rescue Mission, a non-profit organization that offers assistance to the homeless in Music City. Fans can participate now through November 26th, with White hoping to secure 1,000 turkeys for the Nashville Rescue Mission’s annual Thanksgiving dinner. For more information visit http://bit.ly/1hJNsYQ (Gibson) Read more at Rolling Stone, Billboard and NME
- Those grizzled road veterans Kings Of Leon have provided some helpful advice about how to party with fans to pretty boy pop act One Direction. Drummer Nathan Followill offered, "If you're going to have a party in a hotel room, have a box at the door and take the girls' phones -- that's what gets kids into trouble these days. Every phone is a camera." Meanwhile, Kings frontman Caleb Followill told the One Direction crew that they should not try and change, saying, ''Don't try to turn into a rock band or anything. You are already there and have your music and your fans, so don't try to change what you are." (NME)
- There are hints that Strokes frontman Julian Casablancas may have a new album on the way. Casablancas has confirmed solo performances at Lollapalooza's South American festivals, while his website has been updated with clues about a new record possibly titled Voidz. Casablancas released his last solo work, Phrazes For The Young, in 2009, while the Strokes have been inactive since issuing Comedown Machine earlier this year. (FMQB) Read more at NME
- Halestorm singer Lzzy Hale joined Alter Bridge frontman Myles Kennedy onstage in Milano, Italy on November 12th to duet on an acoustic version of the Alter Bridge song "Watch Over You." Halestorm is currently on the road in Europe as support act for Alter Bridge and Shinedown, and will return to the U.S. for a short tour beginning on November 26th in Memphis. (Blabbermouth) Read more at Loudwire
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Lzzy Hale and Myles Kennedy perform together in Italy:
- Blabbermouth reports BLACK SABBATH won three awards at last night's (Thursday, November 14) ninth annual Classic Rock Roll Of Honour at London, England's Roundhouse. They took home "Album Of The Year" for comeback CD "13", "Event Of The Year" for reaching No. 1 after 43 years, and the previously announced "Living Legends" award. Singer Ozzy Osbourne, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler were present at the venue to celebrate what the frontman called a "shock year." Osbourne said: "I never thought I'd be standing here, what, 45 years later? It's an incredible event for us all. We're still in shock. It's been an incredible year, after I spent all those earlier ones trying to kill myself." Iommi added: "Thanks for everything. It's great to see all these old and new faces." Jimmy Page accepted the "Film Of The Year" award for LED ZEPPELIN concert movie "Celebration Day", saying: "It was a great concert and we got the energy into the video — well, the DVD… and the Blu-ray. I'm here on behalf of the band and I thank you on their behalf." Read more at Loudwire, Classic Rock and NME Read more on the awards at Classic Rock Check out at photos at Classic Rock Check out an interview at Blabbermouth
Classic Rock Roll Of Honour winners:
* Best New Band: THE TEMPERANCE MOVEMENT
* Reissue Of The Year: FLEETWOOD MAC - "Rumours" 35th-Anniversary Edition
* Film Of The Year: LED ZEPPELIN - "Celebration Day"
* Album Of The Year: BLACK SABBATH - "13"
* Band Of The Year: THE ROLLING STONES
* Breakthrough: THE VIRGINMARYS
* Spirit Of Prog: Alex Lifeson (RUSH)
* Event Of The Year: BLACK SABBATH hits No. 1 after 43 years
* Innovator: Wilko Johnson
* Musicians' Union Maestro: James Dean Bradfield (MANIC STREET PREACHERS)
* Classic Album: "Blues Breakers With Eric Clapton" by John Mayall
* Showman: THE DARKNESS
* Outstanding Contribution: MOTT THE HOOPLE
* Metal Guru: Zakk Wylde (BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, OZZY OSBOURNE)
* VIP: Shep Gordon
* Tommy Vance Inspiration: Rory Gallagher
* Living Legends: BLACK SABBATH
- Blabbermouth reports original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley has inked a new two-album deal with eOne Music. Frehley has spent the past few days in the studio with drummer Matt Starr (BURNING RAIN) and bassist Chris Wyse (THE CULT, OWL) working on Ace's new CD. An early 2014 release is expected. Frehley's last album, "Anomaly", was made available as a 2-LP vinyl set featuring two new limited-edition colors on October 1 via Brookvale Records. Only 750 units of each color were manufactured. Frehley told Billboard.com in a 2009 interview that he intended "Anomaly" to "kind of pick up where I left off with my first solo album" — 1978's "Ace Frehley". "Prior to going into the studio, I listened to that first album, which everybody cites as their favorite Ace record," Frehley said. "I dissected it and tried to get into the same mind set this time around. I think I recaptured some of the musical textures and attitude and vibe that I had on that first record." "Anomaly" was recorded at Schoolhouse Studios in New York and at Ace's home studio in Westchester, New York.
- Blabbermouth reports a special MEGADETH VIP ring featuring the band's mascot, Vic Rattlehead,will be a part of the special Ultimate VIP package during the group's U.S. tour. The Ultimate VIP Packages for MEGADETH's U.S. tour include a Dave Mustaine Peace Sells VMNT Dean Guitar, concert ticket, meet-and-greet with the band, MEGADETH VIP Ring, signed copy of "Super Collider", VIP laminate, commemorative VIP ticket, priority check-in, pre-show party, prizes and more. MEGADETH's tour with FEAR FACTORY and NONPOINT kicks off on November 23 in St. Paul, Minnesota. For more information, visit Megadeth.com. MEGADETH's latest album, "Super Collider", has sold around 70,000 copies in the United States since its June 4 release. The CD arrived in stores via Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, distributed by Universal Music Enterprises (UMe). In a recent interview with The Rock Pit, Mustaine stated about the current lineup of MEGADETH: "I think if you ask any of us, they will all tell you this is their favorite period and the great thing is with Chris Broderick (guitar) being around for a while it's pretty significant with him. and Shawn Drover (drums) has been around longer — he's seen more — but when we got David Ellefson (bass) coming back in and he's saying this is the best that he's ever seen it and he's the one that's seen some pretty big successes among us in MEGADETH so for him to say that just shows you that things are on the rise for MEGADETH again. I'm totally excited."
- Blabbermouth reports Paul Rodgers, longtime singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist with BAD COMPANY, has partnered with 429 Records and is gearing up for the release of "The Royal Sessions" — a lovingly crafted collection of classic R&B and soul songs re-imagined by the iconic rock singer recorded at Memphis' Royal Studios, historic home of Willie Mitchell and Hi Records, with many of the musicians who played on the original tracks. Truly a lifetime in the making, Rodgers has come full circle with "The Royal Sessions" as he pays homage to the legendary hits he collected on 45s released on Stax/Volt, Goldwax and Hi Records — recordings by Otis Redding, Albert King and Ann Peebles which made such an indelible impression on the young Rodgers inspiring him to pursue a career as a singer. Produced by Perry Margouleff, "The Royal Sessions" is an extraordinary recording which captures the music in its pure form — live band and vocal takes as performed together at Royal Studios by Rodgers and an all-star roster of legendary musicians. The band is a dream lineup of those who played on the original hits dating back to the '60s. The classic rhythm section includes Reverend Charles Hodges (Hammond B3), Michael Tolls (guitar), LeRoy Hodges Jr. (bass), "Hubby" Archie Turner (Wurlitzer), Steve Potts and James Robertson Sr. (drums), The Royal Horns and the Royal Singers. "The Royal Sessions" will be released on 429 Records in the U.S. "The Royal Sessions" is a remarkable project that came together as Rodgers was working on a solo record and producer Margouleff had just discovered that Royal Studios was still up and running under the auspices of Willie "Pops" Mitchell's son Lawrence "Boo" Mitchell. The opportunity to record in such a hallowed place with musicians he considered personal heroes was a dream come true. The Memphis players forged an immediate bond when presented with his formidable talent and sincere love of the songs. Deeply felt, powerfully sung and expertly played, it features a cross-section of material hand-picked by Rodgers, songs of great historical significance and personal meaning. Says Rodgers: "I really felt I had to get deeper inside myself than I ever had in my life. The end result is that recording these songs left me recharged as a singer and also as a songwriter. My favorite part was the love we could feel in the room throughout all the sessions. We all spoke the same language." Says Margouleff: "I wanted to make the most of this incredible opportunity so I recorded Paul and the band live in the studio. We captured the pure energy of their performance. Recording in an all analogue format the sonic quality is unparalleled and the listener can experience the music on a deeper level." All of the proceeds from "The Royal Sessions" will be donated to local Memphis music education programs. Special showcase performances by Paul Rogers with the musicians on "The Royal Sessions"will be announced.
"The Royal Sessions" track listing:
01. Thank You
02. Down Don't Bother Me
03. I Can't Stand The Rain
04. I've Been Loving You Too Long
05. That's How Strong My Love Is
06. Walk On By
07. Any Old Way
08. It's Growing
09. Born Under A Bad Sign
10. Dreams To Remember
"The Royal Sessions" will be released worldwide on the following dates:
Europe: January 27
Canada: January 28
Japan: January 29
United States: February 4
Australia: February 7
- Blabbermouth reports Ben Draiman — younger brother of David Draiman of the famed rock group DISTURBED and a singer in his own right — spoke to Rock Revolt magazine about his decision to release a cover version of the DISTURBED song "Stricken". "The idea [to cover 'Stricken'] first came about when I was discussing successful covers with my friend and producer, Raz Klinghoffer, who had just released a cover of his own with his project EARLYRISE," Ben said. "He had said that some of the best covers are ones that change the song 180 degrees and that if I was going to do a slow cover best to choose a fast-paced song. I honestly didn't think it would work. "'Stricken' has long been one of my favorites — something about the hooks and the lyrics that resonate well with me. In fact, from a lyrical standpoint it was exactly the sort of thing I myself would write so it was very easy to connect to. So that very night I went to the piano and tried it. I play by ear so it didn't take me long to come up with a basic arrangement. It became instantly clear that the lyrics and the melody lent themselves well to a ballad and I was immediately hooked." Asked if his brother David has given him his opinion on the cover, Ben said: "Of course! I sent it to him immediately after we had mastered it and was extremely nervous to hear his response. "I know myself that my art and my music is very sacred and it's not easy to accept a reinterpretation of it. And while I had already done 'Darkness', which was performed in honor of his coming to one of my shows a few years back, that was still much closer to the original than this was. "I still remember when I got the e-mail back from him. I nearly had a heart attack fearing he may not like it and won't want us to release it. But much to my relief he liked it a lot; so once we had his approval, we moved forward. Since then, the other guys from DISTURBED have heard it and expressed how much they liked it as well." Read the entire interview at Rock Revolt magazine. Ben performs as a singer/songwriter in Israel, where he currently lives. For more information, visit www.bendraiman.com.
- Blabbermouth reports Atlanta progressive metallers MASTODON have teamed up with the the London, England-based Signature Brew to create Black Tongue, an 8.3% Double Black IPA named after one of the band's songs. Signature Brew's description: "Rumbling smoky notes are offset by the elixir of misbehaving punchy hops. Mosaic and Magnum hops to the front, with Carafa Special 3 Malt and Pale on the baseline, this is our biggest and most powerful creation to date. The band wanted to create a 'pallet crusher' and that's certainly what has been delivered. A beer for enjoying slowly, letting the bombardment of flavour and intensity hit your tongue and explode with every sip." For more information, go to this location. Launched in August 2011, Signature Brew works with musicians to create custom brews tailored to the artists' specific tastes. According to Bloomberg, the idea behind Signature Brewis simple: Let a band sample a range of beers, write down what its members like and don't like, and then create a brew specifically for them. Read more at Loudwire and NME
- Loudwire reports Lamb of God’s Randy Blythe unknowingly hangs out with "Dexter" star Michael C. Hall
- Loudwire reports Japan’s Dir En Grey bring enigmatic show to NYC
- Loudwire posts kid covers Megadeth’s "Angry Again" on vocals + guitar – Best of YouTube
- Noisecreep posts Battle Royale: Stryper retain No. 1 spot on top 10 video countdown
- Noisecreep posts Brazilian singer sounds like a Bruce Dickinson clone
- Rolling Stone reports Flaming Lips' Stone Roses cover album on the way Read more at NME
- Rolling Stone reports Black Keys surprise Stephen Colbert for prostate bit
- Rolling Stone reports The Yellow Dogs open up about their nightmare in Brooklyn
- Rolling Stone reports Pearl Jam's "Lightning Bolt" shows to air on SiriusXM
- Rolling Stone posts Weekend Rock Question: What is the Who's best album?
- NME reports Damon Albarn, Yeah Yeah Yeahs' Nick Zinner and Brian Eno announce details of Africa Express album
- NME reports Johnny Marr on releasing an autobiography: "It's going to happen"
- NME reports Arctic Monkeys to play two huge outdoor shows in Finsbury Park in May 2014
- NME reports Blink-182 joined by LL Cool J onstage in Los Angeles
- Blabbermouth posts video of Billy Sheehan, David Ellefson, Rex Brown, Frank Bello in HARTKE's "Conversation Series"
- Blabbermouth posts studio video of Helloween singer's Bad Bankers
- Blabbermouth posts the fourth studio webisode from Living Sacrifice
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson, Zakk Wylde, Rob Zombie guitarist John 5, ex-Pantera/Kill Devil Hill bassist Rex Brown, Slayer guitarist Kerry King on the passing of Jeff Hanneman, Ghost, Chimaira frontman Mark Hunter, Overkill vocalist Bobby "Blitz" Ellsworth on new album, Metal Church guitarist Kurdt Vanderhoof, Exodus frontman Rob Dukes on "haters", The Dillinger Escape Plan singer Greg Puciato, Soilwork frontman Björn "Speed" Strid, Born Of Osiris guitarist Lee Mckinney, Kreator guitarist/vocalist Mille Petrozza and Napalm Death bassist Shane Embury
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage from "Ghost Love Score" from Nightwish, "Showtime, Storytime" DVD, Death Angel doing "Son Of The Morning" on EMG TV and Angra "Stand Away" with Tarja Turunen
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Eye Of Provide..
Eye Of Provide..