Jane's Addiction will get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, it was announced on Tuesday (October 22nd). The band will receive the honor on October 30th, according to Variety. The group has yet to comment on the news, but Hollywood Walk of Fame producer Ana Martinez said, "We are excited to honor our hometown guys on our famous Walk! They are one of the most popular rock bands around and we expect many fans at this exciting event.'
- The star, which will be the 2509th installed on the Walk of Fame, will be located at 6436 Hollywood Boulevard. The ceremony will take place at 11:30 a.m. PT and will be live-streamed at WalkOfFame.com.
- The band, which has broken up and reunited several times since forming in 1985, most recently released its fourth studio album, The Great Escape Artist, in 2011.
- Guitarist Dave Navarro told us not long ago why he thinks Jane's has endured: "You know, one of the things that I attribute our ability to last as long as we have is the fact that we never fit into a genre, so some of the genres that have come and gone, no one could ever categorize us. Therefore we were never really a part of anything that was considered passe, you know, which is a testament to sticking to what you know, and not trying to fit into a box."
- Jane's Addiction released Live In NYC last June on DVD/CD, Blu-ray and double LP vinyl, as well as standalone DVD and CD.
- The band also issued a new song called "Another Soulmate" in August to coincide with a series of summer tour dates.
- The Hollywood Walk Of Fame comprises more than 2,500 five-pointed terrazzo and brass stars embedded in the sidewalks along 15 blocks of Hollywood Boulevard and three blocks of Vine Street in Hollywood, California.
- The stars are permanent public monuments to achievement in the entertainment industry, bearing the names of a mix of actors, musicians, directors, producers, musical and theatrical groups, fictional characters, and others.
- The Walk Of Fame is administered by the Hollywood Chamber Of Commerce and maintained by the self-financing Hollywood Historic Trust. It is a popular tourist destination, with a reported 10 million visitors in 2003.
Dave Navarro On Why Jane's Addiction Has Endured
Read more at Blabbermouth, Rolling Stone and NME
Blabbermouth reports Jane's Addiction Hollywood Walk of Fame celebration to be streamed live