Alter Bridge may have just released its fourth album, titled Fortress, but singer Myles Kennedy is already working on music for his other band, Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators. Kennedy told Billboard.com that Slash's third solo disc is on track for next year, saying, "Slash is sending me his riffs and ideas, so I've been (sending parts to him) via the old phone voice memo. We'll probably get together here later with the other guys, start chipping away at some things, and the goal is to record it next year."
- Kennedy became Slash's touring vocalist after the ex-Guns N' Roses axeman released his self-titled solo debut in 2010. Kennedy took over on lead vocals in the studio as well for last year's Apocalyptic Love.
- Slash has recently added film producer to his resume with this month's release of Nothing Left To Fear, the first horror movie issued under his Slasher Films production banner.
- Meanwhile, Alter Bridge guitarist Mark Tremonti will also get to work on the second album from his self-named group toward the end of this year as well, saying, "I'll be getting with the guys and trying to find a window maybe in December or January just to write some material. The next time we tour as Tremonti will probably be after we get some new material done, so it will probably be at least six months till we play some shows."
- The touring version of Tremonti featured Van Halen bassist Wolfgang Van Halen in the lineup, although it's not clear whether he'll appear on the next CD.
- Alter Bridge's Fortress arrived last Tuesday (October 8th) and follows up the group's last release, 2010's AB III.
- The band jets off to Europe for a month of shows starting on October 16th. Full North American tour plans are still to be announced.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Is it weird that these guys are already talking about their other projects when the new Alter Bridge album is just out?
- Do you feel like Kennedy and Tremonti have been able to maintain a good balance between Alter Bridge and their other acts?
- What is your favorite of the three -- Alter Bridge, Slash's band or Tremonti?
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Slash and Myles perform "Sweet Child O'Mine" at the premiere party for Nothing Left To Fear:
Read more at Blabbermouth
Check out an interview at Blabbermouth
Check out an interview with Myles Kennedy at Blabbermouth1 and Blabbermouth2
Check out a Q&A at Billboard
Check out an interview with Myles Kennedy on Slash at Blabbermouth
Check out an acoustic version of "Addicted to Pain" from Alter Bridge at Loudwire