Subscribe to channel
- Fitz And The Tantrums hit Number One on the Alternative radio chart this week with "Out Of My League," the first single from the band's second album, More Than Just A Dream. "Out Of My League" has been climbing the chart steadily for more than 30 weeks. The band will perform the tune on the October 15th edition of Ellen, October 16th's Conan and the October 26th edition of CBS Saturday Morning. Fitz And The Tantrums will also co-headline the Bright Futures Tour with Capital Cities, starting October 20th in Richmond, Virginia.
- Kings Of Leon's sixth album, Mechanical Bull, looks likely to be the band's third consecutive effort to make a Top Five debut on the Billboard 200 chart. The disc may sell around 110,000 to 120,000 copies to probably land in the Number Two slot behind the new release from Drake. It follows 2010's Come Around Sundown, which debuted at Number Two with 184,000 copies sold in its first week of release. (Billboard) Read more at NME
- Arcade Fire followed up their two-song appearance on this past weekend's (September 28th) edition of NBC's Saturday Night Live with a 30-minute broadcast special called Here Comes The Night Time, where the band showcased more new songs from its upcoming album, Reflektor. The surreal special, shot in the band's hometown of Montreal, began with Arcade Fire frontman Win Butler parading down the street, followed by a line of fairy tale creatures. It includes a number of cameos from Ben Stiller, Zach Galifianakis, Rainn Wilson, Bono, James Franco and others. (Billboard) Read more at Rolling Stone and NME Check out the show promo at NME
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Arcade Fire perform "Reflektor" on SNL:
Watch the video for "Out Of My League" from Fitz And The Tantrums:
- Blabbermouth reports according to RushIsABand.com, RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson is featured in a 30-second commercial for The Kidney Foundation Of Canada to help raise awareness of the conditions that cause kidney disease. Check out the spot below. Alex has worked with the Foundation in the past where he has contributed paintings for their A Brush Of Hope charity auction. He says: "A little over [ten] years ago, my father passed away after two very difficult years of failing health. Both his kidneys ceased to operate and he was on dialysis for over two years. Many times, he was nearly lost during his dialysis and it was heartbreaking to watch his demise, and that's why this is especially important to me." Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Billboard
- Blabbermouth reports funeral services for original GREAT WHITE bassist Lorne Black will be held this Friday, October 4 at: Murietta Valley Funeral Home 24651 Washington Ave. Murietta, California From 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. For more information or to sign the memory book, go to this location. Black appeared on the band's 1984 self-titled debut, 1986's "Shot In The Dark" and 1987's "Once Bitten…". Original GREAT WHITE singer Jack Russell, who is currently touring with a version of the band calling itself JACK RUSSELL'S GREAT WHITE, has posted the following statement: "It is with great sadness that we have been informed of the passing of Lorne Black [on Friday, September 27]! Our hearts go out to his family, friends and fans. "Lorne was a huge part of the first incarnation of GREAT WHITE! May he rest in peace." Added GREAT WHITE guitarist Mark Kendall: "I saw [Lorne's] cousin Robert a few months ago and we were in touch. Robert told me Lorne wasn't too good then. "I lost Robert's number when I changed phones, which bums me out. He used to work for us. "I loved Lorne and I am truly sad to get this news. I know he has battle demons for along time and I am so sad to hear of his passing. "RIP, my friend..."
- Blabbermouth reports guitarist Kirk Windstein appears to have exited DOWN in order to focus "100%" on his other band, CROWBAR. Windstein is not taking part in the songwriting sessions for the next DOWN EP and is being replaced in that band by longtime DOWN stage manager and HONKY founding guitarist Bobby Landgraf. Writing on Facebook, Windstein said: "For months now, I have been posting that I am concentrating on CROWBAR 100% FULL TIME… "2014 marks the 25th anniversary of CROWBAR and it's a great feeling to put my heart and soul into something that I created so long ago. "We are entering the studio on December 16 to record our 10th full-length record. Look for a late spring release on eOne. "See y'all on the road with CROWBAR!!!" Added Landgraf in a separate posting: "Feeling very lucky to have this gig with DOWN. It wouldn't be the same without Kirk Windstein's blessing. He is Riff Lord and the new CROWBAR will be amazing." DOWN bassist Pat Bruders recently left CROWBAR and was replaced in the latter band by Jeff Golden. Said Windstein in a new Facebook posting: "I will say it again… With my decision months ago to focus 100% on CROWBAR, Pat resigned as our bassist, and I respect his decision because it's impossible to give 100% to two bands. I am giving my ALL to CROWBAR as he is giving his ALL to DOWN. There is no animosity… no drama… Just great music being written by all, and that sounds pretty awesome to me!" Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports Brazil's Wikimetal podcast recently conducted an interview with singer James LaBrie of progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER. You can now listen to the chat using the SoundCloud widget below. Asked about his current relationship with original DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy, LaBrie said: "I haven't spoken to Mike since he left the band. "Myself, personally, and the way that the band feels is we're moving forward. Mike Mangini is our drummer and he will remain our drummer until the day that we're finished doing this. It's just the way that it is. "The reason that DREAM THEATER is moving on is because we have somebody that completely clicks with the band, he understands the band and he's helping us fulfill our musical aspirations. "Mike [Portnoy], you know, he's moved on, he's working with musicians and doing the things that he wants to do musically, and I think he's happy with that. But as far as DREAM THEATER [is concerned], this is who we are and this is who we will continue to be. Mike Mangini is our drummer, and he will be." Portnoy, who co-founded DREAM THEATER more than 27 years ago, abruptly quit the band in September 2010 while on tour with AVENGED SEVENFOLD. He has since been replaced by Mike Mangini (ANNIHILATOR, EXTREME, JAMES LABRIE, STEVE VAI). The new, self-titled album from progressive metal giants DREAM THEATER is likely to sell between 30,000 and 35,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double. The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores on September 24 via Roadrunner. DREAM THEATER's previous CD, "A Dramatic Turn Of Events", opened with 36,000 units to enter The Billboard 200 chart at position No. 8. The band's 2009 effort, "Black Clouds & Silver Linings", premiered with 40,000 copies to land at No. 6. This was roughly in line with the first-week tally registered by its predecessor, "Systematic Chaos", which shifted 36,000 copies in 2007 to enter the chart at No. 19. 2005's "Octavarium" premiered with 27,000 copies to debut at No. 36.
- Blabbermouth reports MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson will sign copies of his autobiography, "My Life With Deth", at the following locations:
October 29 from 1 p.m to 3 p.m.
8818 W. Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, California 90069
November 1 from 6 p.m to 8 p.m.
6428 S McClintock Dr
Tempe, AZ 85283
November 9 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Bass Player Live
1507 Gordon St
Los Angeles, CA 90028
November 19 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
National Press Club 36th Annual Book Fair
529 14th St. NW
Washington, D.C. 20045
The autobiography of David Ellefson, co-founder and bassist of 11-time Grammy-nominated heavy metal titans MEGADETH, will be made available on October 29 via Howard Books. Ellefson's memoir, "My Life With Deth", chronicles the story of Ellefson's fall into addiction during the band's early years, followed by his subsequent recovery and the return to faith which championed the band's rise to fame over the past several decades. The book was written with Joel McIver, the bestselling author of 21 books on rock music, and features a foreword by Alice Cooper. World rights to "My Life With Deth" were sold to Philis Boultinghouse at Howard Books by agent Lisa Gallagher at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates. Since 1983, the celebrated metal band MEGADETH has sold more than 20 million albums, received eleven Grammy nominations, and built a fan base of millions. Still going strong, they recently toured the world with METALLICA, ANTHRAX and SLAYER. Now, in "My Life With Deth", Ellefson tells the whole behind-the-scenes story of the band and his personal journey from suffering to salvation. At first glance, Ellefson's history reads like a how-to manual of excess, from hardcore drugs to X-rated debauchery. But Ellefson goes much deeper, taking us on a gripping journey from his Lutheran upbringing as a Minnesota farm boy, through the culture shock he experienced when he arrived in Los Angeles and entered the music industry, to his drug-fueled MEGADETH days, and finally how he beat his addictions and embarked on a path of sobriety and faith, entering a new life of Christian devotion. Today, studying to become a Lutheran pastor, Ellefson presides over MEGA Life! Ministries, a foundation that reaches hundreds of churchgoers every week. Ellefson says: "My autobiography is not the usual tale of rock 'n' roll woe, but rather something I hope will truly inspire people. I have dedicated my life to my craft, and I wanted to share the story of how a kid with a bass guitar and the dream of rock stardom literally risked it all to move from the farm in Minnesota to Los Angeles, and with a lot of hard work, sacrifice and a little luck along the way, made the dream come true. I think the readers will enjoy the stories, as well as the hardships, of this way of life as a musician and artist. I've been very open about my life's obstacles and the means by which I overcame them. Now, my hope is that this story will inspire others to follow their dreams and really live out the purpose for their lives, too.” The book features contributions from Kerry King (SLAYER), Scott Ian (ANTHRAX), Ellefson's current bandmate in MEGADETH Shawn Drover and also former colleagues Chris Poland and Marty Friedman. In addition to numerous gold and platinum records, David is the author of the book "Making Music Your Business" and has two metal bass guitar instructional DVDs through Rock House Method entitled "Metal Bass Vol. 1" and "Vol. 2". He is also a featured bass clinician, keynote speaker and panelist on the subject of music and the music industry.
- Blabbermouth reports created by Brendon Small, the animated one-hour special "Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera" airs Sunday, October 27 at midnight (ET/PT) on Adult Swim. This once-in-a-lifetime DETHKLOK experience includes special guests Jack Black, Mark Hamill, Malcolm McDowell, and CANNIBAL CORPSE's George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher. In "Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera", we pick up directly after the abduction of DETHKLOK guitarist Toki Wartooth in the season four finale. With his life in danger, his only salvation can come from the four most selfish human celebrities on Earth — his bandmates, extreme metal band DETHKLOK. Will they be able to get past their own egos to help someone besides themselves? Find out in this one-hour heavy metal rock opera special with a completely original score.
The original score from "Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera" will be released as a full-length album on October 29. And this isn’t just your average metal record — this is a full-blown musical featuring a fifty-piece orchestra. This full-length album features the bonus DETHKLOK single "Blazing Star" and orchestral movements (produced by Brendon Small and Emmy-winning composer Bear McCreary ("Battlestar Galactica", "Walking Dead"). Also included with the album will be a bonus "making-of" featurette with executive producer/creator/writer/musician Brendon Small and cast/musicians.
Legendary powerhouse metal drummer Gene Hoglan returns to join Brendon and DETHKLOK. Other musicians include bassist Bryan Beller (DETHKLOK, THE ARISTOCRATS, Joe Satriani), and Mike Keneally (DETHKLOK, Frank Zappa, Joe Satriani). Says Small: "This is not like anything we've ever done. This is a full-blown musical — metal combined with symphonic passages, classic musical theatre, high-stakes drama, emotional moments, and yes, totally ridiculous comedy. "I drew from all of my influences to make this the most unique project I could dream of. "This is easily the best thing we've ever done with the show and the music. I can't wait for you to hear it." States McCreary: "I have been a fan of 'Metalocalypse' for many years, and I am fortunate to call Brendon Small my friend. 'Metalocalypse: The Doomstar Requiem A Klok Opera' provided us the opportunity to collaborate that we'd always been looking for. "I had a blast helping Brendon realize his vision for a fully-produced orchestral score to accompany his drop-tuned guitars and pounding double kicks. This opera takes his catchy songwriting to a whole new level, and I was thrilled to help out.
- Blabbermouth reports former SEPULTURA drummer Igor Cavalera has told The Guardian that he will form "a metal version of THE WHITE STRIPES" with his brother, fellow ex-SEPULTURA and current CAVALERA CONSPIRACY bandmate Max. Igor, 42, who has been living in England with his wife Laima Leyton since last October, says that the idea for the new project came from producer James Murphy — DFA Records' head honcho and ex-LCD SOUNDSYSTEM frontman. "James Murphy approached me with the record idea, but eventually suggested some others," Igor said. "To start with, he wants only the two of us in the studio, like a metal version of THE WHITE STRIPES. He also wants nothing but the two of us on stage. "He basically asked me to get rid of the rest of the band. CAVALERA CONSPIRACY has four members and two records. Murphy asked us to start from scratch as a duo. According to him, 'this will come to be the heaviest record of our careers.' He promised me that." He continued: "The last time my brother and I played together as a duo was back home, when we were still teenagers learning how to play in our bedrooms. I had some pieces of an old drum and he had his guitar. This new project feels as though my brother and I are coming back home, 30 years later." Igor's main focus continues to be MIXHELL, the DJ/hip hop/electro project also featuring his wife. Igor left SEPULTURA in June 2006 due to "artistic differences." His departure from the band came five months after he announced that he was taking a break from SEPULTURA's touring activities to spend time with his second wife and their son (who was born in January 2006). In 1996, Max Cavalera exited SEPULTURA after the rest of the band fired Max's wife Gloria as the group's manager. Igor and Max's CAVALERA CONSPIRACY project released its sophomore album, Blunt Force Trauma", in March 2011 via Roadrunner Records. Check out an interview with Max Cavalera at Blabbermouth
- Blabbermouth reports HELLOWEEN singer Andi Deris has returned with his first solo album since 1999. Not so much a solo effort in its original sense, but recorded in a band envoirement to achieve a real band feeling, "Million Dollar Haircuts On Ten Cent Heads" will be released on November 22 via earMUSIC. Written and composed by Andi Deris himself, "Million Dollar Haircuts On Ten Cent Heads" has a crispy, modern sound to it. The diverse, high-class production is snotty, dirty and brutally honest and is described in a press release as "a healthy mixture of HELLOWEEN's recent records combined with 'Master Of The Rings' tradition (Andi's first HELLOWEEN album)." Recorded together with his band BAD BANKERS, "Million Dollar Haircuts On Ten Cent Heads" sees Deris criticizing the economic system and its corruption. Although the topic may seem a bit dull, the heavy guitar riffs and Deris' recognizable voice clearly make a point: "fuck banks, fuck managers, fuck bankers." He explains: "Obviously we despise everything around banks, managers and bankers who are clearly responsible for the shit that goes on nowadays (and most certainly in our future), so it felt very good to vocally tell them what we think about them. Sure, therefore it's highly explicit but hey… who gives a fuck? That's what they deserve... and it helps the music to really kick some ass."
"Million Dollar Haircuts On Ten Cent Heads" standard CD track listing:
02. Will We Ever Change
03. Banker's Delight (DOA)
05. Don't Listen To The Radio (TWOTW 1938)
06. Who Am I
07. Must Be Dreaming
08. The Last Days Of Rain
09. Enamoria 1.8
10. This Could Go On Forever
11. I Sing Myself Away
"Million Dollar Haircuts On Ten Cent Heads" limited-edition digipak track listing:
02. Will We Ever Change
03. Banker's Delight (DOA)
05. Don't Listen To The Radio (TWOTW 1938)
06. Who Am I
07. Must Be Dreaming
08. The Last Days Of Rain
09. Enamoria 1.8
10. This Could Go On Forever
11. I Sing Myself Away
01. Behind Dead Eyes (unreleased track; demo)
02. Little Lies (unreleased track; demo)
03. TWOTW 1938 (Don't Listen To The Radio) (unreleased demo version)
04. Must Be Dreaming (unreleased demo version)
05. EnAmoria (unreleased demo version)
"Million Dollar Haircuts On Ten Cent Heads" vinyl track listing:
A2. Will We Ever Change
A3. Banker's Delight (DOA)
A5. Don't Listen To The Radio (TWOTW 1938)
B1. Who Am I
B2. Must Be Dreaming
B3. The Last Days Of Rain
B4. Enamoria 1.8
B5. This Could Go On Forever
B6. I Sing Myself Away
ANDI DERIS AND THE BAD BANKERS lineup:
Andi Deris (Bad Vocals, Bad Guitars)
Nico Martin (Bad Guitars)
Jezoar Marrero (Bad Bass)
Nasim López-Palacios (Bad Drums)
- Blabbermouth reports Nuclear Blast has announced the signing of Iceland classic rock trio THE VINTAGE CARAVAN. The band's new album, "Voyage", will be released in early 2014. The official video for the CD's first single, "Expand Your Mind", can be seen below. Founded in 2006, THE VINTAGE CARAVAN has thus far released a self-titled debut album, played numerous shows in and outside of Iceland and built up a reputation as a highly intense live band. Commented the band: "Humbled, shocked, happy and honoured are few words that describe how we, THE VINTAGE CARAVAN, feel right now! "We have always respected Nuclear Blast and to have them invite us in the family is beyond our wildest dreams. We see great times ahead of us and we hope that every rocker in Europe gets a chance to hear our music next year." Added Nuclear Blast A&R manager Jaap Wagemaker: "Nuclear Blast is very happy to announce the newest addition to the Nuclear family THE VINTAGE CARAVAN! "Everybody knows that we at Nuclear Blast, besides our love for thrash metal, also have a soft spot for retro rock and because of the success we have with ORCHID, GRAVEYARD, WITCHCRAFT, FREE FALL, SCORPION CHILD and BLUES PILLS we are very curious to see if the fans will embrace our newest family member, THE VINTAGE CARAVAN, as well! Their debut album for Nuclear Blastis scheduled for an early 2014 release and we are looking forward to start working with the band and bring them to a higher level!"
- Blabbermouth reports Austrian extreme metallers MASTIC SCUM will release their fifth album, "CTRL", on December 6 via Massacre Records. The CD will contain 11 tracks, including a re-recorded aong from the band's 1994 demo. The effort was mixed at Metalforge Studio by Mike Kronstorfer. The artwork was designed by Isisdesignstudio and can be seen here. Says the band: "The concept of the album depicts a futuristic vision of the technological evolution and development of society — the need to control and the inevitable collapse of a system!"
"CTRL" track listing:
01. Controlled Collapse
03. Cause & Effect
07. Perceptive Illusion
08. Hyper-Detection 2.0
10. The Vortex Within
MASTIC SCUM's last album, "Dust", was released on November 13, 2009 via Twilight Distribution. The band in 2009 parted ways with vocalist Will due to "musical differences" and replaced him with Maggo Wenzel (INZEST, TRISTWOOD, WATCH ME BLEED).
- Blabbermouth reports the reformed CHASTAIN — featuring Leather Leone on vocals — will release its comeback album, "Surrender To No One", on November 19 via Leviathan Records.
"Surrender To No One" track listing:
01. Surrender To No One
02. Fear My Wrath
03. I Am Sin
04. Stand And Fight
05. Freedom Within
06. Bleed Through Me
07. Call Of The Wild
08. Evil Awaits Us
09. Save Me Tonight
10. Deep Down In The Darkness
11. Rise Up
The cover artwork can be seen here. Guitarist David T. Chastain and Leather Leone have been writing material since January. Also back in the saddle is original bassist Mike Skimmerhorn. The drum tracks for the CD were recorded by Stian Kristoffersen (PAGAN'S MIND, FIREWIND) since original drummer Fred Coury is still busy touring with CINDERELLA and other projects. The Leather-fronted version of CHASTAIN recorded five CDs in the mid-to-late 1980s: 1985's "Mystery Of Illusion", 1986's "Ruler Of The Wasteland", 1987's "The 7th Of Never", 1988's "The Voice Of The Cult" and 1990's "For Those Who Dare". After the "For Those Who Dare" tour, David and Leather amicably went their separate ways but kept in touch over the years. Leather last year released the debut album from her SLEDGE LEATHER project, "Imagine Me Alive". The CD was inspired in 2010 when Leather called Sandy Sledge to collaborate on the Ronnie James Dio track "Egypt" for a demo tribute recording. Due to the overwhelming response for more material, SLEDGE LEATHER was born and was confirmed for Germany's Keep It True festival in April 2011. Regarding the new CHASTAIN material, David states: "We are trying to write and record music that is expected of us but with some modern twists and turns. We demoed up 20 tracks and it was difficult to leave any of them off the CD. Stian did an amazing job with the drum tracks and his performance is probably the best drumming on any CHASTAIN release to date. We have been in no rush as we wanted to make sure everything would live up to our past releases, but at this point we are in the home stretch." Leviathan Records in 2010 released "The Reign of Leather", a collection of CHASTAIN tracks Leather had a hand in writing during her glory days with the band. Leviathan also reissued two of the classic CHASTAIN CDs with Leather: "The 7th of Never" and "The Voice Of The Cult". Both were digitally remastered and are in their original unedited versions.
- Blabbermouth reports South Carolina-based extreme metallers LECHEROUS NOCTURNE have inked a deal with Willowtip Records. The band states: "We are excited to join this roster and eager to continue spreading our brand of metal upon the masses." LECHEROUS NOCTURNE's "Ouroboros Chains" video can be seen below. The track comes off the group's third album, "Behold Almighty Doctrine", which was released on March 19 via Unique Leader Records. The CD was recorded at SoundLab Studio in Lexington, South Carolina with longtime engineer Bob Moore. In a recent interview with Xplosive Metal, LECHEROUS NOCTURNE bassist James O'Neil stated about the making of "Behold Almighty Doctrine": "The recording went very well. We recorded with Bob Moore at Soundlab in Columbia, South Carolina over the course of one week in December 2011. Bob is a great guy and very easy to work with. A true master of his craft. The vocals were originally recorded by Brett Bently, whom myself and Ethan had known for years. We went on tour with DEICIDE, JUNGLE ROT and ABIGAIL WILLIAMS in March of 2012. After parting ways with the band during the tour, it was immediately decided that the vocals would be re-recorded. After searching for a vocalist for some time, we decided to get Chris Lollis. Chris is an original member of LECHEROUS NOCTURNE and handled guitar on the previous albums (self-titled EP, 'Admiration Of The Blade' and 'The Age Of Miracles Has Passed'). He also played bass and handled vocal duties for NILE. Chris has a very powerful vocal style and stage presence that matches the ferocity of our music. But his vocals are at the same time clear and legible." Regarding the musical direction of "Behold Almighty Doctrine", O'Neilsaid: "The style of music we play is not easily absorbed in a single listen. I have read reviews of this album where our music is described as confusing. Saying the riffs are crowded together into a nonsensical mess. The way we write is not your typical this riff four times, that riff four times, breakdown, repeat. It challenges the listener to pay attention to the detail of the music itself. Regardless of how many times the album is listened to, something different is noticed every time. In retrospect, like a film that you may have seen hundreds of times but you always notice something different every time you watch it."
"Behold Almighty Doctrine" track listing:
01. Intro 02. Ouroboros Chains 03. Bring The Void 04. Archeopteryx 05. Those Having Been Hidden Away 06. Prelude #2 07. Judgments And Curses 08. Lesions From Vicious Plague 09. Caustic Vertigo 10. Creation Continuum
- Loudwire reports Trivium and DevilDriver bring "Ruthless" aggression to New York City
- Loudwire reports Ra to return with new album "Critical Mass"
- Loudwire reports Metallica, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath get folk makeover by The Avett Brothers on "Jimmy Fallon"
- Loudwire reports Buckcherry to release greatest hits album
- Loudwire posts Best of YouTube - Don’t "Get Fooled" by This Kid Drummer
- Loudwire posts the top 25 rock and metal replacement singers
- Diffuser posts the 10 best female rockers of ’90s
- Noisecreep reports Motorhead, "Aftershock" – October 2013 Release of the Month
- Noisecreep reports Volbeat, HIM and All That Remains wrap up 2013 Rock Allegiance Tour in Brooklyn Blabbermouth posts an interview with Volbeat guitarist Rob Caggiano Read more at Loudwire
- Noisecreep reports Glen Stilphen discusses "Drop The Needle" Boston Punk Compilation
- Noisecreep posts video of kid punches self in the face at Cattle Decapitation show
- Classic Rock reports Leslie West talks about his new album – with guests Mark Tremonti, Jonny Lang, Dee Snider – and offers you first listen to his collaboration with Johnny Winter.
- Rolling Stone reports Queen's history told in new webisode "We Are the Champions"
- Rolling Stone reports Green Day revamp "21 Guns" in "Broadway Idiot"
- Rolling Stone reports Sting sets sail with "What Have We Got" on "Letterman"
- Rolling Stone reports Sleigh Bells get positively loud in "Bitter Rivals"
- Rolling Stone reports ailing Pussy Riot member ends hunger strike
- Billboard reports AWOLnation: How "Sail" Took the Scenic Route to Hot 100 Juggernaut
- Billboard reports Quietdrive fights pediatric cancer with new song "Even When I'm Gone"
- NME reports David Bowie's 100 favourite books revealed
- NME reports Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks: "The Internet killed the music industry"
- NME reports Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds invite fans to special filmed gig for "20,000 Days On Earth" film
- NME reports Blur's Damon Albarn to make radio presenting debut on BBC Radio 2
- Blabbermouth posts a teaser for "The Atomic Clock: The Clock Strikes Two" DVD from Gene Hoglan
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Metallica, Steven Tyler and Joe Perry from Aerosmith, Fozzy frontman Chris Jericho, Deftones drummer Abe Cunningham, Trivium guitarist Corey Beaulieu, Deep Purple bassist Roger Glover on Jon Lord, Sebastian Bach, Testament frontman Chuck Billy on "Dark Roots Of Thrash" DVD, Running Wild mainman Rolf "Rock'n'Rolf" Kasparek answering fan questions, In Flames bassist Peter Iwers, Monster Magnet frontman Dave Wyndorf, Annihalator mainman Jeff Waters and former Roadrunner Records A&R chief and current Nuclear Blast Entertainment president Monte Conner on "XXX: Three Decades Of Roadrunner Records"
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Metal Blade Re..
All That Remai..
Razor & Tie