Two documentaries on Green Day have both set release dates. The first, Cuatro!, arrives on DVD and iTunes on September 24th. The film chronicles the conception, writing and recording of Green Day's recent trilogy of albums, Uno!, Dos! and Tre!, which came out last September, November and December.
Bassist Mike Dirnt said, "Over the last year while we were recording our trilogy, we posted multiple clips every week so fans can see parts of the recording process of Uno!, Dos! and Tre!. Cuatro! brings our fans one step closer by giving them even more access and revealing what it was like for us to make these records."
- Meanwhile, the second film, Broadway Idiot, will open in New York City and on video-on-demand October 11th, expanding October 18th to additional cities.
- The film follows Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong as he works with director Michael Mayer to bring Green Day's hugely successful 2004 punk opera, American Idiot, to the stage as a Broadway musical.
- The film also chronicles how working in theater affected Armstrong, who ended up performing in the show several times and is currently writing a new rock musical based on Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing.
- Armstrong went into rehab last fall after a meltdown at a California radio festival, forcing Green Day to cancel several months of tour dates.
- The band returned to the road last March after Armstrong emerged from treatment. Green Day's next scheduled shows are as part of the touring Soundwave Festival in Australia next February.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the trailer for Cuatro!:
Watch the trailer for Broadway Idiot:
Broadway Idiot Trailer from Broadway Idiot on Vimeo.
Read more at Loudwire