Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports British heavy metal singer Blaze Bayley (IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE) will release a career-spanning double-disc collection, "Soundtracks Of My Life", on October 31.
- The track listing is as follows:
01. Man Who Would Not Die 02. Ghost In The Machine 03. Stare At The Sun 04. Robot 05. Kill & Destroy 06. Silicon Messiah 07. The Brave 08. The Launch 09. King Of Metal (Remixed by Rick Plester) 10. Rainbow Fades To Black 11. Samurai 12. Blackmailer 13. Watching The Night Sky 14. Speed Of Light 15. Soundtrack Of My Life
16. Russian Holiday (acoustic feat. Thomas Zwijsen) 17. Clansman (acoustic feat. Thomas Zwijsen) 18. Voices From The Past 19. Tenth Dimension 20. Blood And Belief 21. 10 Seconds 22. Leap Of Faith 23. Tough As Steel (Blaze version) 24. Comfortable In Darkness 25. Living Someone Elses Life 26. The Day I Fell To Earth 27. Motherfuckers R Us 28. Wonderful Life (SINNERGOD feat. Blaze Bayley) 29. Hatred (new song) 30. Eating Children (new song)
All songs have been remastered by Rick Plester. Says Blaze: "This double-disc set contains 30 recordings that have been very important to me in my life and 30-year career. Some of the songs included have not been widely available before. I have also had time to write two new songs with Rick Plester (former BLACK SYMPHONY guitarist). The set will come with a 28-page booklet and slipcase. Artwork is by Andreas Sandberg, who also did the artwork for 'King Of Metal'. The release date is October 31st, but pre-orders are available on August 4th."
* Silver package - £15: Album signed * Gold package - £17: Album signed + your name in CD booklet * Platinum package - £25: Album signed + your name in CD booklet + 40-page book "Albums Of My LIfe" + your name in book + fridge magnet + button badge + certificate
There will only be 300 copies of the platinum package available. The "Albums Of My Life" book will contain rare photos, tour dates and autobiographical account of the recordings, written by Blaze. This book is only limited to the Platinum package and will not be sold separately afterwards.
Metal Mind Productions recently released the two-CD version of Blaze Bayley's "Alive In Poland" (previously available only as part of the limited-edition "Alive In Poland" DVD) in Europe and North America. "Alive In Poland" was recorded in Poland in April 2007 during the 21st edition of Metalmania festival in Katowice, Poland. It features a fantastic, over-one-and-a-half-hour show during which Blaze presented the best tracks from his discography, as well as select tracks from IRON MAIDEN ("Man On The Edge", "Futureal"). Bayley's latest studio album, "The King Of Metal", was released in March 2012. The CD was recorded at Fear Studio in Ravenna, Italy. The 49-year-old Bayley, who was born in Birmingham, was the original frontman in WOLFSBANE, but left in 1994 to replace Bruce Dickinson as the lead singer of IRON MAIDEN.
- Blabbermouth reports a sneak peek at MANOWAR's latest recording session is available below. More details will be revealed soon. MANOWAR has released highlights of its "The Lord Of Steel World Tour" on a live EP, featuring performances from the Czech Republic, Finland, Germany, Italy, Russia and Sweden. "From the first show in Zaragoza/Spain to the last show in Yekaterinburg/Russia, 'The Lord Of Steel' world tour was a terrific experience," said MANOWAR bassist Joey DeMaio. Performing new songs for the first time in front of your audience is the ultimate test of the power of the songs to connect to the only people that matter. Our fans were totally brutalized and went wild as you will hear on this new EP. 'The Lord Of Steel Live' is a thank you to our amazing fans; it will forever immortalize this tour and those who attended it." The album was mixed and mastered at MANOWAR's own studios Hell and Haus Wahnfried by Joey DeMaio personally with longtime MANOWAR engineer Dirk Kloiber. "The Lord Of Steel Live" was released digitally as an iTunes exclusive worldwide on July 9, and will be made available on CD in retail and through TheKingdomOfSteel.com on August 16.
01. El Gringo 02. Expendable 03. Hail, Kill And Die 04. Manowarriors 05. The Lord Of Steel 06. Thunder In The Sky
Asked why MANOWAR chose to release "The Lord Of Steel" in digital format several months before the retail release, DeMaio told Rockpages.gr: "MANOWAR have always worked with the latest technology. Thankfully, our fans have more options than ever to choose how they get their music and when. "We are proud to be able to give our fans multiple choices: We have released a limited edition of the album in collaboration with Metal Hammer U.K., with its own artwork and special mixes as a first look at what is to come. For those who prefer digital content and wish this limited version, they have the option of getting it as download album. "The worldwide retail release [is] available with different versions of the songs and a totally different mix and master as CD and limited vinyl, both with spectacular new art by Ken Kelly. And, of course, this version [is] available as digital album as well. The fans can decide which options and configurations they prefer." Regarding the difference between MANOWAR's previous studio album, "Gods Of War", and "The Lord Of Steel", DeMaio said: "All of our albums are different from one another, unlike other groups who constantly try to keep to a formula. "After the massive production of 'Gods Of War', our vision this time was a stripped down, brutally raw, unique sound; 'lean and mean,’ so to speak. "We had started working on material prior Donnie [Hamzik, drums] return to the band. "MANOWAR are a unit. Every band member brings in a unique contribution, so it was only logical for us to start over and include Donniefrom the beginning of the creative process. "Some people will say its a shame to abandon something you have invested a lot of time and energy in, but that's the way we work. It has to feel right for all of us."
- Blabbermouth reports MAYAN — the band featuring EPICA guitarist/songwriter Mark Jansen alongside Jack Driessen (ex-AFTER FOREVER) and Frank Schiphorst — has entered the studio to begin recording 11 new songs for its sophomore album, tentatively due before the end of the year. Professionally filmed video footage of MAYAN's June 24, 2012 performance at the Graspop Metal Meeting festival in Dessel, Belgium can be seen below. Making a special guest appearance with the band at the concert was REVAMP/ex-AFTER FOREVER vocalist Floor Jansen. MAYAN's debut album, "Quarterpast", was released in Europe on May 20, 2011 and in North America on July 12, 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded and mixed by Sascha Paeth (EPICA, KAMELOT). In an interview with The Great Southern Brainfart, Mark Jansen stated about MAYAN, "It started as just something for fun but soon it grew into something that had to be perfect as well. I thought it was just for fun to make music with old friends but now it's as serious for me as EPICA is. Of course, EPICA remains my priority band and that's the band that's doing the most of the tours but MAYAN will fill in the gaps." When asked if the MAYAN material is — conceptually and lyrically — be similar to EPICA, Mark replied, "Lyrically, you will find a lot of comparisons because it's my style of writing. I didn't attempt to write about completely different stuff. It could have been lyrics for an EPICA CD as well but music-wise it's completely different. It contains way more grunts and it's way more heavy. It is still symphonic because I love that kind of music. It's like a mixture of SYMPHONY X and OPETH style. That kind of direction."
* Mark Jansen (EPICA, ex-AFTER FOREVER) – Guitar, Vocals * Jack Driessen (ex-AFTER FOREVER) - Keyboards * Frank Schiphorst - Guitar, Vocals * Rob van der Loo (ex-SUN CAGED, DELAIN) - Bass * Isaac Delahaye (EPICA) - Guitar * Ariën van Weesenbeek(EPICA) - Drums
- Blabbermouth reports HIPNOSIS guitarist/vocalist Giovany Milhet spoke to link text Miami New Times about the Cuban heavy metal band's decision to request political asylum after arriving in Miami last Monday morning (July 22). According to Milhet, he and his bandmates declared political asylum as they were waiting in line with the representative from the Cuban government that was traveling with them. "It was a very difficult thing [requesting asylum]," Milhet said. "We didn't expect things to happen the way they did. We made the decision because the girl [from the Cuban government] who came with us was very uncomfortable. When we arrived at the airport in Miami, she told us: 'You can't go out of the airport, or the police will arrest you.' "What the fuck, man? She tried to put all of us in fear," Milhet said. "You'd have to be stupid to believe that." Ramiro Pupo, the lead singer of the six-member band, was the first HIPNOSIS musician to seek asylum, explaining that his daughter already lives in Miami. "Once we saw that we all decided to follow," bassist Fanny Tachin told AFP. Two members of the group weren't travelling with their bandmates when they touched down in the United States: singer Maylin Ruiz is currently in Spain, and keyboardist Glencys Toro is already in Oklahoma visiting family, according to the Miami New Times. HIPNOSIS was founded in Marianao, La Habana in 2001, and rose to fame in Cuba in 2004 with the release of its debut album "The Chosen One". The band's style combines elements of metal, gothic and grunge sounds. A number of Cuban artists and athletes have defected from Cuba over the past few years. In 2008, seven members of the Cuban Olympic soccer team decided to stay after their game against the U.S. team in Florida. Cuban ballet dancer Rolando Sarabiaalso defected in 2005.
- Blabbermouth reports bassist/vocalist David Vincent (MORBID ANGEL), guitarist Niclas Engelin (IN FLAMES, ENGEL) and drummer Magnus "Adde" Andreasson (HARDCORE SUPERSTAR) have joined forces in a brand new project called NERO 54/68. Engelin is sitting out a few of IN FLAMES' shows this summer. His temporary replacement for those gigs is Patrik Jensen from THE HAUNTED. MORBID ANGEL will celebrate the 20th anniversary of its best-selling album, "Covenant", by embarking on the "Covenant: 1993-2013" tour in November/December. HARDCORE SUPERSTAR's new album, "C'mon Take On Me", was released in Europe on March 1 via Nuclear Blast Records. The follow-up to 2010's "Split Your Lip" was produced by the bandmembers themselves and mixed by Randy Staub (METALLICA, MÖTLEY CRÜE, THE CULT).
- Blabbermouth reports guitarist Kelly McLauchlin of California death metal pioneers POSSESSED has released the following statement: "Due to my busy work/travel schedule with my audio-visual career, I will not be touring with POSSESSED on their upcoming South American tour. The band has found a replacement guitarist to do the tour, and although we are leaving the door open to fill in whenever possible, most likely this will be the end of my time with POSSESSED. I simply cannot commit to the band's increasing tour schedule. "As anyone can imagine, this has been a very difficult decision to make. In the past, I would have simply quit my job for an opportunity to tour with a legendary band like POSSESSED — a band which I grew up listening to since I was 16 years old. But, things are different now — and I have responsibilities, and bills to pay. "It has been 2 and ½ years ago since I joined POSSESSED, and in that time we have done quite a few amazing things — we played a total of 31 shows together, including some huge festivals (Hellfest, Graspop), special events (Bonded By Baloff, Barge To Hell), U.S. tour dates and two full European tours, as well as written — and performed live — the first new POSSESSED song in over 20 years. So I will always remember my time with POSSESSED. "I’d like to thank all our fans and friends, old and new, who have shown their support. I hope to see you all again one day. I send my best wishes and respect to Jeff Becerra. We will always remain friends, and brothers. And to the rest of the band, good luck in South America and in the future. "And for my personal fans, friends and supporters – do not worry, this is not the end of my musical projects — stay tuned for something very special to be announced in the weeks ahead."
POSSESSED's most recent lineup consisted of the following musicians:
* Jeff Becerra - Vocals * Emilio Marquez (SADISTIC INTENT) - Drums * Robert Cardenas (AGENT STEEL, COFFIN TEXTS) - Bass * Kelly McLauchlin (DIABOLIC, UNHOLY GHOST, PESSIMIST) - Guitar * Daniel Gonzalez (NAILSHITTER, OCCISAS) - Guitar
Becerra previously stated about POSSESSED's most recent lineup: "I am quite happy with this new lineup and truly respect every member in the band now. It just makes everything so much easier and worthwhile whenever everyone is as into the music as I am. Also the professionalism and dedication is unwavering. These guys came in with guns blazing and knew the songs so well that even the first time around they were playing them almost perfectly."
- Blabbermouth reports TRIPTYKON — the group formed by former HELLHAMMER/CELTIC FROST singer, guitarist, and main songwriter Tom Gabriel Fischer (a.k.a. Tom Gabriel Warrior) — is working on material for its sophomore full-length CD, tentatively due in early 2014. Comments Fischer: "TRIPTYKON's current rehearsal and arrangement sessions for the forthcoming second album sound sweepingly heavy, epic, and dark. And utterly diverse. Such music — and, indeed, the experience of creating it — is deeply alluring, even addictive. "The path leading to this point has been unexpectedly long and extremely challenging, even if for reasons largely unrelated to the group. And yet, we are reminded every time we meet why we have persisted. Love TRIPTYKON or feel profound hatred for us, but this group sounds like no other — except the two from which we have arisen. "It will still be a few months until the music that is 'Daemon', 'Into Despair', 'Sycophant', 'Boleskine House', 'Tree Of Suffocated Souls', and many more, will be committed to the album proper. But having progressed, finally, so far into the process in this manner is moving beyond description." Regarding the approach to his guitar playing on the new TRIPTYKON material, Fischer previously said: "My guitar tone/sound will likely continue to evolve, albeit within the limits of a certain direction. "My current guitar tone is the result of a continuous effort to achieve a tone which represents me, i.e., my emotional landscape, perfectly. I have never been able to identify more with my guitar tone than in recent years (on 'Monotheist' and, particularly, 'Eparistera Daimones' and the associated tours). I have spent some three decades pursuing this a tone/sound, and I feel etremely comfortable with it now, and I see little impetus to change it at this time. Above all, it yields the heaviness and darkness I seek. To me, this type of a continuous mutation within a certain frame of mind can best be explained when one looks at the three consecutive versions of the song 'Triumph Of Death'… The simple reason is that I am not 'youthful' anymore at this point in my life, and it is logical that my music and approach is thus different. I will turn 50 this year, and it would be utterly naive to expect that my sound is exactly the same 31 years after I started HELLHAMMER as a teenager. If it was, it would be an act, i.e., a lie… My 'aggression' is [still] there. It has changed, though. It is of a very different kind nowadays. If anything, it is far more profound."
"Shatter", the latest five-track EP from TRIPTYKON, sold around 500 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 90 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "Shatter" was released on October 25, 2010 (Europe) and October 26, 2010 (North America). At a playing time of approximately 28 minutes, "Shatter" consists almost entirely of previously unreleased music. TRIPTYKON consists of V. Santura (guitar, vocals), Norman Lonhard (drums, percussion), Vanja Slajh (bass), and Tom Gabriel Fischer (voice, guitars). The group has unambiguously stated that it pursues the continuation and further development of the path Warrior began in HELLHAMMER and CELTIC FROST.
- Blabbermouth reports Norwegian metallers SUSPERIA have released "Standalone", the first single from their upcoming album, as a free download via the band's Facebook page. The group states: "This is the first song we have recorded completely ourselves in our own studio. Mixing and mastering has been done by our drummer Tjodalv, also in our own studio." SUSPERIA in November 2011 released a CD celebrating its 10-year anniversary as a recording artist, "We Are The Ones". According to a press release, the "mark[ed] 10 years of releases, and at the same time a nice end of a circle where Mustis (ex-DIMMU BORGIR), who participated on SUSPERIA's first demo in 1999, now return[ed] after 12 years to once again put his magical touch on new, as well as old songs. A very fruitful cooperation which now has led to some fantastic re-recordings of some very popular, classic songs, now in complete symphonic versions. A brand new song has been recorded, with a massive orchestral theme."
- Loudwire reports Neil Young releases "Everybody’s Rockin'" 30 years ago
- Classic Rock reports The Slam, founded by Canada-raised lead singer and guitarist Serge Simic, have released a video for the single "Tears In The Rain"
- Classic Rock reports view promo for "Harmony" from Swedish hard rockers Bonafide’s upcoming third album ahead of European tour with the Quireboys
- NME reports Arctic Monkeys on Olympics Opening Ceremony one year on: "It's like representing your country"
- NME reports Muse's Matt Bellamy says they've had to offer bribes to use special effects at live shows
- NME reports Liam Gallagher refuses to begin "secret love child" negotiations without confidentiality agreement
- Blabbermouth posts video of Megadeth bassist's behind-the-scenes look at "Gigantour" in Edmonton
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video