Now that he's published his second non-fiction book, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Heaven (Or, How I Made Peace With The Paranormal And Stigmatized Zealots And Cynics In The Process), Stone Sour and Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor told us what his third and fourth books might be: "I think my third book, I've been writing a column, a monthly column, for a magazine called Rock Sound in the UK for about 12 years now, and I'm thinking about putting together a collection of my favorite columns from there and just kind of putting that out. And that would allow me enough time to work on a novel, which I actually have a really good idea for a novel, and just kind of try my hand at fiction and see what happens."
- Taylor's only fiction output so far has been a four-issue comic book based on the recent Stone Sour concept album, House Of Gold And Bones.
- A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Heaven chronicles Taylor's experiences with the paranormal and his quest to find an explanation for such incidents.
- His first book, Seven Deadly Sins, was a New York Times non-fiction best seller.
- Taylor told Billboard this week that the one book you won't see from him for a while is a standard rock star autobiography. He explained, "I'm not even in my 40s yet, so it's not time for me to write my life story 'cause I'm still living it."
- While Stone Sour plans to take the rest of the year off, Taylor will perform with Slipknot on October 19th in Brazil. The band will then begin putting music together for its long-awaited fifth album in early 2014.
- Taylor explained, "We really don't have a timetable; we've basically told everybody, 'Screw you, don't give us a deadline' because this album especially is too important. It's going to be a daunting task going into the studio without (the late bassist) Paul Gray, so I don't need a bunch of suits rushing me through something that is going to be pretty emotional."
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Have you read Taylor's two books? Do you think he's a good writer?
- Would you like to see him try his hand at a novel?
- Or would you rather read a memoir about his life and career?
Stone Sour's Corey Taylor On His Next Two Books
Read more at Blabbermouth and Noisecreep
Check out an interview at Blabbermouth
Blabbermouth posts video of Corey Taylor's book signing in Hollywood
Blabbermouth reports Corey Taylor: I Love Being Able To Write Stuff For Slipknot now