Avenged Sevenfold has finalized the details of its fall headlining North American "Hail To The King" tour, which will begin on October 3rd in Chicago and conclude on October 26th in Las Vegas. The group has now revealed all the venues for the trek, as well as ticket on-sale dates. Most of the shows will go on sale August 2nd at 10:00 a.m., with a few shows going on sale August 9th. Support on the road trip will come from Deftones and Ghost B.C.
- This will be Avenged Sevenfold's first full-scale American tour since 2011, when the band concluded the tour cycle for its 2010 CD, Nightmare.
- Avenged Sevenfold will be on the road in support of its sixth studio album, Hail To The King, which arrives on August 27th.
- Singer M. Shadows told us the band won't have any trouble working the new songs into its live show: "Actually, this is the first record that we played everything live in the studio -- something that no one wanted to do, but when we did it we were really happy 'cause all the groove was there, the energy was there. So these songs are not gonna be hard to learn. I mean, that's the thing about this record, is it's very single riff oriented. It's not a million things going on. There's not five guitar parts. So it's gonna be pretty cut and dried on this record."
- Fans can now pre-order a special, limited edition box set of Hail To The King which will come in an antique gold colored embossed foil wrapped "treasure box" featuring exclusive artwork, memorabilia and more bonus content. Fans that purchase the box set will also receive pre-sale access to the upcoming tour.
- Confirmed Avenged Sevenfold tour dates (subject to change):
October 3 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena
October 5 - Indianapolis, IN - Klipsch Music Center
October 6 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
October 8 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena
October 9 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
October 12 - Bloomington, IL - US Cellular Coliseum
October 13 - Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena
October 15 - Atlanta, GA - Phillips Arena
October 16 - Orlando, FL - Amway Center
October 18 - Houston, TX - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
October 19 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
October 20 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
October 22 - Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center
October 23 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
October 26 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay Events Center
INTERNET COMMENTS at Loudwire and Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
Lawrence Wheatley wrote: "I guess sometimes u got to deal with bands u don't very much care for to see the main act o well A7F is worth it!!!"
TimRipperOwensDayJob wrote: "I remember when these guys came out with 'I want it that way'. Just because they got a few tattoos since then doesn't change anything!"
drmen wrote: "not these EMO kids again."
RedZombie wrote: "sounds like this one could be a whole new step up for them. Hope so."
Avenged Sevenfold's M. Shadows On Playing The New Album Live
Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
Check out an interview at Blabbermouth part 1 and part 2