Elton John was recently forced to cancel a series of concert dates after an abscess was discovered on his appendix. The singer is currently on antibiotics as he prepares for surgery but he wanted to thank all of his fans for their support and well wishes. Via his website, John wrote, "I would like to thank the literally thousands of people who have sent me get well cards and messages over the past two weeks. Your well wishes have touched me deeply and will play a big part in my recovery."
- He added, "I cannot wait to see you all and thank you in person when I resume my concert schedule later this year. In the meantime, please know that I consider myself a very blessed man to have such caring and considerate fans."
- John is expected to make a full recovery within the next month as he's scheduled to receive the first BRITs Icon Award on September 2nd. The singer plans to resume his tour on September 3rd in Leeds in the United Kingdom.
- When John does return to the road, he has so many hits that his set list is evolving. He explained in the past: "Songs come and go -- having a big repertoire means that you could dump songs. I've got enough numbers to be happy with all of it, hopefully. If there are any numbers that you don't like playing, you can soon substitute them, and then put in something that works better."
- Elton John's full name Sir Elton Hercules John but he was born Reginald Kenneth Dwight on March 25th, 1947.
- Throughout his career, John has sold over 250 million records.
- John was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994.
- In 2011, John's wealth was estimated at $259 million.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Despite all of the accolades do you thing Elton John is still under-rated for all he's accomplished musically?
- Do you think John is appreciated for all the work he's done in the fight against AIDS?
- Do you think there's more to John's latest ailment than he's letting on?
Elton John on his repertoire