Subscribe to channel
- Australian rock act Midnight Oil will not be reuniting. Despite rumors, the band issued a statement according to Billboard that said they have "no plans to reform or tour at this time." The statement also said that long-time manager Gary Morris has left the group and will pursue a "number of other business interests." Read more at Billboard
- Sacha Baron Cohen has pulled out of the Freddie Mercury biopic after his vision conflicted with that of the members of Queen. Cohen wanted to go into Mercury's homosexuality while the members of Queen wanted to make a more PG version of Mercury's life according to Deadline Hollywood. Cohen signed on to do the film in 2010 and had been working with the writers and director. The untitled film is being produced by Tribeca Productions and Queen Films. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock, Classic Rock, Rolling Stone, Billboard and NME
- Alice Cooper is currently touring Europe but he's announced plans for his Raise The Dead tour which will kick off on October 13th in Port Chester, New York, and wrap on November 6th in Idaho Falls, Idaho. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Noisecreep
Raise The Dead Tour dates:
October 13th - Port Chester, NY - Capitol Theatre
October 15th - Red Bank, NJ - Count Basie Theatre
October 17th - Lynn, MA - Lynn Auditorium
October 18th - Wilkes-Barre, PA - Fm Kirby Center
October 19th - Morristown, NJ - Mayo Pac
October 21st - Verona, NY - Turning Stone
October 22nd - Richmond, VA - The National
October 23rd - Huntington, WV - Big Sandy Arena
October 27th - Hollywood, FL - Hard Rock Live
October 29th - Jacksonville, FL - Florida Theatre
October 31st- Montgomery, AL - Montgomery Pac
November 1st - Biloxi, MS - Beau Rivage
November 2nd - Marksville, LA - Paragon Casino
November 3rd - Tulsa, OK - Brady Theatre
November 6th - Idaho Falls, ID - Civic Auditorium
- Blabbermouth reports AVENGED SEVENFOLD singer M. Shadows and bassist Johnny Christ made an appearance earlier today (Tuesday, July 23) at the listening party for the band's sixth studio album, "Hail To The King", at the Hard Rock Café in Helsinki, Finland. Radio Rock hosted the event, which was attended by 120 lucky fans. A video interview with Shadows and Christ conducted by Radio Rock can be seen at RadioRock.fi. "Hail To The King" will be released on August 27. The long-awaited follow-up to 2010's "Nightmare" was once again produced by Mike Elizondo and is the first to be wholly written without drummer and key songwriter James "The Rev" Sullivan, who died in December 2009. Sullivan has since been replaced by Arin Ilejay, a former member of CONFIDE. AVENGED SEVENFOLD has announced the "Hail To The King" tour — a massive headlining U.S. arena tour to take place this October and the band's first full scale American tour since 2011. The run of dates will kick off in Chicago, Illinois on Thursday, October 3 and wrap up on October 26 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Supporting the band on all dates will be special guests DEFTONES and GHOST B.C. Additionally, fans of AVENGED SEVENFOLD can pre-order a special, limited-edition box set of "Hail To The King". The antique gold colored embossed foil wrapped "treasure box" will feature exclusive "Hail To The King" artwork and include a deluxe version of the album on CD with a download card to an extra bonus track, an exclusive Canvas Print, a 20-page photo book featuring photos of the band through out the years, a Death Bat Challenge Coin, Death Bat Skeleton Key, an instant download of the new single, and a download of the album on street date. Fans that purchase the box set will also receive pre-sale access to the upcoming U.S. tour. The box is available for purchase here and once they sell out no more will be made. AVENGED SEVENFOLD will celebrate the album release by playing a free show at the Hollywood Palladium on August 26.
- Blabbermouth reports SEVENDUST guitarist Clint Lowery has finished recording a new six-song EP from his HELLO DEMONS MEET SKELETONS solo project at Architekt Music studios in Butler, New Jersey. He states: "[I'm] very pleased with this EP. It's a perfect way to complete the this chapter of music for me. I think if you like HELLO DEMONS MEET SKELETONS and CALL ME NO ONE, this will be a good listen for you." In a recent online posting, Lowery stated about HELLO DEMONS MEET SKELETONS: "I don't do these projects because I'm unhappy with SEVENDUST; I do these because it enhances what I do for SEVENDUST. If I didn't do this, I'd become very closed-minded and lose an edge. I can't [sit] idle for a year and a half between some records. Some people can, but life's too short. "I'm very thankful to the small group of supporters that keep up with all the names of these projects: CALL ME NO ONE, HELLO DEMONS MEET SKELETONS and DARK NEW DAY. It seems like more activity than it really is. "Between producing, writing and touring, I am busy, but the actual tracking and creating of music is a small percentage of my year. Touring takes the win on that. I'm just thankful for an understanding wife and family, and suportive fans who dig the music and message. "I hope one day my kids listen to this music and appreciate where it came from. Even if they don't consider it 'cool,' they can at least say that dad loved making music and hopefully apply that focus to whatever it is that moves them."
- Blabbermouth reports music icon, reality TV superstar, and lifelong diabetic Bret Michaels is set to rock the streets of New York this Friday, July 26, as he performs onFox & Friends' "All American Concert Series." With a 26-year ongoing career and a catalog of hits spanning rock, pop and country, Bret truly believes music is the universal language, and this concert series is the perfect place for him to showcase his unique brand of all American music. "This has been years in the making and we are excited to finally have Bret as part of it," says a Fox representative. The show is free and fans are being told to get their spot early. The show takes place from 7 to 9 a.m. EST at the corner of 48th & 6th street. Michaels, whose current "Life Rocks" tour is in full swing, is selling out venues and breaking attendance records across the country. In the last two months, he has broken attendance records at events such as the Indy 500's Carb Day, Arlington Heights' Frontier Days Festival, and most recently Friday, July 20, in Prior Lake, Minnesota at the Lakefront Music Festival. While in direct competition with many of the region's other biggest summer music festivals this past weekend, Michaels' show drew record numbers for the event. In addition the singer drew a crowd of over 125,000 fans to Fair St. Louis' Independence Day celebration where he was honored for his ongoing philanthropic & charitable efforts. Michaels was presented the Patriot Award by members of the U.S. Military in recognition for his ongoing support of the troops, which has included trips to Iraq and Kuwait, into the actual war zones, to perform for the troops. Michaels' Life Rocks Foundation supports and helps wounded veterans as well as many other charities close to Michaels' heart. Michaels is supporting his new album, "Jammin' With Friends", which was released on June 25. His show "Rock My RV With Bret Michaels", which he not only hosts but executive produces, airs Sundays on the Travel Channel, and his brand of pet toys the Pet Rocks collection is available exclusively at PetSmart.
- Blabbermouth reports Bunim/Murray Productions, a Banijay Group company, AEG Live/AEG Network Live and Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas have announced a new documentary series, "Living With Def Leppard". The multi-episode project will take viewers into the world of iconic rock band DEF LEPPARD, capturing the "VIVA Hysteria!" concerts which took place earlier this year at The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel. The series follows the band, one that has been together since 1977 and continues to perform to fans in sold-out arenas and stadiums worldwide, both on and off the stage throughout their stay in Las Vegas. Viewers will witness the band's camaraderie and spirit, which have kept them together for 35 years despite many challenges and temptations. Bunim-Murray Productions and AEG Network Live filmed performances and documentary-style moments from the artists' own point of view, showing a side to the band, and its members, unlike any ever seen before. It is the band's story told by the band. The series also incorporates interviews with DEF LEPPARD fans, giving them the chance to tell their story of why they hold this band in such high regard and how the songs take them back to where the memories began. The docu-series has the potential to become a signature series, which will showcase multiple bands, all experienced through a similar format and storytelling technique. "The bands performing at Hard Rock Hotel boast a huge following with dedicated fans, and it's appropriate that we're kicking off this series with DEF LEPPARD, a band that boasts a long list of songs that continue to resonate with multiple generations of fans," said Jonathan Murray, Chairman of Bunim/Murray Productions. "By taking viewers inside the performance we will capture the music and the personal stories of the band members, juxtaposed with the memories of their devoted followers. By bringing together these bands, AEG and Hard Rock Hotel, we've built a team that will deliver music documentary at its best." "AEG Live is excited to be a part of this groundbreaking documentary series featuring the legendary DEF LEPPARD at one of the greatest and most intimate rock venues, The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino," said John Meglen, President and Co-CEO of Concerts West/AEG Live. "This is sure to set a precedent for a new genre of TV custom made for the ultimate rock fans." Read more at Classic Rock and Noisecreep Check out an interview with Phil Collen on weightloss
- Blabbermouth reports GREAT WHITE and co-founding member/original lead singer Jack Russell have announced that they have entered into an agreement settling their pending litigation over the GREAT WHITE name. In March, 2012, Russell sued his former bandmates Mark Kendall, Michael Lardie and Audie Desbrow over their continuing use of GREAT WHITE after Russell had taken a leave of absence from the band for medical reasons. The band countersued, and the parties have been involved in contentious litigation for the last year. After three days of closed-door mediation before U.S. Magistrate Judge Carla Woehrle, the parties reached a comprehensive agreement. While many of the terms of the agreement will remain confidential, it can be revealed that, going forward, the current GREAT WHITE band will continue to use the name GREAT WHITE and Russell will perform under the name JACK RUSSELL'S GREAT WHITE. In his original lawsuit, Russell claimed that his formed bandmates kicked him out of GREAT WHITE and stole the group's name while he was recovering from surgery to repair a perforated bowel. Kendall, Desbrow and Lardie filed a 30-page counterclaim in April 2012 in a federal court in Los Angeles accusing their former frontman of, among other things, "miss[ing] 80 performances in 18 months" before leaving the band; "irreparably damag[ing]" their "market reputation" by putting on performances that "are not up to the standard of GREAT WHITE; and misleading the public by stating that the musicians in Jack's new band "were once full members of GREAT WHITE." They also accused Russell's new bandmates of "profit[ing] from their wrongful affiliation with the GREAT WHITE brand." Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports German filmmaker Andrew Horn has set "We Are Twisted F*cking Sister!" as the title of his movie about TWISTED SISTER's club days. TWISTED SISTER guitarist Jay Jay French previously stated about the upcoming film: "Within the next year, a documentary about the history of the first 10 years of TWISTED SISTER will finally be exhibited from the filmmaker Andy Horn. "Andy has been working on this documentary for the last four years. The idea came to him after an interview with me concerning another artist named Klaus Nomi who opened for us at the Soap Factory around 1981. At that time, Andy really knew very little about us and became fascinated by the story of our long and winding road to a record deal. "While most of the world thinks that TWISTED SISTER started in 1984, there are those who know a much different story. "The band's die-hard fans in the U.K. thought the story began a couple of years earlier when Secret Records signed us in England. "There does exist, however, a subset of fans who know the real story. Those fans are from the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Those fans spent years supporting us. "Because of the sheer number of super-sized night clubs that started operating in the tri-state area around 1976, there exists a fan base that only knew us with me, Dee [Snider, vocals], Eddie [Ojeda, guitar] and for a short time bassist Ken Neill (with an assortment of changing drummers). "However, before that, TWISTED SISTER played hundreds of shows at places like the Mad Hatter in East Quouge, Mr. T's & Maxis in Wantagh, in Long Island, The Satellite Lounge, The Wreck Room, Dodd's, The Colony III, The Joker II, The Searchlite, Spruce Goose, The Capricorn and the George Inn in NJ and the Sahara located in Adams, Massachusetts. "This version, when you look at the photo history of the band, contained me and four people most of you don't know: vocalist Michael Valentine, guitarist Billy Diamond, bassist Kenny Neill and drummer Mell Starr. "Except for Kenny, these former members were either fired or left under very bad circumstances. What happened as a result of the experiences that I had with these ex members formed the basis of my management skills and taught me what to look for in future hiring. In fact, the first break up of the band in December of 1974 led to a personal crisis at the age of 22, that forever changed my life and taught me how to cope in the face of total failure both professionally and emotionally. "In short, the lessons learned over those first two years formed the basis of the future of TWISTED SISTER. without having gone through it, the band, as it exists in the hearts of millions of fans around the world, would never had existed. "To be clear, this in no way implies that Dee, Mark [Mendoza, bass], Eddie and AJ [Pero, drums] would not have found fame in their own right. These are all immensely talented musicians. I can also state that I can't see where I would have succeeded without these guys. "It was clear to me early on that the first version of the band was never going to make it. None of the members, except Kenny, had what it takes. "The lack of focus, professionalism and raw talent of the first version became obvious and the proof is that of all the original five members, only me and Kenny survived that circus. "I will say this however about the very early days of TWISTED SISTER: "Our agent worked us to death, playing 5-6 nights a week 4-5 shows per night. Some shows ended as late as 6 a.m.! "In those days, you played in one club for 3-6 night in a row. In the case of the Mad Hatter in East Quouge, we played 78 nights between May and September."
- Blabbermouth reports Don Dokken was interviewed on a recent edition of "The Classic Metal Show", which is heard live on Saturdays from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. EST at TheClassicMetalShow.com. You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below. Asked about the new music he has been working on, Don said: "I got through [making the last DOKKEN studio album] 'Broken Bones', but I wasn't sure what was gonna happen with my treatment. With chemo and readiation and my age, I thought, maybe I've had a great run, God bless everybody. You know, 30 years is a good run. A lot of bands have one hit, and then 'adios.' But I don't know. I kind of fell in love. I think my dog — I have a new dog, this little golden doodle, and he's kind of inspired me. I wanna stay home, and he goes, [does impression of dog sounds], and that means, 'Get your ass back on the road.' So I've gotta feed him. So I'm writing a new DOKKEN record. I don't know if it'll be a DOKKEN record; I'm just writing songs. I have five done. They are very uptempo. They are kind of like 'Hot For Teacher', VAN HALEN kind of very up, happy kind of, I call it arena rock. And I have six songs done [for] the [Michael] Schenker [collaboration] album. So I've got that almost wrapped up, which I procrastinated for a frickin' year on doing that. I wrote 'Faith' for Schenker a year ago, and then the little turd took the song and loved it so much that he's put it on his new album. I said, 'No no no, that's for the acoustic album.' But the new Schenker album is coming out with my song 'Faith' on it, which kind of threw me for a loop. So I'm working on the new Schenker album right now, and working on a new… I guess you would call a new DOKKEN album. I don't know. I guess I'm just working on a new album. I told Jon [Levin, DOKKEN guitarist] that [we can maybe] call it DOKKEN, but if we don't want to, I'll write all the songs and then maybe bring in [guest guitarists] like Warren DeMartini [RATT] to play a solo, and Yngwie Malmsteen, and just all these people I know. I'd love to hunt down Eddie Van Halen and get his butt over there to do it. I wanna get people like Matthias Jabs [SCORPIONS] and all these people I love... Schenker, of course, to play solos on it. That should be done in about a month. And then, basically, I'm just happy playing, and playing with my dog."
- Blabbermouth reports '80s hard rock queen Lita Ford has set "The Bitch Is Back... Live" as the title of her new live album, due on October 28 via SPV/Steamhammer. As previously reported, Ford has recruited Bobby Rock (VINNIE VINCENT INVASION, NELSON) to sit behind the kit for her shows in Australia, Europe and the U.S., as well as the recent Monsters Of Rockcruise in the Bahamas. Ford's touring drummer for much of 2012 was Scot Coogan, who has previously played with BRIDES OF DESTRUCTION, ACE FREHLEY andLYNCH MOB.
Lita's current touring lineup:
* Lita Ford - Guitar, Vocals
* Mitch Perry (MSG, ASIA, EDGAR WINTER) - Guitar
* Bobby Rock (VINNIE VINCENT INVASION, NELSON) - Drums
* Marty O'Brien (WE ARE THE FALLEN, TOMMY LEE, STATIC-X, DISTURBED) – Bass
Lita last year filmed a video for the song "Mother" in Joshua Tree, California. Directing the clip was Ford's former THE RUNAWAYS bandmateVictory Tischler-Blue, whose film "Edgeplay" was based on her tenure in the 1970s all-girl teenage rock act. "Mother" is dedicated to Lita's estranged sons, Rocco and James(father is former NITRO singer Jim Gillette). Ford's latest album, "Living Like A Runaway", was released on June 19, 2012 in North America. The effort was made available in four configurations: a double LP, limited-edition CD, standard CD and digital download. The artwork for the album was created by famed rock photographer Mark Weiss.
- Blabbermouth reports Eagle Rock has set an August 26 European release date for RAINBOW's "Black Masquerade", containing footage of the band's 1995 concert in Dusseldorf, Germany that was originally aired on WDR's (German public TV) series "Rockpalast". Due on Digital Audio, Digital Video, CD and DVD, it's one of the few known recordings of the final RAINBOW lineup, featuring guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, singer Dougie White, bassist Greg Smith, keyboardist Paul Morris, drummer Chuck Burgi and singer Candice Night. After his departure from DEEP PURPLE in 1993, Blackmore reformed RAINBOW with a new lineup and went into the studio to record the acclaimed "Stranger In Us All" album. The band then took to the road for an extensive tour which included this 1995 live concert in Dusseldorf filmed for "Rockpalast". The set features several tracks from the "Stranger In Us All" album alongside classic RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE tracks. The band is in blistering form and Ritchie Blackmore shows just why he is so revered as a guitarist. This previously unreleased show is a great addition to any RAINBOW fan's collection.
"Black Masquerade" track listing
01. Introduction 02. Spotlight Kid 03. Too Late For Tears 04. Long Live Rock 'N' Roll/Black Night 05. Hunting Humans 06. Wolf To The Moon/Difficult To Cure 07. Keyboard Solo 08. Still I'm Sad 09. Temple Of The King 10. Black Masquerade 11. Ariel 12. Since You've Been Gone 13. Perfect Strangers 14. Sixteenth Century Greensleeves 15. Hall Of The Mountain King 16. Burn 17. Smoke On The Water
- Blabbermouth reports Christian hard rockers STRYPER will release their new studio album, "No More Hell To Pay", on November 1 via Frontiers Records. "No More Hell To Pay" will include STRYPER's cover version of "Jesus Is Just Alright", a gospel song written by Arthur Reid Reynolds. STRYPER guitarist/vocalist Michael Sweet said, "It rivals our cover of EARTH, WIND & FIRE's 'Shining Star' — riffs!" "Jesus Is Just Alright" was first recorded by Reynolds' own group, THE ART REYNOLDS SINGERS, on their 1966 album, "Tellin' It Like It Is". It was later covered by THE BYRDS and THE DOOBIE BROTHERS.
"No More Hell To Pay" track listing:
01. Revelation 02. No More Hell To Pay 03. Saved By Love 04. Jesus Is Just Alright 05. The One 06. Legacy 07. Marching Into Battle 08. Te Amo 09. Sticks & Stones 10. Water Into Wine 11. Sympathy 12. Renewed
STRYPER played a brand new song, "Marching Into Battle", during their July 14 concert at The Chance in Poughkeepsie, New York. Fan-filmed video footage of the performance can be seen below. STRYPER will film two new videos and an EPK (Electronic Press Kit) in August in support of "No More Hell To Pay". The band's last three videos were shot and released in 1990 and 1991 when the band was promoting its "Against The Law" LP. Regarding the musical direction of STRYPER's new material, Michael Sweet told Screamer Magazine: "The song 'God', which is on 'The Covering'; if you took that song along with 'Bleeding From Inside Out' and 'Blackened' [from 'Second Coming'], and you put it on the same album, that's a pretty good indication of where we are going and where we are at right now. But at the same time this album is all its own." He added: "Every song has a hooky guitar riff. Everything is in minor keys, so it's a little darker sounding and a little tougher. It's definitely our heaviest record and I think people will be pleasantly surprised. "The people who do like the poppier side of STRYPER, like 'Calling On You' and 'Holding On', this record isn't going to really give them that. There are a lot of vocal hooks and melodies going on, but it's a little darker, and a little edgier. To reference, there is less songs like 'Calling On You' and more songs like 'To Hell With The Devil'. It's more in that vein than the poppier vein." Michael Sweet previously stated that the new STRYPER CD would contain "the best [songs] of our career [with] no pop or fluff musically or lyrically." He added: "I'm counting the days for its arrival and when it does arrive, it will be like a train speeding down the tracks — fast, heavy, unstoppable and loud! I get excited for every record, but I've never quite been this excited before. This record will be one for the books, and in my humble opinion, our best yet bar none. No pride here, just confidence that it's going to be great — really, really great."
- Blabbermouth reports British heavy metal singer Blaze Bayley (IRON MAIDEN, WOLFSBANE) will release a career-spanning double disc collection, "Soundtracks Of My Life", on October 31. Says Blaze: "This double-disc set contains 30 recordings that have been very important to me in my life and 30-year career. Some of the songs included have not been widely available before. I have also had time to write two new songs with Rick Plester (former BLACK SYMPHONYguitarist). The set will come with a 28-page booklet and slipcase. Artwork is by Andreas Sandberg, who also did the artwork for 'King Of Metal'. The release date is October 31st, but pre-orders are available on August 4th."
* Silver package - £15: Album signed
* Gold package - £17: Album signed + your name in CD booklet
* Platinum package - £25: Album signed + your name in CD booklet + 40-page book "Albums Of My LIfe" + your name in book + fridge magnet + button badge + certificate
There will only be 300 copies of the platinum package available. The"Albums Of My Life" book will contain rare photos, tour dates and autobiographical account of the recordings, written by Blaze. This book is only limited to the Platinum package and will not be sold separately afterwards. Metal Mind Productions recently released the two-CD version of Blaze Bayley's "Alive In Poland" (previously available only as part of the limited-edition "Alive In Poland" DVD) in Europe and North America. "Alive In Poland" was recorded in Poland in April 2007 during the 21st edition of Metalmania festival in Katowice, Poland. It features a fantastic, over-one-and-a-half-hour show during which Blaze presented the best tracks from his discography, as well as select tracks from IRON MAIDEN ("Man On The Edge", "Futureal"). Bayley's latest studio album, "The King Of Metal", was released in March 2012. The CD was recorded at Fear Studio in Ravenna, Italy. The 49-year-old Bayley, who was born in Birmingham, was the original frontman in WOLFSBANE, but left in 1994 to replace Bruce Dickinson as the lead singer of IRON MAIDEN.
- Blabbermouth reports MONSTER MAGNET will release its new album, "Last Patrol", in North America on October 15 via Napalm Records. The CD was produced by Dave Wyndorf and Phil Caivano, while "Evil" Joe Barresi (TOOL,QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, BAD RELIGION) mixed the album, with additional production duties handled by Matt Hyde. The artwork was created by Johun Sumrow with consultation coming from Chris Ryall and designs by Ryan Clark for Invisible Creatures Inc. The album will be available as a limited edition CD, standard CD, 2LP and digital format. In support of "Last Patrol", MONSTER MAGNET will embark on a full-blown North American tour. Although the band has toured Europe relentlessly over the past decade, this is MONSTER MAGNET's first full North American tour in over 10 years. Support will come from Prostheticartist ZODIAC. The tour is scheduled to kick off November 14 in Grand Rapids, Michigan and will run through December 14 in New York City. Frontman and MONSTER MAGNET mastermind Dave Wyndorf checked in with his thoughts about "Last Patrol": "'Last Patrol' is a return to our roots in terms of vibe and recording style. It's full-on psychedelic space-rock with a '60s garage feel, recorded almost exclusively with vintage guitars, amps and effects in our hometown of Red Bank, New Jersey. The songs are a kind of space-noir, tales of cosmic revenge, peaking libidos, alienation and epic strangeness. It's a weird trip through the back alleys of a dark, retro-future, which not by coincidence very much resembles my own life. [laughs] The lyrics aren't fantasy really, rather a recounting of my musings on, observations of and general emotional reaction to my life and environment during a 1 week writing period in February of 2013. But I tend to use the vernacular and imagery of science fiction and surrealism to express myself and that's where these lyrics get trippy. There's also our cover version of DONOVAN's 'Three Kingfishers', which I thought fit the mood of the album." He continued: "'Last Patrol' was produced by Phil Caivano and myself with an effort to bring a homegrown feel to the whole affair. We had been doing smaller projects out of Phil's Studio 13 recording space and I really felt comfortable there so it was the natural choice on where to record the next full-scale MONSTER MAGNET album. Phil and I grew up together and have a shared love of some very particular vintage music and styles. And everybody in the band played their asses off on this one."
"Last Patrol" track listing:
01. I Live Behind The Clouds
02. Last Patrol
03. Three King Fishers
06. Mindless Ones
07. The Duke
08. End Of Time
09. Stay Tuned
The song "The Duke" can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below. Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish metallers SABATON have set "Swedish Empire Live" as the title of their new DVD and Blu-ray, due on September 20 via Nuclear Blast. The disc is expected to include footage of the band's November 16, 2012 headlining concert at Scandinavium in Gothenburg, Sweden, along with other video material. Says SABATON: "We can tell you that we have watched this countless times and feel very proud and cannot wait to share all this with all of you. You are in for a great surprise!" SABATON's latest album, "Carolus Rex", was recently certified gold in Poland for sales in excess of 10,000 copies. The band was presented with gold plaques during their signing session in Warsaw. The CD was also certified gold in Sweden for sales in excess of 20,000 copies. (Note: The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry [IFPI] in Sweden has revised the sales requirements for albums to reach gold status in the country twice in the last 11 years — from the pre-2002 level of 40,000 to the current 20,000.) "Carolus Rex" was released on May 22, 2012 via Nuclear Blast Records. The lyrics for the CD, which was made available in both English and Swedish, deal with the Swedish Empire (referring to the Kingdom of Sweden between 1561 and 1721). SABATON last year parted ways with guitarists Oskar Montelius and Rikard Sundén, drummer Daniel Mulback and keyboardist Daniel Mÿhr.
- Blabbermouth reports German metallers PRIMAL FEAR have begun laying down drums for their next studio album for an early 2014 release via Frontiers Records. After collecting more than 30 song ideas, the band finally stripped the list down to 12 tracks.
Frontiers and PRIMAL FEAR in January announced that they have renewed their partnership for another multi-album deal, which will include two more studio releases and one live CD and DVD. PRIMAL FEAR's latest album, "Unbreakable", sold around 600 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 44 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. Released on January 24, 2012 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records, "Unbreakable" was tracked in part at House Of Music studios in Winterbach, Germany with producer/bassist Mat Sinner and engineer Achim Köhler (EDGUY, MASTERPLAN).
- Blabbermouth reports RECKLESS LOVE, the flamboyant Finnish rockers who burst spectacularly onto the UK scene in 2010, will release their third album, "Spirit", on September 2 via Spinefarm Records (August 30 in Finland through Universal Music). Produced by Ilkka Wirtanen, and with mixing duties divided between Ilkka Wirtanen, Juha Heininen and Petri Majuri, the follow-up to 2011's "Animal Attraction" represents a bold step forward for RECKLESS LOVE, with the commercial aspects of the music pushed to new and heady heights, plus the heavier side showing some serious bite, with the wonderfully titled "Metal Ass" hugging the fast lane from first note to last. Between these two extremes, RECKLESS LOVE delivers some of its most thoughtful, atmospheric and finely crafted songs to date — the likes of "Edge Of Our Dreams", "Dying To Live", "Runaway Love" and "Hot Rain".
"Spirit" track listing:
01. Night On Fire 02. Bad Lovin' 03. I Love Heavy Metal 04. Favorite Flavor 05. Edge Of Our Dreams 06. Sex, Drugs & Reckless Love 07. Dying To Live 08. Metal Ass 09. Runaway Love 10. So Happy I Could Die 11. Hot Rain 12. Die Hard (U.K. bonus track)
Meanwhile, the second single from "Spirit" has now been confirmed as "So Happy I Could Die", with a video due to be filmed in early August; this follows on from lead track/video "Night On Fire" RECKLESS LOVE plays exceptionally good rock n' roll. With its rousing and joyful attitude, the band offers a true alternative for today's rock scene where everything seems too dull, dark and serious. RECKLESS LOVE's formula is simple; big hard rock just for the fun of it! The band was founded in 2001 and started to gradually gain underground reputation as an energetic live act. Eight years of small-scale touring, two lineup changes and four demos later, the group finally took its current form and found its own recognizable sound.
- Blabbermouth reports cult thrash band PROTECTOR will release its new album, "Reanimated Homunculus", on September 13 via High Roller Records. Says the label: "PROTECTOR are one of those bands that never really got the attention they deserved. With a sound uncompromising and aggressive like burning sulphur, they should have been ranked among the bigger names in German thrash. Sure, any thrasher worth his salt heard about'Protector Of Death', 'Misanthropy', 'Golem' and 'Urm The Mad', but still, PROTECTOR never really grew beyond their underground status before they disbanded in 2003. "Now they are back, with original singer Martin Missy doing the vocal duties again. Apart from Martin, the new PROTECTOR consist of Mathias Johansson (bass; SUICIDAL WINDS), Carl-Gustav Karlsson (drums;GRIEF OF EMERALD, MASTEMA) and Michael Carlsson (guitar;MASTEMA). These Swedish chaps know exactly what they are doing, having played together as MARTIN MISSY AND THE PROTECTORS since 2006. "The resurrection of PROTECTOR began in 2011 with a demo and a split single, and now the time has come for a new full-length album. On'Reanimated Homunculus', the band returns to its roots in the early Eighties, turning away from the deathier path they used to walk in the Nineties." Missy says: "It will be a mix of brand new songs, including the first two songs I have ever written for PROTECTOR, and some songs that have already been released on the demo and the split between 2011 and 2012, and an old PROTECTOR song from 2000 that we have made our own version of. We've tried to keep it old school, to keep the raw feeling of the songs. We wanted an '80s thrash metal sound, and I hope we have succeeded with that."
- Blabbermouth reports Cleveland, Ohio doom rockers VENOMIN JAMES have announced the addition of vocalist Mike Martini (UNIFIED CULTURE, STATE OF CONVICTION, THE ALTER BOYS, MUDFOOT, SPELLCHUCKER) to the group's ranks. A new single, "Sailor's Grave", was released on July 23 viaAuburn Records and is available through iTunes, Amazon and other major digital distributors. "'Sailor's Grave' marks the beginning of the second phase of VENOMIN JAMES," says guitarist and founding member Joe Fortunato. "This is the first time Eric's [Matthews] drumming has appeared on one of our recordings, and our first collaboration with new vocalist Mike Martini. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised by the direction we're going." He continues: "This time around, we're going to be releasing a few singles instead of waiting to make an album — especially since we're amped for our fans to check out the new songs. There's no shortage of crushing riffs being thrown around at rehearsals these days, so expect more tunes very, very soon." VENOMIN JAMES parted ways with singer Jim Meador last December, citing a change in vocal direction and Meador's availability as the reasons. In a statement issued at the time, Fortunato said: "We felt like a new direction was needed. There is no ill will towards Jim, he's a natural talent and a genuinely good guy. It's not an easy thing to make this big of a change after six years, but we feel like this is the right thing for VENOMIN JAMES at this point in time. This decision wasn't taken lightly." Meador plans to continue making music, and will be seeking or forming a new project in the near future. VENOMIN JAMES, founded in 2006, is a doom metal band, known for heavy riffs and intricate musical arrangements in the vein of BLACK SABBATH and "desert rock" bands like KYUSS and UNIDA. They have released two full length albums, "Crowe Valley Blues" and "Left Hand Man", and are currently signed to Auburn Records. The band's third album, "Unholy Mountain", which was completed last fall, will be released later this year with Meador's last vocal contributions, marking the end of his tenure in the band. It will also include the final recordings of drummerJared Koston, who passed away from cancer in 2010.
VENOMIN JAMES is:
Joe Fortunato - Guitar
Tomasz Scull - Guitar
Erin Corcoran - Bass
Eric Matthews - Drums
Mike Martini - Vocals
- Blabbermouth reports Relapse Records has announced the signing of Oslo, Norway's death metal warriors OBLITERATION to a North American deal. The band's already completed new album was recorded at OBLITERATION's home studio in Kolbotn, Norway and will be released later this year by Relapse in North America and Indie Recordings in the rest of the world. Formed in 2001, OBLITERATION has released one EP (2005's "Total Fucking Obliteration") and two full-length albums (2007's "Perpetual Decay" and 2009's "Nekropsalms") to much critical acclaim in the metal underground. Combining a cosmic blend of old-school death metal mixed with the best elements of doom, punk, thrash and primitive black metal, the bandmembers have quickly built a name for themselves with their unique, repulsive style. Commented OBLITERATION vocalist/guitarist Sindre Solem: "We in OBLITERATION are extremly psyched that Relapse Records are going to handle the American release of our upcoming LP. Relapse have a long stream of quality metal releases, and their reach is vast, so we are honored, and confident that Relapse Records will do a stellar job in spreading the word of OBLITERATION. Onward hail!" OBLITERATION has made several festival appearances in the U.S. and Europe, including Maryland Deathfest, Hole In The Sky, Øya Festivalen, Live Evil, Beyond The Gates, and Killtown. The band plans to return to North America in early 2014 in support of the new record.
- Blabbermouth reports reactivated British extreme metal pioneers CARCASS will release a new single, "Captive Bolt Pistol", on August 9. The track comes off the band's comeback album, "Surgical Steel", which will be made available on September 16 in the U.K., September 13 in the rest of Europe and September 17 in North America via Nuclear Blast Records. The effort was produced by Colin Richardson (FEAR FACTORY, MACHINE HEAD,NAPALM DEATH, SLIPKNOT, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE) and mixed byAndy Sneap (MEGADETH, ACCEPT, EXODUS, ARCH ENEMY). Joining guitarist Bill Steer and bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker in CARCASS' current incarnation are new drummer Dan Wilding (ABORTED, TRIGGER THE BLOODSHED) and guitarist Ben Ash (PIG IRON, DESOLATION,LIQUEFIED SKELETON). CARCASS' first studio LP since 1996's "Swansong" will feature guest vocals from original sticksman Ken Owen. In a recent interview with Chile's Radio Futuro, Walker stated about the new CARCASS CD: "We think we've made a good album, so it's gonna be very interesting when people get to hear the record. We can't wait to see what people think." He continued: "It sounds like CARCASS. Even the drumming sounds like CARCASS. Everything about it… I think it's gonna shock people, how good it is. I think it's got all the elements that people like, yet it still sounds fresh. So that's all I can say, really, 'cause we don't really sound like any other band, and the fact that after 17 years, we wrote music and it still sounds like CARCASS, I think it's good." In a separate interview with Terrorizer magazine, Steer spoke about how the decision to record a new CARCASS studio album came about. "I found myself playing riffs that sounded like CARCASS," he said. "This was after the band had finished the whole reunion cycle of shows and festivals. So, officially, I would have been playing with other bands and stuff, but for some reason whenever I picked up a guitar at home I was coming up with riffs that sounded like CARCASS. I got on the phone to Jeff and said, 'We could have a crack at writing a couple of tunes and seeing if they're strong enough and take it from there.' We also agreed if it didn't sound like carcass or have that kind of vibe to it, we would just drop it. So that was the thing, we got together and started working on some stuff and just immediately got the excitement back very quickly." He added: "It definitely sounds like CARCASS. I think we just generally by accident captured the flavor of past music that we have done and you can't help but push it forward. We have really been creative and when you are looking at things like guitar harmonies, it's way more adventurous on this record. It's not just parallel harmony like we did in the past, things branch off in different directions. A lot of what is happening now is based on rhythms rather than actual riffs. We were discussing this a lot during record sessions about how the riff is almost dying or dead already. People spend a lot of time chugging on the bottom string [but] that's a rhythm, it's not a riff. We can't write a song, never mind an album, without it being chock-full of riffs." Stated Walker: "I'd like to feel like we are giving CARCASS fans what they want again. I'm a realist and I think Bill has realized and Dan know what people like about CARCASS. We're definitely delivering." Regarding the sound of the forthcoming CARCASS album, Walkerpreviously stated: "We've taken stylistic cues from all the albums because it's in our blood, but it's no rehash or mess of ideas. I think it sounds almost like the missing link between the third and forth albums but with some groove in there. I've jokingly christened some parts 'trad blast' and some 'death sleaze'… don't think for a minute this is just some nostalgic throwback album — we're setting up another 17 years of ideas for other bands to copy and clean up on. [laughs]" Walker on the "Surgical Steel" cover artwork: "We went back to working with Ian Tilton, who is an iconic English photographer famous for working with THE STONE ROSES," stated CARCASS bassist/vocalist Jeff Walker. "He actually did the front cover for [1991's] 'Necroticism - Descanting the Insalubrious' as well. We've deliberately tried to evoke the feeling of that album and [1993's] 'Heartwork'."
- Loudwire reports Attika 7's Rusty Coones talks anarchy, motocycles and mayhem
- Loudwire reports interview with Zakk Wylde on reuniting with long-lost guitars, whether he'll ever retire from music and more
- Loudwire reports former Bury Your Dead guitarist Eric Ellis to release solo album recorded in prison
- Loudwire reports Trivium and DevilDriver announce 2013 North American iour with After the Burial and Sylosis Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire reports Rob Zombie talks Mayhem Fest, Visual elements of his music, classic horror films and more Read more at Noisecreep
- Classic Rock posts the promo for first track "I'm Coming Home" from Houston’s second album
- Classic Rock posts the promo for track "Ain't Much Left Of Me" from southern rock outfit Blackberry Smoke's third album, The Whippoorwill
- Noisecreep posts video of Dave Mustaine signing young rocker's limited edition guitar
- Noisecreep reports A Day to Remember unveil dates for 2013 "House Party Tour"
- Noisecreep reports Sick Puppies discuss elevation of sound with "Connect" album
- Noisecreep reports Winery Dogs’ Richie Kotzen showcases Roland CUBE Lite Guitar Amp
- Rolling Stone reports Devo interrupt "Coccoon State" with new "Throbblehead" doll series
- Rolling Stone post video of Kings of Leon playing "Supersoaker" on "Fallon"
- Rolling Stone reports Thom Yorke talks about Radiohead's early years
- Rolling Stone posts a Q&A with Crazy Horse bassist Billy Talbot on Neil Young, new solo album
- Rolling Stone posts a flashback: Peter Gabriel revives a Genesis classic in 1978
- NME reports music world reacts to the birth of royal baby
- NME reports Franz Ferdinand play new tracks at "Live On Letterman" gig
- NME reports Michael Eavis on David Bowie playing Glastonbury: "I'm sure he could come back again"
- NME reports Jimmy Eat World cover Taylor Swift Read more at Billboard
- NME reports Mark Ronson confirms he has no more unheard Amy Winehouse material to release
- Blabbermouth posts video of Black Sabbath's Bill Ward discussing fine art collection
- Blabbermouth posts video of Pantera, Guns N' Roses, Ex-Whitesnake members play Kiss covers
- Blabbermouth posts the third studio webisode from Dream Theater
- Blabbermouth posts video of "On The Tour Bus" with All That Renains
- Blabbermouth posts new music from Avulsed - "Dead Flesh Awakened"
Read more quick hits at Noisecreep
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Metal Blade Re..
All That Remai..
Razor & Tie