Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports according to The Drinks Business, Robinsons Brewery has announced the production of the one millionth pint of IRON MAIDEN's Trooper beer. The brewery said the mark had been reached six months ahead of schedule — just eight weeks after Trooper was launched. This equates to over 20,000 pints of the beer being drunk every day since its launch on May 9. Robinsons' managing director Oliver Robinson said: "We are amazed to reach this mark in such a short time, a million pints already is way ahead of all rational expectations, and are grateful for the support we have had from the retailers, MAIDEN fans, real ale enthusiasts, our distributors and the beer trade generally as they were so quick to catch on to the genuine and unique quality of this beer. "This is a great showcase for our new brew house and demonstrates the sorts of volumes it is capable of producing. It's very exciting to observe Trooper as it expands across Britain and then, we fully expect, internationally. It is easily the fastest-selling new beer Robinsons have ever had, and quite possibly anyone else too." Read more at Classic Rock, Noisecreep and NME
- Blabbermouth reports British rockers THE JOKERS will release their second album, "Rock 'N' Roll Is Alive", on September 2 in Europe and September 10 in North America via Steamhammer/SPV.
"Rock 'N' Roll Is Alive" track listing:
01. Silver City (03:45)
02. Rock 'N' Roll Is Alive (02:58)
03. Radio (04:00)
04. Blood Of Ox (00:36)
05. Night Driver (03:12)
06. Let It Rock (03:15)
07. Find My Way Home (04:14)
08. Sky Line (00:35)
09. N.Y.C. (04:30)
10. Bring Your Love Back To Me (03:56)
11. Dr. Rock Head (02:28)
A snippet of the CD's first single, "Radio", which will be made available digitally on June 24, can be streamed using the SoundCloud widget below. Even if music fans on the other side of the Atlantic may beg to differ: the best and most authentic rock bands still come from the U.K. The country with its long tradition of legendary groups such as THE WHO, FREE, MOTT THE HOOPLE, THE FACES and LED ZEPPELIN continues to be an ideal breeding ground for promising acts in 2013. So it comes as no surprise that THE JOKERS also hail from the U.K. The four-piece — consisting of brothers Paul (guitar) and Simon Hurst (bass) and their two colleagues, Wane Parry (vocals) and Chris Poole (drums) — has succeeded in successfully transporting classic rock music into the present without denying the illustrious past of this musical direction or lacking a contemporary and topical approach. THE JOKERS first came to public attention in summer 2009 when their debut album, "The Big Rock' N' Roll Show", was released independently, achieving remarkable sales within a few months. Countless shows in seedy clubs and shady joints followed, the four musicians having only one target: to make THE JOKERS popular and to grow as artists. "We're a hard-working band. We like to play as often as we can and keep learning all the time," Paul Hurst explains. "Everything about THE JOKERS is honest and authentic, our sole aim is to be successful and make people happy." Over almost two years, THE JOKERS spent a total of five months working on "Rock 'N' Roll Is Alive" with producer Andy Macpherson (ERIC CLAPTON, THE WHO, BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST, THE BUZZCOCKS). The result is bound to delight all rock music fans. Hurst says: "We have grown perceptibly in the past 24 months and are now ready to present an album which bears its title with justification. Rock 'n' roll is an attitude, it stands for freedom, tolerance and self-fulfilment. 'Rock 'N' Roll Is Alive' reflects all these aspects perfectly." Adds SPV/Steamhammer A&R representative Olly Hahn: "THE JOKERS have the right feeling for melodies and together with their dry but punchy hard rock sound, it's a combination not to miss. I'm really happy that the band decided to join the SPV family!"
- Blabbermouth reports Of Power", in October via Fastball Music/Soulfood. The CD introduces the group's new lead singer, Søren Adamsen (CRYSTAL TEARS, ARTILLERY, INMORIA, TWINSPIRITS, STARRATS) from Denmark.
DIGNITY says: "We are really happy to announce that we joined forces with Fastball Music. Being with a label that believes in our music and that wants to take the next step with us really means a lot to us. For us, this album marks a new era, and our fans can expect an album that is filled to the brim with powerful music, melodic hook lines, virtuosic solo spots and atmospheric parts."
A video for the album's opening track, "Rebel Empire", was filmed last month in Germany, and will be released in early September.
* Søren "Nico" Adamsen (CRYSTAL TEARS, ARTILLERY, INMORIA, TWINSPIRITS, STARRATS) - Vocals
* Phil Porter - Guitar
* Frank Pitters - Keyboards
* John Boy Bastard - Bass
* Roland Navratil (LEAVES' EYES, ATROCITY) - Drums
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Escape Music has announced the signing of the new Anglo/Greek progressive/power metal band UNTIL RAIN. The group's new album, "Anthem To Creation", will be released on August 23. According to a press release, "these five passionate guys have performed with many artists over the years — to name a few: Jeff Martin (THE TEA PARTY), FIREWIND and PSYCHOTIC WALTZ. Musically, UNTIL RAIN sits comfortably between the melodic progressive metal of SHADOW GALLERY or CIRCUS MAXIMUS and the more epic orchestral power of SYMPHONY X or TIME REQUIEM. It's a great blend of well known facets and a unique take on the progressive metal genre with the inclusion of Greek folklore in both lyrics and melodies. This quintet is poised to take the rock world by storm with their unique brand of progressive metal." "Anthem To Creation" was mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren (OPETH, AMON AMARTH) and features the following track listing:
01. Brain Death (5:24)
02. Think Again (4:19)
03. Living Hell (5:17)
04. My Own Blood (5:05)
05. Empty Helmet (10:50)
06. 13-8 (5:02)
07. The Clang Of Shields Pt. I (6:54)
08. The Clang Of Shields Pt. II (3:25)
09. Anthem To Creation (18:21)
10. Breaking Of The 7 Seals (4:47)
11. Marionettes (9:23)
UNTIL RAIN is:
Yannis Papadopoulos - Vocals
Theodore Amaxopoulos - Guitar
Lefteris Germenlis - Keyboards
Bill Gkagkavouzis - Bass
Alex Hughes - Drums
- Blabbermouth reports Italian metallers KALEDON have announced the addition of keyboardist Paolo Campitelli to the group's ranks. KALEDON's latest album, "Altor: The King's Blacksmith", was released on April 23 via Scarlet Records. The CD was recorded at Outer Sound Studio in Rome, Italy by Giuseppe Orlando (NOVEMBRE) and it features a guest appearance by Italian vocalist Fabio Lione (VISION DIVINE, RHAPSODY OF FIRE, KAMELOT).
"Altor: The King's Blacksmith" track listing:
03. Between The Hammer And The Anvil
04. My Personal Hero
06. A New Beginning
08. Screams In The Wind
09. A Dark Prison (feat. Fabio Lione)
The video for the song "Childhood" can be seen below. KALEDON's best-of album, "Mightiest Hits", was released in January via Scarlet Records.
- Blabbermouth reports ALMAH — the Brazilian metal band led by former ANGRA singer Eduardo "Edu" Falaschi — has set "Unfold" as the title of its fourth album, due later this year. The CD is currently being recorded in São Paulo, Brazil's Do It! Studio — the new facility established by Edu and Tito Falaschi. The cover artwork for the effort was designed by Nathalia Suellen (LADY SYMPHONIA), an internationally recognized digital artist from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil who has previously worked with musicians, writers, publishing houses such as DARK MOOR, Random House, Penguin Group, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, McCann Erickson, Scholastic and Harry N. Abrams Books. On September 19, ALMAH will perform at one of the most influential music festivals in the world, Rock In Rio.
ALMAH 2013 is:
Edu Falaschi - Vocals
Marcelo Barbosa - Guitar
Marcelo Moreira - Drums
Gustavo Di Padua - Guitar
Raphael Dafras - Bass
ALMAH's third studio album, "Motion", was released in Europe in October 2011 via AFM Records. The CD was recorded in May-June 2011 at Norcal Studios in São Paulo, Brazil and was mixed and mastered in July 2011 at Split Second Sound Studios in Amsterdam, Netherlands by Jochem Jacobs (TEXTURES).
- Loudwire posts Happy 4th of July – Rockers celebrate on Twitter
- Classic Rock reports terminally-ill guitarist Wilko Johnson’s portrait hung outside Southend pub by locals
- Noisecreep reports former Wolfmother frontman Andrew Stockdale unveils 2013 U.S. solo tour
- Rolling Stone posts a Q&A with Talking Heads and Tom Tom Club's Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth on their Rock & Roll marriage
- Billboard reports what Gotye did next - The Basics’ "So Hard For You"
- NME reports Blur play first ever gig in Poland as they headline day one of Open'er Festival
- NME reports Daft Punk to release their own action figures in December
- NME reports Oasis albums to arrive on Spotify "very soon"
- NME reports guitar played by Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page sold at auction for £26,500
- NME reports Morrissey "almost died" earlier this year as he battled health problems
- Blabbermouth posts more footage from Sepultura in the studio
- Blabbermouth posts audio samples from the entire new Deadlock album
- Blabermouth posts new music videos from Decapitated - "404"
- Blabbermouth posts new interviews with Robert Trujillo of Metallica on Fender and legendary "Bass Of Doom", Bumblefoot on new Guns 'N' Roses music, Five Finger Death Punch singer on Rob Halford collaberation (Read more at Noisecreep), Dave Mustaine from Megadeth on being violent in the wrong headspace, Rob Zomie guitarist John 5, Megadeth, Scott Rockenfield of Queensryche, former W.A.S.P. gutarist Chris Holmes, Down's Philip Anselmo and Pepper Keenan, Killswitch Engage drummer, Symphony X frontman, Huntress frontwoman, Kamelot guitarist, Butcher Babies, Darkest Hour, Dan Swanö from Witherscrape, Arsis, Kreator guitarist Sami Yli-Sirnio, Amon Amarth frontman, Jon Oliva and Tobias Sammet on Avantasia and the future of Edguy
- Blabbermouth posts performance formance from Slipknot in Rosklide, Voivod joined by Jason Newsted and Philip Anselmo at France's Hellfest, King Diamond in Tuska and Fear Factory doing the non-Dino Cazares-era song "Archetype" in Brisbane
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Teenage Time K..