Stone Sour and Slipknot frontman Corey Taylor has set up several book-signing events to promote the release of his new book, A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Heaven (Or, How I Made Peace With The Paranormal And Stigmatized Zealots And Cynics In The Process). The book will arrive on July 15th from Da Capo Press and follows up 2011's Seven Deadly Sins: Settling The Argument Between Born Bad And Damaged Good, which made the New York Times non-fiction best seller list and came out last year in paperback with additional material.
- Taylor recently said about A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Heaven, "It's me trying to figure out how I can have this deep belief in the supernatural and the paranormal and stuff like that and yet I am still a pretty vocal atheist, you know? So it's me trying to find a new way to figure out what these things are."
- Taylor elaborated that he doesn't think the book will please everybody: "It's essentially about all the experiences I've had with the paranormal, like ghosts and whatnot, and it was designed specifically to piss a lot of people off, to be honest, and I think it's really gonna do that. I've had more lawyers come back to me and go, 'Oooh, we don't know if you can say that,' and I've basically said, 'I don't care. Just keep it in.'"
- Confirmed Corey Taylor book-signing events (subject to change):
July 16 - Ridgewood, NJ - Bookends (6 PM)
July 17 - Smithtown, NY - Fourth World Comics (4 PM, comic signing) / Book Revue (7 PM, book signing)
July 19 - West Hollywood, CA - Book Soup (7 PM)
July 20 - San Diego, CA - Camp Pendleton (11 AM, book/comic signing)
CHECK IT OUT: Here's a video of Taylor reading an excerpt from the book:
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Did you read Taylor's last book? Will you pick up this one as a result?
- Taylor's recorded three albums with another band and written two books in the past three years, but says he's still too broken up over the bass player's death to record with Slipknot. Does it sound like he's grieving that hard?
- Would you go see him read from his book? Why or why not?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
The Judge wrote: "Taylors ego is out of control and Clown can't direct traffic so Clown should make a movie out of one of Taylor's books and in doing so could create the worst piece of art' of all time."
lardo5150 wrote: "Mainstream success is what he wants REALLY bad. And what is sad is he is doing everything he can to be it."
Thorley wrote: "My niece bought the book at Download, I read the first chapter. The book is terrible. Boring, clumsy, rambling prose."
BloodBong wrote: "I'm not sure if it's possible, but that has to be the most pretentious title for a book possible. It's proof his ego is insanely inflated."
Stone Sour's Corey Taylor On His New Book
Read more at Blabbermouth and Noisecreep
Check out a reading at Blabbermouth, Loudwire, Classic Rock and Noisecreep