Subscribe to channel
- Halestorm make an appearance -- their gaming debut -- during the feature demonstration for the upcoming video game Bandfuse: Rock Legends. The game enables players to connect guitar, bass and microphones into various consoles and jam on tracks from such artists as Five Finger Death Punch, Pantera, Judas Priest, Pearl Jam, the Strokes, Heart and Slash. The demonstration clip was unveiled at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) this week and features the music video of Halestorm's "'Love Bites (So Do I)" as it interfaces with the actual game. The game is set for release later this year on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. (Noisecreep) Check out an interview with Lzzy Hale at Blabbermouth
- Kings Of Leon and the Flaming Lips, both comprised of Oklahoma natives, will headline a tornado relief concert on July 23rd in Oklahoma City as part of relief efforts for those affected by the devastating twisters that struck the state in May. The "Rock For Oklahoma" benefit will also include appearances from Jackson Browne, Built To Spill and others. Kings Of Leon bassist Jared Followill said in a statement, "We couldn't be more proud to lend a hand to our home state. We were all devastated by what happened there . . . we have family and friends that were affected by the tornadoes . . . this is the least we could do." Tickets for "Rock for Oklahoma" go on sale Friday (June 14th). (Rolling Stone)
- Washington state's Sasquatch! Festival will expand to two weekends next year, with the event scheduled to take place from May 23rd to the 25th and July 4th to the 6th at the Gorge Amphitheatre in George, Washington. Unlike other recently expanded festivals like Coachella and Austin City Limits, each weekend of Sasquatch! will feature completely different lineups. Last month's show featured sets from Vampire Weekend, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Mumford And Sons, the Postal Service, Imagine Dragons and many more. (Diffuser)
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Halestorm's "Love Bites" on the Bandfuse feature demonstration:
- Blue October will release its seventh studio album, titled Sway, on August 20th, with a 45-city tour in support of the disc launching on September 4th in New Orleans. The tour will be preceded by several in-store appearances/acoustic performances as well as a CD release show, all in the band's native Texas. The new disc follows 2011's Any Man In America. Blue October is best known for its 2006 gold album Foiled, which featured the hit "Hate Me."
- Blabbermouth reports bsefore signing off each night, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper concludes his show "AC360" with a segment called "The RidicuList", during which he comments on some trivial bit of news or pop culture. Thursday night's (June 13) edition of "The RidicuList" focused on a heavy metal song dedicated to Anderson Cooper himself. "Like 'Uptown Girl' and 'Tiny Dancer' before me, I, Anderson Cooper, am now the subject of a soulful ballad," the CNN host revealed. "The name of the song? Well, it's called 'Anderson Cooper', which, let's be honest, has a certain understated charm, much like myself, if I do say so myself. But the band's name is CRYPTIC MURMURS, and I think the song really captures my easy-going essence." Cooper proceeded to play parts of the song, which features such screamed-out lyrics as "CNN cyborg" and "Has never lost his composure... ever... not even once... Usually has a stern look on his face... Stands in the middle of hurricanes." "Eat your heart out, METALLICA, take note, Wolf Blitzer, because I shall henceforth be known as Anderson Cooper, CNN cyborg," Coopersaid on Thursday. "I'm not quite sure that is a compliment, but let's face it, I've been called worse." Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports Entertainment Daily News spoke to SLAYER guitarist Kerry King on the red carpet of this year's Kerrang! Awards, which was held last night (Thursday, June 13) at London, England's Troxy Club. You can watch the short chat below. Asked what it's like being honored with the "Kerrang! Legend Award" without founding SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who passed away last month, King said: "Coming to something like this wasn't really his spiel; he wasn't an awards-show kind of guy. He wanted to be the quiet guy doing his thing at the hotel. But, you know, he's gonna be in everybody's thoughts for a long time. It's unfortunate you can't keep unfortunate things from happening. But, you know, we're gonna carry on, and he'll be there in spirit." It was announced on May 30 by SLAYER's Tom Araya (bass, vocals) and Kerry King (guitar) that Paul Bostaph would be behind the drum kit for the first leg of the band's 2013 international tour. EXODUS' Gary Holt is continuing to fill in for fallen guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who died on May 2 from alcohol-related cirrhosis of the liver. Bostaph was SLAYER's drummer from 1992 until 2001 and recorded four albums with the band — the gold-certified "Divine Intervention" (1994), the 1996 punk covers album "Undisputed Attitude", "Diabolus In Musica" (1998), "God Hates Us All" (2001) that received a Grammy nomination for "Best Metal Performance", as well as the DVD "War At The Warfield" (2001), also certified gold. In addition to SLAYER, Bostaph has been a member of FORBIDDEN, EXODUS, SYSTEMATIC and TESTAMENT. SLAYER's 2013 itinerary will have the band playing 35 dates that will include headline shows as well as a number of major summer festivals in Europe, Eastern Europe and South America between June and October. "Paul's a great drummer and a good friend, and we're very happy that he's decided to rejoin the band," said Araya. "We're still pretty numb from the loss of Jeff, but we don't want to disappoint our European and South American fans, and we need to begin moving forward... Having Paul back in the band makes that a whole lot easier." Original SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo sat out the band's recent Australian tour due to a contract dispute with the other members of the group. Filling in for him was Jon Dette (TESTAMENT, ANTHRAX).
- Blabbermouth reports California thrash metal veterans SLAYER were honored with the "Kerrang! Legend Award" at this year's Kerrang! Awards, which was held last night (Thursday, June 13) at London, England's Troxy Club. The award was accepted by SLAYER guitarist Kerry King, who gave a short speech, saying: "Before SLAYER, I would go to the mom-and-pop stores — that's what we had back then; we didn't have the Internet — and I got one of the, probably first five Kerrang!s ever, and I still have it today." He continued: "In a day of dying magazines, Kerrang! still exists. I've got all those ones from way back when, I've got all the ones SLAYER was in. And that's pretty cool; you can't really say that anymore. "But anyway, thanks to Kerrang! again.
"SLAYER is alive and strong, and we will see you on the road." Video highlights from last night's event, including Kerry's speech, can be seen below. Asked what it's like being honored with the "Kerrang! Legend Award" without founding SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who passed away last month, King told Entertainment Daily News: "Coming to something like this wasn't really his spiel; he wasn't an awards-show kind of guy. He wanted to be the quiet guy doing his thing at the hotel. But, you know, he's gonna be in everybody's thoughts for a long time. It's unfortunate you can't keep unfortunate things from happening. But, you know, we're gonna carry on, and he'll be there in spirit." It was announced on May 30 by SLAYER's Tom Araya (bass, vocals) and Kerry King (guitar) that Paul Bostaph would be behind the drum kit for the first leg of the band's 2013 international tour. EXODUS' Gary Holt is continuing to fill in for fallen guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who died on May 2 from alcohol-related cirrhosis of the liver.
Bostaph was SLAYER's drummer from 1992 until 2001 and recorded four albums with the band — the gold-certified "Divine Intervention" (1994), the 1996 punk covers album "Undisputed Attitude", "Diabolus In Musica" (1998), "God Hates Us All" (2001) that received a Grammy nomination for "Best Metal Performance", as well as the DVD "War At The Warfield" (2001), also certified gold. In addition to SLAYER, Bostaph has been a member of FORBIDDEN, EXODUS, SYSTEMATIC and TESTAMENT. Original SLAYER drummer Dave Lombardo sat out the band's recent Australian tour due to a contract dispute with the other members of the group. Filling in for him was Jon Dette (TESTAMENT, ANTHRAX).
- Blabbermouth reports MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine tells Billboard.com in a new interview that he wanted to steer the lyrical themes on the band's new album, "Super Collider", away from both domestic and global politics that have dominated much of the group's output over the years. "I thought it's just not the same climate anymore where you can really talk about stuff like that," he explains. "People are so polarized they'll chuck a musician that they really like because of them being a Democrat or them being a Republican or whatever. I'm not a partisan guy, and I seem to always get lumped in as a Republican, which I'm not. So I was trying to walk away from all this controversy and stuff that seems to follow me and let the music do the talking." "Super Collider", which sold 29,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to land at position No. 6 on The Billboard 200 chart, focuses "a little bit more [on] human politics, like my mother-in-law having Alzheimers and things like that," Mustaine says. "Not everybody watches the news, so when you tell somebody that this is going on, that's going on, this guys is part of a cover-up, this guy is a philanderer, they don't want to hear it. But if you say, 'Hey, my mother-in-law has Alzheimers or something they might have going on in their life, too, all of a sudden you've got that bond. So I figured I would write about what goes on inside my heart instead of inside my head this time, and I think it really came across that way." "Super Collider" arrived in stores on June 4 via Dave Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, distributed by Universal Music Enterprises (UMe). The album is available as a limited-edition CD with 3-D cover and bonus tracks, regular CD, regular LP, limited LP plus a bonus colored seven-inch single with two bonus tracks, and a download voucher. "Super Collider" is MEGADETH's first release since the band's recent split with Roadrunner Records. MEGADETH filmed a video for the "Super Collider" title track on May 10 in the Los Angeles area. California-based model, actress, singer and songwriter Hunter Elizabeth was cast in the lead role in the clip, which she says is "about a high-school couple still loving each other after all the years after graduation, and at the 10-year reunion, both characters find themselves successful (a model and a mathematician) and still very in love." Read more at Billboard
- Blabbermouth reports The autobiography of David Ellefson, co-founder and bassist of 11-time Grammy-nominated heavy metal titans MEGADETH, will be made available on October 29 via Howard Books. Ellefson's memoir, "My Life With Deth", chronicles the story of Ellefson's fall into addiction during the band's early years, followed by his subsequent recovery and the return to faith which championed the band's rise to fame over the past several decades. The book was written with Joel McIver, the bestselling author of 21 books on rock music, and features a foreword by Alice Cooper. World rights to "My Life With Deth" were sold to Philis Boultinghouse at Howard Books by agent Lisa Gallagher at Sanford J. Greenburger Associates. Since 1983, the celebrated metal band MEGADETH has sold more than 20 million albums, received eleven Grammy nominations, and built a fan base of millions. Still going strong, they recently toured the world with METALLICA, ANTHRAX and SLAYER. Now, in "My Life With Deth", Ellefson tells the whole behind-the-scenes story of the band and his personal journey from suffering to salvation. At first glance, Ellefson's history reads like a how-to manual of excess, from hardcore drugs to X-rated debauchery. But Ellefson goes much deeper, taking us on a gripping journey from his Lutheran upbringing as a Minnesota farm boy, through the culture shock he experienced when he arrived in Los Angeles and entered the music industry, to his drug-fueled MEGADETH days, and finally how he beat his addictions and embarked on a path of sobriety and faith, entering a new life of Christian devotion. Today, studying to become a Lutheran pastor, Ellefson presides over MEGA Life! Ministries, a foundation that reaches hundreds of churchgoers every week. Ellefson says: "My autobiography is not the usual tale of rock 'n' roll woe, but rather something I hope will truly inspire people. I have dedicated my life to my craft, and I wanted to share the story of how a kid with a bass guitar and the dream of rock stardom literally risked it all to move from the farm in Minnesota to Los Angeles, and with a lot of hard work, sacrifice and a little luck along the way, made the dream come true. I think the readers will enjoy the stories, as well as the hardships, of this way of life as a musician and artist. I've been very open about my life's obstacles and the means by which I overcame them. Now, my hope is that this story will inspire others to follow their dreams and really live out the purpose for their lives, too.” The book features contributions from Kerry King (SLAYER), Scott Ian (ANTHRAX), Ellefson's current bandmate in MEGADETH Shawn Drover and also former colleagues Chris Poland and Marty Friedman. In addition to numerous gold and platinum records, David is the author of the book "Making Music Your Business" and has two metal bass guitar instructional DVDs through Rock House Method entitled "Metal Bass Vol. 1" and "Vol. 2". He is also a featured bass clinician, keynote speaker and panelist on the subject of music and the music industry. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports Brazilian/American thrashers SEPULTURA have reunited with producer Ross Robinson (KORN, LIMP BIZKIT, SLIPKNOT to record the band's next album, tentatively due in October via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD is currently being tracked at Robinson's studio in Venice, California and is being co-produced by Steve Evetts, who previously worked with SEPULTURA on the "Nation" (2001), "Revolusongs" (2002) and "Roorback" (2003) albums, in addition to having collaborated with Ross on a number of other projects in the past. In the latest entry in the ongoing studio diary on the web site of the Brazilian newspaper Diario de Pernambuco, SEPULTURA guitarist Andreas Kisser writes: "We were preparing to record the second guitar when Ross received a message on his phone. He was really excited about it so he stopped everything to tell us what was going on: Dave Lombardo, the one and only ex-drummer from SLAYER, also plays with Mike Patton on FANTOMAS, was real close to the studio with his kids and his dog enjoying some time at the beach, Ross asked if he would like to come to the studio and jam something on our album and he said YES! We were so excited, we could not believe that one of our great idols was ready to be a part of our new album. "He came and it was so nice, so special, so awesome! He is one of the nicest guys in business and he enjoyed the idea a lot. Ross and Mike prepared two drum sets on the living room, facing each other, no cymbals, just tribal drums! When the mics were all ready and running Eloy and Dave started playing and the magic was on, so great! The part they recorded will be a special part on the middle of one of the songs, it came out crazy! "We just have to thank Mr. Lombardo and his family for this opportunity. Thank you Dave, we will never forget this, it's a real honor to have you on the album!" SEPULTURA's upcoming CD will mark the first time the band will have recorded an album outside Brazil since "Against". The reunion between SEPULTURA and Robinson was first suggested by Monte Conner, the former Roadrunner Records A&R chief who is now the head of Nuclear Blast Entertainment, a U.S. partnership with Nuclear Blast owner Markus Staiger. Robinson produced SEPULTURA's classic "Roots" album in 1995. Released in February 1996 by Roadrunner, it was the band's last studio album to feature founding member and vocalist Max Cavalera. "Roots" sold more than 2 million copies worldwide and was certified gold in the United States by the Recording Industry Association Of America (RIAA) for sales in excess of 500,000 units. SEPULTURA has spent most of the past two years on tour in support of its 12th studio album, and Nuclear Blast Records debut, "Kairos", which hit stores in July 2011.
- Blabbermouth reports Canadian metal veterans ANNIHILATOR will release their 14th studio album, "Feast", on August 23 in Europe and August 27 in North America via UDR. The deluxe eco-book version will also feature a bonus CD containing 15 of the best ANNIHILATOR songs re-recorded in 2012... a grand total of 24 songs in one package... with a 3D cover! ANNIHILATOR mainman Jeff Waters and his bandmates tear through each release with honest, raw power and energy, along with excellent technical skill, giving the metal world the most-tasteful mixtures of huge, metal riffs with the idea of the perfect song and some legendary solo shredding as the icing on the cake. That's why Jeff and ANNIHILATOR have been a major influence on countless well-known metal acts and musicians around the world. Tours with everyone from JUDAS PRIEST to PANTERA to TRIVIUM, plus dozens of headlining tours and festivals around the world, have been going on steady since 1989 for this band; no rest as the demand for this band never ends. ANNIHILATOR has been touted as one of the best live acts in metal music. High-end musicianship, tight playing and massive energy and fun are what these lads are known for. Their music? Honest, melodic thrash and heavy metal, combined with traces of blues, classical and jazz. Hell, there is even some death and punk in there, too.
Says Waters: "We truly are among the few bands with a long history that have always waved the flag for honesty, integrity and perseverance in this hard-edged category of music."
"Feast" track listing
01. Deadlock 02. No Way Out 03. Smear Campaign 04. No Surrender 05. Wrapped 06. Perfect Angel Eyes 07. Demon Code 08. Fight The World 09. One Falls, Two Rise
Bonus disc: "Re-Kill" (best of ANNIHILATOR, re-recorded in 2012)
01. Fun Palace 02. Alison Hell 03. King Of The Kill 04. Never, Neverland 05. Set The World On Fire 06. Welcome To Your Death W.T.Y.D. 07. Nozone 08. Bloodbath 09. 21 10. Stonewall 11. Ultra Motion 12. Time Bomb 13. Refresh The Demon 14. Word Salad 15. Brain Dance
"Feast" will be made available in the following formats:
* Limited-edition eco-book + bonus disc "Re-Kill" (best of ANNIHILATOR, re-recorded in 2012) * CD jewel case * LP gatefold * Digital download * D2C fan-package
ANNIHILATOR touring lineup:
Jeff Waters - Guitar, Vocals Dave Padden - Lead Vocals Mike Harshaw - Drums Alberto Campuzano - Bass
- Blabbermouth reports Washington, D.C. metallers DARKEST HOUR have inked a worldwide deal with Sumerian Records. The band's new full-length album will be released in 2014. Comments the band: "To say that Sumerian Records and label owner Ash Avildsen are big supporters of this band would be a huge understatement. We have been proud to call Ash our friend since our early years and this friendship has flourished greatly since then via our relationship with his sister company, The Pantheon Booking Agency. "When you start a band, you dream that one day you can do what you love with great friends and family around you. Now it all seems to have come full circle. With the good people at Outerloop Management, Sumerian Records and the Pantheon Agency, we finally feel right at home. Every aspect of the group is being handled by long-time trusted friends and is in reliable hands. This safe haven has given us the shelter we need to put together a life-changing new album. "Before we could see it coming, we've been thrust out of Oceanic Studios (where we've been working with producer Taylor Larson) and back out on the road. "Please come see us live with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE if we're coming to your city and it will also be our first tour with new drummer Travis Orbin. "As soon as we get home, we'll be back to the hermit life in the studio where we can finish up this album. "To our brother Ash, Sumerian and all of you out there, here's a huge cheers to 2014, a new DARKEST HOUR album and the future." Adds Ash Avildsen: "DARKEST HOUR are some of the best dudes I have ever met in music. They're also one of the most underrated bands in metal and Sumerian is here to change that. Their influential debut album, 'The Mark Of The Judas', which never saw the real light of day due to their label at the time going under the day it came out, will finally get a proper release this fall, along with a new studio record. D.C. pride." DARKEST HOUR is currently on tour throughout North America with KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, MISS MAY I and THE WORD ALIVE. Read more at Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports Michael "Schumi" Schumacher, a musicologist at the University Of Cologne and longtime TANKARD fan, has penned the German alcoholic thrashers' first official biography called "Life In Beermuda", featuring many photos and commentary from musicians from all over the world. Says TANKARD: "Our biography/book will be only published in German. If the demand for an English version is big enough, there might be a chance for an English version too, though." The 208-page "Life In Beermuda" book will be published in the fall by Nicole Schmenk Publishing. TANKARD's 30th-anniversary album, "A Girl Called Cerveza", was released in July 2012 via the band's new label home, Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Studio 23 in Frankfurt with producer Michael Mainx (ONKELZ, DER W, DISBELIEF, D-A-D).
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish metal titans WOLF have launched their own Wolf label absinthe. The Scandinavian four-piece are longtime patrons of absinthe (indeed it is their favourite tipple on the road) and even wrote a song (see video below) dedicated to the infamous drink on their most recent album, "Legions Of Bastards", so it was only a matter of time before they got their claws into their own Wolf label absinthe. This, alongside their ferocious Wolf's Blood hot sauce (666 on the Scoville scale, naturally), deserves a special place in your metal hearts! The Wolf Absinthe is manufactured by Sankta Annas Bränneri AB, Sweden, and can be ordered from www.absinthes.com. WOLF in 2011 parted ways with guitarist Johannes "Axeman" Losbäck and replaced him with Simon Johansson (ABSTRAKT ALGEBRA, BIBLEBLACK, MEMORY GARDEN). Simon previously played with WOLF in 2009 when they supported W.A.S.P. for four shows. WOLF's sixth album, "Legions Of Bastards", was released in April 2011 via Century Media Records. The follow-up to 2009's "Ravenous" was produced by Pelle Saether at Studio Underground in Vasterås, Sweden. The cover artwork was once again created by Thomas Holm (the man who was responsible for the legendary MERCYFUL FATE "Melissa" and "Don't Break The Oath"covers).
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish death metallers SOREPTION will release their second album, "Engineering The Void", later in the year via Ninetone Records. The follow-up to 2010's "Deterioration Of Minds" was recorded, mixed and produced by Tommy Rehn at Ninetone Studios. The CD cover artwork was created by Raphael Gabrio of Insane Visions and can be seen below.
"Engineering The Void" track listing:
01. Reveal The Unseen 02. The Nature Of Blight 03. Breaking The Great Narcissist 04. A Speech To Survival 05. Utopia 06. Monumental Burden 07. I Am You 08. Engineering The Void
A teaser for the album is available below. ormed in 2005, "SOREPTION unleash their surgically precise and unique, razorsharp voilence with technically and artistically advanced riffs topped off with in-your-face brutal vocals, leaving the listener nothing short of stunned and ready to bow down to the mature display of how death metal should be played," according to a press release.
Fredrik Söderberg - Vocals Anton Svedin - Guitars Stefan Nordlander - Session Guitarist Rickard Persson - Bass Tony Westermark- Drums
- Blabbermouth reports Finnish "battle metal" warriors TURISAS will release their new album, "Turisas2013", on August 26 in Europe and on September 3 in North America. The CD was once again produced by vocalist Mathias Nygård and the majority of the album was recorded by Nygård and guitarist Jussi Wickström in a remote house outside of Helsinki that served as the "Turisas2013" command center and headquarters. Additional recordings were done in three other studios: the drums at Atomic Spa Studio and orchestral recordings at 5 by 5 Studio, both in Helsinki. A lot of vocals and numerous additional acoustic elements were laid down at Sound Supreme Studio in Hämeenlinna where TURISAS also recorded "The Varangian Way" and "Stand Up And Fight". With "Turisas2013", TURISAS deliberately aimed for a more organic sound. Comments Nygård: "When it comes to the production, it's just the opposite of the polished and massive 'Stand Up And Fight'. It's raw and dry and in your face, but still maintaining that TURISAS largeness. "People attest us that we are a great live band, and we wanted the album to be based more around that than orchestral massiveness. It's our most varied record to date and even if some of the songs sound very different, I think the common thread is that every single one has a lot of energy to it." The mix and mastering was done by London-based producer Jaime Gomez Arellano, who previously worked with GHOST, PRIMODIAL and ULVER, just to name a few. TURISAS will make select European festival appearances during the summer and will promote "Turisas2013"by embarking on an extensive European tour. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports DEATH DEALER, the new band featuring MANOWAR and the DICTATORS guitarist Ross "The Boss" Friedman alongside vocalist Sean Peck (CAGE), guitarist Stu Marshall (producer and guitarist for such voices as Udo Dirkschneider and Steve Grimmett), bassist Mike Davis (HALFORD, LIZZY BORDEN), and drummer Kenny "Rhino" Earl (MANOWAR), will play its first-ever live shows on a string of dates in Southern California and one in Mexicali, Mexico. DEATH DEALER's debut album, "War Master", was released in Japan on June 12 via Rubicon Records and in the rest of the world on June 13 through Steel Cartel Records. Says Ross: "We planned to get together and do some dates for a while now and it is finally happening. "I am ready to wreck some stages with these songs! "I really look forward to getting the band together in the live setting. Not since the MANOWAR days have I been this fired up to jam. "People are really responding to this record and this new group. The fans who already have the record have been posting some fantastic, real reaction to it. It has really been great so far."
DEATH DEALER tour dates:
July 05 - Ramona, CA @ Ramona Mainstage July 06 - Mexicali, Mexico @ Mexicali Metal Fest July 07 - Holtville, CA @ Hot Rods and Beer July 09 - Hollywood, CA @ The Roxy
"The DEATH DEALER sound is a mighty combination of five very talented, seasoned musicians," explained Ross. "It's classic power metal with the brutal edge of thrash, speed, and precision." Formed last year via correspondence over the Internet, as soon as work commenced on the material, Ross knew he had met his metallic match. "Well, after they sent the first tune over, I was blown away, then Stu and Sean tell me they want me to join this band, called DEATH DEALER. I say, 'Who else is in the band? They say, 'Rhino on drums.' I'm in! Stu goes, 'It was either you or we would have asked KK Downing to be on guitar.' Wow!" As evidenced by such tunes as "Death Dealer", "Never to Kneel" and "The Devil's Mile", for fans of authentic, no-holds-barred, manly heavy metal, "War Master" is an absolute godsend. And soon, DEATH DEALER will be converting metalheads worldwide to their cause. "Our future plans? Obviously to put DEATH DEALER on the worldwide metal map, and to engage large crowds and render them shocked and satisfied," said Ross.
For more information, visit www.deathdealer.co.
- Blabbermouth reports Boston black metal manglers INFERA BRUO have announced the imminent release of their sophomore album, entitled "Desolation Unknown". This mind-melting collection of vicious extreme metal prophecies will be available on CD and digital formats on July 1, and in keeping with the band's fierce independent streak, will be handled by the culprits themselves. INFERA BRUO formed in late 2009 when and feature the considerable talents of past and current members of TRAP THEM, PILLORY, VIRULENCE, and more; members Germanicus, Adroth, Neutrino and Galen have cut their teeth on everything from '70s art punk and post rock to progressive jazz-infused grindcore, epic black metal, and technical death metal, and their schizophrenic skill sets rear their ugly heads in their latest project's multi-faceted approach to extremity. Fans of ENSLAVED, ANAAL NATHRAKH, BLUT AUS NORD and early OPETH, take note! INFERA BRUO released a self-titled album in 2011 that was recorded at Massachusetts' Studio G by Galen and mastered by Alan Douches at West West Side Music. The record was a blend of dark melodies, atmosphere and electronics and was well-received by media outlets. The band played numerous live shows in the New England area in support of the release, then hit the studio once more at the dawn of 2012 to record a follow-up. The album was once again recorded and mixed by Galen and mastered by Brad Boatright at Audiosiege Engineering. "Desolate Unknown" continues the musical path of the self-titled release while foraging into new territories of sound.
- Blabbermouth reports Reformed industrial metal pioneers GODFLESH will embark on a short U.S. tour in October.
Confirmed dates are as follows:
Oct. 18 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre Of Living Arts Oct. 19 - New York City, NY – Irving Plaza Oct. 20 - Boston, MA @ Royale w/Prurient Oct. 22 - Chicago, IL @ Metro w/Prurient Oct. 24 - Seattle, WA @ Neumos Oct. 25 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre Oct. 26 - Oakland, CA @ Metro Opera House Oct. 27 - Los Angeles, CA @ Fonda Theatre Oct. 29 - Austin, TX @ Mohawk
In a recent interview with Shoot Me Again, GODFLESH's Justin Broadrick stated about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's new album: "We've written half of it. We've got half of the album… Nothing is finished whatsoever. It's really minimal, unforgivably brutal, but really psychedelic. Erm... I think ultimately, it's just really minimal. It's just reduced. It's like the early GODFLESH records where it's essentially heavy metal reduced of all of its bullshit. It's heavy metal strict to its absolute basic core of just pure rhythm, without any of the attitude, the ego, the fulliness, the progressiveness, none of that. It's just utterly reduced to blocks of sound and for me it's getting back to the roots of why I made this music. Because it's not based on any form of technical ability, it's not based on some fucking JUDAS PRIEST record. It's trying to capture something pure again.
"Reforming GODFLESH is mainly getting back to feeling like that confused child again, which I have done all the fucking time, but it just reminds me of how important it is to make something that feels like it is so connected to you and so a part of your entire physicality and everything in your head." GODFLESH's seminal debut full-length album, 1989's "Streetcleaner", was remastered and reissued in a deluxe digipak in Europe on June 21, 2010 and in North America on August 10, 2010 via Earache Records. "Streetcleaner" was GODFLESH's second release, proving to be one of the band's finest and most recognized albums and helping them to become one of the most influential industrial bands ever. Now "Streetcleaner" was brought up to date as a special expanded version, with all tracks remastered by GODFLESH founding member Justin Broadrick. The album also includes a bonus disc featuring 12 previously unreleased live tracks, alternate mixes and demos, and comes housed in a deluxe multi-panel digipak with detailed liner notes.
- Blabbermouth reports Norwegian black metallers SATYRICON are putting the finishing touches on their ninth, self-titled studio album for a September release. Comments SATYRICON frontman Sigurd "Satyr" Wongraven: "I'm about to start my last day in the studio! I had my first February 2nd, so it has been a while, you could say. "I know I might have to a day of recalls (minor adjustments) and there is mastering too, but this is pretty much it. "Today the record will be complete. "Throughout the mix, I have redone a couple of vocal things that needed it and I had some keyboard and piano ideas that I have added. "It is funny how it takes longer when you try and balance a mix without doing much to the sound. "I am very proud and I sincerely hope you will like it." Check put photos from the studio at this location. "Satyricon" will feature a guest appearance by Sivert Høyem, the Norwegian singer best known as the vocalist of the rock band MADRUGADA. Speaking to AOL's Noisecreep at this year's Inferno festival, Satyr stated about SATYRICON's upcoming album: "To me, it sounds very authentic, it's organic-sounding. And in this digital age where music is mostly played through computers, a lot of that analog vibe gets lost in translation when you play music through medias like that, but I still wanna do it because there's nothing quite like it. To me, it just makes everything sound the way it's supposed to sound — it's dynamical; the music is alive, it's not overly compressed, the levels are not pushed. So, musically speaking, it's a very atmospheric record… This record is full of life. There are a lot of surprises here, but I think it's gonna be a record that's gonna help the black metal movement perhaps find a new way for the future." SATYRICON has always pushed boundaries and never conformed to what was "expected". That mindset continues to this day, as they awill take part in a very special, exclusive show on September 8 at Oslo's Norwegian National Opera House, where they will perform together with Norway's 55-strong National Opera Chorus. The special event is part of the Ultima Oslo Contemporary Music Festival, and fans of both SATYRICON and the National Opera Chorus can look forward to a very unique and exciting evening, which coincides with the worldwide release of SATYRICON's new CDtitled.
- Loudwire posts the top 20 Songs: Week of June 9-15, 2013
- Loudwire reports Chimaira unveil dates for headlining 2013 North American tour Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire reports VH1 Classic’s "That Metal Show" celebrates 100th episode with guests Sebastian Bach and Rex Brown Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire reports Between the Buried and Me announce Fall 2013 tour dates with The Faceless and more Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire reports former Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo records guest spot on new Sepultura album Read more at Noisecreep
- Classic Rock reports Slipknot drummer Joey Jordison says there’s no such thing as an easy set
- Classic Rock reports Uriah Heep remember late bassist Trevor Bolder ahead of afternoon Download Festival slot
- Classic Rock posts Tracks Of The Week results: Of Earth scoop the top spot again
- Classic Rock wants you to vote for your favorite tracks of the week
- Noisecreep reports Zakk Wylde treats fans to an intimate evening of music, stories and laughs in New York
- Noisecreep reports Megadeth bassist David Ellefson secures fall release for "My Life With Deth" memoir
- Rolling Stone reports Aerosmith, Joan Jett to headline LivingSocial Festival
- Rolling Stone posts Q&A: Tom Petty on his rarities tour, writing with Bob Dylan
- Rolling Stone reports Paul McCartney goes electro on Bloody Beetroots' "Out of Sight"
- Rolling Stone reports Pink Floyd seek a million "Wish You Were Here" Spotify streams
- Rolling Stone reports U2 play acoustic "Sunday Bloody Sunday" for Agit8
- Rolling Stone reports Tommy Stinson credits Replacements reunion to "Aligning of the Planets"
- Rolling Stone reports Queens of the Stone reveal "...Like Clockwork" inspirations at 'Letterman" Read more at Billboard and NME
- Billboard reports Bonnaroo 2013: 10 things seen & heard Thursday
- Billboard reports Sting, Billy Joel, Smokey Robinson perform as legends inducted into songwriters Hall of Fame
- NME reports Liam Gallagher: "Oasis and Beady Eye are s**t f**king names for bands"
- NME reports Queens Of The Stone Age announce UK and Ireland arena tour dates Read more at Classic Rock
- NME reports Kings Of Leon say London comeback shows will be "tough to beat'"
- NME reports "Coldplay have very experimental music taste" says Jon Hopkins
- Blabbermouth posts video of Papa Roach Download Festival press conference
- Blabbermouth posts video highlight of the 2013 Kerrang Awards
- Blabbermouth posts footage of Bullet For My Valentine's Download Festival press conference
- Blabbermouth posts press conference footage of Rockstar featuring ex-members of Judas Priest, Alice Copper and Ozzy
- Blabbermouth posts Scorpion Child debut album track-by-track breakdown
- Blabbermouth posts the entire new album from Kalmah available for streaming
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Munky from Korn, In This Moment, Black Stone Cherry, Killswitch Engage's guitarist, HIM singer, Dragonforce on next album, Whitesnake guitarist Reb Beach, Suicidal Tendencies guitarit, Down bassist, Gamma Ray frontman, Raven, Kyle Thomas from Trouble, and Venom
Read more quick hits at Noisecreep
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Eye Of Provide..
Eye Of Provide..