Black Sabbath's full performance of the song "End Of The Beginning," portions of which were seen last month on the season finale of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, has now been posted online. The band made a rare television appearance on the May 15th episode of the CBS-TV series, which followed the CSI team as they investigated a series of ritual murders that eventually led them to attend a Sabbath concert.
The song, from the band's new album 13, is likely to be its next single. Bassist Geezer Butler told us that the track was inspired by reading news stories about how holograms of late artists like rapper Tupac Shakur are being used for live concerts: "The lyrics are about being cloned, 'cause that's what people are doing now more and more, making these holograms and sending them out on tour for eternity. That's what it's about. Now they're doing it with comedians in England, like old, dead comedians."
- 13 is the first album in 35 years to feature Butler, singer Ozzy Osbourne and guitarist Tony Iommi all playing together.
- The set, which came out on Tuesday (June 11th), is likely to sell between 120,000 and 130,000 copies in the U.S. in its first week of release, according to industry web site Hits Daily Double.
- The estimate was based on one-day sales reports compiled after the record arrived in stores and could hand Sabbath its first Number One album ever in the U.S.
- The disc may also end up being the band's first Number One record in its native England since Paranoid topped the chart in 1970.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Sabbath's full performance of "End Of The Beginning" from CSI:
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Did you buy the Sabbath album this week? What do you think of it?
- Is the record a worthy follow-up to the classic Sabbath albums from the early '70s?
- Should the band keep making new music together?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
Dark Army wrote: "1st day buyer.....Just because it's Black Sabbath."
MaidenFlorida wrote: Holy S***. That was my reaction when I picked up this record. Yes I expected it to be good. But it blew me away. And I can't believe I'm saying it BUT Ozzy sounded great on the album! The whole record fits in with their first 3 albums-it's just killer from top to bottom!"
Rat wrote: "I'm reaaallly getting into this album. Loving it from start to finish."
overkill1978 wrote: "This new Sabbath album is awesome. Iommi is a God. That is all I have to say. All of these kid guitarists need to bow the F*** down!"
MICM wrote: "I'm digging most of the album. Some of it seems to be too much like they purposely tried to copy some earlier songs...like they could almost been called planet caravan part 2 or sweet leaf part 2 etc. Ozzys vocals are more like his solo era style but not bad. It's better than I thought it would be."
Black Sabbath's Geezer Butler On 'End Of The Beginning'
Read more at Blabbermouth, Loudwire and Billboard
Read more on the "End Of The Beginning" performance from "CSI" at Blabbermouth, Ultimate Classic Rock, Classic Rock and Noisecreep
Ultimate Classic Rock posts song reviews for Black Sabbath ’13′ Read more at Noisecreep
Blabbermouth posts video of Brad Wilk in the studio
Blabbermouth posts video of Black Sabbath from Town Hall interview Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
Check out an interview with Ozzy Osbourne and Geezer Butler at Blabbermouth and Ultimate Classic Rock
Blabbermouth posts video of Black Sabbath talking to NME TV about the making of "13" Part 1 and Part 2 Read more at NME
Check out their interview with comedian Jim Norton at Blabbermouth
Check out what producer Rick Rubin says at NME