Bruce Springsteen's longtime manager Jon Landau confirmed that future box sets from "The Boss" can be expected, but stopped short of giving out any details. Landau played a pivotal role in the deluxe reissue of Born To Run and the major overhaul of the Darkness On The Edge Of Town box set -- which including the outtakes collection, The Promise.
When asked by Rockol.com about whether fans can expect similar sets for such classic albums as 1980's The River and 1982's Nebraska, Landau said, "Bruce was totally into those projects, especially in The Promise. We were very proud of the product, thanks to the collaboration with such great guys as director Thom Zimny. I think each one has to have a different approach and we work on this things when we have time. I think eventually, yes, there will be something, but we don't have a timetable. We're not close to ready to put out anything like that out. We'll do it when we'll do it and when they're ready to go we put them out."
- E Street Band keyboardist Roy Bittan revealed to the website that he's been working hard on his first solo album: "Just before the tour started, I was finishing an instrumental album that I wrote, pieces of music that I did just to explore. I've written things here and there over the years, but it's always hard for me to focus on my own music, I was always involved in other people's music, playing and producing. And of course the band is always busy. But I decided I was gonna write my own music, and I'm hoping at the end of the tour I wall get that music the music out."
- There have been critical points in Springsteen's career where Jon Landau has shepherded him through new stages -- be it making the move from theaters to arenas and then to stadiums, or simply creating an environment to help him finish an album -- such as Born In The U.S.A. -- which ended up being years in the making. Landau says that Springsteen has always been oblivious to the the normal star trappings of other huge musical icons: "He has never -- whether you're talking about the early years, or the later years -- in my experience with him, ever let anything; any part of the fame, or success, or visibility, distract him from his fundamental purpose, which is to do the very best work he can do."
- Bruce Springsteen performs tonight (May 23rd) in Naples, Italy.
- Bruce Springsteen's latest box set The Promise: The 'Darkness On The Edge Of Town' Story, was released on November 16th, 2010. The collection features the first remastered version of the Darkness album, along with two CD's of previously unreleased outtakes titled, The Promise.
- The set includes an 80-page notebook, three DVD's -- featuring The Promise: The Making Of 'Darkness On The Edge Of Town' documentary; a private 2009 E Street Band performance of the Darkness album in it's entirety; various footage of Springsteen in concert and rehearsal with the band from 1976, '77, and '78; and the full in-concert video feed of the December 8th, 1978 concert at Houston's The Summit.
- Most of The Promise features recent overdubs, including horns and vocals to songs, which had only been available as instrumental takes on bootlegs.
CHECK IT OUT: Bruce Springsteen with Jackson Browne at the Hollywood Bowl on June 14th, 1981 performing "The Promised Land" at the Survival Sunday anti-nuclear benefit:
Jon Landau On Bruce Springsteen Ignoring Fame