The first batch of dates and venues for the Volbeat-led 2013 Rock Allegiance tour have been confirmed, with more to come in the weeks ahead. The first confirmed date is August 24th in Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, with seven more shows announced as well. The lineup will also feature Finnish Goth-rockers HIM, New England's All That Remains and Australian act Airbourne.
- The inaugural 2011 edition of Rock Allegiance featured Buckcherry, Papa Roach, Puddle Of Mudd and others. It turned into a destination festival in 2012, taking place in Hershey, Pennsylvania with Stone Temple Pilots, Three Days Grace and others. The 2013 version will switch back to the road.
- Confirmed tour dates for the 2013 edition of Rock Allegiance are (subject to change):
August 24 - Twin Lakes, WI - Shadow Hill Ranch Festival
September 3 - Salt Lake City, UT - Maverick Centre
September 4 - Las Vegas, NV - The Joint at the Hard Rock
September 6 - Seattle, WA - KISW Pain In The Grass
September 19 - Houston, TX - Bayou Music Center
September 22 - Atlanta, GA - Tabernacle
September 27 - Boston, MA - Tsongas Arena
September 28 - Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Waterfront
CHECK IT OUT: Watch a trailer for the Rock Allegiance tour:
- Denmark's Volbeat is touring in support of its new album, Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies, which debuted in the Billboard album chart's Top 10 last month.
- HIM was forced to cancel a string of U.S. dates earlier this month after singer Ville Valo took ill, but so far the band's participation in the Rock Allegiance tour remains unaffected. The group just released its latest effort, Tears On Tape.
- All That Remains continues to support its 2012 effort, A War You Cannot Win, which features the Top Five rock single "Stand Up."
- Airbourne will issue its third album, Black Dog Barking, on May 21st.