Despite Device singer David Draiman's calls for unity in the hard rock and heavy metal community after last week's Revolver Golden Gods Awards, Five Finger Death Punch frontman Ivan Moody is either feeling bored or cranky, because he's just called out glam-rockers Black Veil Brides. In a couple of posts at his Facebook page, Moody commented on a YouTube video of Black Veil Brides by remarking, "I'll say it...YUCK!...Time for people to be 'REAL.' This sux."
- Black Veil Brides has not responded to Moody's taunt.
- The band already handled rejection at the Golden Gods Awards, hurling insults at members of the booing audience as they accepted their third straight "Song of the Year" award, this time for "In The End."
- "In The End" is currently Number 14 on the Active Rock radio chart. The song is taken from Black Veil Brides' third album, Wretched And Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones.
- Five Finger Death Punch will release a new double album in two parts this year, with the first half coming out on on July 23rd and the second half arriving sometime later this fall.
- The band introduced the first single from the new album, called "Lift Me Up," via a live performance at the Golden Gods Awards with special guest Rob Halford.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Why do so many people dislike Black Veil Brides? Have you heard them and if so, what do you think of them?
- Was it really necessary for Ivan Moody to call them out and talk trash?
- Is this a case of the pot calling the kettle black? Is Five Finger Death Punch so great that their singer can trash talk other acts?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Metal Injection -- agree or not?
Kit Brown wrote: "Pots and kettles."
joe wrote: "While I agree with Ivan, I guess he hasn't listened to his own band."
thv wrote: "Thank you Ivan, someone did have to say it. This band really is pathetic."
cg3739 wrote: "ones emo puss rock and the other is white trash bro NU metal. both can burn as far as im concerned."
Joshua Chap wrote: "Both bands are f***in awful. Ivan has no right to say that they suck considering how all they play is safe radio rock bulls*** that has no creativity whatsoever. Trying to choose one over the other is like choosing what piece of s*** smells better. In the end it's all smells like s***."
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Black Veil Brides' acceptance speech (warning: contains language that may be objectionable):
Here's the video for "In The End":
Here's fan-filmed footage of Five Finger Death Punch performing new song "Lift Me Up "with Judas Priest's Rob Halford:
Read more at Blabbermouth