Eddie Money revealed that his lowest point in his career actually inspired a few of his biggest hits. Money explained that prior to writing and recording his 1982 No Control album -- which featured such MTV classics as "Shakin'" and "Think I'm In Love" -- he nearly died: "The leanest period, was I guess, I wound up taking a bathtub barbiturate, which was horrible -- I thought it was blow, and I was drinking a lot and I would up having a really bad overdose on a drug called phenetole. A matter of fact, the guy's in jail right now for the rest of his life; he killed so many young people. And I couldn't walk for a year and I had my kidneys dialysis-ised -- it was a horrible part of my career. But then I came back and I wrote the No Control album, (laughs) which turned out to be double platinum. And the whole record is actually just about the overdose. The reason I wrote the No Control album was to talk. . . teach people, 'Hey, you don't have to be rich and famous to O.D. on somethin'."
- Eddie Money tour dates (subject to change):
May 3 - Thibodaux, LA - Thibodaux Firemen's Fair Grounds
May 9 - Warrendale, PA - Jergel's Rhythm Grille
May 10 - Jim Thorpe, PA - Penn's Peak
May 11 - New York, NY - City Winery
May 12 - Rochester, NY - Lilac Festival at Highland Park
May 24 - Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre
June 3 - San Diego, CA - House Of Blues
June 7 - Huntington, NY - The Paramount
June 13 - San Diego, CA - Hard Rock Cafe
July 4 - San Rafael, CA - Marin County Fairgrounds
July 19 - Hampton, IA - Franklin County Fair at Convention Center & Campgrounds
July 25 - Hampton Beach, NH - Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom
July 26 - Hamden, CT - Meadowbrook Park
August 23 - Santa Cruz, CA - Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Despite all of Eddie Money's hits over the years, only two of them actually hit the Top Ten -- 1986's "Take Me Home Tonight" with Ronnie Spector and 1988's "Walk On Water."
- Before that, the closest he had gotten was 1978's "Baby Hold On," which topped out at Number 11 and "Think I'm In Love" which hit Number 16.
- Eddie Money recently released his In The Covers EP, Volume One, which features his take on tracks by the Beatles, AC/DC, the Four Tops, and Train.
- The four-song tracklist is: "She Came In Through The Bathroom Window," "Reach Out (I'll Be There)," "It's A Long Way To The Top (If You Want To Rock And Roll)" and "Drops Of Jupiter."
CHECK IT OUT: Eddie Money's 1982 video for "Think I'm In Love":
Eddie Money On Drug O.D.