Black Sabbath singer Ozzy Osbourne said in a new interview with The West Australian that he's confident he'll stay sober this time after relapsing into drug and alcohol abuse for 18 months. Clean now for just under two months, Ozzy stated, "I don't do anything anymore. I don't drink or smoke."
According to Radar Online, Ozzy has reportedly promised his daughter Kelly that he will stay clean before she gets married. Kelly is rumored to be engaged to vegan chef Matthew Mosshart and a source said, "Kelly went right for daddy's heart -- she made it clear that she needed him to be present when he walked his little girl down the aisle. Ozzy would never ruin her big day, so he promised Kelly that he would get it together way before her wedding to Matthew."
- Ozzy told us a while back that the many years he spent drunk and high took a toll on his relationship with his kids -- especially his son Jack: "The one downside about being the crazy guy of rock 'n' roll was the fact that I missed out on my children somewhat and they missed out on me. I had an argument with my son one time, and I go to him, 'Jack, what are you moaning at me for? You never wanted for a damn thing.' And he goes, 'Oh yeah? What about a father?' And it just kicked me straight between the legs and I was like, 'Good God.'"
- Ozzy's wife Sharon is living apart from her husband until she can be certain that he will stay clean, although the couple have denied that they're getting divorced.
- Ozzy is currently on the first stretch of a world tour in support of the new Black Sabbath album, 13, which arrives on June 11th. He told The West Australian, "It's a masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. I heard the finished thing last week and I've got to be truthful with you, I was so bowled over by the way it sounded. If you liked Black Sabbath in the old days, you got to love 13. It's very heavy."
- Sabbath will begin the North American leg of its tour on July 25th in The Woodlands, Texas.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Do you think Ozzy can stay sober this time?
- Will having Kelly's wedding to look forward to keep him on the straight and narrow?
- If you were Sharon, how long would you give it before you thought it would be okay to move back in with Ozzy?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Loudwire -- agree or not?
Peggy Feigenbaum wrote: "So sad to hear that Ozzy is struggling with those demons again...Glad he is focused on Kelly's wedding."
Michael Drayer wrote: "I hope Ozzy stays sober finally."
John Dooling wrote: "We're all rooting for him, but it gets tougher and tougher to get back on every time you fall off the wagon."
Ozzy On How His Wild Years Took A Toll On Relationship With His Kids
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire
Blabbermouth reports Best Buy version of "13" from Black Sabbath to include exclusive bonus track. Read more at Loudwire
Check out an interview with "13" producer Rick Rubin at Blabbermouth, Ultimate Classic Rock and Classic Rock