Disturbed guitarist Dan Donegan and drummer Mike Wengren have launched a new project called Fight Or Flight, with the band's debut album, A Life By Design?, due out on July 23rd. The first single, "First Of The Last," will arrive at radio on May 21st. In addition to Donegan and Wengren, the group features Evans Blue singer Dan Chandler, Sean Corcoran of Ra on bass and Jeremy Jayson on guitar.
Donegan began writing songs on his own last year and approached Chandler about a possible collaboration. The two began emailing music to each other and getting together to write whenever Chandler was in Chicago, where Donegan lives, until they had enough material to record a full album.
- Donegan told us not long ago that he liked the idea of playing with other musicians: "This whole career with Disturbed, I've always been jamming with the same people, which has been amazing. But I want to feel that I can actually, you know, just continue to expand and explore, you know, different paths as we progress, hopefully, in the future, maybe if there is another album from us."
- Donegan said in a statement about the Fight Or Flight album, "This is more hard rock. It's got edgy moments, but there's more melody across the board. We had the chance to experiment as well. There are acoustic guitars and some electronics even. It's different all around."
- Dan Chandler has been the vocalist for Evans Blue since 2009, when he replaced original singer Kevin Matisyn. The band's most recent offering was 2012's Graveyard Of Empires.
- Disturbed frontman David Draiman released the self-titled debut album from his new project, Device, earlier this month. The record entered the Billboard album chart Number 11. The act, which also features members of Dope and Evanescence, is on tour now.
- Disturbed itself has been on hiatus since late 2011 with no set plans to return.
CHECK IT OUT: For more info, visit www.fightorflightofficial.com Listen to a sample of Fight Or Flight's "First Of The Last":
- Do you think that this is only going to keep the members of Disturbed from getting back together?
- Does it seem to you like Dan and Mike only put this project together because they were forced to when David Draiman started Device?
- The members of Disturbed have said since going on hiatus that everything between them was fine. Do you still believe that?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
Smashing Blumpkins wrote: "Evans Blue. Now there's one band that went in the s***ter the moment their original singer stepped out. First two albums are stellar."
TheBlood wrote: "Vocals are average and bland. Couldn't find a better singer than this?"
Joe2TheRevenge wrote: "Sounds like every single other hard rock band on the radio right now. Congratulations guys, you really captured that Nickelback sound that literally EVERYONE is using."
RockRoadie1x wrote: "Much better than the Device stuff."
Disturbed's Dan Donegan On Playing With Different Musicians
Read more at Blabbermouth, Loudwire and Noisecreep
Check out an interview with Dan Donegan on the status of Disturbed at Blabbermouth and Loudwire