David Draiman's new band Device releases its self-titled debut album on Tuesday (April 9th). Draiman launched Device last year with ex-Filter guitarist Geno Lenardo, after Disturbed went on hiatus in late 2011. But will fans detect a difference between the two bands? Draiman told us he thinks they will: "There's a definite distinction between the two. Certainly the greater presence of the electronica is one distinction, but there's a style distinction. The textures, the range of vocal delivery in terms of the note range, the soft moments and the atmospheric moments and just the stylistic departures from time to time are very, very different from Disturbed."
- Lenardo will not tour with Device due to previous commitments. The live band, which makes its debut on Wednesday (April 10th) in Mobile, Alabama, includes Evanescence drummer Will Hunt and Dope guitarist Virus.
- The Device album features guest appearances from Avenged Sevenfold singer M. Shadows, System Of A Down vocalist Serj Tankian, Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello, Halestorm singer Lzzy Hale, Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler and ex-Deep Purple bassist Glenn Hughes.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the Device video for "Vilify":
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Will you be buying or downloading the Device album this week?
- Should David Draiman get back to Disturbed as quickly as possible?
- If this takes off, do you think Draiman will even return to Disturbed?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
se7en_soul wrote: "The record is very bad."
DayJob wrote: "I wouldn't be surprised if Torture Device wrote and recorded all the songs in different recording studios on separate sides of the country, then pasted it all together with protools in the end."
NowThatsWhatICallMetal wrote: "As soon as I seen the track Geezer was on, I quickly checked it out...his bass paying is ridiculous...it has to feel pretty damn good when you can say you've been playing music for over 40 years and still have a complete current sound. It's not sounding to bad to me at all."
Evil_Twin wrote: "Ok, I broke down and listened to some of it. It's f***ing awful. Just totally wretched unlistenable s***! The only surprise was that it's actually worse than I imagined!"
David Draiman On Differences Between Device And Disturbed
Check out a stream here
Check out an interview at Blabbermouth