Godsmack singer Sully Erna will make his feature film acting debut in an upcoming movie called Army Of The Damned, according to Blabbermouth. The movie follows the crew of a hit reality TV series who follow a team of local cops in a small town. When the cops are summoned to a house on a "domestic disturbance" call, they suddenly are faced with a situation in which they either must survive or join the "army of the damned," a horde of warriors from hell. The film begins production on April 22nd and is directed by Tom DeNucci.
- The cast also includes horror legend Michael Berryman from The Hills Have Eyes, pro wrestler Tommy Dreamer, TNT wrestling diva Thea Trinidad, Joey Fatone of N*SYNC fame and Jackie Moore, who appeared on Homeland and 30 Rock.
- Although New England native Erna has spent time in Los Angeles to pursue film opportunities, he told us he's not a fan of the town: "The people out there are just, they're not real people to me, and I'm sorry I have to be so blunt with this sometimes, but most people that I meet out there, they're just -- everybody's a struggling actor or director, or they think they're bigger than they are. The first words that come out of everybody's mouth out west is, 'What do you do for work and what kind of car do you drive?' So I usually tell them that I'm a garbage man and I drive, like, a Kia."
- Other hard rockers who have done acting jobs in recent years include Metallica's Lars Ulrich, Korn's Jonathan Davis and Slipknot's Shawn "Clown" Crahan.
- Erna, meanwhile, has booked six solo shows on the East Coast, beginning on March 22nd in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- The concerts will feature songs from the entire span of Erna's career, including Godsmack tracks and tunes from his 2010 debut solo album, Avalon.
- Godsmack has also booked some scattered festival dates this summer.
CHECK IT OUT: 20 musicians who have moonlighted as actors http://tinyurl.com/b29a89m
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Do you like to see rock stars show up in movies?
- Do you think Sully would make a good actor?
- What was the most surprising acting appearance by a musician that you ever saw?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
Squirter wrote: "He's doing the best he ever did. He's doing the best that he can."
Pod wrote: "Probably hoping that old height thing about actors works out for him."
Sadistikexekution wrote: "He's gonna play a midget."
Lemmy's Mole wrote: "I thought he made his acting debut, as an Oompa Loompa, in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory."
Green Machinist wrote: "He's been acting like Layne Staley for years, this is hardly a debut."
Godsmack's Sully Erna Says He's Not A Fan Of Los Angeles
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire