Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports original KISS drummer Peter Criss will receive the first "Man Of Courage" award from The Beauty Foundation For Cancer Care, a non-profit organization that serves to alleviate the physical, financial and emotional burdens patients and their families face while coping with cancer. The new honor will be named "The Peter Criss Man Of Courage Award" after this year. "I think it's wonderful that The Beauty Foundation is giving exposure to male breast cancer," Criss said. "The more aware that men become that this is not just a woman's disease, the more lives that will be saved." Now in its seventh year, The Beauty Ball is The Beauty Foundation For Cancer Care's largest annual fundraising initiative. The Beauty Ball will take place on Saturday, April 13 at Trump National Golf Club in Colts Neck, N.J., at 7:00 p.m. The event will include an evening of dancing and casino action, with cocktails and food served throughout the night. Tickets are $275 each and can be purchased online at this location. While some men feel embarrassed because of "this macho crap," Criss told CNN surviving breast cancer was actually a blessing. He was treated before the tumor could spread and said he was speaking about male breast cancer to raise the profile of this rare disease. Criss, who played drums for KISS and was known as "Catman," offered this advice to men who spot lumps in their breast: "Don't sit around playing Mr. Tough Guy. Don't say 'It's going to go away.' It might not and you might not see life anymore and how beautiful that is." Criss, who is currently working on a new rock album, told Reuters his bout with cancer had affected his songwriting. "My lyrics are not so deep and dismal," he said.
- Blabbermouth reports Skol Records has set an April 19 release date for "Strong As Steel - A Tribute To Anvil", the first-ever ANVIL tribute compilation. The effort will be limited to only 666 CD units, and will include ANVIL cover versions performed by such bands as MAVERICK (Japan), SINISTER REALM (USA), STORMZONE (Ireland), SATANICA (Japan), IRON KOBRA (Germany), DEXTER WARD (Greece), CONVIXION (Greece), SAVAGE BLADE (Canada), SKELATOR (USA), CAYM (Canadian band featuring ANVIL drummer Robb Reiner's son Tyler on drums), CRYSTAL VIPER (Poland) and others. The album is being produced by Bart Gabriel (pictured below with ANVIL frontman Steve "Lips" Kudlow), who — in addition to helming albums by such bands as JACK STARR'S BURNING STARR, CRYSTAL VIPER, LONEWOLF and SACRED STEEL — has produced the "A Tribute To Cirith Ungol", "A Tribute To Metalucifer" And "A Tribute To Sabbat" compilations, as well as several other cover songs which later landed on tribute albums to such acts as W.A.S.P., ANGEL WITCH, MANILLA ROAD, WARLOCK and RUNNING WILD. The "Strong As Steel - A Tribute To Anvil" cover artwork can be seen below. Commented Gabriel: "This will be a real tribute, a really high-quality release, because ANVIL deserve to have one. I realize it won't be a bestseller, but all those who have seen 'Anvil! The Story Of Anvil' movie will understand what's the driving force behind this project." He added, "I'm one of those guys who got inspired by ANVIL to continue, to follow my dreams, to never give up. And I know there are many, many bands around who feel like the movie is about them as well. It's all about positive energy, and I'm truly honored that the project was approved and blessed by ANVIL members, [which is what] makes it even more special!" "Anvil! The Story of Anvil" was named one of 2009's best documentaries by a slew of film critics associations across the continent, including critics in Chicago, San Francisco, Toronto, and Las Vegas, as well as the International Documentary Association, the Online Film Critics Society, and the National Society of Film Critics. It also made the year-end Top 10 lists in publications such as the New York Times, Washington Post, Newsweek, and Village Voice.
- Blabbermouth reports Dan Lorenzo, the founding member of both HADES and NON-FICTION, recently recorded a guest appearance on DANZIG bassist Steve Zing's first solo album. "I haven't been playing much guitar since I became the editor of Steppin' Out magazine a little over a year ago," Lorenzo states. "I usually play basketball outside when the weather allows and just play guitar in the winter. I hadn't really picked up a guitar much this winter. Then Steve Zing saw Don Jamieson wearing my shirt on 'That Metal Show and I guess it prompted him to give me a call. He asked me if I wanted to play on a cover song on his CD. He told me Johnny Kelly from TYPE O NEGATIVE/DANZIG would be on drums. So I started jamming along to the first two DANZIG CDs and the song he wanted me to learn, 'Something's Going On' by [former ABBA singer Anni-Frid Lyngstad] Frida. It was fun." Video footage of Lorenzo laying down his track can be seen below.
- Blabbernouth reports Italian hard rockers VOODOO HIGHWAY will release their second studio album, "Showdown", on April 26 via Dust On The Tracks Records. The CD was produced and mixed by Dysfunction Productions (Anthony Phillips, John Wetton, Logan Mader) and mastered by U.S. senior mastering engineer Ue Nastasi (GOJIRA, AC/DC, LAMB OF GOD, ANTHRAX, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) of Sterling Sound Studios in New York. The artwork was created by U.K. graphic designer Storm Thorgerson, who has previously worked with PINK FLOYD, LED ZEPPELIN, BLACK SABBATH, DREAM THEATER and AUDIOSLAVE, among many others.
"Showdown" track listing:
01. This Is Rock'N'Roll Wankers!
02. Fly To The Rising Sun
03. Midnight Hour
04. Could You Love Me
05. Wastin' Miles
06. Church Of Clay
07. Mountain High
08. Cold White Love
09. A Spark From The Sacred Fire
10. Prince Of Moonlight
11. Till It Bleeds
12. Broken Uncles Inn
VOODOO HIGHWAY will celebrate the release of "Showdown" on April 6 at Sala Estense in Ferrara, Italy. VOODOO HIGHWAY is Federico Di Marco (vocals), Filippo Cavallini (bass), Matteo Bizzarri (guitars), Alessandro Duò (keyboards) and Vincenzo Zairo (drums).
- Blabbermouth reports Dark Harvest Records has announced the signing of Philadelphia's I AM THE TRIREME. Few bands can match the ferocity and sheer brutal combination of melodic death and vile symphonic black metal that I AM THE TRIREME (pronounced "i am the tri' reem") has conjured. The group brings forth a relentless, fast-paced, crushing wall of blackened brutality and haunting melodies. Listeners can expect to hear a searingly dark, aggressive blend of brutality and purely sinister blackened metal that is sure to leave them foaming at the mouth. Conceived in 2008, I AM THE TRIREME quickly began to heave their mass out of the dark abyss and shape themselves into a great leviathan in the world of extreme metal alongside acts such as ROTTING CHRIST, GOATWHORE, SUFFOCATION, EXHUMED, and literally countless other heavy hitters in the extreme metal community; proving I AM THE TRIREME themselves as equals in the genre. While never claiming to be strictly black metal, I AM THE TRIREME holds strong to belief of black metal in its purest form — unencumbered and in direct opposition of ALL religious ties and affiliations. In a time where ideals and strong beliefs have shifted into trends and thoughtless practices, leaving the scene littered with hollow shells in the image of our forefathers, I AM THE TRIREME sets a course true to their convictions and shines an unapologetic ghostly light through the fog into the beyond.
- Blabbermouth reports singer Francesco Cremisini has amicably left Italian thrashers ENEMYNSIDE. He explains in a statement: "All these years, we've worked very hard for this band to reach new levels, new challenges, and we've always tried to put something new and interesting in the sound. Now it's time for me to leave and let the band continue the good work we've been done for a long time!" After Francesco's departure, guitarist Francesco De Honestis also decided to leave ENEMYNSIDE because he was not available to recreate band's lineup. The remaining members of the group are still committed to ENEMYNSIDE but will take a break in order to come up with new ideas and figure out the best way to manage the current situation. ENEMYNSIDE's latest album, "Whatever Comes", was released on September 10, 2012 via Mighty Music. The CD, which was recorded at Temple Of Noise studios, features a guest appearance by vocalist/guitarist Richie Kotzen (formerly of POISON and MR. BIG), who contributed a guitar solo to the track "Too Many Times". ENEMYNSIDE's second album, "In The Middle Of Nowhere", was released in 2008 through Hatestone Records. For more information, www.facebook.com/enemynside.
- Blabbermouth reports Jacksonville, Florida's EVERGREEN TERRACE has inked a deal with Rise Records. The band will enter the studio this spring to record its new album for a fall release. Guitarist Joshua "Josh" James left EVERGREEN TERRACE last August in order to continue playing full time with STICK TO YOUR GUNS. EVERGREEN TERRACE's latest album, "Almost Home" (2009), sold around 2,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 17 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
EVERGREEN TERRACE is:
Andrew Carey: Vocals
Craig Chaney: Guitar/Vocals
Jason Southwell: Bass
Brad Moxey: Drums
Alex "Xander" Varian: Guitar
- Blabbermouth reports with an unprecedented 20-plus years of creating, performing, and writing music together, former DARKEST HOUR members Kris Norris and Ryan Parrish are back after a four-year hiatus, having formed a melodic death metal band entitled BLISSKILL. While seething monstrous thrash riffs and somber, underlying layers of melody accentuate the bands overall sound, BLISSKILL encapsulates the essence of Norris' prolific writing style and Parrish's thunderous delivery on the drums. No strangers to the genre, BLISSKILL is unique in craft and energetic by nature, giving them the ability to make their presence known to the metal world and beyond. An as-yet-untitled full-length album is currently in the works, and, with the help of their dear friend Pacey on second guitar, nearly seven tracks are completed and ready to record.
- Blabbermouth reports MAGENTA HARVEST, the Finnish death metal band featuring current and former members of FINNTROLL, CHTHONIAN, MYGRAIN and ...AND OCEANS, will enter SoundSpiral Audio in May and to begin recording as-yet-untitled full-length debut with Juho Räihä. A summer/fall release via the Finnish label Inverse Records is expected. MAGENTA HARVEST's second EP, "Apparition Of Ending", came out in March 2012. According to a press release, the latest effort saw the group widening its soundscape with the help of Aleksi Virta of FINNTROLL, who "create[d] some epic keyboard stuff" to go along with the material. MAGENTA HARVEST released its debut EP, "A Familiar Room", in February 2011. MAGENTA HARVEST was formed in 2005 as a two-man project featuring Timo Kontio (HAVOC UNIT, ...AND OCEANS) on guitar and Janne Manninen (MYGRAIN, ...AND OCEANS) on drums. In 2009, second guitarist Timo Hanhikangas (TOTAL VOMIT EXPERIENCE) and bassist Jonas Frilund (CHTHONIAN) joined the band. Another year went by before Mathias Lillmåns (FINNTROLL, CHTHONIAN) agreed to front the group.
MAGENTA HARVEST is:
* Timo Hanhikangas (TOTAL VOMIT EXPERIENCE) - Guitar
* Jonas Frilund (CHTHONIAN) - Bass
* Timo Kontio (HAVOC UNIT, ...AND OCEANS) - Guitar
* Mathias Lillmåns (FINNTROLL, CHTHONIAN) - Vocals
* Janne Manninen (MYGRAIN, ...AND OCEANS) - Drums
- Blabbermouth reports SCYTHE, the new band formed out of the ashes of Chicago underground metal band USURPER, will enter Arcane Audio in Chicago on March 30 with producer Dan Klein to record its sophomore album, "Subterranean Steel". The follow-up to "Beware The Scythe" will be recorded and mixed over a six-week period for an October 8 release via R.I.P. Records (USA), Primitive Reaction Records (Europe), as well as through iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon MP3 and other online distributors
Commented SCYTHE guitarist/vocalist Rick Scythe: "'Subterranean Steel' will contain nine songs of complete headbanging, fist-banging, speed-metal anthems! These songs are 100% traditional underground metal for people who are obsessed with the true spirit of underground heavy metal! This album will be a pure leather-and-spikes assault, armed with intelligence and power. Prepare to relentlessly headbang!"
Songtitles set to appear on "Subterranean Steel":
* Leather Aggressor * Monarch * Subterranean Steel * October Dies * The Grunting Dead * The Bray Beast * Beyond the Northwoods * Nights of Terror * Thunder Hammer
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports tnside the new Journey documentary "Don’t Stop Believin': Everyman’s Journey" with director Ramona Diaz
- Classic Rock posts video of Walking Papers play intimate set in Seattle
- Billboard reports songs for Slim Dunlap project benefits former Replacements guitarist
- NME reports Liam Gallagher: "Justin Bieber rules!"
- NME reports Angie Bowie says "I walked in on David Bowie and Mick Jagger naked in bed together"
- NME reports Adele to sing at Michelle Obama's birthday party?
- NME reports My Bloody Valentine play awesome Glasgow Barrowlands show
- Blabbermouth posts new music videos from Jungle Rot - "Blind Devotion"
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Saxon frontman
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of former Anthrax guitarist Dan Spitz performing band's claasic songs, Brujeria in Oakland
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Eye Of Provide..
Eye Of Provide..
Allen / Lande