Subscribe to channel
- Blabbermouth reports according to a new post on JUDAS PRIEST's official web site, the British heavy metal legends "are working in the studio on their new album — and all is going is really well!" In other news, JUDAS PRIEST's "Epitaph" DVD and Blu-ray, containing professionally filme video footage of the the final show of the band's "Epitaph" world tour on May 26, 2012 at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, England, will be released later in the year.
The band's setlist was as follows:
01. Rapid Fire
02. Metal Gods
03. Heading Out To The Highway
04. Judas Rising
06. Victim Of Changes
07. Never Satisfied
08. Diamonds & Rust (JOAN BAEZ cover)
10. Night Crawler
11. Turbo Lover
12. Beyond The Realms Of Death
13. The Sentinel
14. Blood Red Skies
15. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown) (FLEETWOOD MAC cover)
16. Breaking The Law
17. Drum Solo
19. The Hellion (taped intro) / Electric Eye
20. Hell Bent For Leather
21. You've Got Another Thing Comin'
22. Living After Midnight
Fan-filmed video footage of the show can be seen below. PRIEST's forthcoming album will mark the recording and songwriting debut of the band's new guitarist, Richie Faulkner, who replaced co-founder K.K. Downing in 2011. Asked what fans can fans expect from the group's next CD, JUDAS PRIEST lead singer Rob Halford said in an August 2012 interview, "We've already got a strong cross-section of ideas, some of them complete, some of them in bits and pieces. It's shaping up to be quite intense, in terms of the riffage and the strength of certain tracks. Much like every time you try and talk about music, it's practically impossible to capture it. You can only point it in the direction of where things are shaping up, and it's just glorious. If I try to pinpoint it, there are elements of 'British Steel' and there elements of 'Painkiller' in terms of the vibe. We've got a really solid record coming together slowly in a strong metal way that will make all of our PRIEST fans around the world very happy and content. At least I hope it does." Regarding a possible release date for the new PRIEST album, Halford said, "I'm not really sure. It'll be ready when it's ready. We're not under the same clock as we used to be. I remember in the '80s we were banging out a record almost every year, and that was on top of putting in a world tour. We have the luxury now, if you want to call it that, of taking our time. And that's just because that's the way it is. We're just as eager to get this done as ever, but we do it at a slower pace. It's that British thing, you know? [laughs] It's that monarchy thing. Let's look forward to that moment for another PRIEST record for everyone to bang their heads to." In a November 2011 interview with Ultimate Classic Rock, Halford stated about PRIEST's plans for the upcoming CD, "Glenn and I started to write in the early part of January [of 2011]. We just went to it from the heart really, there was no specific agenda or idea, as opposed to what we had to do with 'Nostradamus', which was very focused and a real anchor of a project. This one has just been some straight-forward, classic British heavy metal. Some of it feels a bit like 'Painkiller', some of it feels like 'Sad Wings Of Destiny', some like 'British Steel'. We didn't do much research, we didn't bother checking some of our previous releases, we didn't do any homework, we just sat down and played, you know? Glenn came up with riffs and I came up with vocal melodies. There was no outside influence or interference in the writing sessions. We just started the day, plugged in some amps, got the mic up and made the metal that way. It's a very pure record, in that respect." Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports the ninth in a series of video clips featuring behind-the-scenes footage from the recording sessions for the new MEGADETH album, "Super Collider", can be seen below. "Super Collider" is scheduled for release in June via MEGADETH mainman Dave Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, which is distributed by Universal Music Enterprises(UMe). "It was a real thrill for us to learn there was an opportunity to join Universal," said Mustaine. "It seems like every time you see a great band or music video, it comes from a Universal label. "Being with Universal is by far the most exciting and prestigious home for MEGADETH ever! We are electrified with what the future holds and the possibilities such a powerhouse like Universal will bring for us all. "We have worked with some great people over the years, and it is amazing to see so many of them on the Universal team for our new record, 'Super Collider'. "If MEGADETH being here isn't satiating enough, having Tradecraft as my own label is going to be really amazing for metal bands around the world." "Super Collider" is being recorded at Mustaine's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California and is MEGADETH's first release its recent split with Roadrunner Records. "Shawn [Drover, drums], Chris [Broderick, guitar] and David [Ellefson, bass] have all been feverishly contributing some great music and I believe we are doing our best work ever together in the studio right now," Mustaine said. Speaking to Full Metal Jackie at the NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show in Anaheim, California, Mustaine stated about the direction of the band's new material: "[MEGADETH bassist] David Ellefson is one of those guys that's kind of the barometer of the band. You ask me, you never really know what you're gonna get, but when you ask David Ellefson, it's kind of like reading the ingredients on the back of something, 'cause he's such a straight shooter. He told some people the other day that this is music that's really similar to [MEGADETH's 1985 debut album] 'Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!', some of the stuff — really dark, really heavy and fast stuff. I mean, I don't thnk it's really as fast and heavy as 'Killing' is, to me, but Junior is a great, like I said, barometer — bad word, but he knows what's going on."
- Blabbermouth reports according to MetalKaoz.com, RAVEN drummer Joe Hasselvander will be forced to miss the band's performance tonight (Saturday, March 9) at the Up The Hammers festival in Athens, Greece because of a Northeastern U.S. snowstorm that caused many flight cancellations. "Yesterday I found out that my arms were too short to box with God," Hasselvander writes on Facebook. "The Northeastern snowstorm prevented all of my flights from leaving the airport, thereby cancelling my appearance in Athens, Greece for my show in Greece. "To all of the friends fans that would have joined together with me after a long 22 years since my last visit, Mark [Gallagher, guitar] and John [Gallagher, bass/vocals] will be there for the event and are putting together something with a Greek drummer to carry on with the show. Remember, those two brothers hardly need me to put on a great show. I'm sure they will be great, so don't miss out!" He added: "I am sorry and I want you all to know that I did everything in my power to make this show come off as this show was a great opportunity. Mother Nature sometimes sets the course and no human intervention can help. I will be taking these next few days writing my new solo album slated for recording in the fall. "Without my loyal friends and fans, I would be nothing! "See ya next time around!" Up The Hammers festival promoter Manolis Karazeris has secured a Greek drummer to perform with RAVEN's Mark and John Gallagher at tonight's event.
- Blabbermouth reports German rockers FAIR WARNING will release a new studio album, "Sundancer", in Germany on May 24, in the rest of Europe on May 27 and in the USA/Canada on May 28. The effort will be made available as a CD and digital download through SPV/Steamhammer worldwide except Asia. The "Sundancer" cover artwork can be seen below. Also available is a brand new band photo here. FAIR WARNING's last studio album, "Aura", came out in 2009. A live CD/DVD, "Talking Ain't Enough - Fair Warning Live In Tokyo", followed in 2010. The band's best-of double album, "Best And More", came out last year. FAIR WARNING celebrated its 20th anniversary with "Best And More", containing all of the band's classics on a double CD with 32 songs. Previously unreleased tracks and rare live and studio material plus a great booklet made "Best And More" a must-have for all new and old fans.
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish black metal project ARCKANUM will release its eighth full-length album, "Fenriz Kindir", in Europe on May 10 via Season Of Mist. Commented ARCKANUM mastermind Shamaatae: "This album is a dedication to the flaming giant-wolf, son of Loki; created from the Chaos-fires of Múspellsheimr. It is a tribute to the wrathful giant-wolf, son of Angrboða, found in the Ironwood where he is breeding hordes of giant monstrous wolves with Angrboða. His victorious name is Fenrir, also called Tungls Tjúgari! Hail Fenrir! "The sounds and music on this album are my auditory vision of the march of Fenrir convoyed with his hordes of giant wolves from the depths of the underworld to face Ragna Rök with warlike glory — deformed giant-wolves swarming in thousands. "The Old Norse poem 'Völuspá' (40-41) says: 'In the east of the Ironwood (Járnviðr) she the Old One (Angrboða) sat and there bore Fenrir's Kin (Fenris kindir). One of which became the most worthy of them all, the One taking down the sun/moon with a two-pronged pitchfork (tungls tjúgari), in a troll's shape. He fills his belly with the corpses of dead men and defiles the houses of gods with blood. The sun's beams blacken during summers and the weather grows stormy.' The later prose 'Gylfaginning' (51) reveals Fenrir's flaming Múspell-descent during Ragna Rök: 'Fenrir shall advance with gaping mouth, and his lower jaw shall be against the earth, but the upper against heaven, he would gape yet more if there were room for it; fires blaze from his eyes and nostrils... The Sons of Múspell shall go forth to that field which is called Vígríðr, thither shall come Fenrir also...' "This is my tribute to the wrathful, harsh and untamed anti-nature of Fenrir's mighty essence! The anti-cosmic enemy of the worlds! Heill Tungls Tjúgari! Heilir Fenris Synir!"
"Fenriz Kindir" track listing:
01. Fenris Kindir Grúa
02. Tungls Tjúgari
06. Fenris Gangr
11. Sólbøls Sigr
12. Lycanthropia (NECROMANTIA cover, bonus track on digital and LP editions)
"Fenriz Kindir" features the following guest appearances:
* "Tungls Tjúgari": Peter Asp on horns
* "Hatarnir": Lena Klarström on female vocals; Peter Asp on howling guitars
* "Hamrami": Ljuder-Stefan Westberg on horns and violins
* "Vargøld": Olof Lindberg and Peter Asp on chorus and horns
* "Angrboða": Lena Klarström on female vocals
* "Sólbøls Sigr": Ljuder-Stefan Westberg on keyed fiddle (nyckelharpa) and violins
- Loudwire reports Corey Taylor rallying Stone Stour street team members for SXSW support
- Loudwire reports Sevendust singer Lajon Witherspoon talks forthcoming solo project
- Loudwire reports Gojira’s Joe Duplantier says dream tour mates would be Tool, Deftones and Meshuggah
- Classic Rock wants you to vote for your favorite tracks of the week
- Classic Rock reports Resident Evil actress Milla Jovovich stars in the new video from Alkaline Trio
- NME reports Alabama Shakes reveal never-before-seen footage of them recording debut album "Boys & Girls"
- NME reports Depeche Mode's Dave Gahan: "We never know if we're going to make another record"
- NME reports Stereophonics' Kelly Jones discusses Amy Winehouse tribute song "Been Caught Cheating"
- Blabbermouth posts new photos of former Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Jake E. Lee
- Blabermouth posts Alice Copper drummer Glen Sobel: TAM TAM festival drum-cam footage
- Blabbermouth posts drum-cam footage from Stratovarious in Helsinki
- Blabbermouth posts the third studio webisode from Deathdestruction
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Teenage Time K..