Subscribe to channel
- Adele has reportedly been invited to Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux's wedding and she has even been invited to sing. According to OK, all three of them were at the Oscars and Jennifer told Adele it would be an honor to have her entertain her guests.
- Adam Levine told The Hollywood Reporter that he thinks people's perceptions of him have changed since The Voice began airing. He said, "No one knew what I was really like or whether I had anything to say. ... I think that the occasional soccer mom probably thought I was a slut. The show put me in an interesting light to be cross-examined and analyzed by the world.
- Blabbermouth reports the new collaboration between METALLICA and Vans — one of the world's leaders in the shoe and apparel market —honors the 30th anniversary of the band's first studio album, "Kill 'Em All". The "Kill 'Em All" pack consists of both the Vans Slip-On and Sk8-Hi, with each one dressed in the hand and hammer design used for the cover art. Done in red, white and black, the vibrant kicks give anyone instant rock-star status. These distinctively metal shoes each feature the album artwork on canvas upper panels and embroidered METALLICA logos in red. Whether you're acting like a maniac or simply thrashing all around, these shoes will give you major whiplash! To purchase the "Kill 'Em All" Classic Slip-On and Sk8-Hi shoes online, or find a store near you, go to this location. Originally issued on July 25, 1983 through the independent label Megaforce Records, "Kill 'Em All" was recorded in two weeks on a miniscule budget in upstate New York. Although only 1,500 copies were initially pressed, the album was reissued by Elektra Records after the band signed to that label in 1984 and has since been certified triple platinum for sales of more than three million copies. The original title of "Kill 'Em All" was "Metal Up Your Ass". The album's opening cut, "Hit the Lights", was the first song that frontman James Hetfield and drummer Lars Ulrich wrote together after forming METALLICA. An early version of the track appeared on the 1982 compilation "Metal Massacre". Lead guitarist Dave Mustaine was replaced by Kirk Hammett shortly before recording commenced, although Mustaine still has several writing credits on the disc and went on to form MEGADETH. A number of songs from the album are still part of METALLICA's set list to this day, including "The Four Horsemen", "Seek and Destroy" and "No Remorse". METALLICA has since gone on to become one of the biggest rock bands in the world, selling tens of millions of copies of its eight studio albums, including 16 million alone of 1991's self-titled "black album." The band's ninth effort, "Death Magnetic", arrived in 2008.
- Blabbermouth reports in a brand new interview with Australia's TheMusic.com.au, MÖTLEY CRÜE bassist Nikki Sixx spoke about the band's plans to go out on a high. "I wanna finish our movie [adaptation of MÖTLEY CRÜE's New York Times bestselling collaborative autobiography 'The Dirt: Confessions Of The World's Most Notorious Rock Band'] and put out a new album. We'll be back in Australia and, ah, that'll be it. I can honourably say, 'We did it our way and we're never coming back.'" He continued: "It's important that when you do a farewell tour that people understand that when you put a bullet in the back of the horse's head, and it goes down, it's not a plastic bullet it's a fucking shotgun blast. You know, blow its fucking brains out, it's never coming back. It has to [be that way]. It's the only way I can look at myself in the mirror and do a farewell tour. That's it. So when we take our final bow, it's it. I will cry. I cry thinking about it. "So it's very emotional and I just think it's important that we finish what we started and then, you know, it will be whatever it will be. It could be beautiful. It could be a beautiful ending! When you go and see a great movie — I'll leave you with this: when you go and see a great fucking movie and it ends and you go, 'Fuck!' like, you walk out and you go, 'That was amazing! That blew my mind!' It's not like, 'That blew my mind and, um, maybe there'll be a sequel to it'." MÖTLEY CRÜE last year released a brand new song called "Sex" to coincide with the launch of the band's North American co-headlining tour with KISS. Written when the group was together during their residency in Las Vegas in February 2012, "Sex" was the first studio track from the CRÜE since their June 2008 release of "Saints Of Los Angeles". Read more at Loudwire, Ultimate Classic Rock and Classic Rock Read more about a new album at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports IRON MAIDEN's Nicko McBrain and SLIPKNOT's Chris Fehn are featured in GolfJam television's "newest and greatest golf reality show ever," "Livin' The Dream". "Livin' The Dream" follows an unlikely cast of golfers, rock stars, along with other entertaining celebrity cameos, around a golf course in Florida. A five-minute "Livin' The Dream" preview can be seen below. In a recent interview with the Broward Palm Beach New Times, McBrain stated about his passion for golf: "I live for it! If I wasn't a pro drummer, I'd try and work out to be a pro golfer. Unfortunately, um, I'm not that good. But yeah, I've played since 1986!" He added: "Funny enough, Alice [Cooper] and I have talked about doing a tournament together and it's more than likely going to happen in the next year or two. He's got his restaurant in Phoenix and I've got mine here in South Florida, and we're going to do a kind of golf tournament around a cook-off thing between him and me, and we've talked about it for a year or two now and we definitely want to do it! Primarily, I think the celebrities will be from our genre of music. "When you get into playing golf — no matter what level you're at — you tend to think about just everything golf when you're on the golf course. And you said, it's two opposites, and it's such a release, and I think because of the pressures of playing — doesn't really matter what kind of music — but the pressures of entertaining and traveling, it's great way of kind of letting your hair down. "It's funny because there's a lot of professional golfers who want to be in pro bands! We've cut a little program, a friend of mine and myself, called 'Livin' the Dream', and it's kind of a golf reality show we're trying to get off the ground about people in our industry that have a passion for the game and dream of being out on a par round. "You wouldn't think it, but it saved Alice's life basically! His story is that he was so wild in the late '70s and he got into playing golf with a passion and he stopped drinking and got off drugs and he's as clean as a whistle now, you know!"
- Blabbermouth reports MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy Kilmister plays "President Lemmy" in the trailer for Troma Films' "Return To Nuke 'Em High Vol. I & II", the fourth movie in the studio's other most successful franchise that kicked off in 1986 and has become one of many bona fide cult classics to endure throughout the years. Also set to appear in "Return" are such Troma mainstays as Debbie Rochon and porn movie legend Ron Jeremy. A sequel to the 1986 cult classic "Class Of Nuke 'Em High", "Return" tells the tale of young lovers Chrissy (Asta Paredes) and Lauren (Catherine Corcoran) and their battle against the Tromaville glee club, which has mutated into vicious Cretins, and the evil Tromorganic Foodstuffs Conglomerate.
The "Return To Nuke 'Em High" poster was designed by Justin Osbourn of Slasher Design and can be seen below.
The NSFW trailer for "Return To Nuke 'Em High" can be seen at Topless Robot.
- Blabbermouth reports the soundtrack to Rob Zombie's upcoming film, "The Lords Of Salem", will be in stores on April 16 — just a few days before the release of his latest CD, "Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor", on April 23. The film itself opens nationwide on April 19.
"The Lords Of Salem" soundtrack:
01. Open Wide The Gates
02. The Curse Of Margaret Morgan (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
03. Blinded By The Light (MANFRED MANN)
04. No Person In Number Five
05. A Special Child (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
06. Our Philosophy
07. Crushing The Ritual (Leviathan The Fleeing Serpent)
08. Give It To Me Baby (Rick James)
09. Ladies Choice
10. The Spirit Of Radio (RUSH)
11. Smash Or Trash
12. The Lords Theme (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
13. Salem Rocks
14. Venus In Furs (THE VELVET UNDERGROUND)
15. Three Sisters (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
16. You Know What I Think?
17. I'll Always Know (John 5 & Griffin Boyce)
18. Apartment Five
19. Lords Hear Us
20. All Tomorrow's Parties (THE VELVET UNDERGROUND)
21. WIQZ News
ROB ZOMBIE/ex-MARILYN MANSON guitarist John 5 last year spoke to DailyHerald.com about the songwriting process for the score for "The Lords Of Salem". "Rob would give me direction, like, 'I want it to sound like this, or I want it to sound like that,'" John, whose real name is John Lowery, said. "It's very primitive, not your everyday-sounding instruments. I would use a violin bow across an acoustic guitar or clank on things or use other odd musical instruments. Then, of course, you have your bassoons and french horns and everything under the sun for other parts of the score. It's very unorthodox, if you will, but it really was a lot of fun. It was a lot of work and it was a big challenge. It turned out amazing, though. I'm very proud of it; that's for sure." He added, "I wanted the theme of this movie to be very simple, like 'Jaws' or 'Halloween' — something that's so easy to remember. When you see the movie, you'll understand what I'm talking about. I really wanted to concentrate on the simple things that ring in your head. I wanted to do something easy in that sense so people could remember it and hopefully have fun with it." Asked if he had a lot of visual elements to work with, the guitarist said, "We [John 5 and producer Griffin Boice] would get visuals, or we would get a scene or two and just go off of it from there. It's really amazing when you see a shot with nothing there and then create this sound. It's pretty incredible to see how it all comes to life. "It's funny, the power of music. I was watching 'Dracula', the 1931 version with Bela Lugosi, and the only music you hear is at the very beginning of the credits. There's not one other piece of music; it's all silent. It's unbelievable and it's very effective, too." Read more at Loudwire and Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports MEGADETH's new album, "Super Collider", is scheduled for release in June via guitarist/vocalist Dave Mustaine's new label, Tradecraft, which is distributed by Universal Music Enterprises(UMe). The CD is being recorded at Mustaine's Vic's Garage studio in San Marcos, California and is MEGADETH's first release its recent split with Roadrunner Records. In new posting on his Twitter account, Mustaine said: "Sang and did hard/fast solos today. And Chris [Broderick, MEGADETH lead guitarist] has finished 'Super Collider' ... All I can say is he is without a doubt the best guitarist I've ever played with." Mustaine previously stated about MEGADETH's new label home: "It was a real thrill for us to learn there was an opportunity to join Universal. It seems like every time you see a great band or music video, it comes from a Universal label. "Being with Universal is by far the most exciting and prestigious home for MEGADETH ever! We are electrified with what the future holds and the possibilities such a powerhouse like Universal will bring for us all. "We have worked with some great people over the years, and it is amazing to see so many of them on the Universal team for our new record, 'Super Collider'. "If MEGADETH being here isn't satiating enough, having Tradecraft as my own label is going to be really amazing for metal bands around the world." Speaking to Full Metal Jackie at the NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show in Anaheim, California, Mustaine stated about the direction of the band's new material: "[MEGADETH bassist] David Ellefson is one of those guys that's kind of the barometer of the band. You ask me, you never really know what you're gonna get, but when you ask David Ellefson, it's kind of like reading the ingredients on the back of something, 'cause he's such a straight shooter. He told some people the other day that this is music that's really similar to [MEGADETH's 1985 debut album] 'Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!', some of the stuff — really dark, really heavy and fast stuff. I mean, I don't thnk it's really as fast and heavy as 'Killing' is, to me, but Junior is a great, like I said, barometer — bad word, but he knows what's going on."
- Blabbermouth reports BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's long-talked-about "Unblackened" DVD, which was previously scheduled to be filmed in late August at The Mayan in Los Angeles, California, and was then pushed back to January, was finally shot last night (Wednesday, March 6) at Club Nokia in Los Angeles. The set contained intimate versions of some of BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's most popular songs, as well as songs from mainman Zakk Wylde's solo album "Book Of Shadows" and his Southern rock band PRIDE & GLORY. The show featured Wylde on guitar and piano, alongside the members of BLACK LABEL SOCIETY, as well as a four-piece string section, pedal steel, and special guests. The concert was also broadcast live exclusively on AXS TV. A CD/DVD will be released later this year.
According to Grammy.com, the setlist for last night's show was as follows:
01. Losin' Your Mind 02. The Blessed Hellride 03. Sold My Soul 04. Road Back Home 05. Spoke In The Wheel 06. House Of Doom 07. Queen Of Sorrow 08. Machine Gun Man 09. Sweet Jesus 10. In This River
11. Throwin' It All Away 12. Takillya (Estyabon) 13. Won't Find It Here 14. Rust 15. Speedball 16. I Thank You Child 17. Stillborn
A clip of the performance can be seen below. "This is something we haven't done yet, and we wanted to give our fans something new," Wylde said a couple of months ago. "You can take a song that you've played thousands of times and rearrange it, and all of a sudden it's something totally fresh. The attitude of the songs doesn't change when we play them acoustically — the tunes are gritty regardless." "[It will be an] acoustic/electric type of thing," Wylde said in a 2012 interview. "Kinda like how the Christmas record is or like how we did 'The Song Remains Not The Same' where you've got an acoustic and then you can put a rippin' solo something. So I'll still have the Marshalls going with the acoustic stuff. It'd be almost kinda like if PINK FLOYD was doing an unplugged thing and they did 'Comfortably Numb' but Dave [Gilmour] will be sitting down but he'll still rip that solo out. It'll still be electric and then we’ll have the string section behind it and the whole band and it'll be killer."
- Blabbermouth reports Former KILLSWITCH ENGAGE singer Howard Jones (pictured below) is reportedly working on a new project with ALL SHALL PERISH guitarist Francesco Artusato and members of DEVOLVED. The new band is said to be represented by Mike Gitter as part of King Artist Management. Jones was among the musicians who performed at the launch event for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance on February 18 at GameStop at Universal CityWalk in Universal City, California. KILLSWITCH ENGAGE was rejoined by singer Jesse Leach early last year following the departure of Jones after nine years and three successful albums. KILLSWITCH ENGAGE bassist Mike D'Antonio told BostonGlobe.com that the band's split with Jones was necessitated by the singer's struggle with personal issues, including diabetes that had gone untreated for several years. "It became very apparent we had to move on without him," D'Antonio said. "Howard didn't quit." In a statement regarding his departure from the group, Jones wrote in part, "I've had a pretty interesting couple of years, to say the least, battling with some personal issues. One of the low points being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes that went unchecked for years. The rest of the band stuck with me through it, and, to be honest, they are the ones that kept me going. The whole experience definitely put a scare in me." He continued, "Recently we've all been in writing mode, but somehow I couldn't get excited about the new album and all the touring that would go with it. The guys saw it before I did. In hindsight, I now realize that my heart wasn't in it." Jones thanked the rest of the band for "an amazing decade," adding, "I have so many good memories, and those are the ones that I will keep." Read more at Loudwire and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports according to "Tales From The Stage Volume 1" author Michael Toney, former OZZY OSBOURNE and BADLANDS guitarist Jake E. Lee has set JAKE E. LEE'S RED DRAGON CARTEL as the name of his new project, obviously referencing the axeman's Japanese roots. The group features Ronnie Mancuso (BEGGARS & THIEVES) on bass and Jonas Fairley (BLACK BETTY) on drums. The lead vocalist position is almost solidified, but details are still being worked out. The only information that has thus far been provided is that he hails from Canada, and certain logistics need to be ironed out prior to a formal announcement. In the process of recording his new album at Las Vegas' The Hideout Studios — owned and operated by Kevin Churko (OZZY OSBOURNE, FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH, IN THIS MOMENT) — Lee's first new release will feature a combination of legendary rock artists and some of the biggest names of new metal. Already recorded are guest appearances by Robin Zander (CHEAP TRICK), Paul Di'Anno (IRON MAIDEN), Maria Brink (IN THIS MOMENT), with many other big names attached to the project. Toney says: "The two new tracks that I have heard [from JAKE E. LEE'S RED DRAGON CARTEL] are very impressive, and are incredibly fresh sounding — but not really in the same family as [Jake's] work with BADLANDS or OZZY. It's still hard rock, but perhaps a bit more melodic." According to the All Music Guide, Lee helped Ozzy Osbourne score two of the most commercially successful releases of the singer's long and illustrious career — 1983's "Bark at the Moon" and 1986's "The Ultimate Sin". Lee eventually joined up with another former BLACK SABBATH singer (albeit briefly), Ray Gillen, and formed the LED ZEPPELIN/classic rock-esque outfit BADLANDS. Subsequently, Lee played briefly with a band called WICKED ALLIANCE before setting off on his own, issuing his solo debut, "A Fine Pink Mist", in August of 1996. Jake E. Lee's "covers" album, "Retraced", was released in the U.S. in April 2005 via Shrapnel Records. All the songs were recorded in a "power trio" format ala BADLANDS and the tracks for the project were cover songs along that style (bluesy power rock).
- Blabbermouth reports Frontiers Records will release bluesy hard rockers BURNING RAIN's third studio album, "Epic Obsession", on May 21 in North America. BURNING RAIN was founded by current WHITESNAKE axeman Doug Aldrich together with singer Keith St. John (ex-MONTROSE). The lineup for the new album is rounded out by Sean McNabb (QUIET RIOT, DOKKEN, HOUSE OF LORDS) on bass and Matt Starr (ACE FREHLEY) on drums. "Epic Obsession" comes after a long hiatus from the release of the band's second album, "Pleasure To Burn", in 2000. Of "Epic Obsession", Aldrich commented, "I think we have a good batch of songs that will stand up. It's a melodic blues rock approach to the sound. It's really the only thing I have done outside of WHITESNAKE in the last ten years."
"Epic Obsession" track listing:
01. Sweet Little Baby Thing
02. The Cure
03. Till You Die
04. Heaven Gets Me By
05. Pray Out Loud
06. Our Time Is Gonna Come
07. Too Hard To Break
08. My Lust Your Fate
09. Made For Your Heart
10. Ride The Monkey
11. Out In The Cold Again
12. When Can I Believe In Love
13. Kashmir *
14. Heaven Gets Me By (acoustic version) *
* Bonus tracks
Frontiers Records will also reissue the long-out-of-print first two albums from BURNING RAIN, the self-titled debut (released in 1999) and the aforementioned "Pleasure To Burn". Both LPs will be repackaged and remastered and will contain two added bonus tracks to each respective album. BURNING RAIN's previous efforts received great acclaim in Japan and the U.K. prior to Aldrich being tapped as guitarist for WHITESNAKE in 2002, with MelodicRock.com declaring, "Great quality songwriting...fantastic production that rivals any others out there. For fans of classic blues influenced hard rock there will be few albums to rival this record..."
- Blabbermouth reports former WHITE LION singer Mike Tramp will release new solo album, "Cobblestone Street", in Europe on April 8 via Target Records in the following formats: CD, limited digipack CD (with two bonus tracks), LP and digitally. After the release, Mike Tramp will head out on an ongoing tour in Europe. "Cobblestone Street" is a departure from the sound that most people would expect from a singer that has been around since WHITE LION crashed on to the hard rock scene in the '80s. Rock fans have gotten to know Mike Tramp as a legit rock singer and frontman that looked like he was born to be just that. Therefore many might find it surprising that Tramp's roots and musical upbringing lie deeply buried in folk music. Heavily influenced by fellow Danish artists with acoustic guitars and international stars like Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Bruce Springsteen, Tramp says that all of his songs through 35 years on the music stage, have always come from sitting with the old faithful acoustic guitar playing and singing. That WHITE LION songs like "When the Children Cry", "Broken Heart" and "Wait", and FREAK OF NATURE's "Rescue Me" later have ended up as epic rock classics is just a question of arranging them in that way with the band in the rehearsal room, but all songs have always been fit to play around the campfire or in the back of a shady bar. What seems like the most natural thing for an artist, can sometimes be the opposite for both fans and critics! Still, Mike Tramp has full confidence in the fans that have followed and grown with him through the past 25 years and know that they will stand by his side and enjoy his new solo album, although they might be in for a big surprise from the former WHITE LION and FREAK OF NATURE frontman.
Tramp says that he is so at home with the new album, and in lack of better words, it's really like coming home after a long journey that has taken him around the world over the past 30 years. "I am not lost, I am not confused, I am not taking a break," he says. "This is the album I have waited a long long time to record, because I didn't have the guts to do it earlier on. Still, it's not just a matter of doing an album like this and then returning to the screaming Marshall amplifiers, thundering bass and drums like canons. This is where I am, and this is where I am going to stay as a solo artist, and anytime the urge to play loud rock'n'roll awakes in me, it will be some kind of band project where I am just the singer and part of the package." Last year, Tramp traveled across Europe playing 40 shows, while driving and doing everything by himself. "This is the most rewarding and fulfilling tour I have ever done, and that coincides with an album that represents all of that, and is just real completion to what I have worked so hard to accomplish." "Cobblestone Street" was recorded over a week in Medley Studio in Copenhagen, Denmark in summer of 2012, with just Mike and his good friend engineer/co-producer and multi-instrumentalist Søren Andersen. "Some of the songs I wrote 20 years ago, and some songs just the week before I recorded them, but they are all a 100% representation of who Mike Tramp is," Mike says. Tramp says he hadn't really planned to do an album, but one day called up Søren Andersen and said he had a lot of songs that he wanted to hear come out of the speakers. "I showed up in the studio and Søren said, 'Why don't you just sit down with the guitar and mic and recorded the songs the way you wrote them, kinda like your big hero Dylan did long time ago?' At the end of the day, we had recorded the first four songs, with Søren adding some keyboards and percussion. It was a wonderful feeling sitting there in the couch listening to the songs that were rough and naked, but at the same time so complete." Tramp says he feels that "Cobblestone Street" is like a movie, a movie about his own life in great details. Once it ends, you will know who Mike Tramp is.
"Cobblestone Street" track listing:
01. Cobblestone Street
02. Caught In The Storm
03. New Day
04. Ain't The Life I Asked For
06. We'll Be Alright
07. Angel Or Devil
08. Find It In Your Heart
09. What Are You Gonna Do
11. More To Life Than This (bonus track)
12. '92 (bonus track)
A two-minute video clip of Tramp presenting the "Cobblestone Street" title track and the new album can be seen below.
- Blabbermouth reports two years after their current release "Juggernaut Of Justice", Canadian metal legends ANVIL are back with their latest studio album. "Hope In Hell", an impressive metal recording featuring 13 haunting songs, is for release on May 27 in Europe and May 24 in Germany on SPV/Steamhammer and will be available in four different formats: as a limited-edition digipak including two bonus tracks, as a jewel case CD, double gatefold colored vinyl LP and as a digital download. These are the first cuts featuring ANVIL's new bassist Sal Italiano, who joined the band a year ago. "We're really happy with Sal. His style is powerful and amazingly imaginative," says ANVIL guitarist/vocalist Steve "Lips" Kudlow, who composed the entire album along with drummer Robb Reiner. "It's a little as if we'd enlisted Steve Harris." "Hope In Hell" was written and recorded following an 18-month world tour which took ANVIL around the globe. "We hadn't expected this kind of extensive tour when we brought out 'Juggernaut Of Justice'," Kudlow confesses. "Time just flew by. I could hardly believe it when I found myself in the studio again after the tour, ready to work on the next album. The reactions to 'Juggernaut Of Justice' and the shows had been so positive that we had plenty of ideas and inspiration for new material." Kudlow is referring to typical ANVIL tracks such as "Hope In Hell", which the ANVIL guitarist considers a logical continuation of legendary numbers like "Forged In Fire", "Metal On Metal" and "Plenty Of Power". He also mentions "Eat Your Words", according to Kudlow a "hybrid between 'Jackhammer' and '666', in other words pure ANVIL, like in our early days." Pretty much the same applies to haunting new tracks like "The Fight Is Never Won" and "Call Of Duty", which present ANVIL true to form. But there are also a number of real surprises on "Hope In Hell": "A song like 'Badass Rock'n'Roll' with its rock'n'roll groove surprised even me," Kudlow admits. "It shows our great respect for bands like AC/DC and MOTÖRHEAD. I'm sure that all ANVIL fans will love this song because it's the best we've done in this direction." "Mankind Machine" sees Kudlow & Co. break new ground: never before has this band sounded so mechanical (like the title suggests). And never before has it sounded as oriented to the classic rock feel of the seventies as in "Time Shows No Mercy". So ANVIL are proud to present the kind of album that ANVIL fans will love: no concessions to short-lived trends, no modern frills but traditional metal with lots of classic rock music elements. "What we do is totally timeless," says ANVIL's frontman. "We've never tried to change our sound or experiment with trends and fashions. We live in our own world and have maintained our individuality and own identity." Like "Juggernaut Of Justice", "Hope In Hell" was produced by Bob Marlette (BLACK SABBATH, AIRBOURNE, ALICE COOPER) at the NRG Recording studios in North Hollywood, California and mastered by Maor Appelbaum (YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, SEPULTURA). "The album's flair reminds me of the beginnings of classic heavy metal in the most positive sense of the term," says Kudlow. "I grew up in the Seventies, and I still like what I listened to back then. "You can always rely on ANVIL. We don't write our music for the radio and we don't want to break any records. Some media criticize our uncompromising attitude, but we're proud of never having betrayed our ideals and having remained faithful to our roots. "We're really proud and already love the new album just as much as our early releases from the beginning of the Eighties, because 'Hope In Hell' sounds like ANVIL live on stage: natural, honest, unvarnished, never over-produced and straight from the heart."
"Hope In Hell" track listing:
01. Hope In Hell 02. Eat Your Words 03. Through With You 04. The Fight Is Never Won 05. Pay The Toll 06. Flying
07. Call Of Duty 08. Badass Rock N Roll 09. Time Shows No Mercy 10. Mankind Machine 11. Shut The Fuck Up 12. Hard Wired (bonus track) 13. Fire At Will(bonus track)
- Blabbermouth reports San Francisco Bay Area thrash metal veterans TESTAMENT have scheduled two exclusive shows in Japan alongside thrash titans DESTRUCTION and DEATH ANGEL. The events will take place on March 9-10 at Club Citta in Kawasak-Shi, Japan.
The details are as follows:
March 09 - Club Citta - Kawasak-Shi, Japan March 10 - Club Citta - Kawasak-Shi, Japan
Commented DEATH ANGEL: "Rehearsals done, just boarded our flight to Japan! Two shows in Tokyo with TESTAMENT and DESTRUCTION! We are performing two completely different 70-minute sets without repeating a single song over both nights — and each set contains songs from every DEATH ANGEL album! We have never done that before... Better catch both shows! We are beyond stoked to return to the Land of the Rising Sun with our LIVE!!!" DEATH ANGEL recently began demoing material for the follow-up to 2010's "Relentless Retribution", due later in the year via Nuclear Blast Records. "Relentless Retribution" sold 2,700 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 10 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. The band's previous album, "Killing Season", opened with around 2,300 units back in March 2008. This number was in line with the performance of its predecessor, "The Art of Dying", which registered a first-week sales tally of around 2,100 back in May 2004. "Relentless Retribution" was released in the U.S. on September 14, 2010 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD was recorded at Audiohammer Studios in Sanford, Florida with producer Jason Suecof (TRIVIUM, AUGUST BURNS RED, THE BLACK DAHLIA MURDER, ALL THAT REMAINS, WHITECHAPEL, DEVILDRIVER). The cover artwork was created by Brent Elliot White (JOB FOR A COWBOY, CARNIFEX, WHITECHAPEL).
- Blabbermouth reports SOILWORK skinsman Dirk Verbeuren will be filling in for Jeff Loomis' drummer Anup Sastry for the final eleven shows of the "Living Infinite World Tour". States Verbeuren: "It's truly an immense honor to be asked by the incredible Jeff Loomis to fill in on drums for the final dates of our North American tour together! "As some of you may know, I played on Jeff's latest record, 'Plains Of Oblivion', prior to Anup Sastry joining the band. Come to think of it, we're going full circle here. I can't wait to perform with these guys — it's gonna be epic!" Born in Wilrijk, Belgium in 1975, Verbeuren began his musical training in elementary school with the violin which he played proficiently for seven years. His family moved to Paris, France in 1988, where he studied piano and electric guitar. In 1991, Verbeuren discovered his gift and passion for rhythm on a second-hand drumkit. He immediately began practicing, creating and performing with other musicians. In 1993, Verbeuren moved to Nancy, France to study at the Music Academy International (MAI). Following his graduation, MAI promptly hired him as a drum professor while in his own time, he co-founded futuristic death metal outfit SCARVE. Verbeuren's fine-tuned ear, impeccable musical memory, sensitivity to structure and ability to read/write rhythm made him a highly demanded session drummer overnight. In the following years, he recorded and toured with over a dozen bands, including Swedish metal act SOILWORK, which he permanently joined in 2005. Worldwide touring became the norm, including a coveted slot at the classic itinerant festival Ozzfest. Session work also intensified as Verbeuren laid down drum tracks for numerous albums such as NEVERMORE vocalist Warrel Dane's "Praises To The War Machine". 2010 was yet another busy year for Verbeuren. He recorded drums for revered artists Devin Townsend and Fredrik Thordendal (MESHUGGAH) as well as ANATOMY OF I, featuring the legendary bass virtuoso Steve DiGiorgio. In early 2011, Verbeuren launched BENT SEA, which sees him taking on multiple instruments, as well as the roles of composer and lyricist. He went on to record with NAGLFAR and Jeff Loomis, and played two sold-out live performances with DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT, immortalized on the "By A Thread" box set. Verbeuren continued in 2012 with three highly successful Meinl/Tama drum-workshop tours in China, France, Sweden, Germany, Poland and The Netherlands.
- Blabbermouth reports Steamhammer/SPV has announced the signing of REBELLIOUS SPIRIT, a quartet from Southern Germany and a promising new hard rock band consisting of members that are between 17 and 20 years of age. The group's debut album, "Gamble Shot", will be released on June 24 in Europe and July 2 in the U.S. The effort, due out as a digipak with three bonus videos, jewel case and download, was recorded at the Cubeaudio Studios in Göttingen between September 2011 and February 2012. The final mix and the final mastering were completed in July 2012. "We are delighted about this trend-setting signing which allows us to support — along with our renowned acts — a promising young band," comments Steamhammer/SPV label manager Olly Hahn. "Not only are these guys extremely likeable and brilliant musicians, they are also surprisingly mature composers." REBELLIOUS SPIRIT's founder members, the brothers Jannik (17, vocals/guitar) and Jens Fischer (20, bass/vocals), are thrilled to have a label home like Steamhammer/SPV. "Naturally, it’s a great honor for us to be signed by a renowned record company such as Steamhammer/SPV who have a long tradition in rock music," they say. "Plus we get on really well with Olly Hahn and his team at a human level so we are now busy working on our future plans." Formed in the summer of 2010, REBELLIOUS SPIRIT's lineup is completed by Silvio Bizer (18, drums) and Corvin Domhardt (18, guitar/vocals). After a number of trial concerts, autumn 2010 saw them record their demo CD, "Heart Of Swabia", featuring three original songs and three cover versions. In the meantime, the band has played more than 40 gigs, and has supported RECKLESS LOVE, KISSIN' DYNAMITE and PUSSY SISSTER in Holland, Flensburg, Cologne and Munich. A number of festival appearances are currently being scheduled for the summer, followed by a support tour in the fall. Says Fischer: "We can hardly wait for 'Gamble Shot' to arrive at the stores at last so that we can present our new material to a larger audience."
- Blabbermouth reports Season Of Mist has announce the signing of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada-based technical death metal force ARCHSPIRE. The band is currently in the studio, preparing material for their second full-length CD. Regarding the signing, the band issued the following statement: "This is something that's been in the works for a while now, and we are proud to finally be able to announce it. "We have finished the material for our upcoming album and we'll be going into Rain City Recorders to track with the awesome Stuart McKillop, the same producer who did our first album, 'All Shall Align'. "Writing for this album began almost two years ago, and in that time we have pushed ourselves to be better musicians, and focused more on cohesive songwriting, while still maintaining the technical and progressive style that we started out with when the band formed in 2009. This is an album that we are truly proud of, and can't wait to see released." ARCHSPIRE has taken the worldwide extreme metal scene by storm with its unique blend of blindingly fast, hyper-aggressive technical death metal. The five-piece is a national headliner in its home country of Canada, and has toured Europe, supporting DECAPITATED, ABORTED, FLESHGOD APOCALYPSE, and more. The band has also supported HATE ETERNAL, NAPALM DEATH, PIG DESTROYER, ORIGIN, and many more throughout Western Europe.
Tobi Morelli - Guitar
Spencer Prewett - Drums
Dean Lamb - Guitar
Jaron Evil - Bass, Vocals
Oli Peters - Vocals
- Blabbermouth reports a new audio interview with guitarist/vocalist Mikael Åkerfeldt of Swedish progressive metallers OPETH conducted by Andrew Haug, the former host of Triple J Australia's "The Racket" radio show (originally "Full Metal Racket"; 2001-2011), will air on Australia's recently launched first-ever dedicated 24/7 rock and metal online radio station, AndrewHaug.com, today (Thursday, March 7) at the following times:
* USA/Canada (PST) 7:00 p.m.
* USA/Canada (EST) 10:00 p.m.
* U.K. 9:00 p.m.
* EUROPE (CET) 10:00 p.m.
During the chat, Åkerfeldt offers his controversial opinion on the state of the new extreme-metal scene: "New extreme metal, I think it's dull, I think it's s**t." OPETH will return to North America in support of their most recent studio album, "Heritage". Released September 20, 2011, it garnered rave reviews from everyone from Rolling Stone, who called the album "a career record that reimagines prog as actual rock 'n' roll," to Pitchfork saying "a pretty, well-thought-out collection" to NPR who called it "equally vast, thoughtful and heavy." The tour will kick off on April 18 in Buffalo and will take the band throughout North America on a 30-plus-city tour. KATATONIA has been confirmed as direct support for the tour. There will be several dates of note during OPETH's North American run. On April 20, OPETH will be making a stop to headline alongside ANTHRAX, HATEBREED and SUICIDAL TENDENCIES at the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival. The April 28 show in Clifton Park, New York will see OPETH mainman Mikael Åkerfeldt's STORM CORROSION collaborator and friend Steven Wilson of PORCUPINE TREE join OPETH for a special evening that is not to be missed. There will also be two rare and intimate evenings with OPETH planned for Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn on April 29 and The Roxy in West Hollywood on May 24. These shows will allow fans the unique opportunity to experience OPETH like never before.
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish black metallers DARK FUNERAL are celebrating their 20th anniversary in 2013 with a number of festival shows all over Europe. Formed in 1993 by Lord Ahriman, the band quickly gained massive underground support by being one of the most ferocious and fastest black metal acts on earth. Since then, they have spread their unholy gospel over the whole world and build up a loyal cult following from the coldest parts of the northern hemisphere to the hottest hell of Asia. Now it’s time to praise their diabolic past with a very special setlist on some of the summer festivals (more details soon) and also with a surprising return of their classic vocalist: Emperor Magus Caligula, who left the band on good terms for personal reasons in 2010, will take over the mic again for the 2013 festivals. He was DARK FUNERAL's frontman from 1996 to 2010 — from the second album, "Vobiscum Satanas" (1998), to the latest CD, "Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus" (2009). After an extensive and exhausting tour through Asia and Australia in late 2012, DARK FUNERAL parted ways with vocalist Nachtgarm. Despite this, DARK FUNERAL will continue working on its upcoming album as well as on reissues of the band's entire back catalog, due out this year via Century Media Records. DARK FUNERAL is currently looking for a permanent new vocalist. Serious applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming DARK FUNERAL shows:
Mar. 16 - Lausanne - Inferno [CH]
Mar. 28 - Oslo - Inferno [NO]
Jun. 23 - Clisson - Hellfest [FR]
Jun. 28 - Dessel - Graspop Metal Meeting [BE]
Jul. 27 - Lichtenvoorde - De Zwarte Cross [NL]
Aug. 09 - Catton Hall Derby - Bloodstock Open Air [UK]
Aug. 17 - Dinkelsbühl - Summer Breeze [DE]
- Blabbermouth reports Miami, Florida-based progressive death metallers ABIOTIC have teamed up with director Dan Drescher to film a video for the song "Facades". You can see several images from the video shoot on Facebook. "Facades" comes off ABIOTIC's full-length debut, "Symbiosis", which was released on October 23, 2012 via Metal Blade Records. Comments the band: "The shooting for a second music video with director Dan Drescher is wrapped up and we couldn't be more excited. "We shot at two locations in Orlando, Florida and could not have asked for a better crew on set. "The song we'll be releasing the video for is 'Facades' and Dan was definitely in the same mindset as we were in taking this video to the next level. Prepare yourselves for something insane." In other news, ABIOTIC has partnered with Guitar World to launch a brand new performance/lyric video for "The Graze Of Locusts". Fans can view the video, as well as enter to win an ESP/LTD EC-10 Two Tone burst with gig bag, at this location. ABIOTIC will hit the road with DARK SERMON in April. According to a press release, ABIOITIC transcends high above the rest with a most preternatural sound. By interweaving well-cultivated musical dexterity and pronounced lyrical finesse, ABIOITIC epitomizes an unwonted entity of unmatched musicianship. In a short amount of time since the quintet's inception in 2010, this ghoulish coterie has made a paramount impact in the death metal scene and support from the masses continues to grow. The five-piece group consists of vocalist Ray Jimenez, bassist Alex Vazquez, drummer Andres Hurtado and guitarists Matt Mendez and Johnathan Matos. The band had previously released two singles and a seven-song studio EP entitled "A Universal Plague".
"Symbiosis" track listing:
03. A Universal Plague
04. To Burgeon and Languish
06. Conquest of Gliese
07. The Singe
10. The Graze of Locusts
- Blabbermouth reports Southern Lord has announced the signing of the young Florida hardcore act CENTURIES. The band will take part in this year's South By Southwest Music Conference, after which they'll tour out to Greensboro, North Carolina to record their as-yet-untitled new CD with Kris Hilbert at Legitimate Business. Busting out with an emotive punk-influenced style of hardcore with elements of explosive metalcore and morose d-beat persuasions, CENTURIES should appeal to fans of comparable Southern Lord acts like BAPTISTS, HEARTLESS and NAILS, but their overall sound more akin to traditional modern hardcore acts than most any other on the label. In addition to releasing several demo and indie recordings, CENTURIES has toured stateside alongside OLD WOUNDS, PRAY FOR TEETH, HOMESTRETCH and more, and toured Europe in late 2012 with Poland's DRIP OF LIES.
- Blabbermouth reports Savannah, Georgia's BLACK TUSK has completed recording its new EP for a spring release via Relapse Records. Recorded with producer Phillip Cope (KYLESA, BARONESS) at the Jam Room in Columbia, South Carolina, it will serve as a gateway between 2011's "Set The Dial" and the band's next full-length effort. BLACK TUSK recently hit the road for a short run of headline dates, followed up by a month-long run of shows with TODAY IS THE DAY, KEN MODE and FIGHT AMP, then a two-week run with KVELERTAK and CANCER BATS. BLACK TUSK is scheduled to appear at this year's South By Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas. The group will headline both the Rock Of Ages Tattoo Showcase at Yellow Jacket Social Club on Friday, March 15 with labelmates HOWL and TRUE WIDOW and the official Relapse Records / Chaos in Tejas showcase with ASG, ROYAL THUNDER, HOWL, INTER ARMA and CALL OF THE VOID on Saturday March 16 at Red 7.
- Blabbermouth reports "Dirty", the sixth full-length album from Italo-Norwegian hard-industrial-electro extreme metallers ABORYM, will be released on May 28 in Europe and June 11 in North America via Agonia Records. The 10-track double album (cover below) will be made available in digipak, jewel case and gatefold double LP formats. "Dirty" was recorded at the Fear No One Studios in Italy with Emiliano Natali, reprising his sound engineer role from the band's "Psychogrotesque" album, and was helmed by Marc Urselli of New York's Eastside Sound Studio, who previously worked with the likes of Mike Patton and Lou Reed. The electronic part of the album was engineered by D. Loop (KEBABTRAUME, LIMBO). R.G. Narchost (STORMCROW, DEMON'S SHADE, DROWNING ASHES) created "The Spiral Shaped Chamber" custom sounds library for the band. Artwork for the album is by ABORYM's Fabban. The first CD of the album features new material, while the second CD features two tracks from previous albums, which have been completely re-arranged and re-recorded, covers of tracks by IRON MAIDEN, PINK FLOYD and NINE INCH NAILS, and a previously unreleased track performed by both musicians such as Agonia BV, Tamara Picardo, Samuel Heru Ra Ha MK, Hostis, Ulven, Mike Bizzini, David Cholasta, Tobias Dünnebacke, Jonathan Butcher, Jessy Lavallee, Thomas Hochstetler, Mary J. Rooks, Amanda Neilson and Mark Llewellyn, as well as several fans. The song was written by Alberto Penzin (CO2, ex-SCHIZO) and was spliced together from all the different sources.
"Dirty" track listing:
01. Irreversible Crisis 02. Across The Universe 03. Dirty 04. Bleedthrough 05. Raped By Daddy 06. I Don't Know 07. The Factory Of Death 08. Helter Skelter Youth 09. Face The Reptile 10. The Day The Sun Stopped Shining
01. Fire Walk With Us (new version originally released on “Fire Walk With Us”) 02. Roma Divina Urbs (new version originally released on “Kali Yuga Bizarre”) 03. Hallowed Be Thy Name (IRON MAIDEN Cover) 04. Comfortably Numb (PINK FLOYD Cover) 05. Hurt (NINE INCH NAILS Cover) 06. Need For Limited Loss (new track)
Formed in 1992 by frontman Fabban, ABORYM started life as a covers band and went through several transformations, eventually pioneering what the band calls hard-industrial-electro extreme metal. Today's line up consists of Italians Fabban on vocals, bass and synths and Paolo Pieri (HOUR OF PENANCE) on guitars, keyboards and programming, along with Norway's Bård G. "Faust" Eithun (BLOOD TSUNAMI, MONGO NINJA, ex-EMPEROR) on drums. With "Dirty" being the band's first release since 2010's "Psychogrotesque", all three musicians have something to say about it. Pieri: "This is definitely the most schizoid and experimental ABORYM work so far. This time we focused on pushing the boundaries of electronic music one step forward while retaining the ruthless brutality of extreme metal in a way totally ahead of the times." Eithun: "This time around, ABORYM push everything further; the electronic and industrial elements have never been so present. Rest assured, no matter how sick, twisted and beyond everything it sounds, it is still ABORYM." Fabban: "I believe that 'Dirty' represents the best material ever written by ABORYM from 1992 until today. Given that it wasn't that easy to go beyond an album such as 'Psychogrotesque', I strongly believe that this time we did exceed every limit and every concept of experimentation — manipulating all the clichès of extreme metal, industrial or electronic music and pushing together elements that are so far away from each other. As a result, we achieved something really innovative, powerful, refined and of a really high standard. The quality of sounds, the nuances, the details passing through the recording quality; the quality of the machines that we used and abused, the quality of the lyrics, the artwork and the performances of each of us and of all the people who have worked with us, are definitely all at the top. 'Dirty' is a record that simply expands the range of our listeners, it's an album that everyone can enjoy and really appreciate. I am personally very excited and, at the same time, really proud of what you'll soon be able to listen to. We worked so hard for the past two years on this double album that we have no words to really explain how excited we are to finally see it released. It's an album that will further change the history of extreme music. Of that, I have no doubt."
- Blabbermouth reports the History Channel's newest series, "Vikings", a historical fiction series based on the reign of Viking king Ragnar Lothbrok directed by Michael Hirst ("Elizabeth", "The Tudors"), will feature music by Norwegian heritage folk act WARDRUNA in several episodes. The series, which premiered earlier this week, has licensed several songs from both albums in the group's in-progress "Runaljod" trilogy — 2009's "Gap Var Ginnuga" and the upcoming album "Yggdrasil", due out April 2 in North America. Make sure to tune in to "Vikings" on the History Channel on Sundays at 10/9C to hear WARDRUNA! You can hear a sample of the first seven tracks from the upcoming album "Yggdrasil" along with insight and commentary from founding members Kvitrafn and Gaahl (GOD SEED, ex-GORGOROTH) in the two teaser videos below. "Yggdrasil" is the follow-up to "Gap Var Ginnunga" and is the second album in the group's planned "Runaljod" trilogy based on the interpretation of the runes of the elder futhark.
"Yggdrasil" track listing:
01. Rotlaust Tre Fell
Total running time: 66:14
"Yggdrasil" will be available as regular jewel case CD and as digibook CD with an exclusive 32-page booklet. Vinyl version will be available through Back On Black. The digibook version will also be sold together with a limited-edition necklace as a package. About the new album, Kvitrafn commented, "It has taken me quite a while to find the necessary calmness and time needed in order to create the way I do. Last year in November, I began recording 'Yggdrasil', the second part of the 'Runaljod' trilogy. The creative process has been time-consuming and demanding, but I am very happy... "Like our previous album, it is partly recorded outdoors and in places or situations relevant to the given song. Although the instruments are more or less the same as on 'Gap Var Ginnunga', the nature of the set of runes featured on 'Yggdrasil' have naturally made it a very different album. It is also worth noting that this time I've been working more closely with Lindy and Gaahl during the creative process. We are all very satisfied with the result so far, and we are looking forward to presenting this new piece of old-rooted culture!" WARDRUNA recently performed at the medieval/fantasy festival Castlefest in the Netherlands, about which Selvik commented: "A lot has happened since the release of our debut album in 2009. We have been lucky enough to be able to perform at some really special places and interesting festivals. A concert with WARDRUNA is in my view two-way communication, and meeting our audience has been both overwhelming and very inspiring for us." Additonally, the band has been confirmed to perform at this year's Inferno metal festival, set to take place March 14-16 in Switzerland, alongside acts such as ANAAL NATHRAKH, PRIMORDIAL, DARK FUNERAL, MY DYING BRIDE and AURA NOIR. In September, WARDRUNA will make its American live debut at the Stella Natura Festival, an ambient/folk/black/doom-centered event to be held at Shinnyboo Creek Resort in California's Tahoe National Forest.
- Loudwire reports Brian "Head" Welch’s Love and Death discuss debut album "Between Here & Lost" and more
- Loudwire reports Ugly Kid Joe unleash wideo for "I’m Alright" from new "Stairway to Hell" EP Read more at Noisecreep
- Loudwire reports Escape the Fate address circle of violence in powerful"‘Ungrateful" video
- Loudwire reports Upon a Burning Body headline Sumerian Records showcase at SXSW Festival
- Classic Rock reports Swedish band La Fleur Fatale think they’re part of a new wave of psyche – so they paid homage to the past with a magical mystery tour across America to meet members of Strawberry Alarm Clock, Electric Prunes, original Nirvana, and, er, the Bay City Rollers…
- Noisecreep posts 10 killer metal bands to check out in Austin next week at SXSW
- Noisecreep reports where are they now? Kevin Crowley of The Abused and NYHC artist
- Noisecreep posts an interview with Buckcherry singer on his father's suicide inspired film
- Noisecreep reports Def Leppard singer Joe Elliot thinks Slipknot, Foo Fighters might also do Las Vegas residencies in the future
- Noisecreep reports Bad Religion, The Bronx team up for North American tour. Read more at Loudwire
- Spinner posts video of Prince smashed roots guitarist's vintage Epiphone on "Fallon"
- Spinner posts Patti Smith, Camera Solo: Punk Pioneer's Pics of Pope's Slippers, Neil Young's Guitar
- Spinner posts 10 musicians turned photographers: Michael Stipe, Patti Smith, Bryan Adams and more
- Rolling Stone reports Yoko Ono approves use of John Lennon song in "The New Normal"
- Rolling Stone posts a flashback Steely Dan play "Do It Again" on "The Midnight Special" in 1973
- NME reports Noel Gallagher criticises Muse drummer for smoking an electronic cigarette
- NME reports Lou Reed turns up to public playback of his album "Transformer"
- NME reports David Bowie teams up with Paul Smith for "The Next Day" tshirt
- Blabbermouth posts video of Vince Neil learning to fly on "The Aviators"; first part of episode
- Blabbermouth posts the "Hope In Hell" album teaser from Anvil
- Blabbermouth posts video of Jeff Loomis covering Jason Becker's "Perpetual Burn"
- Blabbermouth posts the fourth "Circle" studio clip from Amorphis
- Blabbermouth posts the "War Of Ages" album teaser from Serenity
- Blabbermouth posts the making of "Uprising" from Bleed From Within
- Blabbermouth posts video footage from the "Solarflesh" recording sessions from Hate
- Blabbermouth posts a "Black Flag" video teaser from Ektimorf
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of Kiss on Australia's "The Footy Show", Flyleaf acoustic and Slayer with Jon Dette and Gary Holt in Melbourne
Read more quick hits at Noisecreep
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video
Teenage Time K..