- Blabbermouth reports on March 9, founding KISS drummer Peter Criss will be honored by the American Cancer Society as Humanitarian Of The Year at this year's Hope Lounge gala. Chaired by Lori Kirsch, the American Cancer Society's Hope Lounge will be held in the exciting new venue Encore at 106 Schanck Road, Freehold, New Jersey 07728. The festivities will begin at 8 p.m. with designer cocktails, gourment, hors d'oeuvres, premier entertainment , dancing, live and silent auction and casino games. Hope Lounge is one of the premier cocktail-style events of its kind to be held in Monmouth County, as more than 200 attendees, including corporate sponsors, prominent medical and business professionals as well as social and political leaders, underwriters and guests are expected to attend this exciting event. For more information, go to this location. While some men feel embarrassed because of "this macho crap," Criss told CNN surviving breast cancer was actually a blessing. He was treated before the tumor could spread and said he was speaking about male breast cancer to raise the profile of this rare disease. Criss, who played drums for KISS and was known as "Catman," offered this advice to men who spot lumps in their breast: "Don't sit around playing Mr. Tough Guy. Don't say 'It's going to go away.' It might not and you might not see life anymore and how beautiful that is." Criss, who is currently working on a new rock album, told Reuters his bout with cancer had affected his songwriting. "My lyrics are not so deep and dismal," he said. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock
- Blabbermouth reports legendary rockers KISS will perform on the season premiere of "The Footy Show", an Australian sports variety television program covering the professional rugby league, on Thursday, March 7 at 9.45 p.m. AEDT KISS will play two of their hits live in the studio to kick off the 20th season of "The Footy Show". "What an amazing way to kick off our 20th year, with one of the biggest rock bands in the world live in the studio. ['The Footy Show' host] Fatty [Paul Vautin] is such a KISS tragic, we may need to have oxygen on standby," Glenn Pallister, executive producer of "The Footy Show", said. KISS kicked off its Australian tour in Perth last Thursday — its first in five years — with MÖTLEY CRÜE and THIN LIZZY opening.
- Blabbermouth reports according to PanArmenian.net, a song co-written by BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has been chosen as Armenia's entry into the Eurovision Song Contest. DORIANS frontman Gor Sujyan's "Lonely Planet" was selected at a Saturday, March 2 national vote to be performed at Eurovision in Malmö, Sweden. The identity of the song's composers — Iommi (music) and Vardan Zadoyan (lyrics) — had been kept secret for a while. The dates set for the two Eurovision semifinals are May 14 and May 16, with the final taking place on the evening of May 18. Iommi and DEEP PURPLE/ex-BLACK SABBATH singer Ian Gillan have spent a lot of time in Armenia, fallen in love with the country and the people and have dedicated a lot of work to a nation still shocked after the earthquake that struck Armenia on December 7, 1988. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports the release date of POISON singer Bret Michaels's new solo album, "Good Songs & Great Friends", has been pushed back to June 11 from the previously announced March 26 (via Poor Boy Records). The effort brings together the friends that Michaels has made along the way with some of the songs that have shaped all of that success. Featuring collaborations with artists from a variety of genres and generations, this album contains a live duet with Jimmy Buffett ("Margaritaville"), a cover of "Sweet Home Alabama" with Gary Rossington, Rickey Medlocke and Peter Keys from LYNYRD SKYNYRD playing on the track, new versions of some of POISON's biggest hits, including the highly anticipated remake of "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" with Loretta Lynn. Musical greats such as Joe Perry of AEROSMITH, Michael Anthony of VAN HALEN/CHICKENFOOT, Leslie West of MOUNTAIN, Ace Frehley of KISS/FREHLEY'S COMET appear on this record, just to name a few. Two new songs are included on the CD — the wildly popular ode to social media "The App Song" and "You Know You Want It". The single, "Get Your Rock On", released at the beginning of 2012, makes its album debut featuring Phil Collen of DEF LEPPARD/MANRAZE and Sal Costa of MY DARKEST DAYS. The genre-bending album features 17 songs, and in addition to the artists mentioned above, also includes guest appearances by Miley Cyrus, Hugh McDonald (BON JOVI), Bobby Capps (.38 SPECIAL), Scot Coogan (LITA FORD), THE SHEILDS BROTHERS, and more.
"Good Songs & Great Friends" track listing:
01. Nothin' But A Good Time
02. Get Your Rock On
03. Sweet Home Alabama
04. The App Song
06. Every Rose Has Its Thorn
07. You Know You Want It
08. Unskinny Bop
09. Nothing To Lose
11. Driven (Rock Mix)
13. What I Got
14. Talk Dirty To Me
15. Go That Far (Hybrid Mix)
16. Party Rock Band
17. Every Rose Has Its Thorn (Country Version)
The song "You Know You Want It" is available at MySpace. In an interview with Gimme Noise, Bret stated about his upcoming CD, "I'm really proud of what we've done with it. It's really not just a Bret Michaels album. I had so many other talented artists come in and support that it's really a 'Bret Michaels And Friends' album. There's a staggering amount of talent on this album. . . It's been such a fun project for me and I'm excited to share it with the fans."
- Blabbermouth reports POISON drummer Rikki Rockett and his wife, singer/songwriter Melanie Martel, welcomed a daughter, Lucy Sky Rockett. Rikki and Melanie's first child, a boy named Jude Aaron Rockett, was born on July 14, 2009. He weighed in at seven pounds, four ounces and measured 21 inches long. Rikki and Melanie were married on October 18, 2008.
- Blabbermouth reports drummer Jason Rullo of progressive metallers SYMPHONY X was admitted last month to the hospital for heart failure. Jason spent a week in the hospital, and has since been released. He has started a rehab program and has been told that his recovery will take a minimum of 3-6 months under doctors' care. In a brand new posting on his Facebook page, Rullo stated about the outpouring of support he has received since his health scare was first revealed: "I can't thank everybody enough for your support in this time. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who have written in on our various media outlets. I can feel the love and again can't tell you how much it means to me. I am doing my best to recover and all the positive vibes sure help!" SYMPHONY X's ninth studio album, "Iconoclast", sold more than 7,000 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 76 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's previous CD, "Paradise Lost", opened with around 6,500 copies back in July 2007. "Iconoclast" was released in Europe on June 17, 2011 and in North America on June 21, 2011 via Nuclear Blast Records.
- Blabbermouth reports Austrian modern melodic death metallers LOST DREAMS have announced the addition of singer Sebastian Brandauer to the group's ranks. Comments LOST DREAMS guitarist Andreas Maierhofer: "Sebastian sings and performs with a lot of attitude and really likes the LOST DREAMS music style. He will contribute with his own style, but he can sing the classic LOST DREAMS songs very close to the original singer and also deliver the hard-hitting vocals like Stefan [Traunig] did." Added LOST DREAM guitarist Herbert Sopracolle: "We are extremely excited to announce and welcome Sebastian Brandauer into the band as vocalist. Sebastian has really been a breath of fresh air for us. Sebastian's voice add new dimensions to our sound."
LOST DREAMS is:
Sebastian Brandauer - Vocals
Herbert Sopracolle - Guitar
Andreas Maierhofer - Guitar
Dominik Hormann - Bass
Rafael Peychär - Drums
LOST DREAMS' "Demons Call My Name" video can be seen below. The clip was filmed in Vienna by Obscura Film. "Demons Call My Name" comes off LOST DREAMS' fifth album, "Blinded By Rage", which was released on November 4, 2011 via Twilight Zone Records.
- Blabbermouth reports former JUGGERNAUT vocalist Harlan Glenn, who appeared on the band's cult classic "Baptism Under Fire" debut album, has just released a brand new book as the co-author of "Kampfraum Arnheim: A Photo Study Of The German Soldier Fighting In And Around Arnhem September 1944" via RZM Publishing. "Kampfraum Arnheim" (Battle Zone Arnhem), is a unique in-depth photographic documentation of the German ground forces which opposed the Allied Airborne landings in Holland in September 1944. Their response to this Anglo-American offensive, code-named "Operation Market-Garden," was chronicled by eight German war correspondents whose 16 rolls of film are the primary focus of this publication. The material was acquired exclusively from the German Federal Archives and depicts Heer, Luftwaffe and Waffen-SS troops in action at Arnhem, Nijmegen, Mook and Oosterbeek. A respected author of several books on militaria and military history as well as an actor in and historical consultant for various war-themed feature films and television documentries, Harlan Glenn was born in Tripoli, Libya and lived on Okinawa Japan, and Oahu, Hawaii before settling down in San Antonio, Texas with his family. An avid fan of the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, Glenn got involved in the thriving Texas metal scene of the early 1980s and became the controversial frontman for San Antonio upstarts JUGGERNAUT. The band would contribute a demo track, "In The Blood Of Virgins", to Metal Blade's "Metal Massacre VII" compilation before being picked up by the label for a full-album deal, issuing two albums in the process, "Baptism Under Fire" (1986) — reissued on CD by Germany's High Vaultage label in 1998 — and "Trouble Within" (1988). Glenn left JUGGERNAUT in 1987 for Los Angeles, California where he fronted locals BON APPETIT before turning his attention to acting work and writing. His first book was 1999's "For King And Country: British Airborne Uniforms, Insignia & Equipment In World War II". For more information, visit HarlanGlenn.com.
- Blabbermouth reports Austrian extreme metallers MASTIC SCUM have issued the following update: "We are currently working on 11 new brutal tracks again at Grindlab Studio!! Drums are already recorded and got nailed down by Man Gandler. Bass and guitars will be tracked within next week. We've also already started the vocal recordings with Maggo Wenzel. There will also be some guest vocal appearances!! "Due different reasons, we have to postpone a studio-session back to March/April. As we cannot keep the release date in spring, the album release is pushed back to summer/fall 2013 through Masssacre Records." MASTIC SCUM previously stated about the musical direction of its new material: "The new songs are shaping up in a new brutal style and also on a higher technical level. With this release, we went back to our roots putting some experimental parts and also we made a big step forward to new structures and rhythms." MASTIC SCUM's latest album, "Dust", which was released on November 13, 2009 via Twilight Distribution. 12 songs were recorded for the effort, which was mixed at Grindlab Studio and mastered by Jacob Hansen (HEAVEN SHALL BURN, ABORTED, HATESPHERE). Artwork for the CD was created by Killustrations (SIX FEET UNDER, KATAKLYSM, AMON AMARTH). MASTIC SCUM in 2009 parted ways with vocalist Will due to "musical differences" and replaced him with Maggo Wenzel (INZEST, TRISTWOOD, WATCH ME BLEED).
- Loudwire reports Clutch find their "Eddie" with the "Earth Rocker" album artwork
- Billboard reports Morrissey schools fans at Hollywood high gig with solo, Smiths classics
- Blabbermouth posts video How Well Do The Members of Deftones Know Their Own Band?
- Blabbermouth posts the trailer for Anthrax guitarist's "Blood & Guts" second season. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth posts new music from SuidAkrA