Device, the new band formed by Disturbed frontman David Draiman, has issued the first single and video from its upcoming self-titled debut. The track is called "Vilify" and Draiman told us where it's coming from musically and lyrically: "It is a very fierce introductory track for this record. It has a very strong fusion of that electronic element in there. Still very heavy, still very rhythmic. Very anthemic, very intensely melodic. It's a song that lyrically is talking about everyone out there who likes to make me out to be such a bad guy, this monster of epic proportions, which I'm really not."
- The track and video were officially released on Tuesday (February 19th) after the song was leaked over the weekend.
- Draiman launched Device last year with ex-Filter guitarist Geno Lenardo, after Disturbed announced in the fall of 2011 that it was going on an extended hiatus.
- Lenardo will not be part of the Device live band due to previous commitments, but the touring lineup includes Evanescence drummer Will Hunt and Dope guitarist Virus.
- Device's debut album is due out April 9th and features guest appearances from Avenged Sevenfold singer M. Shadows, System Of A Down vocalist Serj Tankian, Rage Against The Machine guitarist Tom Morello, Halestorm singer Lzzy Hale, Black Sabbath bassist Geezer Butler and ex-Deep Purple bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes.
- The group will make its debut at several big U.S. rock festivals this April and May, including Welcome To Rockville, Carolina Rebellion and Rock On The Range.
CHECK IT OUT: Watch the video for "Vilify":
LISTENERS' POLL: What do you think of "Vilify" and do you like what you hear so far from Device?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Loudwire and Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
Word2YourMuffler wrote: "I got to the chorus and shut it off. Boring, re-hash s*** with childish lyrics. Next!"
Skulleater wrote: "David Draiman is one of the all time great metal frontmen, right along side of Ozzy, Dio and Phil Anselmo."
monkeytime wrote: "This song sounds like a Disturbed reject tune, something they would never put on a record. What a f***ing waste, may as well have made another s***ty Disturbed record."
lardo5150 wrote: "Does Draiman ever try anything new with his lyrics and style?"
Ryas Ju Avey wrote: "Wow this is a great song! But still Disturbed will always be my favorite."
David Draiman On Device's First Single 'Vilify'
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire
Read more about the video at Blabbermouth and Loudwire
Check out the readers poll at Loudwire
Check out an interview at Blabbermouth