Five Finger Death Punch is aiming for a summer 2013 release for its fourth studio album, which the band is in the process of recording now. Guitarist Zoltan Bathory has posted a series of photos from the sessions online at Instagram, with his captions mentioning a summer arrival for the disc and teasing an album title. The group is recording at the Hideout in its hometown of Las Vegas.
The new CD will be Five Finger Death Punch's fourth release in six years, and Bathory told us a while back that he didn't worry about Five Finger Death Punch coming up with new material: "We have a lot to say. I tell you what, we're not going to be hurting for material for a long time probably. We have like three, four albums worth of stuff. So it's not gonna be an issue. It's pretty much just the mechanical part of like, you know, like properly recording the songs. You have to go to a good studio, you know what I mean, you have to spend some time. But all the material, yeah, we have a lot of stuff."
- Guitarist Jason Hook told Loudwire last summer that the band had taken recording equipment on tour with them, explaining, "The idea behind that is just to keep the creative muscle worked out. It's just like going to the gym; if you stop for a year, you lose all your strength . . . touring is great, but we should always be prepared and always exercising that creative muscle -- in my opinion, anyway."
- Five Finger Death Punch's new disc will follow up 2011's American Capitalist, which featured the singles "Under And Over It," "Remember Everything" and "The Pride." All three of the band's albums so far have gone gold.
- The band is scheduled to make a number of festival appearances this summer, along with a slot on a yet-to-be-announced "big tour" -- rumored to be the Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival -- in the U.S.
CHECK IT OUT: See one of Bathory's in-studio shots at http://instagram.com/p/Vw8HhbzDks/
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- This band really divides metal fans. Some love them, some hate them. Why do you think that is?
- How do you feel about this group?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Loudwire and Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
Sadistikexekution wrote: "Oh no more crap from the crapband of all crapbands."
D.j. Bouchard wrote: "Hopefully its better than their last album."
Luca Huber wrote: "Pretty cool, certainly looking forward to their next release."
Dustin Fuhrman wrote: "they havent had a good album since way of the fist..."
Oliver Hammond wrote: "Awesome news. Really enjoy this band's music."
Depakote wrote: "That meteorite should have hit the studio where they were recording. Biggest. Douchebag. Band. Ever."
Zoltan Bathory Says Five Finger Death Punch Has Lots Of Songs
Read more at Blabbermouth and Loudwire