Thom Yorke and Nigel Godrich have announced three "Two Turntables And A Microphone" tour dates to launch the new Atoms for Peace album, Amok. The shows are as follows: February 22nd in London, March 8th in Berlin and March 14th in New York City. Amok hits stores on February 26th. Read more at NME
Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park has teamed with the "Centerstage Powerd By Grammy Amplifier" project to be a mentor for up-and-coming artists. Artists looking to enter can submit their music through SoundCloud and panel of judges including Shinoda will select three acts to win a recording session with a Grammy award winning producer. He tells Rolling Stone, "I'm looking forward to seeing artists whose style I might not be expected to like catch my ear." Read more at Loudwire, Noisecreep and Rolling Stone
- Kings of Leon drummer Nathan Followill took to Twitter on Friday night (February 8th) to share a photo of his 6-week-old baby girl Violet Marlow. He wrote, "Hello world, my name is Violet, nice to meet you." Followill is married to singer-songwriter Jessie Baylin. Read more at Spinner
Hello world, my name is Violet, nice to meet you. pic.twitter.com/TJB0rqhs
- Blabbermouth reports be part of the audience of a live taping of the Apple Meet the Author series featuring Brad Tolinski, editor-in-chief of Guitar World magazine, as he discusses his book, "Light & Shade: Conversations With Jimmy Page". This event takes place at the Apple Store in SoHo in New York City on Wednesday, February 13 at 7 p.m. Space is limited so get there early!
103 Prince Street
New York, NY 10012
About "Light & Shade: Conversations With Jimmy Page": This "oral autobiography" of Jimmy Page, the intensely private mastermind behind LED ZEPPELIN — one of the most enduring bands in rock history — is the most complete and revelatory portrait of the legendary guitarist ever published. More than 30 years after disbanding in 1980, LED ZEPPELIN continues to be celebrated for its artistic achievements, broad musical influence, and commercial success. The band's notorious exploits have been chronicled in bestselling books; yet none of the individual members of the band has penned a memoir nor cooperated to any degree with the press or a biographer. In "Light & Shade", Jimmy Page, the band's most reticent and inscrutable member, opens up to journalist Brad Tolinski, for the first time exploring his remarkable life and musical journey in great depth and intimate detail. As editor-in-chief of Guitar World magazine, the world's best selling magazine for musicians, Brad Tolinski has had the opportunity to interview and profile some of music's greatest guitarists, including Eric Clapton, B.B. King, Eddie Van Halen, Jack White and Jeff Beck.
- Blabbermouth reports ANTHRAX guitarist Scott Ian and FOZZY frontman and WWE wrestling superstar Chris Jericho will team up for two nights of spoken word in Austrailiaat the end of February. Dubbed "an evening of stories from 30 years of metal, wrestling…and drinking!" the event will see Ian and Jericho delivering "a no-holds-barred question-and-answer session [where] absolutely nothing will be off limits." Commented Ian: "This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. I've been travelling the world in the company of and hanging out with the greatest people on the planet for 31 years and I've got to tales to tell." Jericho is one of the greatest showmen of the modern era, and Melbourne and Sydney fans will get to hear first-hand uncensored tales from the roads travelled as both WWE champion and with FOZZY. Tickets are strictly limited and available from tomorrow (Tuesday, Febraury 12) at 9 a.m. AEDT. Read more at Loudwire. Check out a teaser at Blabbermouth
Tuesday, February 26
Sydney, Oxford Arts Factory - 18+
Wednesday, February 27
Melbourne, The Toff In Town - 18+
- Blabbermouth reports German/British melodic hard rockers PINK CREAM 69 are preparing to film a video for the song "Special" and are looking for people to act as Internet users/chatters. The track's lyrics are about people pretending to be something they are not in the social media. If interested, please make a short video of yourself sitting in front of a computer doing "stuff" and send it to: email@example.com (e-mail or download link). You should be looking funny, crazy, weird or sexy. You will be chatting with the video's main female character. The best short videos will make it to he actual video with a length of 1-2 seconds max. "Special" comes off PINK CREAM 69's new album, "Ceremonial", which was released on January 25 in Europe and January 22 in North America via Frontiers Records. The cover artwork was created by Kai Brockschmidt (PRETTY MAIDS, ROYAL HUNT) and can be seen below. Six years after the critically praised "In10sity" CD, PINK CREAM 69 delivers another slice of great arena hard rock. Hot on heels after a successful German tour with HELLOWEEN and STRATOVARIUS, "Ceremonial" is PINK CREAM 69's second studio effort for Frontiers and the first with their new drummer, Chris Schmidt. Recorded partially at Hofa Studios and mixed at Dennis Ward's private studio — The TrakShak — the effort is possibly the freshest and most diverse PINK CREAM 69 album to date. The songs had to be 100% ready and we took all the necessary time," states bass player and producer Dennis Ward. "This gaves us the possibility to experiment and to achieve the best possible result." And indeed, the explosive, energetic opening track "Land Of Confusion", the contemporary rocking "Wasted Years", the biographic "I Came To Rock" the heavily '90s-influenced "Find Your Soul" and the soulful "Passage" are all new, bright and shining diamonds in a discography full of highlights and hits. "We deliberately called the album "Ceremonial" because we feel it's kind of a celebration of music styles we all grew up with, regardless of what PINK CREAM 69 has done in the past", continues Ward. "There were various projects that I was involved in over the last couple of years", adds singer David Readman. "But the work on 'Ceremonial' felt like coming home. A real relief." Read about their sales in Germany at Blabbermouth
"Ceremonial" track listing:
01. Land Of Confusion
02. Wasted Years
04. Find Your Soul
05. The Tide
06. Big Machine
07. Let The Thunder Roll
08. Right From Wrong
09. Passage Of Time
10. I Came To Rock
11. King For One Day
Check out audio samples in the YouTube clip below.
PINK CREAM 69 is:
David Readman - Vocals
Alfred Koffler - Guitar
Uwe Reitenauer - Guitar
Dennis Ward - Bass
Chris Schmidt - Drums
- Blabbermouth reports Los Angeles-based Metal Blade Records, which celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2012, has partnered with the Trenton Titans declare them as metal's official hockey team. The two brands will be launching various cross-promotions over the next few months, primarily through both companies' array of social networks. The Trenton Titans play in the ECHL the premier "AA" hockey league and are the proud affiliate to the Philadelphia Flyers in the NHL and the Adirondack Phantoms in the AHL. The Trenton Titans host a weekly Google+ and YouTube live video feed. On the show, Titans GM Rich Lisk discusses the latest games, player moves, promotions, a top 10 related to current events in Titans Nation and a question-and-answer segment. Previous broadcasts are available on the Trenton Titans YouTube channel. The Trenton Titans are about halfway through their regular season as part of the ECHL's Eastern Atlantic divison, with the remaining schedule available on TrentonTitansHockey.com. Fans can follow the team there, as well as via their other social outlets. Metal Blade Records CEO Brian Slagel teamed up at the beginning of 2011 with NHL.com's Shawn Roarke for a new radio show called "Metal Misconduct". This show features interviews with musicians and athletes, merging the worlds of sports and metal music. Past guests have included Drew Stafford (Buffallo Sabres), Josh Barnett (MMA), Kyle Turley (Kansas City Chiefs, New Orleans Saints), and more. The podcast is available on iTunes here . Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports German metal queen Doro Pesch's official Facebook page has been updated with the following message: "We regret to announce that tomorrow's [Tuesday, February 12] Doro show at The Token Lounge in Westland, Michigan is cancelled due to illness. As per doctor's orders, Doro is required to rest her voice after suffering from a sinus and throat infection for the last few days. Doro's fans mean the world to her and this was a very hard decision to make. We hope to make up this date in addition to adding more as soon as possible. Thank you for understanding and see you soon!" Doro's latest album, "Raise Your Fist", sold 585 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 65 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. In a recent interview with Lords Of Metal, Doro stated about her expectations for "Raise Your Fist", Doro said, "I will be very happy when the fans say they love the record; that's the most important for me. I really don't keep up with numbers, which are, in my opinion, great to talk about afterwards. It's nice if we will be able to make the charts again, but to me, those kind of things don't really matter. Much more important is that the fans dig the songs in a live situation and, since we already played 'Raise Your Fist' several times live, the first signs are very positive."
- Blabbermouth reports ANNIHILATOR mainman Jeff Waters will record a guest appearance next week on the new album from Finnish metallers CHILDREN OF BODOM. In a recent interview with Finland's Soundi magazine, CHILDREN OF BODOM guitarist/vocalist Alexi Laiho stated about Waters' contribution to the new BODOM CD: "I played on ANNIHILATOR's album 'Metal' in 2007, so the way I see it, Jeff Waters owes BODOM a solo or two! It's payback time." CHILDREN OF BODOM recently entered Danger Johnny Studios in Helsinki to begin work on its as-yet-untitled eighth album. For the recording of the LP, CHILDREN OF BODOM has teamed up with recording engineer Mikko Karmila, who worked with the band on their fan-favorite albums "Hatebreeder", "Follow The Reaper" and "Hate Crew Deathroll", as well as Swedish producer Peter Tägtgren (MARDUK, AMON AMARTH), who is overseeing production of both vocals and keyboards on the record. The album will be mixed at Finnvox Studios in Helsinki for a summer release via Nuclear Blast Records. "It's a nice change to the regular method where we lock ourselves up at a studio in the middle of the woods, usually also during the darkest time of the year," Laiho said. Tägtgren travelled to Finland earlier thos month to oversee the keyboard and vocal recordings for his longtime allies. In an in-depth interview with Soundi last September, CHILDREN OF BODOM guitarist Roope Latvala expressed interest in taking a more prominent role in the arranging of the band material. "In my opinion many guitar parts could be made more interesting and balanced with just minor tweaks," Roope said, perhaps inspired by his recent work with Finn composer Anssi Tikanmäki's national anthem album project. Has this comment led to Alexi giving the former STONE axeman more leeway and responsibility in the fine-tuning of the songwriting process? "Now that you mention it, Roope did voice his opinions more than usual this time around," Alexi said. "And maybe the others, too. As far as the actual question goes, the usual rule applies: all good ideas are taken into consideration." And finally, CHILDREN OF BODOM wouldn't be CHILDREN OF BODOM without some new off-the-wall cover tracks recorded during the sessions for later use as bonus tracks for the as-of-yet untitled disc, due out before the summer. "We will be doing our versions of songs by BANANARAMA and ROXETTE, and a track chosen for us by the readers of the Japanese magazine Burrn!" Alexi said.
- Blabbermouth reports Atlants's NORMA JEAN has finished recording its new album for a late spring release. The CD was laid down at Covenant Recording studio in Kansas City, Missouri with producer Joshua Barber (YOUR MEMORIAL, HANDS). NORMA JEAN frontman Cory Brandan previously stated about the band's new album: "We are looking at an 11- or 12-song track listing with a few left over for other special releases. "We have been working very closely with producer/engineers Joshua Barber and Aaron Crawford. Awesome dudes with a lot of great ideas. They've definitely helped us push ourselves to do more with the record. "We really like the idea of talking about the songs and all getting connected to them emotionally/psychologically. It's something we learned while working with Ross Robinson. It's a great way to get all of us on the same page and fused in a common vision, even though we may have different interpretations. We believe that if we all know what every song is about, then we WILL play the songs differently and with more passion. "We spent almost two years writing this. We have definitely found so many ways to expand on what we've done before and progress into making something new. This is definitely something new, but don't misunderstand. It's heavy! We're metalheads! Born and raised." NORMA JEAN's last album, "Meridional", sold 9,800 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 45 on The Billboard 200 chart. The band's fourth CD, "The Anti Mother", opened with more than 16,000 copies back in August 2008 to land at No. 29. "Meridional" was released on July 13, 2010 via Razor & Tie.
- Blabbermouth reports Finnish/Swedish melodic metallers STRATOVARIUS have finished filming a video for the song "Halcyon Days". A couple of photos from the video shoot can be seen below. "Halcyon Days" comes off STRATOVARIUS' new album, "Nemesis", which will be released on February 22 via earMUSIC. The CD will be made available as a standard 11-track edition as well as 13-track special edition. A tatse of the new studio album can be enjoyed with the limited-edition EP "Unbreakable", released on January 25. STRATOVARIUS are hailed as one of the most influential and successful symphonic metal bands in the world and they have managed to establish themselves as one of the metal scene's heavy names. The new album, "Nemesis", unites all the best traits of the band's melodic, powerful, fresh and technically elaborated metal, all spiced up with an incredible sense for melody. The album was produced and mixed by Matias Kupiainen and mastered by Mika Jussila from Finnvox studios, who has a long history with the band. "Nemesis" has a dark and more modern sound compared to the band's last album, "Elysium". It clearly shows how much the band has matured and grown as songwriters. At the same time, the band focused all their attention and work into creating and recording "Nemesis". Singer Timo Kotipelto spent three weeks recording the vocals in a cottage in the Finnish countryside.
"Nemesis" track listing:
03. Stand My Ground
04. Halcyon Days
06. Out Of The Fog
07. Castles In The Air
09. One Must Fall
10. If The Story Is Over
STRATOVARIUS in June 2012 announced the addition of drummer Rolf Pilve to the group's ranks.
- Blabbermouth reports "The Line Of Least Resistance", the new Benjamin Cappelletti-directed video from Swiss metallers SYBREED, will make its online debut on Monday, February 18. SYBREED's last clip, "No Wisdom Brings Solace", can be seen below. The video was directed by Anthony Dubois and was filmed on October 18, 2012 during the Euroblast Festival at the Underground in Cologne, Germany. "The Line Of Least Resistance" and "No Wisdom Brings Solace" come off SYBREED's fourth album, "God Is An Automaton", which was released on September 24, 2012 in Europe and October 2, 2012 in North America via Listenable Records. The follow-up to 2010's "The Pulse Of Awakening" was recorded at Downtone Studio in Geneva and was once again mixed in Los Angeles by Rhys Fulber, who has previously worked with FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY, FEAR FACTORY and PARADISE LOST, among others. The artwork was created by Seth Siro Anton (SOILWORK, PARADISE LOST, SEPTICFLESH) and can be seen below. Seth Siro Anton previously commented on his artwork for "God Is An Automaton": "My works are distorting dream mirrors of the body and soul. Human nature attracted often to specific art forms which are essentially attracted by the reflected dream world. On SYBREED new artwork, I tried to decode-externalize the architect of the blackest light, an automated God, an ironic priest which is fighting between two different levels of reality. An ironic synthesis combination of modern classicism. It was a great challenge and pleasure trying to visualize their new masterpiece."
- Blabbermouth reports Svart Records has set a March 22 release date for HIGH PRIEST OF SATURN's self-titled debut. Self-described as a psychedelic doom act inspired by classic stoner bands and '60s and '70s psychedelic rock, HIGH PRIEST OF SATURN is a Norwegian three-piece that consists of guitarist Martin Sivertsen and guitarist-drummer Andreas Hagen's slow-pounding riffs and beats and Merethe Heggset's eerie vocals, which seem to resonate from another dimension. The entire "High Priest Of Saturn" opus is drenched with swirling, menacing vintage organ sounds, played on the album by Ole Kristian Malmedal. Groovy yet epic (none of the four tracks presented here are below the nine-minute mark!), HIGH PRIEST OF SATURN's debut full-length is a trip. Not only does it fulfill the many promises offered by their 2011 demo (whose two songs have been re-recorded here in even heavier and more mesmerizing versions), but it also propels this trio towards the same league as SLEEP and ACID KING, towards the sky and beyond.
"High Priest Of Saturn" track listing:
01. Protean Towers (10:30)
02. Kraken Mare (9:06)
03. Crawling King Snake (9:01)
04. On Mayda Insula (12:49)
- Blabbermouth reports Japanese metal veterans OUTRAGE entered Studio Fredman in Västra Frölunda, Sweden on January 11 with producer Fredrik Nordström (AT THE GATES, IN FLAMES, DARK TRANQUILLITY, ARCH ENEMY, SOILWORK, BRING ME THE HORIZON) to begin recording their new album. Photos from the studio can be found on the band's official blog. OUTRAGE's last, self-titled CD came out in November 2009. The effort was also recorded with Nordström at Studio Fredman. OUTRAGE reunited with estranged vocalist Naoki Hashimoto, who had left the band in 1999, for the 20th anniversary tour in 2007. After completing the successful tour, Hashimoto officially rejoined the band in February 2008. OUTRAGE released the limited-edition double live CD "Awakening 2008" in Japan in June 2008 through JVC Victor. Recorded during the three-night special show of the same name in Tokyo in March 2008, the first disc features the entire "The Final Day" album (1991) in live form and the entire "Life Until Deaf" album (1995) in live form on the second disc.
- Blabbermouth reports Unique Leader Records has announced the signing of Oregon's OMNIHILITY to multi-album deal. The band will enter the studio this summer to record its new album. Hailing from the Willamette "Valley Of Death" amongst the woods of Eugene, OMNIHILITY is "all about creating intense brutal and technical death metal," according to a press release. "A nod to the old-school past combined with the immense speed and precision of contemporary death metal, all while subconsciously channeling energy from arcane sources to destroy the minds of the multitude. Expect nothing... feel nothing... as the onslaught ensues."
Dan Rabago - Guitar
Jeremy Leishman - Bass
John Kurzejeski - Vocals
Steve Crum - Drums
- Loudwire reports Overkill vocalist Bobby Blitz talks East Coast Thrash Metal, gaining young fans and more
- Loudwire posts a new video for "War Of Change" by Thousand Foot Krutch
- Loudwire posts the 10 best Linkin Park songs
- Loudwire reports Inverse Phase discusses his 8-bit Nine Inch Nails tribute "Pretty Eight Machine"
- Loudwire reports Kyng forced to pull out of tour with Clutch due to injured band member
- Loudwire posts the video for "The Sound of Your Breath" from Upon This Dawning
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports Styx, Ted Nugent and REO Speedwagon announce new Midwest Rock ‘N Roll Express Tour dates
- Ultimate Classic Rock reports The Beatles record (Most of) the "Please Please Me" album in 13 hours 50 years ago
- Diffuser.fm reports Pearl Jam‘s upcoming Wrigley Field show is the fastest-selling concert in the ballpark’s history
- Noisecreep posts Nickelback's Chad Kroeger: watch hilarious video of the singer screaming
- Noisecreep reports Kvelertak frontman on their upcoming album, Norwegian trolls and Dave Grohl
- Noisecreep posts Stolen Babies: 5 facts that shed light on the band's name
- Noisecreep reports KISS Valentine's Day get married at the "Hotter Than Hell" wedding chapel in Las Vegas!
- Spinner reports Adele, new tattoo: singer spotted with "A" ink at the Grammys.
- Rolling Stone reports Jack White deep into "Blunderbuss" follow-up
- NME posts this week's new releases February 11th
- NME reports Elton John controversy forces scrutiny on foreign performers in China
- NME reports Prince charges fans £1.13 to see new music video
- NME reports Adele on performing at the Oscars: "I'm s**tting myself!"
- Blabbermouth posts video of Tesla's Dave Rude performing at KRANK booth at NAMM
- Blabbermouth posts the "Sempiternal" by Bring Me The Horizon tack-by-track breakdown video part 1
- Blabbermouth posts video of North Side Kings frontman discusses Glenn Danzig punchout on "Good Morning Arizona"
- Blabbermouth posts the second "Power & Volume" track-by-track breakdown video from Free Fall
- Blabbermouth posts part two of "The Living Infinite" track-by-track reakdown video from Soilwork
- Blabbermouth posts new music videos from As They Burn "When Everything Falls Apart" (Lyric Video) and Ex Deo "The Tiberius Cliff"
- Blabbermouth posts interviews with Stone Sour on touring, Bruce Dickinson at Queen Mary University, Queensryche drummer, The Darkness, Yngwie Malmsteen, Soil singer, In Flames drummer, Voivod, Sepultura biography author, Stratovarius, new Kamelot singer, The Faceless guitarist, Aborted frontman, Jorn Lande, Sabaton, onded By Blood drummer and Cannibal Corpse
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage of Sevendust doing their new song and Strife with Biohazard's Billy Graziadei
Read more quick hits at Noisecreep and Spinner