Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band have just added six new stops to their upcoming North American tour. Newly added dates include shows in St. Louis; Chicago; Dayton, Ohio; Auburn Hills, Michigan -- just outside of Detroit; and Brooklyn, New York. Kid Rock and Joe Walsh will be opening separately on selected dates on the leg, but so far, there's been no word if either of them will be hitting the new Midwest and New York City stops.
Bob Seger has been such a massive influence on nearly very heartland rocker to follow in his wake, we asked him who he considers his greatest inspirations: "The Spencer Davis Group was a big influence on Heavy Music. Later on, Blonde On Blonde killed me, Dylan, y'know, and I got very deep into trying to write better lyrics. In the '70s, Born To Run for the narrative songwriting, for the unusual structures, which I really admired that he wrote, besides being great rock songs and great R&B-based songs. Those are very influential on me."
- UPDATED: Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band tour dates (subject to change):
February 27 - Toledo, OH - The Huntington Center
March 5 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
March 7 - Green Bay, WI - Resch Center
March 13 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
March 15 - Saint Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center (with Kid Rock)
March 16 - Fargo, ND - Fargodome (with Kid Rock)
March 19 - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
March 21 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
March 23, 27 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena (with Joe Walsh)
March 29 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome (with Joe Walsh)
March 30 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena (with Joe Walsh)
April 2 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center (with Joe Walsh)
April 4 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
April 6 - Chicago, IL - United Center
April 9 - Dayton, OH - Wright State University's Nutter Center
April 11 - Auburn Hills, MI - The Palace Of Auburn Hills
April 16 - Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center
DID YOU KNOW???
- Over the course of his career, Bob Seger has sold 50 million albums -- including 11 platinum and seven multi-platinum RIAA-certified album sales awards.
- In 2010, Seger's 1994 Greatest Hits collection was named the "Number One Catalog Album of the Decade," and has sold over nine million copies in the U.S. alone.
- The success of Greatest Hits marked an unbroken 16-year streak on Billboard's Top 200 Albums and Catalog Albums charts.
- Bob Seger was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004. He entered the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2012.
CHECK IT OUT: Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band performing "Still The Same" live in 1978:
Bob Seger on some of his influences
Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock