Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder will write and record a new song for the movie Out Of The Furnace, a new crime thriller starring Christian Bale that's due out later this year. According to the Los Angeles Times, the movie will feature a number of previously recorded songs from Vedder as well. The film, which also stars Woody Harrelson, follows two brothers in a dying Pennsylvania town who get caught up an web of violent crime.
- The movie's director is Scott Cooper, whose 2009 film Crazy Heart landed a Best Actor Oscar for star Jeff Bridges.
- Vedder has previously contributed songs to movies such as Dead Man Walking and Eat Pray Love, and composed nine original songs that served as most of the score for the movie Into The Wild.
- Meanwhile, Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament's new side band, RNDM, is possibly prepping new material for a new record as well as some live dates after releasing its debut disc, Acts, last October.
- Ament told Rolling Stone about the trio, "It really does feel like a brand new band. Not a brand new band when you're almost 50, but a brand new band when you're 20 when everybody had tons of energy. It really has that feel."
- Pearl Jam recently met with producer Brendan O'Brien about getting to work on its own new album, but no timetable has been set to complete the band's 10th studio effort.
- Ament told us a while back that the group doesn't worry about keeping to a schedule when it makes music: "I think we learned that after the first two records, you know. I think, you know, whenever you tell somebody, 'Well, I think we can get it done by July,' then July 1st they're at your door, you know, so we've always just said, 'Well, it'll kinda be done when it's done."
- Pearl Jam did recently confirm that it will play two shows this summer, one on July 19th at Chicago's famous Wrigley Field and the other on July 16th at London, Ontario's Budweiser Gardens.
DID YOU KNOW? Pearl Jam bassist Jeff Ament will hit 50 on March 10th.
CHECK IT OUT: Here's Eddie Vedder performing his Golden Globe-winning Into The Wild song "Guaranteed" live:
Pearl Jam's Jeff Ament Says Band Doesn't Adhere To Deadlines
Read more at Loudwire
Read more about RMDM at Rolling Stone