Jon Bon Jovi revealed that he was approached to serves as a judge on Fox's X Factor last season, according to Music-News.com. Bon Jovi's new single, "Because We Can," is out now and the band's upcoming album, What About Now, is due out on March 26th. Bon Jovi told The Sun, "I was offered all of (the shows) last year but it's not for me because I have a job, we're busy."
He went on to talk about the current crop of televised talent shows and touched upon the pressure the performers undergo weekly: "It's hard for the talent because they're thrust into a huge spotlight, then they win these things and they're expected to have a record that's on a par with the greats. I had 23 years to write my first record. I was able to develop a career in bars. I would never have won any of those contests. You see them there and they can hit the high note and then a year later they're a trivia question. It's a big ask of these kids."
- Jon Bon Jovi told us that by the end of the 1990's rock fans were getting sick of having their heroes take themselves so seriously: "I think it needed a good, healthy kick in the butt, and in the early '90s it got it from all the Seattle stuff. Kurt Cobain really, y'know, made his mark known, and it cleaned up music quite a bit. But I think it got to a point where people wanted to have their rock stars back again -- somebody to entertain 'em, that was happy to be there, that was gonna be a showman, that was gonna write songs that people could relate to, and not be so miserable all the time."
- Bon Jovi North American tour dates (subject to change):
February 9 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
February 10 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
February 13, 14 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
February 17, 18 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
February 20 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
February 21 - Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center
February 23 - University Park, PA - Bryce Jordan Center
February 24 - Buffalo, NY - First Niagara Center
February 27 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
March 1 - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum
March 2 - Sunrise, FL - BB&T Center
March 5 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
March 6 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
March 9 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
March 10 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
March 13 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
March 14 - Louisville, KY - KFC Yum! Center
March 16 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
March 17 - Lubbock, TX - United Spirit Arena
April 2 - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
April 3 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
April 5 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
April 7 - Saint Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
April 10 - Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center
April 11 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
April 13 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
April 14 - Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena
April 16 - Denver, CO Pepsi Center
April 17 - Salt Lake City, UT - EnergySolutions Arena
April 19 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 20 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena
April 23 - Glendale, AZ - Jobing.com Arena
April 25 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion At San Jose
July 12 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
July 19 - Dearborn, MI - Ford Field
July 24, 25 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Do the star judges really make a difference as to whether you'll tune in on a particular season???
- In your opinion, did American Idol lose the plot once the judges started coming and going???
- Would it look pathetic if Jon Bon Jovi began judging one of these musical game shows???
- Did you think that Steven Tyler's stint as a judge on American Idol was seen as nothing more than an attention seeking cash grab???
CHECK IT OUT: Bon Jovi's 1984 video for "Runaway":
Jon Bon Jovi says rock stars were destined to return
Classic Rock reports Bon Jovi release "Because We Can" video