Subscribe to channel
- Ed Sheeran has reportedly been tapped to perform at the Grammy Awards on February 10 with Elton John. Sheeran is up for a Grammy for Song of the Year for "The A Team." Ed tweeted, "Buzzing to announce i am going to be performing live on@TheGRAMMYs on Feb the 10th on @CBSTweet. Cannot wait!!"
- Blabbermouth reports professional wrestling legend and reality TV star Hulk Hogan has shot down the rumor that he once auditioned for METALLICA, saying that he never heard from the band after he inquired about joining them as their new bass player. In a January 2012 interview with The Sun, Hulk Hogan said, "I used to be a session musician before I was a wrestler. I played bass guitar. I was big pals with Lars Ulrich and he asked me if I wanted to play bass with METALLICA in their early days but it didn't work out." Three months later, METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich was asked during an appearance on "The Howard Stern Show" if there was any truth to Hogan's claim. "You know what?! I'm blessed or cursed, depending on how you look at it, with having more or less a photographic memory for pretty much anything that I've been a part of," Lars replied. "That one, when that showed up two or three months ago, I was scratching my head over that one. Unless he went by… I don't know Hulk Hogan, I don't know enough about him… I'm not a huge wrestling [fan]… Unless he went by, like, his Christian name or something, and I don't know if anybody knows what his Christian name was — Dave Smith or something — if there was a whole thing that we had with him under a different name, but I certainly have no recollection of doing anything with quote Hulk Hogan endquote. That one, I was scratching my. In a brand new interview with U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine (see video below), Hulk was once again asked about the rumor that Lars once asked him if he wanted to join METALLICA as the band's bass player. He replied: "That rumor has been turned and twisted and thrown in so many different directions — that I auditioned and that I lied and that I never auditioned and they weren't interested. The truth is I played music for many years before I ever got into wrestling, and when I heard METALLICA was looking for a bass player, I would have quit wrestling like that [snaps fingers] to get into METALLICA … When I heard they were looking for a bass player, I got my tapes together from the old band, got a couple of tapes together that Simon Cowell produced with me — GREEN JELLY, and I did an old Gary Glitter song, 'Leader Of The Gang', with Simon, back in the day, before he got his break with all the wrestling music and became a huge monster. But I got all that stuff together to send it to METALLICA and never heard a word. So they never responded to me. They either thought I was a joke or they thought it was a joke, and it wasn't me, or I was no good, but I never heard back from them … I tried — but I never did audition for METALLICA. I wish I would have. But the bass player they got was so good. My God!" METALLICA changed bass players twice in their recording history: first in 1986 when Cliff Burton died and was replaced by Jason Newsted, then in 2001 when Newsted quit and Robert Trujillo took over two years later. Hogan took up the bass when he was younger and played high schools and frat parties in various bands. Read more at Loudwire
- Blabbermouth reports "Mission To Lars" is an uplifting documentary feature film about Tom Spicer, a learning-disabled man who, with his siblings help, goes on a transatlantic quest to find his much-obsessed-over hero, METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich, will be released film on DVD, Blu-ray and digitally on April 8 in the U.K. and Ireland, France, German-speaking Europe and Scandinavia through Clear Vision. Sales representative AV Pictures also sold the film to Sony for Japan and Curious Film for Australia and New Zealand. "This film fits perfectly with Clear Vision's mission of delivering a multi-territory, multi-format and multi-channel solution for quality, independent producers," said Gil Garagnon, Clear Vision's international sales and marketing director. "We are delighted to have Clear Vision on board with their great enthusiasm and vision for this heart-warming film," added Caroline Couret-Delègue, AV Pictures' sales & acquisitions director. To pre-order the DVD, visit Amazon.co.uk. Tom has Fragile X Syndrome, a sort of autism. All he's ever wanted is to meet Lars. After 20 years and 10,000 times of asking his journalist sister, Kate, when he was going to meet Lars, she finally cracked. This is a film that looks beyond disability, and uncovers the soul of a very cool guy. Kate and filmmaker brother, William, break Tom out of his care home in Exmouth, and hit the road, from Bristol, to Heathrow, to Los Angeles, to Las Vegas and beyond. "Mission To Lars" was made by William Spicer and James Moore. Both were veterans of music and brand promos, but complete movie novices. "We had this fantasy of hitting the road with Tom and recreating some of the magic of our teenage years cruising around in £100 cars, eating Burger King and listening to heavy metal on the tape deck," said Kate. "We thought it would be fun, bonding. We wanted to do something good for our brother. We were also sick of him endlessly asking." It doesn't take long before the hoped for dream becomes a nightmare as Tom's disabilities, the dysfunctional family, and METALLICA's labyrinthine backstage world thwart the Mission at every turn. At a fingernail destroying screening in 2011 (the night before METALLICA headlined Sonisphere festival), the Spicer family showed their film to Ulrich. The "Mission To Lars" production team squirmed with anticipation: would he like it? Speaking about the film, Ulrich told NME.com, "I thought it was deeply moving. I haven't seen the whole thing, but I saw a rough cut last summer. Meeting Tom, meeting Kate, when they came out to film it was an experience in itself. But seeing the film [in 2011] and reconnecting with the whole team was another experience." He continued: "It's not something we're directly involved in, it's their film, their journey, but we're supportive of their endeavour. We don't want to take it over and have it turn into some kind of vanity project. It's a great testament into a world I didn't know much about, and a great testament to the importance of music and what it means to different people." "Mission To Lars" is garnering admiration, The Finacial Times' Antonia Quirke had this to say: "I loved this film. More of a classic quest film than a documentary. It's so touching and open-hearted, and has so many magical moments. It feels really epic." The film has three goals: entertainment, awareness raising and fund raising. All profits go to Mencap, and the film has charity status. In raising money for the film, the producers also raised over £25,000 for Mencap. The film's cinema release was used as an outreach opportunity with talks and events following every screening. Many people, from color graders, sound mixers, Bob Dylan, screening rooms and the production assistant have given their talent and/or time for free. Kasabian donated stuff for them to sell to raise money, Huey from FUN LOVING CRIMINALS put them in touch with some text book tour managers to try out their blagging skills on, although the scary looking dudes backstage at METALLICA's show turn out to be loving pussy cats. "Mission To Lars"'s profits will continue to be paid to Mencap for as long as the film has a life, DVD, international sales, etc. Mencap have been closely involved in the making of the film. Their belief is that the film, in an entertaining and universally understood way, tells the story of the confusing family dynamics around learning disability, and portrays Tom as a complex and likeable character, and not as someone one sees first as learning disabled and everything else second. Mike Lindsay from Tunng scores, and the soundtrack includes Bob Dylan, Devendra Banhart and BLUR. The film is giving all profits to charity and everyone has donated time and music for free. For more information, go to www.missiontolars.com.
"Mission To Lars" trailer:
- Blabbermouth reports legendary punk band BLACK FLAG has reformed and will play this year's Hevy Fest, set to take place August 2-4 in Port Lympne Wild Animal Park in Kent. The group's only 2013 appearance in the U.K. will mark the first time in 30 years that the band’s played in the country. BLACK FLAG's lineup for the show will include singer Ron Reyes, who was a member of the band during 1979-1980 (after Keith Morris but before Dez Cadena) and was featured on the "Jealous Again" EP. He will be joined by guitarist and founder Greg Ginn as well as bassist Chuck Dukowski and drummer Roberto "Robo" Valverde. "They have undoubtedly had the greatest impact on DIY record distribution, underground touring and hardcore music of any band, before or since," Hevy Fest's announcement reads. "There is a whole generation of musicians and fans that would cite BLACK FLAG as being the most important band to have influenced them, without ever even having the chance to see them perform live, until now." Vocalist Henry Rollins joined BLACK FLAG in 1981 and left five years later. He has since released several music albums and established himself as a spoken-word artist and book author. Read more at Classic Rock and NME
- Blabbermouth reports WHITESNAKE has announced the return of drummer Tommy Aldridge to the group's ranks. Commented WHITESNAKE frontman David Coverdale: "When I asked all the bandmembers to put together their wish-list of potential drummers for us, everyone, without exception, had Tommy Aldridge at the top of the list. Also, most of the fans who communicated their suggestions on Whitesnake.com wanted Tommy back in the band. So, without further ado, we are delighted to welcome him back with us. It seems it is our destiny to work together... this is going to be so much fun. Welcome back, Tommy Aldridge!!!" Added Aldridge: "I can't express how honored and grateful I am to be back in the SNAKE fold. Working with David Coverdale & Co. has always been a labor of love. SO stoked to be back and finish what we started!!" Said the band in a collective statement: "WHITESNAKE would like to thank all the amazing musicians who honored us by applying for the position of drummer. We were blown away by so much incredible talent and we wish each and every one the very best in their lives and careers." Renowned drummer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Brian Tichy, known for his tours of duty with BILLY IDOL, FOREIGNER and OZZY OSBOURNE, announced his departure from WHITESNAKE on January 4 in order to focus on SOMETHING UNTO NOTHING (S.U.N.), the band he started with Sass Jordan, a Canadian icon and Juno Award winner. Bassist and singer Michael Devin, also a participant in S.U.N., will remain with WHITESNAKE. Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock, Classic Rock and Noisecreep
- Blabbermouth reports that the official after-party for Doro Pesch's February 4 concert at B.B. King Blues Club & Grill in New York City will be held at Duff's Brooklyn in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
The address is:
168 Marcy Avenue (between S 5th & Broadway)
Williamsburg, New York.
- For more information, visit www.duffsbrooklyn.com.
Doro's latest album, "Raise Your Fist", sold 585 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 65 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. In a recent interview with Lords Of Metal, Doro stated about the departure of guitarist Joe Taylor and addition of Bas Maas, Doro said, "I don't think that it made a very big difference on the songwriting process, but Bas is a person that's full of life and very energetic. You can hear that on 'Revenge', which is a song that he wrote the riff for, which is a very high-energy and fast type of song. Furthermore, he's great as a live guitarist as well, as he really knows how to rock on stage and that's very important for a show. I'm still very good friends with Joe, who's been in the band for about sixteen years, and he joined us on stage during the show we did last October in New York. But the non-stop touring that we do is a hard lifestyle and he really wanted to take some time off from that." On the topic of her expectations for "Raise Your Fist", Doro said, "I will be very happy when the fans say they love the record; that's the most important for me. I really don't keep up with numbers, which are, in my opinion, great to talk about afterwards. It's nice if we will be able to make the charts again, but to me, those kind of things don't really matter. Much more important is that the fans dig the songs in a live situation and, since we already played 'Raise Your Fist' several times live, the first signs are very positive."
- Blabbermouth reports feel like getting tips and tricks from SOILWORK singer Björn "Speed" Strid face to face? Then don't hesitate to contact SOILWORK at email@example.com! A fee of $60 will be collected for a 60-minute inspirational and interesting vocal lesson that will also contain tips on how to bring your band and music to the next level. Please note that a $30 deposit is asked three weeks in advance, for each show. Check out the tour schedule [at this location] and pick your date and contact the band! Don't miss out! SOILWORK's ninth studio album and first dual-disc release, "The Living Infinite", will be unleashed on February 27 in Asia (via license to Marquee Records), in Europe on March 1, and in North America on March 5 through Nuclear Blast Records. Produced by Jens Bogren (OPETH, AMON AMARTH, BLOODBATH), the CD features artwork by MNEMIC's Mircea Eftemie Gabrie. "The Living Infinite" features Justin Sullivan — lead singer of the English band NEW MODEL ARMY — as a guest vocalist on the track "The Windswept Mercy" and also marks the recording debut of longtime SOILWORK touring guitarist David Andersson (also of THE NIGHT FLIGHT ORCHESTRA). SOILWORK's world tour launches with a 55-show headlining trek through the U.S. and Canada this March. Support will come from JEFF LOOMIS, BLACKGUARD, THE BROWNING and WRETCHED.
- Blabbermouth reports Bakersfield, California rock band ADEMA has inked a deal with Pavement Entertainment for the release of its new album, "Topple The Giants". The group's first CD since 2007's "Kill The Headlights" is due on April 2 and will contain brand new tracks plus re-worked versions of ADEMA's chart-topping hits "Giving In" and "Unstable".
With original ADEMA guitarist Tim Fluckey handling vocal duties over the last three years, the band has kept busy with an intense and rigorous touring schedule. "Topple The Giants" marks a new chapter in the band's 13-year career and solidifies ADEMA as one of the hardest-working acts of its time. Vocalist Marky Chavez left ADEMA in January 2011 in order to pursue his "solo project." Original ADEMA guitarist Mike Ransom exited the band in 2010 in order to focus on BLACK HEART VACANCY. ADEMA's latest album, "Kill the Headlights", was released in August 2007 via Immortal Records. The CD was recorded in Los Angeles with producer Marshall Altman (MARC BROUSSARD, ZEBRAHEAD). Mastering duties were handled by Eddie Schreyer at Oasis Mastering in Burbank. ADEMA in 2006 announced the addition of vocalist Bobby Reeves of the Los Angeles-based band LEVEL to the group's ranks. Reeves joined ADEMA as the replacement for Luke Caraccioli, who left the band in October 2005 — only six months after the release of their first album ("Planets") without the contributions of Chavez.
Kris Kohls: Drums
Dave Deroo: Bass/Vocals
Tim Fluckey: Guitar/Vocals
Marc DeLeon: Guitar
- Blabbermouth reports "Relentless - The Book Of Sepultura", the only book-length biography to cover the Brazilian/American legends' 30-year career, is tentatively scheduled for publication in late 2013. Written by Jason Korolenko (author of "The Day I Left"), "Relentless" is described in a press relase as "an in-depth, unflinching look at every era of SEPULTURA's history, loaded with never-before-told stories and exclusive interviews with band members past and present, fellow musicians, families, friends, and fans in the inner circle." "SEPULTURA's story isn't just about music," says Korolenko. "It follows a universal theme of persistence in the face of adversity. It's inspirational, certainly not lacking drama, and will appeal to fans and non-fans alike." For more information, visit the author's web site at www.jasonkorolenko.com. As previously reported, former SEPULTURA frontman Max Cavalera is working on his autobiography for release later this year. The book is being written by British rock author Joel McIver, whose 20 books to date include "Justice for All: The Truth About Metallica", "Crazy Train: The High Life And Tragic Death Of Randy Rhoads", "Glenn Hughes: The Autobiography", "To Live Is To Die: The Life And Death Of Metallica's Cliff Burton", "Overkill: The Untold Story Of Motörhead", "The Bloody Reign Of Slayer" and "Unleashed: The Story Of Tool". The book's foreword will be written by Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS, ex-NIRVANA), who was' "really thrilled" to do it, Max said during a November 3, 2011 interview with "Metal Zone" host Nikki Blakk of the San Francisco, California radio station 107.7 The Bone. "Dave's always been a great guy," Cavalera added. "He used to come to see SEPULTURA play in Seattle every time we played; even after NIRVANA got big, he would still come and see us playin little clubs." Among fellow musicians who are being interviewed for Max's autobiography are Ozzy Osbourne and Chino Moreno of the DEFTONES.
- Blabbermouth reports guitarist Marc Rizzo (SOULFLY, CAVALERA CONSPIRACY) has released a new single from his forthcoming fourth solo record, which was recently recorded with producer Chris "Zeuss" Harris (SUICIDE SILENCE, ALL THAT REMAINS, SHADOWS FALL, SOULFLY). The song titled "Wicked Shattered" is now available for download via iTunes, Amazon and other digital retailers. Rizzo will perform his solo material at the Shrunken Head in Columbus, Ohio on January 25, and at Peabody's in Cleveland, Ohio on January 26. Rizzo also has a North American tour with SOULFLY lined up starting on February 14 in San Diego, California. The band is continuing to tour in support of its latest record, "Enslaved", which came out in March 2012. Rizzo's previous single, "Downside Up", was released in September 2012. New Jersey native Marc Rizzo embarked on his first U.S. solo tour in 2007. He released two solo albums with Shrapnel Records in 2006 and 2007, entitled "Colossal Myopia" and "The Ultimate Devotion", respectively. In 2010, Marc issued his latest album on his own Phlamencore Records, entitled "Legionnaire". Rizzo has been endorsed by the likes of Peavey, Yamaha and B.C. Rich, and currently has a B.C. Rich Stealth Pro seven-string signature guitar available for public purchase. Rizzo is well known for his position in popular metal act SOULFLY, with whom he has released five records to date; "Prophecy" (2004), "Dark Ages" (2005), "Conquer" (2008), "Omen" (2010) and "Enslaved" (2012). In addition, he is a member of CAVALERA CONSPIRACY with SEPULTURA co-founders Max and Igor Cavalera, with whom he collaborated on the project's debut album, "Inflikted", in 2008 and the follow-up effort, "Blunt Force Trauma". ArmyOfOneTV conducted an interview with Rizzo after his December 15, 2012 solo performance at The Loft in Poughkeepsie, New York. You can now watch the chat below.
- Blabbermouth reports On January 21, Jo Schüftan of Horns Up Rocks! conducted an interview with STRATOVARIUS vocalist Timo Kotipelto in New York City. You can now watch the chat below. STRATOVARIUS' new album, "Nemesis", will be released on February 22 via earMUSIC. The CD will be made available as a standard 11-track edition as well as 13-track special edition. A taste of the new studio album can be enjoyed with the limited-edition EP "Unbreakable", released on January 25. STRATOVARIUS are hailed as one of the most influential and successful symphonic metal bands in the world and they have managed to establish themselves as one of the metal scene's heavy names. The new album, "Nemesis", unites all the best traits of the band's melodic, powerful, fresh and technically elaborated metal, all spiced up with an incredible sense for melody. The album was produced and mixed by Matias Kupiainen and mastered by Mika Jussila from Finnvox studios, who has a long history with the band. "Nemesis" has a dark and more modern sound compared to the band's last album, "Elysium". It clearly shows how much the band has matured and grown as songwriters. At the same time, the band focused all their attention and work into creating and recording "Nemesis". Singer Timo Kotipelto spent three weeks recording the vocals in a cottage in the Finnish countryside.
"Nemesis" track listing:
03. Stand My Ground
04. Halcyon Days
06. Out Of The Fog
07. Castles In The Air
09. One Must Fall
10. If The Story Is Over
The band will perform the new songs live for the very first time headlining the Radio Rock Cruise in Finland from February 9 to February 10, followed by their first club show in Helsinki on March 3, 2013. On March 20, 2013 STRATOVARIUS will kick off for their Nordic Nexus Of Nemesis Tour 2013 with fellow Scandinavians AMARANTHE, before they return to Finland mid-April to play five more shows. STRATOVARIUS in June 2012 announced the addition of drummer Rolf Pilve to the group's ranks.
reports Frontiers Records
and PRIMAL FEAR
are pleased to announce to have renewed their partnership for another multi-album deal, which will include two more studio releases and one live CD and DVD. The band is already in advanced stages for the songwriting of the next studio album, to be recorded during the summer for an early 2014 release. Commented PRIMAL FEAR
bass player, songwriter and producer Mat Sinner
: "We're very excited about the final news that we will renew our contract with Frontiers Records
for some more albums. My personal thanks go out to Serafino
for their patience to deal with me. "The band is very happy to continue with Frontiers Records
after the release of our worldwide most successful album, 'Unbreakable'
, and their great work. "We plan to enter the recording studio during the summer to record a new, ass-kicking, pure metal album!" Added Frontiers Records
president Serafino Perugino
: "Working with Mat
and the other guys from PRIMAL FEAR
is truly a professional delight. Not only they are among some of the true living talents of heavy metal music, but also outstanding professionals who live up to their word and to the expectations that all the fans have from them. Long live PRIMAL FEAR
!" PRIMAL FEAR
's latest album, "Unbreakable"
, sold around 600 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 44 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. Released on January 24, 2012 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records
was tracked in part at House Of Music
studios in Winterbach, Germany with producer/bassist Mat Sinner
and engineer Achim Köhler
). Pictured below (left to right): PRIMAL FEAR singer Ralf Scheepers, Frontiers Records president Serafino Perugino and PRIMAL FEAR bassist Mat Sinner.
- Blabbermouth reports Helsinki, Finland gothic metallers THE 69 EYES will release a digital EP, "Love Runs Away", via iTunes on February 1. The effort will include two previously unreleased bonus songs, "Rosary Blue" and "Dracula's Castle".
"Love Runs Away" EP track listing:
01. Love Runs Away
02. Rosary Blue (feat. Kat Von D) (edit)
03. Dracula's Castle
"Love Runs Away", the third single and opening track of THE 69 EYES' latest album, "X", which came out last September, has by now already become a live favorite with its pure rocking metal riffs and a chorus with a bulletproof hook line. Singer Jyrki69 comments: "This is the most obvious single track from the album and already works great on stage, so it's about time to release it as a proper single!" The larger-than-life ballad duet "Rosary Blue" on which Jyrki69 is accompanied by world-famous tattoo artist and "L.A. Ink" star Kat Von D is the first of two never-before-heard bonus tracks. Jyrki69 says: "We've known each other for some years and since Kat is also starting to make music, I thought it would be interesting to have her on board. The song is amazing and with her help, it turned out even more magical — it's like our own 'Stairway to Heaven'." The final track, "Dracula's Castle", is at least equally interesting, as it can be considered pure rockabilly — or rather gothabilly! Jyrki69 shares its background: "THE FUZZTONES is one of my all-time favorite bands and I've got to know their leader Rudi Protrudi a bit. We wrote this track with him in Berlin one night before our show and he actually even sings backing vocals on it. Words can't describe the feeling of making music with your own idol — I still can't believe it! The song is like a Scooby Doo-on-acid-by-Halloween kind of gothabilly track. Should be a radio hit too by any standards!" In other news, Jyrki69 teamed up with famous photographer Estevan Oriol last week for the humanitarian mission of UNICEF Nicaragua. Together they spent a week in Nicaragua to see how UNICEF is taking action against trafficking of women and children in the country. The material will be released in different formats this year. "It certainly is like often said, the most beautiful country in the world but all the shadows and snakes in this paradise are a threat that UNICEF is trying to prevent with the local authorities," says Jyrki69. Los-Angeles-based photographer Oriol was responsible for the cover of THE 69 EYES' previous album, "Back In Blood". Moreover, he's famous for his work with EMINEM, CYPRESS HILL, SNOOP DOGG and JAY-Z, among others.
- Blabbermouth reports the first photo of the new L.A. GUNS lineup — featuring the band's latest addition, guitarist Michael Grant from ENDEVERAFTER — can be seen below. L.A. GUNS last week parted ways with its guitarist of one month, Frankie Wilsey (SEA HAGS, ARCADE), and replaced him with Grant. Michael made his live debut with L.A. GUNS last weekend in Chicago and Detroit. Due to "extenuating circumstances and musical differences," guitarist Stacey Blades announced his departure from L.A. GUNS in early December. Blades played on four L.A. GUNS albums: "Rips The Covers Off" (2004), "Tales Trom The Strip" (2005), "Loud And Dangerous: Live From Hollywood" (2006) and "Hollywood Forever" (2012). He also authored a book, "Confessions Of A Replacement Rockstar", which was published in 2009.
- Blabbermouth reports ELUVEITIE's Anna Murphy (hurdygurdy, vocals, flute) has been forced to leave the band's current South American "Helvetios" tour. Says the group in a statement: "We're very sorry to inform you that Anna won't be able to play the upcoming Brazilian shows with us. "We started our South American tour yesterday in Buenos Aires, Argentina, when Anna got seriously ill on short notice. She wasn't able to play the show yesterday and she was forced to fly back to Switzerland this morning. Of course, we will still play — none of the upcoming shows will be cancelled! We'll do our very best to still rock the shit out of you, promised! "Thank you all very much for your understanding. We're looking forward to see you all soon!" ELUVEITIE performed its latest concept album, "Helvetios", in its entirety during the band's recent North American co-headlining tour with Finnish epic metallers WINTERSUN. The trek commemorated ELUVEITIE's 10th anniversary as well as served as WINTERSUN's introduction to North American shores. This momentous event also included the German pagan metal band VARG. "Helvetios" sold 4,200 copies in the United States in its first week of release to debut at position No. 143 on The Billboard 200 chart. The CD landed at position No. 3 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200. "Helvetios" was released in Europe on February 10, 2012 via Nuclear Blast RecordsNew Sound Studio in Pfäffikon, a municipality in the canton of Zurich in Switzerland, with producer Tommy Vetterli (a.k.a. Tommy T. Baron; CORONER/ex-KREATOR guitarist). According to the band, Vetterli "record[ed] drums, guitars and vocals and also produc[ed] and mix[ed] the record. Most folk instruments and also vocals [were] recorded by Anna Murphy and Marco Jencarelli at the Soundfarm studios in Lucerne."
- Blabbermouth reports Norwegian/Italian metallers TRISTANIA have tapped Christer André Cederberg (pictured below) to produce their seventh full-length album for a late May release via Austria's Napalm Records. Says TRISTANIA singer Kjetil Nordhus: "This was agreed a while ago, and we started the working together already at the pre-production stage. "We already know this will be fruitful and we're extremely eager to show people the finished article. It feels good to share this piece of news with our fans." TRISTANIA fans may be familiar with Cederberg's work through his most recent collaboration with ANATHEMA on their award-winning album "Weather Systems" (2012). Also a guitarist, Cederberg started his metal career with Norwegian avant garde extreme metal band IN THE WOODS… in the late 1990s, and has been involved in numerous bands and projects, including his own solo project STILLE OPPRØR and internationally acclaimed ANIMAL ALPHA. Christer André says that he's been eager to work with TRISTANIA for a while and is excited about getting involved in the band's latest recording. "There is a huge amount of talent within each and every band member, and a number of possible variations to work on, not least vocally, which makes this a great challenge for me as a producer," he says. "My aim for the forthcoming album is to dig out the potential, make a heavier album than the previous one, more organic, detailed and refined, but also dirtier and more extreme. TRISTANIA is a band that manage to do all this live, and we will be working together to recreate that energy and quality also on record." The first part of the recording sessions (drums) for the new TRISTANIA album took place at Tanken Studio in Oslo with engineer Fredrik Wallumrød. TRISTANIA's sixth album, "Rubicon", was released in August 2010 via Napalm. TRISTANIA in 2007 announced the addition of Italian singer Mariangela "Mary" Demurtas to the group's ranks. Guitarist Gyri Losnegård was added to the lineup in 2008. The band's previous CD, "Illumination", was released in January 2007 via SPV. The effort was recorded at Woodhouse Studios in Hagen, Germany with producer Waldemar Sorychta (LACUNA COIL, TIAMAT, GRIP INC.).
- Blabbermouth reports Swedish death metallers HYPOCRISY will release their new album, "End Of Disclosure", in Europe on March 22 via Nuclear Blast Records. The CD's title track is now available for free download at this location. "End Of Disclosure" was produced by HYPOCRISY mastermind Peter Tägtgren at his Abyss Studio in Sweden. The artwork was created by Wes Benscoter (SLAYER, KREATOR, NILE, VADER). "This time, I wanted to go back to the basics," says Peter. "[I] felt like we lost it for the last couple of albums. It's straight to the point. It's more HYPOCRISY than ever — the fast, the heavy, the epic. Enjoy!”
"End Of Disclosure" track listing:
01. End Of Disclosure
02. Tales Of Thy Spineless
03. The Eye
04. United We Fall
05. 44 Double Zero
06. Hell Is Where I Stay
07. Soldier Of Fortune
08. When Death Calls
09. The Return
HYPOCRISY's latest DVD/CD, "Hell Over Sofia - 20 Years Of Chaos And Confusion", was released in October 2011 via Nuclear Blast. The disc contains footage of the band's February 27, 2010 concert at the Blue Box club in Sofia, Bulgaria. HYPOCRISY's latest album, "A Taste Of Extreme Divinity", sold 1,400 copies in the United States in its first week of release. The CD landed at position No. 23 on the Top New Artist Albums (Heatseekers) chart, which lists the best-selling albums by new and developing artists, defined as those who have never appeared in the Top 100 of The Billboard 200.
- Blabbermouth reports Fernandes Guitars and Ashmedi of the Mesopotamian metal band MELECHESH have collaborated to issue the Vortex Scimitar 12-string V electric guitar. "The first time I played with a 12-string, I noticed that I could compose MELECHESH tracks differently," Ashmedi said. "New ideas started popping up and basically the 12-string opened new musical dimensions, so I was very glad when Fernandes took on this adventurous endeavor and now it is a reality. The octave sounds are subtle and great when playing power chords, single notes and fast riffling, to the extent that you get the feeling of a storm or an orchestra accompanying you while playing the Scimitar. Hopefully this will open new musical ideas in the extreme metal scenes." Ashmedi is scheduled to demonstrate the guitar at this year's NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on Saturday, January 26 from 4:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Booth 5690).
Fernandes - Vortex SCIMITAR 12-string DLX 2013
Neck: Maple, Neck Through
Fingerboard: Rosewood, 25 1/2" Scale; 24 Jumbo Frets, 14" Radius; Pearl Split Square Head Inlays
Nut: Graphtech Trem Nut 1 7/8"
Tuning Gears: Die-Cast
Bridge: Special Bridge for 12 Strings
Control: 1 Volume
Pickup: Bridge: EMG-81
- Blabbermouth reports guitarist Selim "SL" Lemouchi and vocalist Farida "F. The Mouth of Satan" of the Dutch occult rock act THE DEVIL'S BLOOD have posted the following message on the band's Facebook page: "As of the 22nd of January 2013 THE DEVIL'S BLOOD has returned into nothingness. All planned rituals will be cancelled. No interviews will be done. Consummatum est. -SL & F "The Devil's Blood - 2007 / 2013" THE DEVIL'S BLOOD's latest full-length album, "The Thousandfold Epicentre", was made available in North America on January 17, 2012. The 11-song CD was produced with the help of Pieter Kloos at Void Studios in Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
- Blabbermouth reports after more than a decade in digital publishing, online magazine Blistering.com is set to sunset. In its place will be a new business-to-business web site that provides marketing technology and services to record labels, artists, and entertainment-related companies. The first brand to launch under the Blistering.com umbrella will be Blistering Rich Media, a line of interactive multimedia banner ads capable to streaming music, video, and more. Blistering.com's editor-in-chief David E. Gehlke had this to say: "Blistering.com was able to remain a viable entity for over 15 years, and for that, I am most proud. Even though the site is undergoing a transition, I am thankful for the opportunity to run it, and look forward to new, exciting endeavors down the road." Robert Cotter, the founder and owner of Blistering.com, released the following statement: "The web was very different in '97 and '98. Well before the rise of social networks, smartphones, mass blogging and digital music distribution, I saw an incredible chance to help push the music industry forward in my own little way. And it had to be about heavy music. Blistering.com was my path. We catered to hundreds of thousands of metal fans over the years and have published tens of thousands of reviews, features, and photographs. "I want to take this opportunity to thank all of the writers and photographers have contributed to Blistering.com, past and present. Most of all I want to thank David E. Gehlke for his amazing work and dedication as Blistering.com editor-in-chief for five-plus years now. I also must thank all of the record labels, musicians, publicists, promoters, and everyone else on the business side that granted us access or sent us promos over the years. Of course, a fond thank you to the Blistering.com visitors worldwide that have been loyal over the last 15 years. And with that, cheers to all! It’s been grand." Full disclosure: Robert Cotter is the current-CEO of Blistering Rich Media and Fixion Media, an advertising network that represents BLABBERMOUTH.NET exclusively.
- Loudwire reports Stone Sour and Papa Roach heat up New York City with support from Otherwise
- Loudwire posts the top 20 songs of Jan 20th - 26 2013
- Loudwire reports Jason Newsted talks "Metal" EP, "Soldierhead" single, James Hetfield’s influence and more
- Loudwire posts Bullet for My Valentine break out the riffs from their "Temper Temper" album (Part 2)
- Loudwire reports 3 Inches of Blood and Goatwhore yo co-headline 2013 North American Tour
- Loudwire posts Chris Cornell performance at President Obama’s Commander-in-Chief’s Ball
- Diffuser.fm posts you know them! You love them! And you can likely pick them out the moment they open their mouth. Check out Diffuser.fm’s list of the 10 Most Distinctive Voices in Rock.
- Classic Rock reports Chrome Molly break 23-year studio silence, new single "Corporation Fear" ahead of new album "Gunpowder Democracy"
- Noisecreep reports The Word Alive's Tyler Smith reflects on Suicide Silence's Mitch Lucker, the concert that changed his life
- Spinner posts this week in music hstory: January 20 - 26
- Spinner posts a new Jet song "One Way Trigger"
- Rolling Stone posts the album premiere of Fleetwood Mac pack live favorites into "Rumours" reissue
- Rolling Stone posts a Q&A with David Bowie guitarist Earl Slick on secret new album sessions
- NME reports Frightened Rabbit accuse Mumford and Sons of "shovelling the same old s**t"
- NME reports Paul McCartney used to think vegetarians "were wimps"
- NME reports Rocket From The Crypt reunite for European tour
- Blabbermouth posts the second "Inexorable Defiance" trailer from Bornholm
- Blabbermouth posts performance footage from Last In Line frontman covering "Stand Up And Shout" at the NAMM Metal Jam 2013
Read more quick hits at Noisecreep
Return to previous page
Send to a friend
MTV's Daily Video