Dave Grohl may be busy promoting his debut as a film director and assembling superstar concerts, but he hasn't forgotten about his main gig. Grohl told MTV News that Foo Fighters are already thinking about their next album, saying, "We have a plan, we know exactly what's coming next, and I have the music for the next record and we're going to start working on it once we finish doing all this stuff . . . we have really awesome, big plans for the next album and I'm really excited about it."
The Foos announced that they were going on hiatus late last year after finishing the touring cycle for their seventh album, 2011's Wasting Light. Even then, however, Grohl was talking about a follow-up, saying, "(I have) a concept for the next album we've never done before. And who knows? There might be a movie to go with it."
- Members of the Foos joined Grohl in Park City, Utah this past week, where his debut as a director, the documentary Sound City, premiered.
- The Foos, members of Nirvana and artists like Stevie Nicks, John Fogerty and Corey Taylor joined Grohl for a concert last Friday (January 18th) as the Sound City Players to promote the movie.
- Grohl said about the shows, "It's funny, we don't really consider this the Foo Fighters . . . we're Rick Springfield's backing band, we're John Fogerty's backing band. We're not up there playing 'Everlong' every night, we're just hoping our heroes get up on stage and play."
- As for when the next Foo Fighters album will arrive, Grohl said, "If I give you (A release date) now, it means I'll actually have to make that deadline."
CHECK IT OUT: Watch Grohl's interview with MTV News:
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Do you hope the Foos get back to work soon or should they take their time and enjoy their other activities?
- Are you planning to see Dave's Sound City movie?
Read more at Loudwire and NME