Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band are heading back out on the road next month, with their first dozen 2013 shows just announced. The opening leg of Seger's Rock And Roll Never Forgets 2013 Tour kicks off on February 27th in Toledo, Ohio, and as of now, winds down on April 2nd in Denver, Colorado. The tour also includes stops in Seattle, Portland, Green Bay, and Grand Rapids -- along with a series of Canadian dates with shows in Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon, Vancouver, and Winnipeg. Additional dates will soon be announced.
Over the decades, Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band have gained the reputation as one of the purest, most high-octane rock shows on the road. Seger told us that he was lucky to not only have the will, but also the opportunity to constantly hone his craft by playing out: "We were very fortunate. Some people were really nice to us; the band Kiss, the band BTO -- Bachman-Turner-Overdrive, Aerosmith, some other people took us on tours and let us play their 30 minutes in front of 'em. I remember in 1974 we played 265 nights of the year on these various tours -- and playing our own concerts in bars and stuff like that. We were playin' all the time."
- JUST ANNOUNCED: Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band tour dates (subject to change):
February 27 - Toledo, OH - The Huntington Center
March 5 - Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Arena
March 7 - Green Bay, WI - Resch Center
March 12 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
March 19 - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
March 21 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
March 23, 27 - Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena
March 29 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
March 30 - Portland, OR - Rose Garden Arena
April 2 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
- In 2011, Bob Seger released, Ultimate Hits: Rock And Roll Never Forgets, his first double disc hits compilation.
The tracklist is:
- Disc One: "Old Time Rock And Roll," "Hollywood Nights," "Night Moves," "Mainstreet," "Roll Me Away," "Turn The Page," "Her Strut," "Still The Same," "You'll Accomp'ny Me," "We've Got Tonight," "Like A Rock," "Fire Lake," and "Tryin' To Live My Life Without You."
- Disc Two: "Rock And Roll Never Forgets," "Against The Wind," "Ramblin' Gamblin' Man," The Fire Down Below," "Travelin' Man (Live),"
"Beautiful Loser (Live)," "Shakedown," "Shame On The Moon," "Katmandu," "Little Drummer Boy," "Wait For Me," "Hey Hey Hey Hey (Going Back To Birmingham)," and "Downtown Train."
- Over the course of his career, Bob Seger has sold 50 million albums -- including 11 platinum and seven multi-platinum RIAA-certified album sales awards.
- In 2010, Seger's 1994 Greatest Hits collection was named the "Number One Catalog Album of the Decade," and has sold over nine million copies in the U.S. alone.
- The success of Greatest Hits marks an unbroken 16-year streak on Billboard's Top 200 Albums and Catalog Albums charts.
- Bob Seger was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2004.
CHECK IT OUT: Bob Seger live on May 7th, 2011 performing "Night Moves" live in Indianapolis:
Bob Seger On Being An Opening Act
Read more at Ultimate Classic Rock and Rolling Stone