Slash has said in a new interview with Classic Rock magazine that he would never work with former Velvet Revolver singer Scott Weiland again, adding that he is fed up with Weiland's recent comments about a Velvet Revolver reunion possibly becoming a reality. Slash told the magazine, "I think at this point Scott just got fired from (Stone Temple Pilots) and I think he's trying to pull off that trick of trying to get something else going on, and we're not buying it. The door's shut on this side and it's probably shut on that side too, so he's on his own. And he deserves it too."
- This is the second time that Slash has hinted that Weiland has been thrown out of STP, first mentioning it late last year in an interview with a radio station.
- There has been no official news from STP, but Weiland recently told Rolling Stone about a Velvet Revolver reunion, "I am completely open to it, and I know there are other guys in the band that are completely open to it."
- Slash told us that there are no such plans happening: "No, there's absolutely no truth to whatever he's been talking about, and I've just written him off as being nuts, and so I've just left it at that (laughs)."
- Velvet Revolver has been without a singer since Weiland was dismissed from the band in April 2008. He rejoined Stone Temple Pilots at that time and has toured constantly and cut one album with them.
- Regarding Weiland's Velvet Revolver remarks, Slash said, "Scott is completely speaking out of his ass. Nobody at this end has had any conversations with Scott on this subject . . . all things considered, we don't have a good professional relationship with Scott."
- Slash added, "It also pisses me off because he's put STP through so much s*** over the years, and put us through s*** too when we were working with him . . . Even if I didn't have my solo thing going on, I still wouldn't work with him."
- Slash has been touring for most of the past year behind his second solo effort, Apocalyptic Love.
WHAT DO YOU THINK??
- Who do you find more believable about this, Slash or Scott Weiland?
- Do you think Slash is trying to downplay these reports only because he wants to focus on his solo career?
- Do you think there's a chance that some of the less busy members of Velvet Revolver would be open to reuniting with Weiland?
- Or is the bottom line simply that Weiland is a disaster that no one wants to work with anymore?
INTERNET COMMENTS at Classic Rock and Blabbermouth -- agree or not?
mole wrote: "Summary: I'm selling enough CDs and concert tickets with Myles Kennedy for now thanks. If that changes I'll let you know. I've built a 25 year career on one half decent album so I know what I'm doing."
rnrstar137 wrote: "Good news, I'd hate to see Scott Weiland lower his standards by working with Slash again."
Zambo wrote: "It's been almost 5 years now that Scott has been out of VR. VR is over."
Megamoca wrote: "Scott is the generation X's Axl Rose. You f***ed yourself Scott, enjoy being all alone."
RedZombie wrote: "Weiland just got crushed. Cause now everyone knows that he's a loser and a liar. Would really love to see VR return with a new and better singer. I'll also add that I personally was never a huge fan of Scott's singing, STP or otherwise."
Slash On Scott Weiland's Velvet Revolver Remarks
Read more at Blabbermouth, Loudwire, Ultimate Classic Rock and Classic Rock