Bon Jovi has just released "Because We Can," the lead single from the band's upcoming album, What About Now, which is due out on March 26th. "Because We Can" was written by Jon Bon Jovi, Richie Sambora, and Billy Falcon. Falcon has been a longtime collaborator of the band's, having co-written tracks for such Bon Jovi albums as Crush, Bounce, Have A Nice Day, Lost Highway, and The Circle.
What About Now will also feature the original Jon Bon Jovi song, "Not Running Anymore" from the movie, Stand Up Guys. The song has been nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song. This marks the first time Jon Bon Jovi has scored a Golden Globe nomination since winning in 1990, for "Blaze Of Glory" from Young Guns II. The Golden Globe Awards ceremony will be broadcast live on Sunday (January 13th) at 5:00 p.m. PT/8:00 p.m. ET on NBC.
- Jon Bon Jovi told us he and the band have come a long way since scoring their first Number One album with 1986's Slippery When Wet: "Y'know when I was 25 and we wrote ' . . .Bad Name,' you were the kid with long hair in the mall -- sex, drugs, rock n' roll. All that kind of stuff. You were a cowboy. You were gonna ride into town. You were dead or alive. That's who I was at that time. I'm not that guy anymore. I've grown up in the public eye. We've been at this a long time."
- Richie Sambora told us that he particularly gets a kick out of the fact that with each new album, Bon Jovi scores another generation of fans, who get hooked in by the band's new music: "We have a whole new demographic of people that think we're a new band, y'know what I mean? And it's pretty cool, we clean up pretty good for some old guys, and that feels real good, y' now, that people think we're a new band, some of them. And now, I think they're getting acquainted with our catalog a lot now, too."
- Bon Jovi tour dates (subject to change):
February 9 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
February 10 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center
February 13, 14 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
February 17, 18 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
February 20 - Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place
February 21 - Pittsburgh, PA - Consol Energy Center
February 27 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
March 1 - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum
March 2 - Sunrise, FL - BB&T Center
March 5 - Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
March 6 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena
March 9 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
March 10 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
March 13 - St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
March 14 - Louisville, KY - KFC Yum! Center
March 16 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
March 17 - Lubbock, TX - United Spirit Arena
April 2 - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
April 3 - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
April 5 - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre
April 7 - Saint Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center
April 10 - Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center
April 11 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
April 13 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center
April 14 - Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena
April 16 - Denver, CO Pepsi Center
April 17 - Salt Lake City, UT - EnergySolutions Arena
April 19 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
April 20 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena
April 23 - Glendale, AZ - Jobing.com Arena
April 25 - San Jose, CA - HP Pavilion At San Jose
July 12 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
July 24, 25 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
- Out now is Bon Jovi's latest live album, Inside Out. The 14-track collection was recorded at London's O2 Arena, New Jersey's MetLife Stadium, and New York's Madison Square Garden, during the band's 2008 Lost Highway and 2010's The Circle tours.
- The tracklisting is to Inside Out is: "Blood On Blood," "Lost Highway," "Born To Be My Baby," "You Give Love A Bad Name," "Whole Lot Of Leavin'," "Raise Your Hands," "We Got It Going On," "Have A Nice Day," "It's My Life," "I'll Be There For You," "We Weren't Born To Follow," "Wanted Dead Or Alive," "Livin' On A Prayer," and "Keep The Faith"
CHECK IT OUT: Bon Jovi's new single "Because We Can":
Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora On New Fans
Jon Bon Jovi On Growing Up
Check out a song review at Ultimate Classic Rock